AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hypothetically speaking, what would you all think if FH clipped Paighton's fingernails right back before he buried her? Would some sort of information like that alter your opinion that this was a simple overdose?

My second question, if FH sexually violated her while wearing a condom, would there be any evidence of an assault after two weeks in the ground?
My opinion may only be altered after FH makes his appearance in court and I hear the charge(s) against him. Until then I think there is much more to this story.

It’s not a conspiracy. I don’t get why people keep thinking it is. There’s been people who’ve overdosed and their bodies have been dumped and the responses have been “yep overdose, they were addicts, they relapsed” but in this case it’s been “conspiracy this, conspiracy that, a pretty girl dedicated to her sobriety wouldn’t relapse and OD” I think it’s messed up that people would rather think she suffered rape and a brutal murder than an OD. Honestly she knew what the risks were while using considering she was in the hospital due to drugs. It’s a sad situation but let’s not forget the reality of drug use. Death is the risk you willingly take. ALL IMO JMO SPECULATION ETC

It’s not a conspiracy. I don’t get why people keep thinking it is. There’s been people who’ve overdosed and their bodies have been dumped and the responses have been “yep overdose, they were addicts, they relapsed” but in this case it’s been “conspiracy this, conspiracy that, a pretty girl dedicated to her sobriety wouldn’t relapse and OD” I think it’s messed up that people would rather think she suffered rape and a brutal murder than an OD. Honestly she knew what the risks were while using considering she was in the hospital due to drugs. It’s a sad situation but let’s not forget the reality of drug use. Death is the risk you willingly take. ALL IMO JMO SPECULATION ETC
I don't know about a murder but a think the possibility of sexual assault is strong. If there were 3 sexual predators with her I'm pretty sure what they had in mind. jmo

YES!!! Thank-You!!!

“IDK (I don’t know) who (I’m) with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble,”
Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; burial suspect nabbed in Ohio
I happen to be listening to Paighton herself. Her last words were she felt in trouble because of who she was with. Her last words don’t to me sound at all like someone who left a bar to go score drugs then suddenly decided she was scared of the very drugs she left to go score. It doesn’t make sense! She was an addict and i’m Sure had been around sketchy people before but this time she was growing fearful of them and she was right. She was in trouble in the company of these people of which at least one is a known rapist.
For the record I do not wish a sexual assault upon her or anyone. What I wish was that she was still alive to tell her side of the story.
Moo and all that

“IDK (I don’t know) who (I’m) with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble,”
Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; burial suspect nabbed in Ohio
I happen to be listening to Paighton herself. Her last words were she felt in trouble because of who she was with. Her last words don’t to me sound at all like someone who left a bar to go score drugs then suddenly decided she was scared of the very drugs she left to go score. It doesn’t make sense! She was an addict and i’m Sure had been around sketchy people before but this time she was growing fearful of them and she was right. She was in trouble in the company of these people of which at least one is a known rapist.
For the record I do not wish a sexual assault upon her or anyone. What I wish was that she was still alive to tell her side of the story.
Moo and all that
I'm thinking "I feel in trouble" meant that she felt something was off with the drugs (contained fentanyl, stronger than expected, weird combinations, ?). "IDK who I'm with. If I call please answer," meant that she didn't trust those people to take action to save her (call 911, etc.). MOO.

I'm thinking "I feel in trouble" meant that she felt something was off with the drugs (contained fentanyl, stronger than expected, weird combinations, ?). "IDK who I'm with. If I call please answer," meant that she didn't trust those people to take action to save her (call 911, etc.). MOO.

Yes, this is exactly what I been trying to say but you said it better, and a lot shorter than my novel messages lol

That would certainly explain the lack of a direct appeal to 911 or a specific request to contact her and why, if she was the one who sent the text, she was basically asking for someone to be on standby.

That would certainly explain the lack of a direct appeal to 911 or a specific request to contact her and why, if she was the one who sent the text, she was basically asking for someone to be on standby.

right, I’ve been in a situation like that in my early 20’s and I sent a text like that to my mom cuz my girlfriends left me at the bar, I was stressing cuz after they left it was just me and the group of people (strangers) that we met at the bar, and me being the only female left with those guys I felt kind of uneasy on top of having one too many shots so I wanted someone I trusted on stand by in case something were to happen. It was a scary situation.
Always have a buddy system and always leave with your buddy and not with a stranger.
PH should have left when her co workers did but you end up getting caught up in the moment and don’t always think clearly. :(

Yes, this is exactly what I been trying to say but you said it better, and a lot shorter than my novel messages lol

Now that the cause and manner of death have been released, I feel differently about the text message that PH sent to her younger co-worker than I did initially.

I really doubt that Dec 20 was the first time that PH went out for the evening with this group of friends --using her co-worker as her cover with her parents, best friend, etc.

While it was reported that there were numerous texts exchanged between PH and her co-worker, it was never disclosed what period of time investigators were referencing. Don't know if there were multiple texts exchanged on Friday night or if this was a historical reference. In my opinion, it was probably both. I believe that investigators discovered months of convos between PH and her co-worker that showed a pattern for PH that left investigators confident that PH left the TRB willingly with one or more men, and what she was up to.

Today, I think too much was read into the text message which I don't think was alarming to the co-worker because it was a familiar message. In my opinion --“Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble” text was more likely PH expressing how she was feeling physically under the influence, and not an expression of fear or PH feeling in danger of the company she was with.

I also believe that investigators were very sensitive to the situation of an adult woman with a history of illicit substance abuse and her parents and friends that were unaware that PH was probably casually using again. I also believe that the co-worker was brutally honest with investigators that PH was using but could not be honest with PH's parents in the event PH surfaced, a little worse for wear, but alive. This was very complicated!

While I'm heartfully sorry for PH's family, friends, and community that she lost her battle with drugs, I'm more confident that there's more truth to my change of heart than not.

MOO

You guys can guess all you want at what PH meant with that last text, however this is one case that simply just doesn't add up. When LE announced their conclusion, I accepted it. However, as I start hearing more details of things that happened, I really am starting to wonder.<modsnip: Please stop referring to social media comments that are off limits.>

So I'm still on the fence, and I really do hope LE take a very thorough look at this case. Its very easy to say that P left the bar with two strangers to score drugs, Od'ed and ended up in hole. Police NEVER looked for the second black man. Turns out the guy that buried her was a sex offender, did they ever indicate whether she had sex that night? Did they determine exactly how Paighton ingested those drugs? Did they check under her fingernails? What I'm getting at here is that whatever eyewitness testimony they have here is coming from some people of pretty questionable character, how can it be trusted to be accurate? In my many years of following cases, it has become quite evident that witnesses of sketch character will ALWAYs try and minimize their role in any given crime. We really know very little about the people she was out with, and we know absolutely nothing the guy that was supposedly with FH. Pretty easy to say that FH worked alone, but how do you verify that? I've still got more questions than answers, but I am fully aware that LE likely has evidence that we don't know about. Still, I'll remain on the fence until I hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the more I think about all of this, the more I just don't agree with dealers being charged with a crime other than distributing drugs.

Anyone who is banging heroin knows good and well that the next hit can kill them. I say this as someone who has done many, many drugs in my time. There were several nights that I laid in bed and prayed over and over "dear god, if you'll just let me wake up tomorrow, I swear I will never do this again". Of course, I would eventually give in to partying and do it again, knowing that there were real consequences out there. It was no one's fault but my own. I chose those things.

Having never done drugs I have a question. Why is the term "partying" used instead of getting high? And is there an implied meaning to the term?

This scenario would mean she knew she would OD that night. So In a perfect drug induced world, at what point then would she have called to be saved? While she was taking her next hit? While her breathing was slowing? Or while her heart was stopping? Or maybe right before she slipped into a Coma.

You guys can guess all you want at what PH meant with that last text, however this is one case that simply just doesn't add up. When LE announced their conclusion, I accepted it. However, as I start hearing more details of things that happened, I really am starting to wonder.<modsnip: Please stop referring to social media comments that are off limits.>

So I'm still on the fence, and I really do hope LE take a very thorough look at this case. Its very easy to say that P left the bar with two strangers to score drugs, Od'ed and ended up in hole. Police NEVER looked for the second black man. Turns out the guy that buried her was a sex offender, did they ever indicate whether she had sex that night? Did they determine exactly how Paighton ingested those drugs? Did they check under her fingernails? What I'm getting at here is that whatever eyewitness testimony they have here is coming from some people of pretty questionable character, how can it be trusted to be accurate? In my many years of following cases, it has become quite evident that witnesses of sketch character will ALWAYs try and minimize their role in any given crime. We really know very little about the people she was out with, and we know absolutely nothing the guy that was supposedly with FH. Pretty easy to say that FH worked alone, but how do you verify that? I've still got more questions than answers, but I am fully aware that LE likely has evidence that we don't know about. Still, I'll remain on the fence until I hear it.

BBM

We don't know if police looked for a second black man or not. They may have found him very quickly, just as they did FH, and so did not need to enlist the public's help in finding him. The second black man could be the person who provided the information that led to FH. We just don't know, because LE has been very quiet in the case. I don't think we should assume from this, though, that there was never a second black man.

Also, I am troubled by the comment that those with her that night were "of pretty questionable character," especially when, as you point out, we know very little about the people she was out with. We don't know all the details of what happened that night because, again, police have been very quiet in this case. Given that the were able to identify FH pretty quickly, it seems likely that those she was with that night provided good information to law enforcement from the outset in this case.

Finally, I would be cautious about taking everything Paighton's mom, family, and good family friend say as gospel. LE has ruled this an accidental overdose, and presumably had good reason to draw that conclusion. The family clearly doesn't want to accept that. I feel for them, but also think they likely weren't as aware of everything going on in Paighton's life as they thought they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paighton Houston's Cause Of Death Revealed

JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL — Two significant turns have occurred over the last 24 hours in the case of 27-year-old Paighton Houston's death. A suspect in the case, accused of burying Houston's body, was arrested in Ohio, and toxicology reports revealed that there will be no homicide charges in the case, as Houston was determined to have died from an accidental drug overdose involving morphine and methamphetamine.

The Jefferson County Coroner's office released its report stating that Houston's death was accidental, which means that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case. Hampton is charged with abuse of a corpse.

Law enforcement officials have not commented on where the investigation goes from here, now that homicide has been ruled out. Houston was last seen Dec. 20 when she was reportedly out with co-workers.

Last edited:
Having never done drugs I have a question. Why is the term "partying" used instead of getting high? And is there an implied meaning to the term?
It can mean more than just "getting high" but it normally doesn't unless it's being made obvious that something else is being included. As for why it's used instead of "getting high", it's just a matter of preference. That's the way it is here, anyway. It's possible it means something different in other places.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back