AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. This could shed a different light on things.
I wish LE or media would name the others at the McLain St.
Considering this and the recent information about the rape kit, maybe LE is building a circumstantial evidence case for additional charges against FH and/or others. Wishing.

You can find 2 of the occupants on the RSO list for Jeff. co.

with all due respect, I never at all said she was to blame. I was saying the grieving process is a b**** and that I feel for what the mom is going thru as the grieving process sucks.
I feel like you keep saying people are blaming and not fully understanding what is being posted? Maybe I’m interpreting wrong? I guess I’m confused?
Nope. No confusion on your part -- your opinion posts are clearly stated. :)

I understand where you are coming from. I don’t have SM so tbh I don’t know what all CH says, but I do feel awful for her, I’ve stated before that I thought she was one hell of a strong woman, and I still do, but when I was talking about the grief process I wasn’t meaning that she was delusional etc I was just trying to say that it’s such a difficult process no matter how you grieve. It’s an awful feeling, and I do hope she gets whatever answers she’s looking for. I didn’t mean to offend anyone at all, it could be my wording as I am not the best at wording things.

These are lovely words and thoughts, so utterly genuine and heartfelt. I feel your own grief, and past of grieving, in this post.

“IDK (I don’t know) who (I’m) with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble,”
Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; burial suspect nabbed in Ohio
I happen to be listening to Paighton herself. Her last words were she felt in trouble because of who she was with. Her last words don’t to me sound at all like someone who left a bar to go score drugs then suddenly decided she was scared of the very drugs she left to go score. It doesn’t make sense! She was an addict and i’m Sure had been around sketchy people before but this time she was growing fearful of them and she was right. She was in trouble in the company of these people of which at least one is a known rapist.
For the record I do not wish a sexual assault upon her or anyone. What I wish was that she was still alive to tell her side of the story.
Moo and all that
Highlighted the important part.

Actually, it kinda does. If she were afraid that she was about to be raped and/or murdered, I have to assume she would have made a more urgent message. Her text sounds strangely passive for someone who feels like she's in that much danger. I think it's quite easy to explain it as she was doing drugs and was beginning to feel that something was going wrong, but she wasn't completely sure yet.

And her last words don't necessarily imply that the people she was with were scaring her because she thought they might harm her. In fact, parsing the words carefully, there's no direct connection between the people she's with and her feeling in trouble. You're reading in a meaning that isn't actually there. We don't actually know why she felt in trouble.

As a person who has never taken any drugs I have no experience about the strong draw they have. I rely on you guys that know way more than I. What I can't wrap my head around is why she would leave with 2 strangers with no way to get back home. Did she not care? If you gave me that scenario, I knew it would end badly. Your going to take some drugs which will place you at the mercy of strangers. Maybe I'll never understand.

Many fun and profound experiences can happen impulsively, or with strangers. Many people (like to think) they have a good gut instinct.. I think this gets weighed differently in every situation, but most definitely hindered when one has an addiction or is in recovery... add on top of it a couple drinks and risk awareness goes out the window!
From my own past experience.. fwiw!

“IDK (I don’t know) who (I’m) with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble,”
Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; burial suspect nabbed in Ohio I happen to be listening to Paighton herself. Her last words were she felt in trouble because of who she was with. Her last words don’t to me sound at all like someone who left a bar to go score drugs then suddenly decided she was scared of the very drugs she left to go score. It doesn’t make sense! She was an addict and i’m Sure had been around sketchy people before but this time she was growing fearful of them and she was right. She was in trouble in the company of these people of which at least one is a known rapist.
For the record I do not wish a sexual assault upon her or anyone. What I wish was that she was still alive to tell her side of the story.
Moo and all that
bbm. I completely agree, for the following reasons:

When high on morphine one isn't typically fearful. Yet, she was worried about her own safety - but not, it appears, about the drugs at that point.

We don't know if she INTENTIONALLY used the time that caused the OD - because there really isn't a way to differentiate accidental self-inflicted OD vs other-inflicted OD (hence all the rumors about music stars' - like Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix - deaths).

Her first comment was about whom she was with. That was the most important (hence first) point - and really, all that entire text was about.

You don't "feel in trouble" if you OD. There are other ways users would describe it, and it would be THE FIRST thing they'd say, not about whom they were with.

If she were afraid about the drugs or felt she was OD'ing she would just call someone, not even bother to text. She had OD'd before and she knew she would not have time to mess around with texting - saying "if I call..."

The text was more private than a call, less immediate than a call. She was clearly worried - unsure of whom she was with - to the point she didn't even know if she should make a call yet.

She knew those drugs far better than she knew those people, and it was the people she felt "in trouble" about.

IM strong O

Last edited:
Many fun and profound experiences can happen impulsively, or with strangers. Many people (like to think) they have a good gut instinct.. I think this gets weighed differently in every situation, but most definitely hindered when one has an addiction or is in recovery... add on top of it a couple drinks and risk awareness goes out the window!
From my own past experience.. fwiw!

