Alec Baldwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, there has to be something going on here with both of these parents, 6 yr custody battle? That is crazy, I think those 2 feed off of each other without any interest in their child, even Kim has to be playing "something" here.. Ireland is going to be able to make her own custody decision pretty soon , then none of their battle is going to matter expect for the damage they have done to their own child.. Think the Baldwin's overall seem to have abusive behaviors if I remember right, but Kim cannot be innocent in this..

One more thought, I don't feel that a pre-teen would authorize a release of the message because kids that age are very concerned about what their peers say and think. Also, seems Kim would have to ok it due to her being a minor otherwise the organization publishing it could get in trouble, I think, maybe not.. Don't think Kim deserves any respect in this as she may be the culprut (sp?) behind everything all these years..

One more thought, I don't feel that a pre-teen would authorize a release of the message because kids that age are very concerned about what their peers say and think. Also, seems Kim would have to ok it due to her being a minor otherwise the organization publishing it could get in trouble, I think, maybe not.. Don't think Kim deserves any respect in this as she may be the culprut (sp?) behind everything all these years..

Unless Hollyweird is different, I would think that a minor needs an adult to sign off on decisions like these.

If not, I can see TMZ getting a truckload of recordings made by children of some famous people there! :D

Ol' Harvey Levin was originall y the Celebrity Justice guy. he would just be a regualr on our local news giving us the up to date info on Star trials!. I think he interviewed people outside of People's court too lol.
Then he became the big honcho at TMZ and I guarantee you they make big bucks.
Yeah - I got the impression that he isn't suffering any!

I think Alec needs to get his temper in check and I think Alec and Kim both need to just knock off all their crap now...They are just bitter towards each other so they will go to any extreme to hurt one another its kind of disgusting if you ask me. They need to agree on a custody arrangement and go their seperate ways what they are doing is way out of line now.

I won't get into where to lay blame because I'm not there first hand and know press can sensationalize a lot. But I will say, that if ANY parent I knew spoke that way to their child, I would turn them in to proper authorities and agencies for investigatioin. I don't care what an ex or their child may or may not have done, the specific language he used is not acceptable unless your child is a rapist or axe murderer. He can be mad if he's being jerked around by both females and he can say he's tired of it and wants to have a serious sit down, but the specific wording of his conversation would not be appropriate. Two wrongs don't make a right and I would have SERIOUS concerns and fears for a child who was spoken to in this manner no matter what she has or has not done.

I'm not saying you can't yell at them and be angry, but this is out of control anger - I'm more disturbed by this then Imus's remarks though I think he was very wrong as well. But this is a DAD violently/verbally ATTACKING HIS child.

I thought about this too and I think you are correct that Ireland would need parental consent to agree to having this conversation published for all the world to hear. A good parent would never have given that consent - for the child's sake.

Ireland wouldnt need consent to give the recording to TMZ. She would need a parent or guardian to represent her if she were selling it. A child cant enter in a contract for money. Ireland was the owner of the voice message. It was her phone, the messsage was directed to her and she could give it to anyone she wanted to.

I think Ireland is very familiar with the tabloids and paparazzi. They have been a part of her life since the day she came home from the hospital. She is a child of Hollywood, not some small town in the midwest.

Ireland wouldnt need consent to give the recording to TMZ. She would need a parent or guardian to represent her if she were selling it. A child cant enter in a contract for money. Ireland was the owner of the voice message. It was her phone, the messsage was directed to her and she could give it to anyone she wanted to.

I think Ireland is very familiar with the tabloids and paparazzi. They have been a part of her life since the day she came home from the hospital. She is a child of Hollywood, not some small town in the midwest.

This is a really good point. When I was visiting LA, my brother took me to a club to see a band he has worked with. The producer came in with his 2 daughters, the older of whom is in a band, and sat with us. The older daughter was dressed like a rock star (read: hooker), knew everyone in the club, told us all about her trips to Japan, NY, etc (with no parent or other adult with her), her agent, her live-in boyfriend, his band, and on and on.

The younger one spent the whole night texting friends, criticizing the band, the size of the crowd, the lighting, the sound quality, and the general un-famousness of the other people at the club.

They were both utterly bored with the scene, while I was wide-eyed as a yokel in NYC for the first time. Later I commented on how jaded they were, and my brother explained that they were the children of show-biz parents (not even remotely close to the level of Alec Baldwin or Kim Basinger). I asked their ages, assuming them to be in their late teens and early twenties.

Imagine my shock when I was told they were 12 and 17.

No doubt she is probably not your "typical" 11-year-old. I don't know anything about the laws concerning this type of disclosure and minors. I am hard-pressed to believe she would agree to have this published without at least telling her mom.

