All About Chloroform #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Cindy chimed in she looked up "chlorophyll" to explain the searches for chloroform...LE had checked both Cindy and Georges work schedules for that time period they knew she was at work that day and at that time and I believe so was George.

More proof, if any were needed,that CA knows her daughter murdered her grandchild.

:twocents: Just a "tiny" FYI:innocent: for those thinking :waitasec: about "cooking up" some CHCl3:

:maddening: PLEASE remember to include lots of ice to cool down the mixture since it is an exothermic (heat producing) reaction and while you're shopping for the ingredients, get an amber (brownish) colored GLASS bottle with one seriously tight sealing cap! OH YEAH, and be wicked careful to avoid sunlight..........or you'll be creating "Mustard Gas" a la WWI!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh not to worry about me trying that Joypath. I was even afraid to GOOGLE "how to make chloroform" let alone try to concoct it! :noooo:

Oh not to worry about me trying that Joypath. I was even afraid to GOOGLE "how to make chloroform" let alone try to concoct it! :noooo:

I went ahead and googled "buy chloroform" and variations thereof. :innocent: BTW it is not hard to find.

:bump:

I thought I would move this up to facilitate discussion on this latest article.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27595348/detail.html

Could Caylee's Bathing Suit Cause Chloroform?
Chemist Says Yes, But In Lower Quantities

POSTED: 8:46 am EDT April 19, 2011
UPDATED: 8:52 am EDT April 19, 2011

"The chemical signature would be definitive," said Altamonte Springs chemist Jeff Flowers. He has provided expert testimony in state and federal court but he is not affiliated with the Anthony case.

The Anthony's used organic compounds for cholorine which is why DSimms mentions that hypothetical about Caylee swimming in TonyL's pool at this complex on June 2, 2008...I still don't think this will fly...if it would produce chloroform in smaller quantities then this is not the reason such high levels of choloroform were found in the vehicle's trunk...IOW, if this will be part of the evidence that does become included...as LKB said, it would be an automatic reversal if His Honor rules it in...I don't want that to happen so maybe it's best it doesnt'...KWIM??? JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I went ahead and googled "buy chloroform" and variations thereof. :innocent: BTW it is not hard to find.

wouldnt it be something if on one of those receipts it says chloroform clear as day as an online purchase she made with good ole ca's money??? i know, just too much to ask.

pip, you're not alone in speculating that about the pull-up. Can't remember which WSer it was somewhere back in the mists of this thread who first pointed that out, but it makes sense. Also IIRC there were plastic remnants found with Caylee's remains that may have been a pull-up.

What a potential pull-up does for the "accidental drowning" scenario, I don't know. I guess you can put kids in a pool in their diapers, yes? But if Caylee was not wearing a pull-up when she died, it doesn't seem likely that KC would put one on her before disposing of her.
We had a backyard above ground pool which was about 52" deep. Getting to my point, the pool water was way above my grandsons head at age 2. One day at the pool he had a pullup because I had ran out of the pullup swimmies, Well within seconds that pull up started filling up and gel balls were so full in the pullup the pull up seemed like it weighed a ton, I got out with him as fast as I could but not before the pull up took on more water. When I got it off of him, & put it in the trash my thoughs were that a child could easy drown from a pull up on because of the weight as it filled with water would pull the child under, a nighttime pull up would even take on more water. My thoughts are that maybe Casey duck taped Caylees mouth, put her in the pool and Caylee had a pullup on and the weight within seconds of the pullup would have taken Cayee under the water.

Talking heads on In Session saying Defense is going to go with a wet bathing suit made chloroform in the trunk. I have no recollection of there being a wet bathing suit in the trunk and furthermore . . . there doesn't appear to be evidence of any type of mold/outline/etc from a bathing suit. I am wondering if the defense is going to attempt to somehow say the swim suit created the outline of this child in the fetal position, including her little hand, finger and toe nails? Just postulating . . . . any thoughts?

We had a backyard above ground pool which was about 52" deep. Getting to my point, the pool water was way above my grandsons head at age 2. One day at the pool he had a pullup because I had ran out of the pullup swimmies, Well within seconds that pull up started filling up and gel balls were so full in the pullup the pull up seemed like it weighed a ton, I got out with him as fast as I could but not before the pull up took on more water. When I got it off of him, & put it in the trash my thoughs were that a child could easy drown from a pull up on because of the weight as it filled with water would pull the child under, a nighttime pull up would even take on more water. My thoughts are that maybe Casey duck taped Caylees mouth, put her in the pool and Caylee had a pullup on and the weight within seconds of the pullup would have taken Cayee under the water.

Good info on the pullup . . . I wonder how much water a pullup of similar size/brand could actually hold. I don't have ready access to one currently. One could actually argue that the shorts and pullup area in the picture of the stain do appear to be "puffier" than I would have expected. Could the defense "float" the idea that Caylee accidentally fell in the pool with her pullup on . . . it filled with water pulling her down. It would have had to be a different pool than the A's because the A's said they didn't use chlorine for their pool.

That is so ridiculous! A wet suit would have dried in a very short time in that heat and Caylee hadn't been seen for a month. Plus, didn't one of ICA's friends bring over some swim things of Caylee's after ICA was arrested? I can't remember who (CS or RP perhaps) or why he had them or where I saw that.

IMHO, the "bathing suit caused the chloroform" defense will never work. I had an above ground pool when my children were young, and I had to continually chlorinate it due to the fact that the chlorine would evaporate due to swimming activity, sunshine, and heat. I do not think anyone will buy that a wet bathing suit was left in the trunk and created chloroform. No way, Jose! Also, I remember using a Pull-Up as a swimsuit on my son when he was little, and upon taking him out of the pool, the crotch area sagged down to his knees or lower with all of the water it had absorbed. Looked hilarious! I see no indication on that fetal-shaped sausage/banana stain that would indicate a soggy diaper or Pull-Up full of water. Tick-tock! Tick-tock! Justice is coming, Caylee dear!

Talking heads on In Session saying Defense is going to go with a wet bathing suit made chloroform in the trunk. I have no recollection of there being a wet bathing suit in the trunk and furthermore . . . there doesn't appear to be evidence of any type of mold/outline/etc from a bathing suit. I am wondering if the defense is going to attempt to somehow say the swim suit created the outline of this child in the fetal position, including her little hand, finger and toe nails? Just postulating . . . . any thoughts?

Yes! The thought I had was that Cindy will be prepared to remember taking it out of the trunk and washing it...oops! Claiming it was left in there from a swimming session at TL apartment.

IMHO, the "bathing suit caused the chloroform" defense will never work. I had an above ground pool when my children were young, and I had to continually chlorinate it due to the fact that the chlorine would evaporate due to swimming activity, sunshine, and heat. I do not think anyone will buy that a wet bathing suit was left in the trunk and created chloroform. No way, Jose! Also, I remember using a Pull-Up as a swimsuit on my son when he was little, and upon taking him out of the pool, the crotch area sagged down to his knees or lower with all of the water it had absorbed. Looked hilarious! I see no indication on that fetal-shaped sausage/banana stain that would indicate a soggy diaper or Pull-Up full of water. Tick-tock! Tick-tock! Justice is coming, Caylee dear!
My daughter is on a swim team in the summer time, and swims recreationally too/pool parties, so sometimes 2-3x/day! There are always wet bathsuits in our bathroom. If wet bathsuits caused Chloroform, we would've been dead years ago!!!

Pools in complexes are heavily monitored. They are shut down if they need to be shocked or super chlorinated. The chlorine levels have to be "spot on" for the pool to remain open. JMO

IOW: Not under or over chlorinated. PH also has to be correct etc.

That is so ridiculous! A wet suit would have dried in a very short time in that heat and Caylee hadn't been seen for a month. Plus, didn't one of ICA's friends bring over some swim things of Caylee's after ICA was arrested? I can't remember who (CS or RP perhaps) or why he had them or where I saw that.

I remember that too, Strawberry....I believe it was in one of the interviews w/LE. I wanna say it was Cindy talking about some guy who she thought was named Chris bringing it over but couldn't remember his last name at the time and LE was very interested in who this Chris person was and talking to him. I remember them even asking George about it or vise versa depending on which one gave the original statement to LE. It was way back when they were going over the calendar. I may be wrong on this but I think it turned out to be Chris Stutz because KC and Caylee had been swimming over at this parents house right before Caylee "went missing!"

IIRCC....The last time I heard of Caylee swimming was on Father's Day at the A's.....they cooked steaks on the grill and it was a great evening....Little Caylee was in the pool with CA and ICA did not want to swim because it was too cold.....(with temps at about 100 that time of year)....CA talks of how she lifted Caylee out of the pool and handed her to ICA......

Yes! The thought I had was that Cindy will be prepared to remember taking it out of the trunk and washing it...oops! Claiming it was left in there from a swimming session at TL apartment.

Just a thought I had, but IF the DT tries to use the "bathing suit in the trunk caused the chloroform levels" defense, how are they going to explain how the levels could be so high with no ill effects to KC while she was driving that car? Or when she opened the trunk to get the gas cans for GA? Wouldn't such high-levels have had an effect on her? Made her dizzy, nauseous, something? You have to ventilate the bathroom when you use Tilex! How could KC have driven around with a car trunk full of chloroform? Maybe this is why she didn't make any effort to retrieve it from Amscot! She could no longer stand driving it without getting sick. moo.

Yes, I think it was Chris S who brought a bag with Caylee's swimsuit back to the Anthony home.
I thought it curious that he had any of caylee's items.. I don't remember the reason why he had them. :waitasec:

IMO, chloroform had nothing to do with Caylees' demise. The reason that I think this is because of the high levels found after the car was examined. I think the chloroform was used to try and get the decomp odor out, used by CA or GA the day they got the car back. To me it still registered high as it had only been a few days since they cleaned it, as opposed to over a month if KC used it. MOO

This is an old article from 2008 but I would think the information would still be applicable. Food for thought...

Local Chemist Calls Chloroform In Anthony's Car 'Definitive'
Sources with knowledge of the investigation told WESH 2 that air samples from Casey Anthony's car came back positive for vaporized chloroform.

"I think it's as significant or more significant than finding decomposition products," chemist Jeff Flowers said.

Flowers has testified in state and federal court as an expert and said positive tests for vaporized chloroform mean those results could not have come from cleaning products, human body fluids or a mixture of anything else. Flowers said it had to have been pure chloroform.

"It could not have come from a chemical reaction in the trunk
It's impossible.

If chloroform was indeed in Casey Anthony's car in high concentrations, Flowers said it will be very difficult to explain how the hazardous chemical that cannot be purchased over the counter may have been in her car.

http://www.wesh.com/r/17392699/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member