Seriously I'm in the dark. What kind of fun & profound experiences can happen & would they be anticipated when one takes the risk?

bbm. I completely agree, for the following reasons:

When high on morphine one isn't typically fearful. Yet, she was worried about her own safety - but not, it appears, about the drugs at that point.

We don't know if she INTENTIONALLY used the time that caused the OD - because there really isn't a way to differentiate accidental self-inflicted OD vs other-inflicted OD (hence all the rumors about music stars' - like Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix - deaths).

Her first comment was about whom she was with. That was the most important (hence first) point - and really, all that entire text was about.

You don't "feel in trouble" if you OD. There are other ways users would describe it, and it would be THE FIRST thing they'd say, not about whom they were with.

If she were afraid about the drugs or felt she was OD'ing she would just call someone, not even bother to text. She had OD'd before and she knew she would not have time to mess around with texting - saying "if I call..."

The text was more private than a call, less immediate than a call. She was clearly worried - unsure of whom she was with - to the point she didn't even know if she should make a call yet.

She knew those drugs far better than she knew those people, and it was the people she felt "in trouble" about.

IM strong O
I couldn't agree more with ALL of this! If PH did send this text herself (and I'm not 100% convinced one way or the other at this point), it impacts my logical thought process immensely. There's SO much more to this story that we have yet to learn.

I agree. And a negative result doesn't clear him. Is testing for DNA part of the process? Checking for multiple perps?
I wonder why the late decision to do this.
BBM
Just asked several forensic scientists how it is decided to do DNA testing in death investigations. The overall consensus is that in a situation like PH's (sudden death, high risk circumstances), then automatic protocol is to test for DNA. Not just internal sampling but will also look for external DNA. These scientists are in the United States, so protocol might vary with country. I'm sure most of us assumed it to be automatic, but thought I would pass this confirmation along to you.

BBM
Just asked several forensic scientists how it is decided to do DNA testing in death investigations. The overall consensus is that in a situation like PH's (sudden death, high risk circumstances), then automatic protocol is to test for DNA. Not just internal sampling but will also look for external DNA. These scientists are in the United States, so protocol might vary with country. I'm sure most of us assumed it to be automatic, but thought I would pass this confirmation along to you.
Thank you!

which means that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case

Interesting, it mentions FH, might be the one who ends up with heaviest charge in a case, which may have others brought up on charges, as well. Most severe compared to whom's charges?

I read that to mean the abuse of corpse will be the most severe of the charges we will see, not that other people will be charged. Moo

Yes, I agree. The comparison invoked by the writers' language is a comparison of charges. Like a debate whether or not to charge someone with grand theft or petty larceny.

The comparison is not "the charges levied against one defendant vs. another defendant yet to be named"; because the article makes no mention of any other defendants/accused other than FH.

Does anyone know when FH will be due in court? Is he in jail till the next court hearing?
Snipped

• An agent of the executive of the state demanding extradition must appear to receive the prisoner, which must occur within 30 days from time of arrest, or the prisoner may be released. Some states allow longer waiting periods, of up to 90 days.
Extradition law in the United States - Wikipedia
Well he’s still sitting in Ohio and can be held there up to 90 days...

Seriously I'm in the dark. What kind of fun & profound experiences can happen & would they be anticipated when one takes the risk?
Some of the most memorable nights of my life, thats what can happen.

Then I'll rephrase. What kind of fun, profound & MEMORABLE experiences.

I mean, most of the time, nothing bad happens. You make new friends, laugh your butt off, etc etc. Strangers aren't always bad people, obviously, and sometimes trusting the goodness of strangers can lead to lifelong connections. When it comes to (most) drugs, the euphoria makes it much easier to trust that strangers have good intent. You feel good, and expect good things to happen. Unfortunately, Paighton had a gut instinct that night that she did not trust - hence the text but still going with these men anyway. Addiction is a lifelong battle. Even in recovery, every day can be a mountain to climb, and I've heard it is incredibly hard to say no to drugs in recovery. Takes a lot of willpower. Relapse is an unfortunate part of recovery for most addicts. And, if drugs weren't fun, people wouldn't be wanting to try them in the first place lol. They lead to different experiences outside of the norm. I guess that's what a few posters on here are trying to say.

I mean, most of the time, nothing bad happens. You make new friends, laugh your butt off, etc etc. Strangers aren't always bad people, obviously, and sometimes trusting the goodness of strangers can lead to lifelong connections. When it comes to (most) drugs, the euphoria makes it much easier to trust that strangers have good intent. You feel good, and expect good things to happen. Unfortunately, Paighton had a gut instinct that night that she did not trust - hence the text but still going with these men anyway. Addiction is a lifelong battle. Even in recovery, every day can be a mountain to climb, and I've heard it is incredibly hard to say no to drugs in recovery. Takes a lot of willpower. Relapse is an unfortunate part of recovery for most addicts. And, if drugs weren't fun, people wouldn't be wanting to try them in the first place lol. They lead to different experiences outside of the norm. I guess that's what a few posters on here are trying to say.

Wouldn't a woman know ahead of time what 2 strangers (men) wanted with her & she would be in no position to resist. I'm not trying to blame the victim. I just down understand the risk/reward odds.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachael529
Back