All About Chloroform #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am thinking is that Ga or Ca used pure chloroform to clean/get the odor out.

IMO, chloroform had nothing to do with Caylees' demise. The reason that I think this is because of the high levels found after the car was examined. I think the chloroform was used to try and get the decomp odor out, used by CA or GA the day they got the car back. To me it still registered high as it had only been a few days since they cleaned it, as opposed to over a month if KC used it. MOO
And I see no reason it couldn't have been used for both purposes:snooty:... Casey still could have Chloroformed Caylee so she wouldn't fight back, be easier to handle, and someone could have attempted to clean up the trunk with it...

Don't forget about the swabs of the trunk liner, testing postive for chloroform - no other chemicals. Highly unlikely that accidental or incidental chloroform would be in a pure state on a surface.

What I am thinking is that Ga or Ca used pure chloroform to clean/get the odor out.

I have wondered about that before BUT why wouldn't they say that? Cindy said
on the record that she never used any or had any or heard of any chloroform being anywhere around her home.

katydid~~~~
CA also never admitted to putting dryer sheets and Febrezeing the trunk until very recently. Who knows, the chloroform just baffles me.

Harmony2~~ I wonder where the dude got the chloroform, there could be some info from his case we could use. I am totally baffled about the chloroform. Thanks for the article.

I have wondered about that before BUT why wouldn't they say that? Cindy said
on the record that she never used any or had any or heard of any chloroform being anywhere around her home.
One thing we know for sure is that Cindy didn't obtain it from work, so Casey may have done the cleanup, and they lied about that as well...

Wet swimsuit caused the Chloroform...hmmm

Didn't Kelvin baez and one of his experts claim the trunk was not able to be a sealed environment and therefore that made the air sample testing unreliable.

Okay so, the trunk has too much pass thru for decomp air samples but miraculously is now able to seal itself in order for the volital chemical Chloroform to be to "made" and unable to be dispersed or diluted.

katydid~~~~
CA also never admitted to putting dryer sheets and Febrezeing the trunk until very recently. Who knows, the chloroform just baffles me.

True. Who knows with CA. We certainly cannot take her word as gospel on anything.

It just occurred to me, could chloroform have been in one of those gas cans? And spilled in the trunk? A lot of confusion about the gas cans, and why ICA needed one from Amy. Just a random thought.

IMO, chloroform had nothing to do with Caylees' demise. The reason that I think this is because of the high levels found after the car was examined. I think the chloroform was used to try and get the decomp odor out, used by CA or GA the day they got the car back. To me it still registered high as it had only been a few days since they cleaned it, as opposed to over a month if KC used it. MOO

Then why would Casey do google searches for chloroform and how to make chloroform?

Wet swimsuit caused the Chloroform...hmmm

Didn't Kelvin baez and one of his experts claim the trunk was not able to be a sealed environment and therefore that made the air sample testing unreliable.

Okay so, the trunk has too much pass thru for decomp air samples but miraculously is now able to seal itself in order for the volital chemical Chloroform to be to "made" and unable to be dispersed or diluted.

Excellent point, spqr! One thing about the chloroform being used for cleaning that has always kept me from believing that is that I don't see how someone could use it for cleaning without knocking themselves out. I'm not very familiar with it, but if it could make someone pass out by holding to their face for mere seconds, how could someone work with it as a cleaner without getting sick or passing out themselves? I can see KC taping Caylees mouth and hands, placing her in the trunk, and pouring some chloroform in the trunk to finish the deed while she goes to Blockbuster with TonE, but can't see how anyone could clean out the trunk with such a volatile chemical. I guess I need to send out the Joypath signal. Maybe she can explain this for me.

The chloroform is IN!!!! We're talking about it over on the Frye thread! Woot Woot!

Jeff Ashton at death penalty hearing

http://www.wftv.com/video/21932889/index.html

timestamp 24:15 to 24:48

A juror might conclude, then, that she must have been restrained, either chemically or physically.

