Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be surprised if the toxicology results come back with alcohol, xanax, GHB, Ketamine, heroin, opioids, fentanyl or a mixture of any of the above. She may have knowingly or unknowingly consumed any of these things with the crowd she was with that night. With PH's prior health problems, her reactions to any drugs could have been amplified. I think it's likely that LE won't release her toxology results.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the COD is strangulation or suffocation. I know that LE announced that there was no obvious trauma to her body that caused death, but I also think they are playing so much close to the chest in this case. By emphasizing that FH is only wanted for the abuse of corpse charges, perhaps they think they are more likely to capture him, then by announcing any murder charges now?
I understand that, but in the post I quoted The O.P. stated he doesn't think drugs were involved with PH, hence my question posed for his theory of COD.

Well according to LE they have evidence she died at the house on McClain if that’s true what could be the evidence? If it were substantial amounts of blood then how can they say she had no physical evidence of harm?

I am at a total loss if drugs aren’t involved in this case.

PH & FH meet at TRB
They leave together
They go to Brighton
PH is dead
They go to Hueytown
PH is buried

Brighton & Hueytown are the dregs of society
No self respecting woman would go there on her own
Someone tipped off police as to where PH was buried
There is no sign of trauma on PHs body

Would petechial hemorrhaging be considered trauma? As inbeing suffocated with a bag over her head? No defensive wounds?

If FH wasn’t a drug dealer, and PH wouldn’t have gone there to buy drugs, would she have decided to party th them?

I’m rambling, trying to sort it out. I’m sure something on here is wrong and I’ll get corrected but I’m going by very short and faulty memory. TYVM MOO and all that.

Can someone explain what this “cut-off” area is or why is it called that?

A satellite Jefferson County courthouse is located in downtown Bessemer. This practice hails from the special county government district known as the "Bessemer Cutoff," established in the middle of the 20th Century when Bessemer was a major city in its own right; the "Cutoff" even had a separate series of Alabama license plates, with a different numeric prefix than the rest of the county. Bessemer's status in that respect has largely been supplanted by other Birmingham suburbs such as Hoover, but Bessemer retains its own branch courthouse to this day, and the term "Bessemer Cutoff" remains in everyday usage by area residents. (Bham Wiki)

Has there been anything new since Friday? I checked out over the long weekend and haven't seen anything in the news. Thanks to the replier.
Unfortunately no new news on the news.

….as far as we know Fredrick Hampton is on the run....

The interview with the DA on 1-17-20 is worth a watch. It helped clarify and refresh some already known info for me. I would start with those videos.....there are two videos in attached link:
Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton

Someone (sorry I can't recall who it was) mentioned earlier in the thread that your fitbit can track both your physical location as well as your heartrate/physical activity if you have it set up that way. I'm not real sure how it works, but I wonder... if PH was wearing hers that night/the next day, and IF she had it set up that way, and IF the LE investigating the case accessed her account, would they have seen that her heart rate slowed significantly and then stopped at the exact location of the house on McClain?

Sure, that's a lot of "ifs" but... it seems possible. This would be digital evidence that would be real hard to ignore.

I am at a total loss if drugs aren’t involved in this case.

PH & FH meet at TRB
They leave together
They go to Brighton
PH is dead
They go to Hueytown
PH is buried

Brighton & Hueytown are the dregs of society
No self respecting woman would go there on her own
Someone tipped off police as to where PH was buried
There is no sign of trauma on PHs body

Would petechial hemorrhaging be considered trauma? As inbeing suffocated with a bag over her head? No defensive wounds?

If FH wasn’t a drug dealer, and PH wouldn’t have gone there to buy drugs, would she have decided to party th them?

I’m rambling, trying to sort it out. I’m sure something on here is wrong and I’ll get corrected but I’m going by very short and faulty memory. TYVM MOO and all that.

There is nothing wrong with your memory. Investigators already had the preliminary autopsy report and partial toxicology results when they told the public that PH body had no signs of trauma that would be fatal. Investigators know exactly what they are dealing with. As always, no results will be released until final.

I think it is naive to discount how recovering addicts live one day at a time. It’s pretty obvious that any body that knew PH was pulling for her perpetual recovery. I believe we were too.

In PH’s memory, I’m going to celebrate all that she got right in her short life: the unconditional love of her family and the respect of her colleagues before, during, and after her recovery for as long as she was able to fight her demon.

I truly hope her family finds comfort in one of the letters PH wrote where she said 2019 was one of the best years of her life (letter read at her funeral).

MOO

A hair or personal item wouldn’t prove she died there or was even there at all.
Perhaps they have phone records, cell phone messages, eye witness statements from the neighborhood, statements from someone who was there at the house when she died, etc. Perhaps the cadaver dog hit at the house? The cloth she was wrapped in came from the house?

I’m 100% unfamiliar with the drug world scene, but I do know 20-somethings are attached to their phones. Possible someone has photos or videos of PH at either house? Do drug users take photos while using? My kids are a little younger than PH but they have videos of themselves and friends doing all kinds of stupid things.

Perhaps they have phone records, cell phone messages, eye witness statements from the neighborhood, statements from someone who was there at the house when she died, etc. Perhaps the cadaver dog hit at the house? The cloth she was wrapped in came from the house?
This is what I'm thinking. I bet LE was all over the technology of all the players in this situation from the get go. If they had location services turned on, which I think most people do, LE could have tracked everyone's location all night long. And perhaps text messages back and forth.....people getting their stories straight perhaps. They probably also know PH phone's location when it was turned off.

A satellite Jefferson County courthouse is located in downtown Bessemer. This practice hails from the special county government district known as the "Bessemer Cutoff," established in the middle of the 20th Century when Bessemer was a major city in its own right; the "Cutoff" even had a separate series of Alabama license plates, with a different numeric prefix than the rest of the county. Bessemer's status in that respect has largely been supplanted by other Birmingham suburbs such as Hoover, but Bessemer retains its own branch courthouse to this day, and the term "Bessemer Cutoff" remains in everyday usage by area residents. (Bham Wiki)
Thank you @nylulu

This is what I'm thinking. I bet LE was all over the technology of all the players in this situation from the get go. If they had location services turned on, which I think most people do, LE could have tracked everyone's location all night long. And perhaps text messages back and forth.....people getting their stories straight perhaps. They probably also know PH phone's location when it was turned off.

They don't even have to have location services turned on. Their cell providers can provide data showing every tower their phones pinged on. If Paighton's phone was registering on towers in a trail from DT Birmingham then handing off to towers along the way to Brighton then they have her trail. If Hampton's matched (a similar trail because he could have a different carrier but the trail is still from Bham to Brighton) then that's good evidence of them being together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1