Found Deceased AL - Ronald Humbers, adult, veteran, Carbon Hill, Walker County, 3 Jan 2019 *mental illness*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Carbon Hill PD

Investigators in Walker County are still looking for a missing veteran, who hasn't been heard from in a month.

ABC 33/40 was the only station in Carbon Hill as search crews used a cadaver dog to look for Ron Humbers.

The police chief says it's given people in the area an uneasy feeling ever when he first learned Humbers was missing.

No one in Carbon Hill has seen or talked to Humbers since his neighbor Jerry Tackett, who lives right across the street, did on January 3rd.

Tackett is the same neighbor who told ABC 33/40 the reason for the concern is that Humbers suffers from a mental illness and is without his medication.

“I’m afraid they won’t find him. I am afraid the man is dead. He’s never done this before in 3 years. ” Tackett says.

ABC 33/40 cameras captured a search crew, lead by a cadaver dog, comb through nearly 20 acres of property behind his home.

Crews also used a drone to get a new perspective on the area they were searching.

upload_2019-2-10_22-6-27.pngupload_2019-2-10_22-6-11.jpeg

EXCLUSIVE: Search for missing Walker County man with mental illness

Carbon Hill PD

Actively searching for Ron now...

there is a search going on in walker county for a veteran last seen in january. over the weekend, search crews used cadaver dogs to look for ron humbers. investigators in walker county are still looking for a missing veteran, who hasn't been heard from in a month. his neighbor last saw humbers on january third...and worries the man has mental problems. "i'm afraid they won't find him. i am afraid the man is dead." "he's never done this before in 3 years." he was a good guy. he liked to go for walks. but he could get so disoriented that he didn't know who he was. i've seen him like that if you have any information that could help in the search for ron humbers, call the carbon hill police department.

Search for missing veteran

Actively searching for Ron now...

there is a search going on in walker county for a veteran last seen in january. over the weekend, search crews used cadaver dogs to look for ron humbers. investigators in walker county are still looking for a missing veteran, who hasn't been heard from in a month. his neighbor last saw humbers on january third...and worries the man has mental problems. "i'm afraid they won't find him. i am afraid the man is dead." "he's never done this before in 3 years." he was a good guy. he liked to go for walks. but he could get so disoriented that he didn't know who he was. i've seen him like that if you have any information that could help in the search for ron humbers, call the carbon hill police department.

Search for missing veteran

Oh, this is so sad! This is purely jmo, but we don’t do enough to help our Veterans. That is a separate issue, though, as he supposedly wasn’t taking his medication. He could be anywhere. He could be homeless, not knowing who he is or where he is. I’m really hoping nothing nefarious happened to him. Or accidental. I pray he’s found safe soon. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back