Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I think women can and should make pacts with one another though to not leave with strangers. And not allow others to take them off somewhere. Back in the day when I went out more with single friends that’s what I did.

I also never leave my drink unattended and cover it when I’m in a crowd.

Who she left with should be easy to determine I think?

I am MORTIFIED to think about how many people in my life I’ve met at a party or bar and gone off to “burn one with” (joint). Alcohol certainly weakens one’s inhibitions and ability to make smart choices. Thank God weed is legal now in some places and people who are dying to smoke weed don’t have to take such stupid chances.

(After Heidi Broussard’s case and my gross misjudgment about betting the bank that her SO was the perp based on his “tell” of not answering his cell phone during a media interview, I’m reserving forming opinions in all cases going forward at this time.)

Nah. Even her friends and Tim Miller agreed with those of us who put him high on the list. It’s logic. It just failed in that case but exceptions prove the rule.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but if in trouble, wouldn’t you give a location of some sort? Or a first name? Or vehicle description? This is something I’ve done in the past when I’ve had car trouble and wasn’t sure my car would make it, etc. At least a street name, or some sort of identifiable factor? If it was her who sent the text, why did she leave out other information is she really thought she could be in trouble? I know that I have sent info about my uber drivers, etc. if I felt uncomfortable.
I think LE is withholding the who and where so it doesn’t lead back to the coworker.

I haven’t had time to catch up with the thread, but I’m about to be with her family, putting yellow ribbons up around the area where PH lived.

Her family is so strong through all of this. I couldn’t imagine being in their shoes right now!

I can relate. Whoooo. All my bells were going off. I have my theory on why. Guilt is guilt. Maybe not for the crime at hand but things you would do to cause you people to believe you did. That's all I can say about that.
Well Chuck, there were a lot of us in that there boat and we've eaten our crow for it. Glad I was in such good company. :) As for the rest, "mums the word." ;) We all learned a valuable lesson on that thread. All I can say at this point here is, I have no opinion. :rolleyes:

Someone who was not thinking very clearly and in panic mode. Someone attempting to connect the dots to the alleged 2 black men she left with. Moo

I am hoping the time of death can be determined precisely by her being sadly in saying so, encased by a cloth of some sort and in mud, body intact. There is a big problem if she was deceased prior to her texting that she felt in trouble. Finger are crossed in hopes of a precise time of death.

Edit: Digestive tract could help tremendously if anyone knows what she had for lunch at work, time, and food after work. ??!

Last edited:
Well, she directly says she doesn't know the people she is with, so that seems pretty clear they were framed as strangers.

Just the whole phrasing in the text message is weird to me. It overexplains but without saying anything of substance and it doesn't seem like someone texting in a hurry and the phrasing is odd.

I think it is possible the people PH was with at the bar thought they were strangers because they didn't know them. But that doesn't mean that PH didn't know them, and she may well have told the people she left with that. And they may have been people she didn't want people to know she knew--and I don't mean that as a criticism toward her. Not everyone you hang out with is necessarily someone you want to advertise to your family, your coworkers, or even some of your other friends. So, just being seen with her doesn't mean other people know she knew them.

I'm not entirely ruling out PH sent the text message or that she was with strangers, but just something about that text message has never set right with me.

Thanks for that. What’s the whole text? I might be missing part of it.

Can't upload pics from Google its saying it's too big but can go google and see chapel drive ,love street and see lot better the house just curious thing is there's 2 cars parked at the house would be nice to know when did the house became inhabited and at what time did google took the pics though

I think she was still in a fragile part of recovery

Being in a bar situation where perhaps it was a place she had previously socialized with users was a high-risk event for her and she shouldn't have put herself in that situation .

I think the co-worker's story has some big holes in it.

And sadly, I think she got too close to a drug-using environment. Like many others, I'm skeptical about the leaving with 2 black men story. If it was credible, LE would have had some sort of description of what they were wearing from other patrons and other co-workers. The text is also very wordy to have to type and using full sentences with punctuation in a situation where you feel danger doesnt add up. I think it's fake

MOO, but I think they are going to find evidence of using drugs and possibly an overdose, such as a fentanyl exposure.

How do we know and is the co-worker related in any way to where her body was found?
MSM confirms she rode with a co-worker and texted a co-worker she was in danger. Quote cones from PH's mom's FB statement included in this article:
Alabama woman who texted 'I feel in trouble' before she disappeared has been found dead, police say - CNN
"She sent the message to the coworker that she rode with to the Tin Roof that "if I call answer, I don't know these people and I feel in trouble."

ETA: No MSM link to co-worker's connection to location of the body. There may be connection to PH and her friends having been in that area before but nothing in MSM so MOO.

Thanks for that. What’s the whole text? I might be missing part of it.
"Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

I once texted a friend because I was worried about someone I was with. I gave a name in the event I turned up missing. If she didn't have a name by that point, there's nothing else there to work with--no suspected location, no information on who she is with, no information on why she is scared, though she takes the time to add more than as if it was sent in a hurry. She could have been impaired, but again, it's just a weird combination of very specific information with nothing concrete to act on. And as people have said, why not call?

"I feel in trouble" also seems like odd phrasing if you're scared. I think it would be more normal/natural for someone to say "I'm scared."

There's also a bit of a potential delay worked in in clarifying she would be the one to call--not the other way around, with the assumption she would still be in the position to call, not like she is afraid she will not be able to make a phone call if things got weirder/more uncomfortable.

I am not saying all of this to blame PH--it just makes me think she very well may not have sent the text message.

My main question is was this trip to the bar pre planned? Did PH tell her parents she was going there or is this something the so called friend told them happened the next day? It really has me wondering if it wasn't pre-planned did the friend invite PH over to try to persuade her into helping the friend score some dope using PH's money? A fight happened and something happened to PH during that fight that caused her death? Was this all staged to cover up? In the beginning the friend did say they had a fight. JMO

If from the jump LE really believed the "two heavy-set black males" were involved, it seems they would be making a huge effort to find them and asking the public's help, releasing whatever descriptions they were given, etc. If not only to find Paighton but to protect the public from the same fate. IMO
If from the jump LE really believed the "two heavy-set black males" were involved, it seems they would be making a huge effort to find them and asking the public's help, releasing whatever descriptions they were given, etc. If not only to find Paighton but to protect the public from the same fate. IMO
I haven’t had time to catch up with the thread, but I’m about to be with her family, putting yellow ribbons up around the area where PH lived.

Her family is so strong through all of this. I couldn’t imagine being in their shoes right now!

Sweet of you to do that. ❤️ They have certainly been in my heart and prayers.

What if the perp is in some way impaired and sending a text on the victim’s phone? The wording makes me wonder. And may explain why it’s alarming instead of reassuring.
Indeed it does happen, but the perp doesn't alert the receiver intentionally. They attempt to assure the receiver all is well. The whole point is to stall for time so there is no worry about the victim.

Can't upload pics from Google its saying it's too big but can go google and see chapel drive ,love street and see lot better the house just curious thing is there's 2 cars parked at the house would be nice to know when did the house became inhabited and at what time did google took the pics though

Street view is labeled November 2013.

I'm not convinced of the OD theory but it seems plausible because:
1. Her substance use history combined with being in a bar setting may have triggered a relapse
2. Her family discussing how frequently she checked in throughout the day (when arrived at work, lunch, leaving,etc) raises questions about where she may still be in the recovery process (personally, we start to notice clear signs when my SIL is trending toward relapse and family tends to increase oversight and check ins)
3. No surveillance video of the alleged 2 black men
4. If the men did exist, friend reported she left willingly at 10:45 p.m. Perhaps it was a drug deal with folks not very known to PH and she realized she was in danger (assuming she sent the text, which I doubt)
5. Her family stated she was planning to go out with coworkers for live music. The band started at 10:30 and she reportedly left by 10:45, coworker was home and asleep by midnight. Could the live music story have been a cover for her family as to why she was in bham but there were other plans all along?
6. LE has indicated they found nothing on video to assist in their investigation. Did they even see her on video? If so, why not release that footage? No known photos have surfaced from the night with her in them at the bar (with friends, in background of other photos, etc) and no witnesses have come forward publicly to say they saw her or the alleged men
7. LE has not released a more detailed description or attempted sketch of the alleged black men (i.e. what they were wearing,etc) asking for the public's help in locating these men.

Thanks for all that detail!

Has there been anything in MSM to indicate whether co-worker/friend had issues with drugs?

I wonder if PH had her phone fingerprint or password protected. My husband and son are the only people who know the password to use my cell. If PH’s phone automatically locked the way many people’s do, either she sent the message, someone forced her to (seems unlikely to me), or someone who knew her password did (seems like that would be a very short list of people). I still can’t figure this part out. ‍♀️

Moo...I think at least 2 people worked together to bury her. When our dog passed away, she weighed 75 pounds. My husband and I had to take turns digging her grave and burying her. It was no easy feat, and it was definitely a 2 person job. It took a long time. And this was a canine -not a human. :( I don’t think I could have done that on my own, and I consider myself a capable, independent person.

I really want to be wrong about this, but this morbid idea that maybe PH died the night she disappeared and that people who were witness to her death freaked out and spent that night burying her keeps running through my head. Again moo...

I am so sad about her outcome. She deserved so much better. And to have overcome so much but to still die so young and so publicly like this is incredibly heartbreaking and unfair.
How long it would take to dig a grave is dependent on the soil type. Clay a long time. Sand a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM