Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut keeps telling me that the co-worker is not involved and that she just got it wrong with the people she said she saw PH left with.

Maybe it’s because I would hope better of a “friend.” My gut tells me that this was a random crime of opportunity - maybe influenced by drugs or sexual desires. MOO.
Initially I thought the same thing. I thought she probably left the bar with two men, who were in fact strangers. The likely reason for that would have been drug related.

Her motivation would have been drugs, and their motivation would have been sexual.

But now I have serious issues with that:

These guys weren’t spotted on video.

The strange text.

The way law enforcement has handled this (not putting out a description of these two men, and appealing for help in identifying them).

So as far as I’m concerned, that scenario has pretty much fallen apart.

Any scenario has issues, but that one has more than the others for me.

Can someone clarify for me on her 'recovering addict' history? Was her history on that aspect extensive? - like for years in the past? And moreso - how long had she been 'clean' before she disappeared?
I don’t think we have that knowledge. We know she was a heroin addict, and from the fact that she battled severe endocarditis and sepsis we can very reasonably assume she was an IV user. Aside from that, that’s all we’ve really got. If she was at the bar and actually drinking alcohol (which we don’t know), then she already wasn’t sober.

The only way this makes sense is if the CoWorker is involved. The only way!! I dont think we have enough info to get this far. we don't even know for sure if the info is how it was relayed to the family. Have your ever saw an exercise where one person whispers to another and by the end of the line, the message is jumbled up or altogether different.
this could happen in one relay, from one person to another, the to media. We don't even know if this is what the coworker told to LE. We only have second hand info from the family.
This might not make sense to you but it does to me, She hooks up with 2 strangers either willingly or under influence of something & leaves with them for whatever reason. She becomes suspicious they want something from her & she texts her friend. They get what they want & kill her. LE identifies the 2 men & search properties the men are familiar with. This scenario seems more likely that coworkers kill her for no reason.

Someone mentioned earlier that she could have met up with “the heavy set guys” when she went out to smoke, etc and that’s why they didn’t see them on surveillance. The more I think about it, this could absolutely be the case. The area where Tin Roof is located has several other bars/restaurants on that street. People normally park then walk from bar to bar so the sidewalks are always pretty congested. It’s kinda like one big party going on inside/outside up and down this street.

Do we have only the co-worker's statement that PH was ever in the bar?

Is there evidence other than a credit card on the floor that she was ever there?

I wonder how far PH's car was from the burial site?
All questions I have wondered...and I believe unless i’m Mistaken credit card had no charges or cash withdrawals.

I am not sure if this is allowed or not and will alert a mod but I wanted to share this with everyone so you can see and listen to Paighton talk about her struggle and health.
Homepage

Aww so sad. She made it despite the odds and is now dead.

I don’t know if this is drug related but chronic drug use damages the brain in ways that can be hard to fix. It destroys the dopamine receptors so without the drug chronic users can often not ever feel happy or joyful or even peaceful.

I know this because my dear friend who became my family died in my home after years of heroin addiction so I saw the ups and downs and what recovery looks like.

He was one of the best and smartest and coolest people I know. A pure soul. He was living with us as a means to keep him safe. He died during a self-detox.

All those years of abuse and he died sober. (He developed a blood clot that got to his heart. That also happens with long term heroin users quite a bit).

At least weekly I think of him and feel this profound sense of regret. I can’t explain it. Regret that the world lost such a special person. From the time of the 911 call I was frantic to let everyone know he wasn’t just some trashy addict. He was incredible.

Seeing this video of PH sort of brought that back.

No matter what to have struggled that hard as she did and then end up dead anyhow is so horrible.

I don’t think we have that knowledge. We know she was a heroin addict, and from the fact that she battled severe endocarditis and sepsis we can very reasonably assume she was an IV user. Aside from that, that’s all we’ve really got. If she was at the bar and actually drinking alcohol (which we don’t know), then she already wasn’t sober.

Thanks for this information.

This makes me reconsider this location of strictly being the disposal site. When I mentioned the house reeking of being known to drug users, I was thinking about this in terms of the perp(s). This house to me screams “needles”, and I was even wondering if there were needles all over the place. So, IF she was an IV user in the past, then perhaps she did first come to this place willingly strictly for the purpose of using with whomever she was with.

ETA: But they would need a shovel. Was there already one on site? If not they would have to return to the site. Seems risky.

ETA2: Can we see any shovels in the photos?

Last edited:
This might not make sense to you but it does to me, She hooks up with 2 strangers either willingly or under influence of something & leaves with them for whatever reason. She becomes suspicious they want something from her & she texts her friend. They get what they want & kill her. LE identifies the 2 men & search properties the men are familiar with. This scenario seems more likely that coworkers kill her for no reason.

I think that was the intended scenario, her leaving the bar with two guys for drugs, but there’s no proof that she was even inside the bar besides the probably planted ID on the dance floor.

The person(s) who put her there, most likely have some familiarity with the home. Related to owner, lived there at some point, friends with someone who lived there at some point, knew the house was empty, and felt comfortable about being their long enough to bury her, without attracting attention. Surely at some point in the time she was missing, there was a vehicle parked there. Hopefully someone saw it.
The friend/coworker, is mute to me. We don't know how well they knew each other. We don't know if she left the bar out of site of the friend/coworker. We don't know if there were persons as described by friend or co worker, or if they were described to her by PH, then relayed to family, or if there were even strangers at all per LE, all we know is that they could not find anyone on video matching the description. We don't know if there were conversation between her and the /coworker or if the co worker thought maybe she was grown and therefore could do what she wished and maybe it was none of their business. That person may not have gotten a good description because he/she didn't care what PH was doing. The leaving with strangers could have transpired in the parking lot and coworker only knows what she was told. The text does not seem all that far fetched for someone who feels like they are in a bad position. I have now idea what i would text if in that position, or pressed for time.

If this was the case, then the coworker specifically mentioning the word 'willingly left,' with 2 strange men would not at all be known to the co worker if all you mentioned up above is true. This stuck out to me.

Do we know that the same person that saw her leave with these two guys is the one that got the text? I still do not understand this, she leaves with guys who she does not know, then messages later she do not know these people. But she knew that at the time she left with them , so was she just out of it? Its not like in the Spurlock case where her friend left her. I would think if she was so out of it they would try to stop her.

Ok, here’s a thought.

What if she meets someone at the bar and they start talking about heroin and PH asks this person where she can get some, so that person then makes a call, and the dealer(s) come to the bar and pull up outside, but don’t come inside, and she goes out to meet them. This would be a way they wouldn’t have been seen in the bar.

LE always looks very hard at the person who claimed to have last seen a missing person:

Did PH's family know this co-worker?

Did PH socialize with the co-worker before? It's odd they don't describe this person as her "friend" , but use the more distant "co-worker" term.

And this wasn't really an after work thing at 10:30 pm was it? Or did she work a shift that got off late? Were there really other people from her work?

Like LE, I'm thinking about her last claimed contact and reversing the timeline. All we know to be is that her car was reportedly left at co-workers, she reportedly was in the bar, there is a very odd text on her phone, and she is found dead 15 miles from her reported last sighting.

I'll bet LE has been through the co-workers' phone for contacts, texts, and locations

If I'm going to speculate based on what little data we have, I would say it's just as likely she was seen chatting to two large guys as she walked out of the bar - not because she knew them or was with them, but because they were exiting at the same time. Perhaps she was going outside for a breath of air, a smoke, to cool off. Presumably if she was leaving and not planning on coming back quickly (or at all), she would have told her friend (or texted her) so her friend wouldn't hang around looking for her and worrying.

If this is the case, LE might have video showing her exiting at the same time as two guys but also showing them going their separate ways once outside. LE may have even identified the alleged two guys and cleared them.

In fact, this part is really bothering me. PH disappeared without a word to her co-worker/friend and her co-worker/friend went home without trying to find her? At the very least, I would have expected her co-worker/friend to be texting her when she was ready to leave the bar and go home.

LE always looks very hard at the person who claimed to have last seen a missing person:

Did PH's family know this co-worker?

Did PH socialize with the co-worker before? It's odd they don't describe this person as her "friend" , but use the more distant "co-worker" term.

And this wasn't really an after work thing at 10:30 pm was it? Or did she work a shift that got off late? Were there really other people from her work?

Like LE, I'm thinking about her last claimed contact and reversing the timeline. All we know to be is that her car was reportedly left at co-workers, she reportedly was in the bar, there is a very odd text on her phone, and she is found dead 15 miles from her reported last sighting.

I'll bet LE has been through the co-workers' phone for contacts, texts, and locations
She apparently called the family, so she seems to have at least had contact information for them, which isn't true of all of my friends in relation to my parents. I don't know how well she knew PH or the family beyond that, though.

Ok, here’s a thought.

What if she meets someone at the bar and they start talking about heroin and PH asks this person where shecan get some, so that person makes a call, and the dealer(s) pull up outside; but don’t come inside, and she goes out to meet them. This would be a way they wouldn’t have been seen in the bar.
But then how was the friend able to provide a description of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes