Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Murkywaters

Reaction score
cawuCEZ.png

Photo of Jerry Gray.

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Officials with the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office said they are still looking for a man who went missing in 1982.

Jerry Myron Gray was born on Sept. 5, 1954, and was adopted by the Gray family. On the morning of Aug. 23, 1982, Gray left his home riding his 1977 Kawasaki motorcycle. That was the last time he or his motorcycle was seen. Gray was 6’0 and weighed 175 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

He also had a scar on his left cheek. Just days after his disappearance, Gray’s home was broken into resulting in $1,200 worth of items being stolen. Gray’s only living relative is his sister, Judy, who was also adopted by the Gray family.

MCSO is deep-diving back into this case due to a woman who works with MCSO. Olivia McCarter, 20, is a student at the University of South Alabama who was hired to research several cold cases through MCSO. In her time with MCSO, McCarter has helped identify six victims or perpetrators in cases that were previously unsolved.

Source Links:

Bumping, as just came across this case and came here to post the same comparison as MadMcGoo above
I think it would be worth submitting just based on location. You wanna or should I? :D

Could you, please? Im in the UK and entirely unfamiliar with the process, please keep us updated and fingers crossed!

Could you, please? Im in the UK and entirely unfamiliar with the process, please keep us updated and fingers crossed!
I submitted to the Doe Network, I’ll keep the thread updated!

If you ever want to submit in the future I recommend using this link: Potential Match Submission To Panel . It’s very easy and can be done from anywhere (I think). You just need NamUs and Doe Network links to both the missing person and unidentified person you are submitting. If there isn’t one or more link available I just enter in “N/A” on the form. Hope this helps!

Bump for Jerry

Gray left his residence on a motorcycle and was not seen since that date. Gray had an important meeting at his work place the next morning and it was out of character for him to miss work.

He has a scar on his left cheek.

He was riding a 1977 Kawasaki Motorcycle - model KZ1000-B1
Color - Blue
State - Alabama
License Plate - M14338
Expiration Year - 1978

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics