GUILTY Al - Oralia Mendoza, 49, & Mariah Feit Lopez, 13, Madison County, 7 Jun 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have you been able to find the other suspect yet? With Latino surnames, they get mixed up all the time in custody. they reverse the name, or sometimes if they had been in custody before under another name (usually a similar one) they just book them off the old name. And the names are not hyphenated anyways, they only do that here.
There is no court record search I am aware of. Above information was from the jail roster.

Yes, I've been searching for both Aguilar & Martinez.

Cybervampira - I have a court link - which gives about a week ahead of time. So I've been looking on here, now that I know what county # Madison is. On my list of look.every.day.week. list! :)

AlacourtACCESS

That's it??!!! LOL! Thanks cybervampira! :D

edited to add - but isn't the DA supposed to give "evidence" and such to the defense? ??

That's it??!!! LOL! Thanks cybervampira! :D

edited to add - but isn't the DA supposed to give "evidence" and such to the defense? ??
I dunno. The subpoena was filed against the Madison County Sheriff’s Office though.

Hearing Date: Thursday, June 13th

Judge RUTH ANN HALL
Case NumberTimeNameJudge RUTH ANN HALL
47-DC-2018-004013.00 10:00 AM PALOMINO ISREAL GONZALEZ
47-DC-2018-004129.00 10:00 AM PALOMINO ISREAL GONZALEZ

link: AlacourtACCESS

This is for today's hearing:

Madison County Sheriff asks judge to dismiss subpoena request in Capital Murder case

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - On Thursday, a Madison County judge could make an important ruling regarding a capital murder case.

Defense attorney’s for Israel Palomino filed a subpoena asking Madison County Sheriff Kevin Turner to hand over specific jail records regarding Palomino.

picture of subpoena

The defense has requested booking records, disciplinary records, visit logs, medical records and notes, anything that involved Palomino.
[.....]
A hearing will be held on Thursday morning to determine the outcome of this motion.

Thursday, June 13th:
*Preliminary Hearing (see below) (@ 10am ET) – AL – Oralia Mendoza (49) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 15, 2018) & granddaughter Mariah Feit Lopez (13) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 7, 2018) – *Yoni Martinez-Aguilar (26) arrested (6/15/18) & charged (7/12/18) with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held w/o bond. Undocumented.
(LE says might have connection to Sinaloa drug cartel). Yoni said he had to kill Mariah as she saw him murder Oralia; YA says Palomino killer Oralia.
7/21/18 Update: Case goes to Grand Jury.

1/17/19 Update: Yoni in Status hearing on 1/17. Judge sets “late April” for case to go to Grand Jury.

Only for *Israel Gonzalez Palomino (34) – arrested (6/14/18) & charged with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held w/o bond.
Green card holder. Originally arrested on possession of drugs.
In court next week (7/16) for original drug possession charge. 7/16/18: Waived his rights to Prelim hearing on 8/2/18.
5/29/19 Update: Attorneys for Isreal Palomino filed the subpoena last week, asking for any and all records since he was incarcerated in June 2018. The state filed a motion to dismiss the subpoena, calling it an “effort to engage in a fishing expedition.”

6/10/19 Update: Hearing on 6/13.

Prosecutor expects to present child beheading case to grand jury this fall

June 13, 2019

mugs.jpg

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - A judge is urging prosecutors to keep the case moving forward against two men charged in the grisly killing of a Madison County woman and her granddaughter.

Yoni Aguilar and Israel Palomino are both charged with two counts of capital murder in connection to the deaths of Oralia Mendoza and Mariah Lopez.

It has been almost a year to the day since Israel Palomino was arrested. Thursday he appeared in court because his attorney would like to review documents from his time in jail. But during the hearing, the judge expressed to the prosecution that she doesn't want this case to get tied up as it waits to go to the grand jury.

The district attorney explained that due to the magnitude of the case, a year isn't an extended amount of time to prepare to move the case forward.

Since this is a capital murder case, Israel Palomino must be present all of his hearings. Thursday he was walked to the courtroom in shackles. He has been in the Madison County Jail since his arrest.

Prosecutor expects to present child beheading case to grand jury this fall

Hey @Gardener1850 - the article probably didn't have any future dates in it, eh? Can't access - otherwise would look myself... :(

This is a case I have to look up each week.... haven't seen Martinez name yet. That time of week to go to my look.up.every.day.week list.... :)

edited to add - never mind on Palomino's next court date - I see I have 7/10 in my notes.

Hey @Gardener1850 - the article probably didn't have any future dates in it, eh? Can't access - otherwise would look myself... :(

This is a case I have to look up each week.... haven't seen Martinez name yet. That time of week to go to my look.up.every.day.week list.... :)

edited to add - never mind on Palomino's next court date - I see I have 7/10 in my notes.

The rest of the article summarizes the case (everything we already know) and the last line in the article says:
"The district attorney told the judge he expects to be able to ready to take Palomino's case to the grand jury sometime in September or October."

That's all it says.

Thanks! I have the other guy Martinez's case went to Grand Jury in late April.... nothing on him.

Just looked at the court site - nothing for either on there - goes thru 6/18.

Per my notes.... this case I have to look up every week. And nothing has appeared for either one.

Sometime in September:
*Preliminary Hearing (see below) (@ 10am ET) – AL – Oralia Mendoza (49) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 15, 2018) & granddaughter Mariah Feit Lopez (13) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 7, 2018) – *Yoni Martinez-Aguilar (26) arrested (6/15/18) & charged (7/12/18) with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held without bond.
Undocumented. LE says might have connection to Sinaloa drug cartel. Yoni said he had to kill Mariah as she saw him murder Oralia; YA says Palomino killer Oralia.
7/21/18 Update: Case goes to Grand Jury.

1/17/19 Update: Yoni in Status hearing on 1/17. Judge sets “late April” for case to go to Grand Jury.

Only for *Israel Gonzalez Palomino (34) – arrested (6/14/18) & charged with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held without bond.
Green card holder. Originally arrested on possession of drugs.
In court next week (7/16) for original drug possession charge. 7/16/18: Waived his rights to Prelim hearing on 8/2/18.
5/29/19 Update: Attorneys for Isreal Palomino filed the subpoena last week, asking for any and all records since he was incarcerated in June 2018. The state filed a motion to dismiss the subpoena, calling it an “effort to engage in a fishing expedition.”
6/10/19 Update: Hearing on 6/13. 6/13/19: A judge is urging prosecutors to keep the case moving forward. The district attorney told the judge he expects to be able to ready to take Palomino's case to the grand jury sometime in September or October.

Two men indicted in Madison County beheading, suspected drug cartel murders

MADISON COUNTY, Ala. — A grand jury indicted two men on capital murder charges in the June 2018 killings of a Madison County woman and her granddaughter.

Court documents show Yoni Martinez Aguilar and Israel Palomino were indicted Friday in the deaths of 49-year-old Oralia Mendoza and her 13-year-old granddaughter, Mariah Lopez.
[.....]
Aguilar is scheduled for a status call on Dec. 20. Palomino does not currently have a hearing date scheduled. Each man faces two counts of capital murder.

Last edited:
I haven't really commented on this case but have followed since the beginning. Imagine my shock when a friend shared this story on a certain social media platform and the platform sent me a warning that I was commenting on fake news. Not kidding. Unreal. :mad:

Glad to see that justice for Mariah is coming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion
Back