Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but no one spent energy on burying someone. These people are a selfish bunch, even when they get clean, it is all about them, how awesome they are to recover...on and on...honestly, drug addicts are too self absorbed to care about burying someone. They would happily dump them out of the car, and keep on going, life is a party. Burying someone, is not a party. They wouldn't bother.

Morning!

This is the reason I believe there was foul play involved in PH death.

Through the years I've read about several cases where someone had OD, and those with them would discard the bodies in alleys or above ground elsewhere in another area to make it appear they ODd while alone.

But PH was buried with the suspect or suspects hoping she wouldn't ever be found, imo.

I cant recall a case at the moment where someone took the time to bury someone when the person had actually ODd on their own, where no foul play was involved.

Perhaps other posters know of such cases where the one who buried, and concealed the body did so only because the victim had ODd solely on their own, and there wasn't any foul play involved.

Imo, suspects bury their victims in order to protect their own secrets, and criminal wrongdoings. I believe this is why PH was secreted away in a shallow grave with the suspect or suspects hoping they wouldnt be detected.

It just doesn't make logical sense to me anyway, that the perps would bury PH if she truly had ODd on her own. I believe if that truly happened they would do like others have done in the past, and put her body in another area above ground to be found as if she was alone in that area at the time when she ODd by herself.

I've seen several cases where the ME would not release the COD, MOD in an ongoing investigation. Imo, LE are looking for suspects, and dont want to release any information that would only be known by the suspect/s themselves including how, and why PH wound up dead, and then put into a shallow grave.

I have no doubt this case will be solved, but like any ongoing investigation it takes time. This investigation is in its beginning stages.

Imo, there will be arrests. PH certainly didnt bury her dead body herself. I also believe foul play was involved.

Jmho

Morning!

Through the years I've read about several cases where someone had OD, and those with them would discard the bodies in alleys or above ground elsewhere in another area to make it appear they ODd while alone.

But PH was buried with the suspect or suspects hoping she wouldn't ever be found, imo.

I cant recall a case at the moment where someone took the time to bury someone when the person had actually ODd on their own, where no foul play was involved.

Perhaps other posters know of such cases where the one who buried, and concealed the body did so only because the victim had ODd solely on their own, and there wasn't any foul play involved.

Imo, suspects bury their victims in order to protect their own secrets, and criminal wrongdoings. I believe this is why PH was secreted away in a shallow grave with the suspect or suspects hoping they wouldnt be detected.

It just doesn't make logical sense to me anyway, that the perps would bury PH if she truly had ODd on her own. I believe if that truly happened they would do like others have done in the past, and put her body in another area above ground to be found as if she was alone in that area at the time when she ODd by herself.

I've seen several cases where the ME would not release the COD, MOD in an ongoing investigation. Imo, LE are looking for suspects, and dont want to release any information that would only be known by the suspect/s themselves including how, and why PH wound up dead, and then put into a shallow grave.

I have no doubt this case will be solved, but like any ongoing investigation it takes time. This investigation is in its beginning stages.

Imo, there will be arrests. PH certainly didnt bury her dead body herself. I also believe foul play was involved.

Jmho

It’s not the usual story, but it’s been done
'I didn't handle it correctly': Man claims he buried friend in backyard after fatal overdose

I think they found Cupcake 10 days after and were able to find drugs in her system, I feel they should be in this case.

And of course all Moo, I think she was at the bar, I think the person she texted and the person who said they saw her leave with two dudes are different people. I think maybe they were gonna give her a ride/ score drugs and somewhere along the line she felt it was going wrong and they hurt her, or she OD'ed or force her to OD. It is also possible that coworker is lying and he/she hurt her but that would mean more people who knew her were involved, not sure I buy that.

As an example. If an autopsy is done on a person with multiple stab wounds - the pathologist has to trace each wound and determine WHICH wound was fatal. If an autopsy is done on a person with multiple gunshot wounds - the pathologist must trace the path of each bullet to determine which bullet wound was fatal. If an autopsy is done on a person with stab wounds and bullet wounds - the pathologist must determine what caused the death. What was the actual cause of death - stab wound or bullet wound?

There you have three scenarios where the cause of death had to be explored further.
Yes. And I believe LE wants to keep the COD quite for now. I feel like there are multiple people involved here and probably lots of talk. I think not publishing the COD will help them figure out what people are legit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is an OD, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was gunshots.
Morning!

Jmho
I agree 100%. Why not load her in her own car with her drug paraphernalia and drive to a remote location? Then prop her up in the drivers seat and leave the car running. I honestly don't think LE would have looked at that too hard given her past struggles with drugs. The people involved just say that she never showed up. Instead there is this convoluted plan involving planting debit cards, digging holes, sending fake texts and inventing two big black guys.

Morning!

Jmho

Here’s a follow up on my previous post, two months later, after the autopsy is complete.
People do the craziest things.

“Greg Palermo, 50, and Donald Morrison, 59, were charged with tampering with physical evidence, mishandling dead human remains and failure to report a death”

“Covelli confirmed that Boone died from an overdose of fentanyl and methamphetamine.”
According to arrest records, both Palermo and Morrison admitted to burying Boone’s body in a 10-foot grave fearing an investigation because of the nature of his death.”

“Florida law protects bystanders who call 911 to report overdoses to emergency services. Law enforcement would have investigated the death but would not have pursued drug charges, according to the OCSO.”

