AL AL - Sand Creek Community, Fem UP107092, Pre 50, pelvis defect, gold belt ring written ''OERIDGE'', Apr'76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
Unidentified Person/NamUs #UP107092
Female, Uncertain
Date Body Found: April 9, 1976
Location Found: Sand Creek Community, Alabama
Estimated Age Range
--
Estimated Age Group : Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height: 4' 9"-5' 4"(57-64 inches) , Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Other distinctive physical characteristic: The pelvis displays incomplete fusion of the laminae of the first sacral vertebrae to those of the second sacral vertebrae. This anomaly might be visible in x-rays of the pelvic region.

Clothing and Accessories

Item
Description
Clothing
-Remains of two gloves -Soles of two shoes (both women's size 6)
On the Body

Jewelry
-One apparent size 6 1/4 white gold band ring with small diamond-like stone setting in a 6mm square mounting; ring found in left hand glove with markings inside band "901, 14K, MB." -One apparent size 5 yellow gold band ring with 12mm x 6mm oval shaped mounting with one small stone centered; markings inside band "OERIDGE." Ring found in left hand glove. -One yellow gold apparent women's watch. The following letters are noted in discord under the face glass "RAETL." On the back side of the watch face is found "la, BASE METAL BEXEL, STEEL BACK.". On the back side of one link in the watchband is noted "CROWN USA 1/20 10K TOPS."

Circumstances of Recovery: Human skeletal remains discovered near Sand Creek Community in Cherokee County Alabama on April 9, 1976. No other specific details of recovery known at this time.

On her Charley Project page it says her family searched along Highway 431 for her, and according to newspaper article the remains were found by Lookout Mountain which is almost a direct line up 431 from Wedowee where she went missing. Also of note, in the newspaper articles it mentions a hole in the skull, and on her CP page it says there was a gun found in the car. And the pelvis defect could be that June had previously cracked her tailbone. I submitted to someone at Doe Network.

Last edited:
Good call.

Just the unfused lamimae of the sacral vertebrae are a congenital deformity (that has no ramifications and goes unnoticed) and not anything caused by trauma.
However, the condition could certainly aggravate a traumatic injury.

I also contacted the sheriff's office directly about this match - you'd hope that they've made the connection
It seems crazy to me that the remains were found not all that long from when June went missing but no one made the connection?? I assume it was because she was from New York. Hopefully it's her and her family will have closure after 50 years!

It seems crazy to me that the remains were found not all that long from when June went missing but no one made the connection?? I assume it was because she was from New York. Hopefully it's her and her family will have closure after 50 years!
Yeah, the NAMUS contact for her page is her hometown and not where she actually disappeared from. How frustrating.

Jewelry
-One apparent size 6 1/4 white gold band ring with small diamond-like stone setting in a 6mm square mounting; ring found in left hand glove with markings inside band "901, 14K, MB." -One apparent size 5 yellow gold band ring with 12mm x 6mm oval shaped mounting with one small stone centered; markings inside band "OERIDGE." Ring found in left hand glove. -One yellow gold apparent women's watch. The following letters are noted in discord under the face glass "RAETL." On the back side of the watch face is found "la, BASE METAL BEXEL, STEEL BACK.". On the back side of one link in the watchband is noted "CROWN USA 1/20 10K TOPS."
RSBM
BEXEL should be BEZEL. The "steel back" was almost certainly stainless steel, typical of wristwatches of the period.

This Jane Doe is currently the oldest Doe of either gender for Alabama on NamUs.

Her profile was modified July 25, 2024. It is good to know she is still being "looked after" in some way. It is a bit odd the case is this old but there are still no images of the personal effects found with her. Zero public rule-outs.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back