Alec Baldwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i understand about there being a wide range of reactions from listeners outside the family, but my question was about your, personal reaction to the facts, southcitymom! :)

Dont you think the threat of corporal punishment is at least possible? .... a beefy, foul-mouthed, 50-year-old father yelling angrily at a skinny 11-year-old about her "A$$"? .... and what he's planning to "fly out there for a day" to do to her "A$$"? .... and that she "better be ready" for it?! :eek: .... especially says he's gonna make sure she knows how angry he really is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwD4UGnJjc

th_ky-Ques.gif

You know, Seven - hearing that tape as I did - in limbo and out of the entire circumstance - I heard a frustrated angry father who went too far in admonishing his child and who ended up sounding like a child himself and further damaging an already damaged relationship with his child. I didn't hear threats. There's no part of me that was or is scared for Ireland's physical well-being. So that's my honest reaction.

Now, is the threat of corporeal punishment possible upon hearing that message? Sure, I guess it's possible - that's what some people heard, I think, but I just find it highly highly unlikely. I don't believe for one second that Alec Baldwin planned to get on a plane - fly to his daughter - spank her or beat her up or whatever and fly home. I just didn't hear that. I think he was actually trying to make a point and make her feel how furious he was.

You know, Seven - hearing that tape as I did - in limbo and out of the entire circumstance - I heard a frustrated angry father who went too far in admonishing his child and who ended up sounding like a child himself and further damaging an already damaged relationship with his child. I didn't hear threats. There's no part of me that was or is scared for Ireland's physical well-being. So that's my honest reaction.

Now, is the threat of corporeal punishment possible upon hearing that message? Sure, I guess it's possible - that's what some people heard, I think, but I just find it highly highly unlikely. I don't believe for one second that Alec Baldwin planned to get on a plane - fly to his daughter - spank her or beat her up or whatever and fly home. I just didn't hear that. I think he was actually trying to make a point and make her feel how furious he was.

Aside from parents who pimp out their children, I feel that Kim and Alec are the worst parents on the face of the earth. How dare they do this to their little girl. If she doesn't end up on heroin in a short amount of time, it will be a miracle. They're selfish, greedy pricks.

Aside from parents who pimp out their children, I feel that Kim and Alec are the worst parents on the face of the earth. How dare they do this to their little girl. If she doesn't end up on heroin in a short amount of time, it will be a miracle. They're selfish, greedy pricks.

As usual, Jeana, you say what I feel with more clarity and brevity!

He had to have known it was taped or recorded. He was leaving it on voicemail or an answering machine.
This is one of the things that makes me think this is standard operating procedure for Baldwin in communicating with his daughter, like he didn't give it a second thought.

Yet he portrays himself as the innocent victim of a Parental Alienation conspiracy by his es. If he really believed that, why on earth would he give her ammunition to use against him?

Basinger Calls Baldwin 'Unstable and Irrational'

"Everybody is always asking why this custody battle has been going on for so many years and now they have the answer," says the statement, released Monday. "The issue is not about Kim or the alleged alienation that Alec constantly refers to. It is about his ongoing aggressive behavior."

Full statement: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20036514,00.html

I loved this part. It's exactly what some of us have been thinking.

"Kim's sincerest wish is for him to finally address his unstable and irrational behavior so he, at some point, can potentially create a relationship with his daughter," says her rep's statement. "Until then, Kim will continue to protect and safeguard her child's well-being as any parent would."

Slightly O/T but I've always been curious....can someone explain to me what exactly TMZ is? Is it a money making operation?

i just went over to TMZ to try to find the article i saw that in .... found the article, couldnt find the statement .... as i was looking around the net, i found this bit about alec's lawyers ....

"In a declaration made by Baldwin's attorney Vicki J. Greene, she claims Kim Basinger or her "employees agents or attorneys" are the only possible sources of the leaked tape. As a result of these claims, the filing asks the court to determine whether there are grounds to hold Basinger in contempt of court. ... (snip) Additionally, Baldwin's filing asks for the court to order Kim Basinger, her attorney Neal Hersh, his associate Judy Bogen and TMZ head Harvey Levin to the hearing to testify regarding the leaked tape.

Levin and TMZ had no comment"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18234822/

That could simply be mudslinging on the part of Alec's lawyer.
For that matter Irleland coul have let a friend here it.

I saw Valerie Bertinali being interviewed last nite. She was married to Van Halen and I am not sure how many children they have but I LOVED what she said. She said " You have to love your children more than you hate your ex" I know that is sometimes very very hard but what a great attitude.:clap:

I saw Valerie Bertinali being interviewed last nite. She was married to Van Halen and I am not sure how many children they have but I LOVED what she said. She said " You have to love your children more than you hate your ex" I know that is sometimes very very hard but what a great attitude.:clap:
yes!!!! I have said that soooo many time. Alec and Kim hate the ex, more than they love their child.

