AL AL - Tuskegee, WhtMale, 20-25, UP93230, flair-bottom blue jeans, Jan '77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

rcoope23

Reaction score
Hi there, please move to the appropriate place if there already is a thread about this man.

Unidentified White Male

Discovered on January 14, 1977 in Macon County, Alabama.
Estimated Date of Death: 16 months prior to discovery
Cause of death is unknown due to skeletal remains.
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20 - 25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9 - 6'0"; 135 - 155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair; 3 - 4 inches in length.
Dentals: He had a partial upper denture and a prosthetic upper right lateral incisor tooth. Dental records are available.
Clothing: He was wearing blue jeans with pockets in the front only and with three brass-colored buttons on the front waistband which spelled out Faded Glory. He was also wearing a a grayish pullover sweater with a round collar and 3/4 length sleeves; blue socks; and brown Oxford-style shoes, size 8 1/2 - 9. His shoes had visible splatters of paint on them. His pockets had no belongings.
Case History
The victim was located near I-85 on Wire Road in Macon County, AL. He was found sitting under a tree about 103 feet from the roadway. Police believe the man may have died from a snake bite or had a heart attack while sitting under the tree. There was no blood on his clothes or markings on the bones to indicate foul play. Police believe that the man may have been waiting for a ride.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/24umal.html

I was thinking a possibility might be Kyle Clinkscales. He fits the stats and was also on the way to university in Alabama. Of course the current theory of what happened to him would have to be wrong.

Case File 797DMGA

Left: Clinkscales, circa 1976; Right: Progressed to age 56 (circa 2010)

Kyle Wade Clinkscales
Missing since January 27, 1976 from LaGrange, Troup County, Georgia.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 2, 1953
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Hazel eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars: Previous fracture to ring finger. He may have a mustache.
Clothing: Denim jacket (possibly suede), multicolored blue shirt white tie and denim pants.
Vehicle: 2-door, white 1974 Pinto Runabout with GA License number CEF-717.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Clinkscales was last seen at the "Moose Club" in LaGrange, GA, where he worked as a bartender. He left the club to return to Auburn University but never arrived.
His vehicle is also missing and is described as a 2-door, white 1974 Pinto Runabout with GA License number CEF-717.
On April 13, 2005, a LaGrange, Georgia man was charged in connection with the disappearance of Kyle Clinkscales. A witness said that the suspect was at the property of an auto salvage owner who owned property nearby, and helped him move Clinkscales' body. The suspect confessed to helping move the body, but didn't confess to killing the Clinkscales.
Investigators think the suspects might have buried a 55-gallon drum with Clinkscales inside. Investigators also dug on the suspect's property in 1996, but found nothing.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/797dmga.html

Link for the UID?

There is no link for the UID so hard to determine if a thread already exists.

tia

Rcoope23, I inserted the links in your post.

The sketches look familiar. I think he's been mentioned in other cases. But a search didn't show an existing thread, so we can keep this one.

24UMAL.jpg
24UMAL1.jpg
24UMAL2.jpg

Doe Case File 24UMAL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/24umal.html

Thanks Bessie. I have really crappy net at the moment so my net kept on cutting out and logging me out before I could add the links. He seems to be a fairly handsome man. Surely someone is missing him.

He isn't in NamUs. The area where he was found looks like it is roughly halfway between Tuskegee and Auburn. http://binged.it/1JqCPmL There's a truck stop at the Wire Road exit (Exit 42) now http://torch85autotruckplaza.com/ yet I don't know what was there in 1977. I wonder how the coroner determined that his death was accidental that happened at the scene and not something like an overdose and his "friends" dumped the body rather than summon medical help?

It would be unusual, I would think, for a man this young to have a heart attack. Snake bite maybe but would he have been sitting peacefully up against a tree after a snake bite?

He may have been a transient, traveling through the area doing work. I'm thinking of the paint splatters on his shoes. He could have been hitching rides from place to place.

He was also quite young to have that many false teeth so I'm thinking he didn't have much dental care in his younger days, maybe due to parental neglect/poverty or even drug use. I suppose the length of time he was deceased affected the inability to determine cause of death like from alcohol or drug poisoning.

according to Charlie, Paul Egan had his jaw broke previously. Might be how this UID had false teeth, so looks good. You should submit.

24UMAL - Unidentified Male
9E2B7EC6-8D32-4D84-828A-97E1ECEAC289.jpeg2B3AC1A8-B615-479D-802B-1A9DEA6DEC24.jpeg4C5F2EE9-C50F-49E8-8CDC-3CA245F75C10.jpeg
Reconstruction of the decedent.

Date of Discovery: January 14, 1977
Location of Discovery: Tuskegee, Macon County, Alabama
Estimated Date of Death: 16 months prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Possibly natural or accidental

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20 - 25 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9" to 6'0"
Weight: 135 to 155 pounds
Hair: Dark brown, 3-4 inches in length
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Partial upper denture and a prosthetic upper right lateral incisor tooth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Faded Glory blue jeans with pockets in the front only and three brass-colored buttons on the front waistband which spelled out "Faded Glory," grayish pullover sweater with a round collar and 3/4 length sleeves, blue socks, and brown Oxford-style shoes (size 8 1/2 to 9). His shoes had visible splatters of paint on them.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's skeletal remains were located near I-85 on Wire Road. He was found sitting under a tree about 103 feet from the roadway. Police believe the man may have been waiting for a ride and may have died from a snake bite or had a heart attack while sitting under the tree. There was no blood on his clothes or markings on the bones to indicate foul play.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 334-242-3093
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U510945540
NamUs Case Number: Not listed

Information Source(s)
Opelika-Auburn News Archive (January 20, 1977)
Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2005; Last Updated: 7/16/18

I didn't submit. Egan had also a recent fractured leg. That would have been
noticeable in John Doe skeleton remains. But his looks and other stats sure resemble this UID. I wonder if there is any source where we can find rule-outs as he isn't in Namus as far a I know.
I still think Egan is a good possibility! This UID is not on his ruleout list and there are too many more similarities than there are discrepancies. IMO. The remains were skeletal, so could be that a bone or two was carried off by animals or whatnot.

In one photo of Egan, you can see the damage to his jaw. Both men have very similar bone structures though! IMO I’m not sure how evident the jaw and leg fractures would be on these bones...o_O I say it’s worth submitting!

ETA: another side by side (if you can call them that lol)

Attachments

• 8945E6A7-23E7-4690-ADB6-E41AF442C64D.jpeg
    8945E6A7-23E7-4690-ADB6-E41AF442C64D.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 09891D36-9B56-4CBC-8591-D99B398EB63A.jpeg
    09891D36-9B56-4CBC-8591-D99B398EB63A.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
  • F149489E-3CBE-4AED-B255-EFDC8B864363.jpeg
    F149489E-3CBE-4AED-B255-EFDC8B864363.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I still think Egan is a good possibility! This UID is not on his ruleout list and there are too many more similarities than there are discrepancies. IMO. The remains were skeletal, so could be that a bone or two was carried off by animals or whatnot.

In one photo of Egan, you can see the damage to his jaw. Both men have very similar bone structures though! IMO I’m not sure how evident the jaw and leg fractures would be on these bones...o_O I say it’s worth submitting!

ETA: another side by side (if you can call them that lol)

Yup, facial traits are the same IMO. It's just that I don't want to go through the motions submitting this to Doe Network. I tend to submit to Namus and/or LE or coroner contacts and I do it very rarely. Maybe even to little, if there's any doubt in my mind. If you want to submit, be my guest.

I have a possible match. A man named Ricky Dale Olsen was serving ten years in Palatka Road prison and escaped in 4 Jul. 1975.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Comparison:
  • Height: 5'11'' to 6'0'' compared to 5'9" to 6'0" (in range)
  • Estimated weight: 150 - 160 lbs compared to 135 to 155 pounds (overlap)
  • Hair color: Dark brown compared to brown
  • Time between disappearance (July 1975) and estimated death (Sep. 1975) is two months.
  • Distance between place of disappearance (Palatka FL) to place of discovery (Tuskegee AL) is 350 miles (560km)

I have a possible match. A man named Ricky Dale Olsen was serving ten years in Palatka Road prison and escaped in 4 Jul. 1975.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Comparison:
  • Height: 5'11'' to 6'0'' compared to 5'9" to 6'0" (in range)
  • Estimated weight: 150 - 160 lbs compared to 135 to 155 pounds (overlap)
  • Hair color: Dark brown compared to brown
  • Time between disappearance (July 1975) and estimated death (Sep. 1975) is two months.
  • Distance between place of disappearance (Palatka FL) to place of discovery (Tuskegee AL) is 350 miles (560km)

Welcome @omar35880 Interesting to see it took LE only 40 years to put this fugitive in Namus (file made 2015). I tried to find a little bit more info on him, but couldn't find more info (yet) You would think he must be somewhere on file as a fugitive/mugshot or some media releases about his escape. But so far nothing. John Doe had a partial upper denture and a prosthetic upper right lateral incisor tooth. I'm curious if Ricky had that too.

Can someone request his case be put into namus. A lot of the alabama does are not in namus.

NAMUS:

---

Sex - Male
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group - Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years) - 20-25
Estimated Year of Death - 1976-1977
Height - 5' 9"-6' 0"(69-72 inches) , Estimated
Weight - 135-155 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color - Brown
Other distinctive physical characteristic - The shoes found with the remains indicate an unusual gait. The left heel is worn on the lateral aspect and the right heel is also worn but to a lesser degree.
Clothing
1. Faded, flair-bottom blue jeans, size 32-32. Three brass-colored buttons on the front waistband bearing the inscription "Faded Glory". Pockets were empty. No belt. 2. Polyester, off-white, cotton long-sleeve collarless pullover shirt. Three buttons located on the front neck and a front pocket on each side. The label on the back of the shirt reads "Circus Maximus" and "M". 3. Dark-brown oxford style casual shoes that appear to be size 8 1/2 to 9. The top of the shoes are covered in what appears to be paint. The soles are crepe and read "Biltrite Nuron Crepe". 4. Royal blue stretch socks.
Date Body Found - January 14, 1977
NamUs Case Created - July 11, 2022
Location - Tuskegee, Alabama 36083
County - Macon County
Found On Tribal Land - Unknown
Circumstances of Recovery - On January 14, 1977, approximately 103 feet from the center line on the west side of Wire Road in Tuskegee, Alabama, a partially clothed skeleton was found in a wooden area. The skeletal remains were found approximately 1/2 mile from the Macon-Lee County line. All major bones were present with the exception of a few carpal and tarsal bones.

---

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back