UPDATED: Two arrested after body discovered in Dr. Phillips | Southwest Orange | West Orange Times & Windermere Observer

Last edited:
In order to use this, you must have the person's name. Correct?
Well yes, but I would assume if a poster is inquiring about inmate searches and court dockets they know who they are looking for.
Guess they could also just be exploring every person arrested in the county over the last week or 2 and every case appearing in court this week, but gosh that’s a difficult task to do. IMO

I think they found Cupcake 10 days after and were able to find drugs in her system, I feel they should be in this case.

And of course all Moo, I think she was at the bar, I think the person she texted and the person who said they saw her leave with two dudes are different people. I think maybe they were gonna give her a ride/ score drugs and somewhere along the line she felt it was going wrong and they hurt her, or she OD'ed or force her to OD. It is also possible that coworker is lying and he/she hurt her but that would mean more people who knew her were involved, not sure I buy that.
I also (MOO of course) believe the person/people she went with and the individual she texted that night are different, but due to MSM it has been made to sound like they were one in the same.

That being said, it’s not only hard to force someone to OD, there really isn’t a reason - if this does turn out to be an OD, I think we can safely assume she wasn’t murdered and shot up against her will. What’s the motive?

If you are a stranger and looking to harm someone, chances are you’re going to do it in a different manner. If you are someone close to PH, there has got to be a motive, and a whole lot of planning involved (get the dope, get a needle, cook it up etc, be able to either have enough individuals to hold her down that she doesn’t move a muscle or knock her out first before you shoot her up). That’s just a lot of work and planning to then have a terrible cover story, a messy burial plan...it doesn’t add up for me. This seems like an afterthought/panic, not a well conceived and thought out plan.

I also see no reason for the ME to state death is undetermined and more testing is needed. If they in fact wanted to keep COD/MOD quiet, they could simply not say anything. As a public official, why lie?

Last edited:

I've thought about this theory too. The mother of girl who sent the text said as much. Just wondering how many people were in their party, and how many cars were taken. I believe that they were originally supposed to meet friends at another bar, but they went to Tin Roof instead, so there probably wasn't many of them. But using logic, if the person who witnessed her leaving and the texter are two different people, then the texter left more than one person without a ride, OR there was more than one vehicle. But then why would PH need to ride with strangers? Add the fact that surveillance doesn't show the black men and the entire story does not make sense.

IMO PH is killed before going to the bar. The plan is concocted. One person goes to Tin Roof and drops PH's debit card on the floor. They go to location one by the ball field and send the fake text, then dispose of the phone. Then they go to the house and bury her.

In the Alfred Wright Jr. case cocaine along with other drugs were found in his system. His body was found 18 days after he went missing. A man was charged and convicted for supplying the drugs. As I see it in the PH case, proving drug use was the COD would be difficult.

In the Alfred Wright Jr. case cocaine along with other drugs were found in his system. His body was found 18 days after he went missing. A man was charged and convicted for supplying the drugs. As I see it in the PH case, proving drug use was the COD would be difficult.
Why is that? Two weeks isn't overly long and the drugs would still show up in toxicology testing.

Morning!

Jmho

I feel like this depends upon whether or not the people in question know the OD victim, though.

If they don't know the OD victim and/or think it will be tough for anyone to ID whom he/she was with at the time of the OD, in that case I can easily see them following the "dump-or-abandon-the-body and hope for the best" train of thought.

Conversely, if the partiers were someone who knew PH, I see them going to greater lengths to conceal her body, because they would be afraid of being caught with it or affiliated with the OD.

JMO.

Well yes, but I would assume if a poster is inquiring about inmate searches and court dockets they know who they are looking for.
Guess they could also just be exploring every person arrested in the county over the last week or 2 and every case appearing in court this week, but gosh that’s a difficult task to do. IMO
I have been checking the inmate list daily since around 12/26/2019 I found 3 people I'd like to read dockets on.

Ok so I just dove into a rabbit hole. If someone was arrested Thursday night in connection to the death of PH could they have been arrested in Jefferson County?

There were 2 gentlemen arrested that night. One at 9:28pm....charge is body attachment. What the heck is that?
The second was arrested at 8:17pm for capital murder and abuse of corpse....
Maybe completely unrelated but stood out to me that these arrests occurred during the search and suspension of search. Just not certain if arrests would have been made by Jefferson County.
Inmate Roster - Current Inmates Booking Date Descending - Jefferson County Sheriff AR

That's Jefferson County in Arkansas.

DBM-oops wrong State
Body Attachment Law and Legal Definition. A writ of body attachment is a process issued by the court directing the authorities to bring a person who has been found in civil contempt before the court. The process may also be called an order of commitment for civil contempt or a warrant for civil arrest.

I've thought about this theory too. The mother of girl who sent the text said as much. Just wondering how many people were in their party, and how many cars were taken. I believe that they were originally supposed to meet friends at another bar, but they went to Tin Roof instead, so there probably wasn't many of them. But using logic, if the person who witnessed her leaving and the texter are two different people, then the texter left more than one person without a ride, OR there was more than one vehicle. But then why would PH need to ride with strangers? Add the fact that surveillance doesn't show the black men and the entire story does not make sense.

IMO PH is killed before going to the bar. The plan is concocted. One person goes to Tin Roof and drops PH's debit card on the floor. They go to location one by the ball field and send the fake text, then dispose of the phone. Then they go to the house and bury her.

But that would mean her friends and or coworkers killed her :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members