Cheers to Valerie Bertinelli...what a contrast to what we see unfolding here.

Slightly O/T but I've always been curious....can someone explain to me what exactly TMZ is? Is it a money making operation?

TMZ is a website which publishes original, candid, up-to-the-minute video and photos (and lately voice mails) of stars. According to the site, here's where their name comes from:

'TMZ' stands for "Thirty Mile Zone," a term which originated in the 1960's. Due to the growth of 'on location' shoots, studios established a "thirty mile zone" to monitor the regulations of shooting throughout Hollywood. The zone was originally centered in Los Angeles around the old offices of The Association of Motion Pictures and Television Producers at Beverly and La Cienega Boulevards in California. It was often said that "Everything entertainment happens in the 'Thirty Mile Zone.'" So essentially, the "Thirty Mile Zone" represents the epicenter of Hollywood! Interesting, huh?!

TMZ is a website which publishes original, candid, up-to-the-minute video and photos (and lately voice mails) of stars. According to the site, here's where their name comes from:

'TMZ' stands for "Thirty Mile Zone," a term which originated in the 1960's. Due to the growth of 'on location' shoots, studios established a "thirty mile zone" to monitor the regulations of shooting throughout Hollywood. The zone was originally centered in Los Angeles around the old offices of The Association of Motion Pictures and Television Producers at Beverly and La Cienega Boulevards in California. It was often said that "Everything entertainment happens in the 'Thirty Mile Zone.'" So essentially, the "Thirty Mile Zone" represents the epicenter of Hollywood! Interesting, huh?!

That is interesting. Thank you very much!

Ohhh. Thank you! I didn't notice any.
Ol' Harvey Levin was originall y the Celebrity Justice guy. he would just be a regualr on our local news giving us the up to date info on Star trials!. I think he interviewed people outside of People's court too lol.
Then he became the big honcho at TMZ and I guarantee you they make big bucks.

From Seven's post

"Ireland knows whether it was a threat of physical violence or not, because she's lived through his tantrums before ...... and according to harvey levin, ireland, herself, gave him permission to publish the tape."

If this is true then IMO its obvious this child is tired of being bullied.

I think you're right about this. That message Alec left was about a lot more than his daughter just missing a planned phone call. I suspect he believes Ireland and her mother pay games with him - either separately or complicitly - with issues like this.

Yeah, Tybee, I think most parents have made these types of threats - especially to preteens/teens.

I think - as I mentioned in another post - that Alec was hooting and hollering not over one incident of a a phone not being answered, but rather by what he saw as a series of games his daughter plays with him with the phone.

It seems to go much deeper to me than a missed phone call. Not excusing him, but I think the crackpot message was over more than that.

I think that, if Ireland did indeed give permission for the tape to be aired, then that is evidence of just how far she and her mother are willing to push AB's buttons. Can you imagine a more manipulative thing to do than to deliberately make someone angry (someone you know will fly off the handle and say all kinds of things into your voicemail) and then release the tape?

It reminds me of when we were kids and my brother would tease me until I'd finally lash out at him and then he'd go tattle on me. I would get in trouble but he never would because I was older and should "know better." He knew exactly how to get his way and constantly picked fights with me. I knew to ignore him, but never could past a certain point. That's exactly what I think Kim is doing here, and she is teaching her daughter where the hotspots are. No, I don't excuse AB's tantrum, but I think Kim is an equally bad parent, if not worse for encouraging the friction.

I think that, if Ireland did indeed give permission for the tape to be aired, then that is evidence of just how far she and her mother are willing to push AB's buttons. Can you imagine a more manipulative thing to do than to deliberately make someone angry (someone you know will fly off the handle and say all kinds of things into your voicemail) and then release the tape?

It reminds me of when we were kids and my brother would tease me until I'd finally lash out at him and then he'd go tattle on me. I would get in trouble but he never would because I was older and should "know better." He knew exactly how to get his way and constantly picked fights with me. I knew to ignore him, but never could past a certain point. That's exactly what I think Kim is doing here, and she is teaching her daughter where the hotspots are. No, I don't excuse AB's tantrum, but I think Kim is an equally bad parent, if not worse for encouraging the friction.

I am on the same page. Kids know how to send their parents scurrying towards (or over) the edge and kids can be taught how to send a parent there.

Alec's phone call to Ireland didn't happen in a vaccuum - there are years of dysfuntion within the core family leading up to it.

Both parents behavior is deplorable, and I have already opined who the "worse" offender is in my book.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jkn1989
Back