...I don't feel that a pre-teen would authorize a release of the message because kids that age are very concerned about what their peers say and think.
They are. But her peers and friends could just as likely be encouraging her to go public, especially if she has a long history of putting up with Baldwin's abuse and bullying. Her peers might be impressed by her release of the tape and see it as fighting back with the only power kids that age would have in a situation like this.

Larry King devoted an hour last nite to "Alec Baldwin's rant". Baldwin didn't appear or make a statement but Larry pulled up his interview with Baldwin from last year where he addressed his problems. His younger brother Billy was on but basically had no comment on the recording. He basically just said that he supports his brother.

CNN has not put up the transcript even though everything else is up from yesterday, which is strange to me. Anyways, I pulled up the 2006 interview - it's at the bottom of the page after Goldman.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/20/lkl.01.html

Larry King devoted an hour last nite to "Alec Baldwin's rant". Baldwin didn't appear or make a statement but Larry pulled up his interview with Baldwin from last year where he addressed his problems. His younger brother Billy was on but basically had no comment on the recording. He basically just said that he supports his brother.

CNN has not put up the transcript even though everything else is up from yesterday, which is strange to me. Anyways, I pulled up the 2006 interview - it's at the bottom of the page after Goldman.

Thanks, Jilly. That's great - I hadn't ever seen or read it. Lots of good insight into Baldwin's perspective about what Divorce Court has been like.

Very interesting reading...

BALDWIN: But when I thought that everything was really -- when I thought that -- I thought I was a good person and when I thought that everything I could bring to bear on the event wasn't going to make any difference, I thought, I don't want to live anymore, because it was all about -- and this is last thing I'll say about this, it was all about when you have a child involved, I mean, as a man, most men that I know that are good men, that are decent men, you're going to chew your way through a concrete wall to access your child. You want to be with a child.

KING: Absolutely.

BALDWIN: And that's all I wanted. I never asked for anything other than that. And that was made almost impossible for me. And I think arbitrarily.

KING: You mean you couldn't have joint custody?

BALDWIN: Well no, I mean, everything I had to do -- get, I had to fight for. No one ever turned to me and said "let's work this out." The answer to every request was, "No. No. No. No. No." So, it was just a fight for everything. That was exhausting.

KING: Now it's OK with the child?

BALDWIN: Everything is -- you know, I mean, I have what I have now. I have the orders that I have now.

BALDWIN: But when I thought that everything was really -- when I thought that -- I thought I was a good person and when I thought that everything I could bring to bear on the event wasn't going to make any difference, I thought, I don't want to live anymore, because it was all about -- and this is last thing I'll say about this, it was all about when you have a child involved, I mean, as a man, most men that I know that are good men, that are decent men, you're going to chew your way through a concrete wall to access your child. You want to be with a child.

BALDWIN: And that's all I wanted. I never asked for anything other than that. And that was made almost impossible for me. And I think arbitrarily.

BALDWIN: Well no, I mean, everything I had to do -- get, I had to fight for. No one ever turned to me and said "let's work this out." The answer to every request was, "No. No. No. No. No." So, it was just a fight for everything. That was exhausting.

BALDWIN: Everything is -- you know, I mean, I have what I have now. I have the orders that I have now.

That section really stuck out to me too. It's organic, I believe - even the worst parents in the world usually desire some sort of relationship with their child.

I think the divorce process can really confound people. Lawyers in high-profile divorce cases are usually out for blood at any cost. Men and children are the ones that usually get the shaft. I wholeheartedly believe that Baldwin has been victimized (in terms of parental alienation) at Kim and her lawyer's hands just as Kim was probably emotionally and spiritually victimized by Baldwin.

Kim uses divorce court and their child to take back her power. I've seen it happen before. Again - the child loses.

It sounds like the book Alec has written is not so much about his divorce from Kim, but rather his experience of the process and the harm it can do to fathers. My cousin actually thought about writing a similar book, but he's been too depressed since his divorce to do much of anything!

quick note: that was 5 months ago ... "Aired November 20, 2006"

quick note: that was 5 months ago ... "Aired November 20, 2006"

Yes: "you're going to chew your way through a concrete wall to access your child. You want to be with a child. "

why was that concrete wall in place? i'm honestly believing, rather than Basinger, Baldwin is at fault. thinking he has to treat his 11 year-old as a concrete wall.

That section really stuck out to me too. It's organic, I believe - even the worst parents in the world usually desire some sort of relationship with their child.

So my mother is unusual for 47 years? what can i say? i'm a grown up, i suppose.

Sorry, Floh, I didn't understand this part. Are you saying you don't have a relationship with your Mom?

None at all. she dumped me with her psychotic mother. i don't think Basinger psychotic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom
Back