Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is where it is hard (MOO) to find a reason other than drugs, assuming it is actually true that she left "willingly" per initial reports.
I'm guessing LE has a lot more information.

Some of these perps can be real smooth operators. Not too out there to consider that Paighton may have simply thought so-and-so was a nice guy, got invited to a party without knowing anything other than a persona that was projected to her and it went downhill from there.

With no mention of murder charges against this guy could just be to put him at ease to bring him in on what he thinks is the more minor charge. IMO, her text is not indicative of a person who was doing drugs or whacked out in any way.

JMO

I wasn't thinking friends, at least not in the traditional sense like her hanging out with peers. I was wondering if perhaps they had crossed paths at programs for those struggling with addiction, etc. She comes from a nice family, but she's had a rough time. I would think she probably has a lot of acquaintances that would seem shocking, or hard to understand. She might trust another addict, if that makes sense?

I wasn't thinking so much a spiked drink as much as she thought he and/or the mysterious 2 heavy set guys were were cool, maybe they did some drugs, and then she realized the guys had other bad intentions, but it was too late.

So, I'm thinking the guys saw Peighton as a party girl they could get high and use. She wouldn't be able to pin anything on them because of her past, but she died.
I think we are of the same mind here. I think what you wrote is totally plausible.

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Jan 16, 2020
[..]

Fredrick Hampton, of Brighton, is being sought on a charge for abuse of corpse. He is not charged in connection with Paighton Houston’s death, only with actions authorities say he took following her death which in this case would be burying her.

[..]

“We have evidence the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street in Brighton. We have evidence that after the victim died, her body was disposed of in a criminal manner by Fredrick Hampton.”

The body of the 29-year-old Houston was found Friday, Jan. 3, wrapped in sheets and buried in a shallow grave behind the house at 215 Chapel Drive. That house belongs to relatives of Hampton.

[..]

Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.

Agee said investigators have determined Houston was with Hampton on Dec. 20, 2019 and Dec. 21, 2019. She died on Dec. 21 at a house on McClain Street in Brighton, he said. Asked if Houston was with Hampton willingly and voluntarily, Agee said, “We are saying they were together. There is no evidence there was any force.”

[..]

She [PH] had sent multiple messages to her co-worker, the last one reading, “Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” That text was sent at 12:15 a.m. Dec. 21 but not seen by her coworker until nearly two hours later. bbm

Are we sure she really ditched her friend ....no witnesses to ditching her friend ,just what said friend stated.
It’s hard for me to believe she was there willingly and never contacted her parents and not only that her phone went to voicemail. Everyone has chargers in today’s day in time. My hinky meter is still spiking.

Some of these perps can be real smooth operators. Not too out there to consider that Paighton may have simply thought so-and-so was a nice guy, got invited to a party without knowing anything other than a persona that was projected to her and it went downhill from there.

With no mention of murder charges against this guy could just be to put him at ease to bring him in on what he thinks is the more minor charge. IMO, her text is not indicative of a person who was doing drugs or whacked out in any way.

JMO
To me, her text reads like someone being driven to a crack house and starting to get nervous, which appears to be exactly what happened.

Would a suspect who has raped and buried a dead woman be described as non chalantly imo, as this suspect has, as not being considered armed or dangerous? Rape would be considered trauma and a rapist at large dangerous, especially in regards to this case, a dead body found in makeshift grave.

LE has not completely cleared anyone remotely connected to this case, which imo, makes room for suspicion. LE is usually matter of fact, and if pressured by attorneys to release info clearing certain people, who are without a doubt, innocent, they would have done so at this press conference, imho. LE is not sadistic, to keep the worried in suspense for the heck of it. Or fun of it, especially while being pressured by high powered figures, an opinion.

Are we sure she really ditched her friend ....no witnesses to ditching her friend ,just what said friend stated.
From the article -- it appears they were in contact and not PH left me at the bar never to be heard from until witness saw the midnight text.

She [PH] had sent multiple messages to her co-worker, the last one reading, “Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” That text was sent at 12:15 a.m. Dec. 21 but not seen by her coworker until nearly two hours later.

Would a suspect who has raped and buried a dead woman be described non chalantly imo, as this suspect has, as not being considered armed or dangerous? Rape would be considered trauma and a rapist at large dangerous, especially in regards to this case, a dead body found in makeshift grave.

LE has not completely cleared anyone remotely connected to this case, which imo, makes room for suspicion. LE is usually matter of fact, and if pressured by attorneys to release info clearing certain people, who are without a doubt, innocent, they would have done so at this press conference, imho. LE is not sadistic, to keep the worried in suspense for the heck of it. Or fun of it, especially while being pressured by high powered figures, only my opinion, of course. Wierder things have happened.

Would a suspect who has raped and buried a dead woman be described as non chalantly imo, as this suspect has, as not being considered armed or dangerous? Rape would be considered trauma and a rapist at large dangerous, especially in regards to this case, a dead body found in makeshift grave.

LE has not completely cleared anyone remotely connected to this case, which imo, makes room for suspicion. LE is usually matter of fact, and if pressured by attorneys to release info clearing certain people, who are without a doubt, innocent, they would have done so at this press conference, imho. LE is not sadistic, to keep the worried in suspense for the heck of it. Or fun of it, especially while being pressured by high powered figures, an opinion.
LE has the autopsy results. If they had evidence of force or rape, they'd have charged him with something more and also have listed him as a dangerous fugitive. I think we need to take them at their word right now that all they have is he buried the corpse. LE is awaiting toxicology to confirm suspicions like the rest of us, I think. They also apparently have an informant of some sort (person who told them where the body was).

Huh? There's nothing in the presser or media indicating that PH was raped -- not by the suspect at large. He's also not being pursued for rape.

LE has the autopsy results. If they had evidence of force or rape, they'd have charged him with something more and also have listed him as a dangerous fugitive. I think we need to take them at their word right now that all they have is he buried the corpse. LE is awaiting toxicology to confirm suspicions like the rest of us, I think. They also apparently have an informant of some sort (person who told them where the body was).
I agree. And Crimestoppers is being credited as major contributor to this investigation.

LE says "What we know is no physical trauma to the body of the victim would have led to her death."
It does not mean that there was no physical trauma.

Assuming it was OD on her own:
I am still trying to understand it, her family has maintained that she was clean, so did she just decide that day to use again or was she using before and they just did not know.

What situation led her to leave with two men or at least this individual, willingly ? I don't see her hooking up with this guy, not that it is not possible. So drugs?

According to the " Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” So her hinky meter was going off but she did not think she was in grave danger cause the text would have been different.

So complicated.

From the article -- it appears they were in contact and not PH left me at the bar never to be heard from until witness saw the midnight text.

She [PH] had sent multiple messages to her co-worker, the last one reading, “Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” That text was sent at 12:15 a.m. Dec. 21 but not seen by her coworker until nearly two hours later.
Around 2:15 am?

There may be evidence of force or rape. May not know who was involved. There may have been a rape but it would have to be provable. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes