All about Aliahna

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Obviously things like hair dye or style, in themselves, are not signs of parental abuse, and I doubt anyone would suggest that they were. In Aliahna's case we are essentially forced to consider these things, as the parent's behavior shows negligence at best, with more sinister possibilities as a very plausible option.

When my daughter was just an infant I took her with me to work to show her off. We went by the cafeteria where all my friends were eating lunch. I got hungry, I figured maybe she was hungry too, and I didn't have her bottle with me... so I fed her some french fries. She was totally fine -- seemed to enjoy them actually -- but I was definately NOT fine when my wife discovered what I had fed our baby for lunch.

I was negligent.

What these parent's did was not negligence. It was the equivalent of handing your baby a plugged in circular saw to play with... in the tub. Do that, and when the blood and sparks start flying, shrugging your shoulders and saying "Who knew?" doesn't cut it. There is negligence (doing something stupid out of ignorance or a lack of attention) and then there is deliberate conduct that a reasonable person would conclude is likely to cause serious injury or death. Which is what we are discussing in this case.

Handing a power saw to your daughter, or handing your daughter off to a strange man to keep in his home for a few days, in either case it is only reasonable to suspect the parent who did it. If something is predictable then it is reasonable to assume that it was predicted. Which is why we look and evaluate everything that we know. Sometimes hair dye is just a fashion statement, but hair dye on a murdered girl deserves our attention.

Chris Texas,
You wrote an excellent post. It blew me away actually. I hope LE is thinking like you are about Alihana and those around her. Thank you.

Handing a power saw to your daughter, or handing your daughter off to a strange man to keep in his home for a few days, in either case it is only reasonable to suspect the parent who did it. If something is predictable then it is reasonable to assume that it was predicted. Which is why we look and evaluate everything that we know. Sometimes hair dye is just a fashion statement, but hair dye on a murdered girl deserves our attention.

bbm
imoo

I also wanted to quote this from Chris's post.
There is negligence (doing something stupid out of ignorance or a lack of attention) and then there is deliberate conduct that a reasonable person would conclude is likely to cause serious injury or death. Which is what we are discussing in this case.
Deserves an Amen.

Can someone help me out here. I have never even heard of this case before .Where can or should i start finding the first threads .How this came about . The case background i guess im trying to get at..the beginning.

I am writing this from my iPhone, so forgive me for not quoting other posters/pictures for clarification.

I looked up Ali's birthday, and sure enough, it is April 2, so yes, the German shep picture was on her 8th birthday. I really do wonder if she was just given the puppy then.

I also have noticed the hair coloring, but I was kind of waiting to bring it up. Her hair even looks dyed to me in much younger pictures of her, and I agree it is definitely hinky...sadly, I think CP could be the reason in this case. Madeleine Mcann and Madison Jamison both also seemed to have dyed hair, and are both still "missing".

Can someone help me out here. I have never even heard of this case before .Where can or should i start finding the first threads .How this came about . The case background i guess im trying to get at..the beginning.

Hi CanManEh, I recommend starting with the first post of the first discussion here. WS members have followed this from the very beginning.
If you check out the media thread here there are news articles to use for reference also.

It is worthwhile reading, but fasten your seatbelt and grab a few barfbags.

I don't mean to protect the ones that harmed this beautiful child but I think the only time her hair was dyed was in the graduation pic and she may have wanted it to appear more ethnic,she may have wanted to look black,I remember my daughter had a presentation in elementary school and she chose to be Sabrina Williams and I braided her hair and sprayed it dark.All the other pictures she actually has the same hair color.Golden blonde where the sun hits it and dark underneath,just like my daughter

You are mostly in luck... in this case there are only five pages of threads, which you can probably scan very quickly. In a nutshell, to make your skimming easier:

Tuesday afternoon Dec 20th, after school: Aliahna, age nine, along with her two six year old sisters, went to stay with family friend Mike Plumadore. Mike, the former caretaker of Aliahna's recently deceased convicted pedophile grandfather, lived in the trailer next door in what is described by locals as Pedo-Park -- so called because something like fifteen of the twenty-four residents are registered sex offenders. This was the last time that Aliahna's mother claims she saw her alive.

Aliahna’s family have apparently offered two different reasons why the three girls were sent to stay with this man: one is that mom was sick with the flu, the other is that dad worked the night shift.

Wednesday Dec 21st: No one knows. Neither of Aliahna's parents walked over to check on the kids.

Thursday Dec 22nd: Again, no one checked on the kids. Mike Plumadore, in his eventual confession, claims that it was on this morning that he killed Aliahna by striking her with a brick outside the trailer.

Sometime Thursday evening, and into Friday morning, Mike was busy in his trailer, with the two six year olds still in attendance, hack-sawing Aliahna into pieces. He placed the head, hands, and feet in his freezer and bagged the rest in freezer bags.

Friday December 23. At about six or so, Mike went to the local C-Store where he disposed of Aliahna's freezer-bagged meaty pieces in the dumpster, purchased himself a nice cigar, and went home for some much needed shut eye. Aliahna's mom called at about ten that morning. Mike told her the girls were asleep.

At about 8:30 that same evening, Mom and Mike again compared notes (over the phone I believe) and discovered that Aliahna was missing. The police were notified.

Friday Evening, Saturday all day: Various family members give interviews to the police. All express absolute confidence in Mike -- he's basically the greatest man on earth -- while talking trash about the missing girl. Aliahna, they say, is a sleepwalker, she has vision and hearing and behavior problems, she's got ADHD, PTSD, OCD, XYZ, MSNBC, and more.

Saturday evening, the police shock pretty much everyone by stopping the search for the missing girl. It never resumes.

Sunday evening or Monday: Mike confesses to the murder and tells the police where to find her body. Aliahna’s head, hands, and feet are still in his freezer.

Other information of note:

Aliahna was molested (at least) twice in the previous year, on two different occasions, and by different people. Her step-dad reported that she felt bad about turning the guys in.

Aliahna apparently suffered PTSd from one of her incidents of prior abuse.

This family has a tree that looks like a cup of noodles. Everyone seemingly has gotten together with everyone else, in (for me at least) some pretty mind boggling combinations. There are a fair number of criminals and sex offenders, including at least one of the men who molested Aliahna previously. They move a lot, changing cities and states regularly. Interestingly enough, Mike did as well and it is uncertain but entirely possible they knew him previously.

Mike has some history of crime and violence, and one prior complaint of a sexual nature against a 13 year old girl (who’s family is also somehow mixed into the noodles I mentioned above if I recall correctly).

Anyway, that’s the basic rough outline. Some of the times and what not are probably off a bit, but you will figure that out in skimming the threads.

Hope this helps!

Just a thought about the hair dye- My stepdaughter's hair was first dyed when she was about 8 or 9 years old. Her lower-educated mother thought it was an effective way to treat head lice. Idiodic, but not nefarious.

This case also has moved at lightning speed, with an arrest made within days of Aliahna's reported "disappearance". So buckle up....

Just a thought about the hair dye- My stepdaughter's hair was first dyed when she was about 8 or 9 years old. Her lower-educated mother thought it was an effective way to treat head lice. Idiodic, but not nefarious.

Ahaahahaaa! Emmm, my daughter is about this age and has super thick curly hair. Last summer she asked if I could give her "stripes" like I have in my stick-straight hair. I did double check with her dad first, and painted on some pretty blonde highlights which looked way better on her hair than it does mine, lol.

Not to say there isn't some less innocent reason for Ali's dyed hair, but it may not mean much. I think we will find out scads more very soon......

Obviously things like hair dye or style, in themselves, are not signs of parental abuse, and I doubt anyone would suggest that they were. In Aliahna's case we are essentially forced to consider these things, as the parent's behavior shows negligence at best, with more sinister possibilities as a very plausible option.

When my daughter was just an infant I took her with me to work to show her off. We went by the cafeteria where all my friends were eating lunch. I got hungry, I figured maybe she was hungry too, and I didn't have her bottle with me... so I fed her some french fries. She was totally fine -- seemed to enjoy them actually -- but I was definately NOT fine when my wife discovered what I had fed our baby for lunch.

I was negligent.

What these parent's did was not negligence. It was the equivalent of handing your baby a plugged in circular saw to play with... in the tub. Do that, and when the blood and sparks start flying, shrugging your shoulders and saying "Who knew?" doesn't cut it. There is negligence (doing something stupid out of ignorance or a lack of attention) and then there is deliberate conduct that a reasonable person would conclude is likely to cause serious injury or death. Which is what we are discussing in this case.

---------

Very good post, as always. Mentioned earlier, that in one of the Missing poster photos, I think her hair is styled in a mohawk, well, it looks like a "faux" mohawk style to me.

And just what am I implying? Don't know. It's just curious to me why? Does anyone else see that? And, she doesn't look too happy.

Also, didn't "uncle Mike" on previous occasions fix the children's hair and get them ready for school?

Could be something or nothing.

---------

Very good post, as always. Mentioned earlier, that in one of the Missing poster photos, I think her hair is styled in a mohawk, well, it looks like a "faux" mohawk style to me.

And just what am I implying? Don't know. It's just curious to me why? Does anyone else see that? And, she doesn't look too happy.

Also, didn't "uncle Mike" on previous occasions fix the children's hair and get them ready for school?

Could be something or nothing.

BBM In the picture you are talking about it kind of reminds me of the Snooki hair style that a bunch of people copy. If you are talking about the same picture and her looking sad, that was a picture from her grandfather's funeral so she was most likely sad.

Ahaahahaaa! Emmm, my daughter is about this age and has super thick curly hair. Last summer she asked if I could give her "stripes" like I have in my stick-straight hair. I did double check with her dad first, and painted on some pretty blonde highlights which looked way better on her hair than it does mine, lol.

Not to say there isn't some less innocent reason for Ali's dyed hair, but it may not mean much. I think we will find out scads more very soon......

I agree at 9 I can see her asking for something like that done. I personally wouldn't do it but then again there are things we allow our children to do that someone else would say not for my kids. My 6 yr old has asked for stripes in her hair but we compromised and she asked Santa for fake hair extensions. What I question is it seems like they started dying her hair at a very young age even before she was old enough to ask for it.

384772_10150570513581153_606256152_11014035_419682714_n.jpg

RIP Sweet Girl

GRACE: Ms. Sepponen, thank you again for speaking with us tonight. You stated that Tarah gave you information about Aliahna that she wants the viewers to know. What is the message?

SEPPONEN: She was a very kind, trusting and helpful girl. In fact, she taught her siblings how to tie their shoes. She loved school, dancing, of course, her sisters and brother. And she always put others first. If she got an A-minus, she worked so hard to get an A-plus the next time. And she just really was a sweet kid.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/04/ng.01.html

So far, Fries said they are not ruling any possibility of what could have happened to the girl out, including foul play. There have not been any custody, abuse or neglect issues in the past, but family members said the girl is partially blind, has hearing problems and suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Activity Disorder and Oppositional Defiant with Conduct Disorder.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl

So how on earth did this very kind, sweet, helpful, trusting child who did everything she could to do well at school and always put others first get diagnosed with oppositional defiant conduct disorder?

http://aacap.org/page.ww?name=Children+with+Oppositional+Defiant+Disorder&section=Facts+for+Families
http://aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/conduct_disorder
http://www.teenswithproblems.com/conduct_disorder.html
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppositional_defiant_disorder"]Oppositional defiant disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conduct_disorder"]Conduct disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I am trying to figure that one out also. That cousin on Nancy Grace also claimed that if Ali got an A- in school she would work hard to get an A+ next time. Which presumably implies she did well in school. I am just really curious as to why before the body was found the child supposedly had all these issues but now that she is dead she is described as kind, trusting and helpful.

I am trying to figure that one out also. That cousin on Nancy Grace also claimed that if Ali got an A- in school she would work hard to get an A+ next time. Which presumably implies she did well in school. I am just really curious as to why before the body was found the child supposedly had all these issues but now that she is dead she is described as kind, trusting and helpful.

The only thing that occurs to me is a very cynical thought that before she was found there was a certain need to explain why she'd have run away in a way that it's her fault, not a reasonable reaction to an unbearable abusive situation. After she was found murdered it became irrelevant and now they can focus on all the good things that show everybody loved her and nobody in the family would have wanted her any harm or thrown her away to a molester to get a break because she was such a sweet child and no trouble whatsoever.

I don't know... I suppose people often want to speak of the deceased in very positive light, to respect them and remember the important person they lost.

But it's just beyond comprehension to me. None of the kids with oppositional defiant or conduct disorder that I know would be described as very kind, very sweet, striving so much to do well at school, always putting others first.

It could have been a wrong diagnosis. I wouldn't blame her for acting up if she was molested repeatedly and lived in an otherwise troubled family situation. The criteria of the disorder explicitly say that the behavior shouldn't be explainable by another diagnosis and she had the PTSD too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back