If chemically restrained, her killer prepared some substance in advance that would render her physically unable to resist, administered the substance, awaited its effect, and then methodically applied three pieces of duct tape to completely cut off the flow of air to her mouth or her nose and let nature take its course. At least, Caylee wouldn't have had any fear.

How would jurors apply those facts to the law the court would give them?

timestamp 24:56

If she was physically restrained, her killer would have had to restrain her arms by some means, applying tape while she was conscious. As the killer looked into her face, maybe her killer even saw her eyes as the tape was applied, first one piece, then two, then three, so that no breath was possible. Could Caylee have understood what was happening to her? Did she try to resist? Could her killer see the fear in her eyes as the tape was applied?

It just occurred to me, could chloroform have been in one of those gas cans? And spilled in the trunk? A lot of confusion about the gas cans, and why ICA needed one from Amy. Just a random thought.

No for the armature chemist Chloroform is something you would measure in mL not gallons.

Excellent point, spqr! One thing about the chloroform being used for cleaning that has always kept me from believing that is that I don't see how someone could use it for cleaning without knocking themselves out. I'm not very familiar with it, but if it could make someone pass out by holding to their face for mere seconds, how could someone work with it as a cleaner without getting sick or passing out themselves? I can see KC taping Caylees mouth and hands, placing her in the trunk, and pouring some chloroform in the trunk to finish the deed while she goes to Blockbuster with TonE, but can't see how anyone could clean out the trunk with such a volatile chemical. I guess I need to send out the Joypath signal. Maybe she can explain this for me.

Chefmom: IF you plan on using chloroform for any cleaning, I'd suggest STRONGLY that the area be well ventilated or that you work with the chemical under an OSHA approved chemical hood! :woohoo: Practice and skill working with almost any product gets one able to extend the time period of utilization to accomplish a project and in this particular case, IF, and that's a huge IF, a cleaning grade or reagent grade chloroform was used to "clean-up or cover -up whatever Casey had managed to get herself into THIS TIME in Anthony thought",:banghead: I :innocent: betcha it was poured/dumped/tossed/thrown/saturated into the trunk area. :twocents: Unfortunately one can't offset the effects of this chemical by "mouth breathing" as one might do when chopping onions but you CAN avoid SLIGHTLY the fumes by tilting one's head away rather like tucking those fingers under while slicing the same onions :)loser:a skill that has defeated me!:loser:)

Chefmom: IF you plan on using chloroform for any cleaning, I'd suggest STRONGLY that the area be well ventilated or that you work with the chemical under an OSHA approved chemical hood! :woohoo: Practice and skill working with almost any product gets one able to extend the time period of utilization to accomplish a project and in this particular case, IF, and that's a huge IF, a cleaning grade or reagent grade chloroform was used to "clean-up or cover -up whatever Casey had managed to get herself into THIS TIME in Anthony thought",:banghead: I :innocent: betcha it was poured/dumped/tossed/thrown/saturated into the trunk area. :twocents: Unfortunately one can't offset the effects of this chemical by "mouth breathing" as one might do when chopping onions but you CAN avoid SLIGHTLY the fumes by tilting one's head away rather like tucking those fingers under while slicing the same onions :)loser:a skill that has defeated me!:loser:)

Thank you, Joypath! And, this leads me to believe that, more likely than not, chloroform was NOT used to clean the car. But, if CA tried to clean away the decomp from her precious grandbaby just to cover for her thieving, lying, unemployed daughter, then I will be so happy if the chloroform fumes from that cleaning helps to convict her of premeditated murder. JMO.

Valhall's comments on the Chloroform findings.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/04/28/caylee-anthony-case-chloroform-in/

the gift that keeps on giving... :great:

I enjoyed reading this. One thing I will say is that IF CA takes the stand and tried to act like she is the one who accidentally googled chloroform, the jury is going to KNOW that she is covering for her guilty offspring, especially after the SA shows that she was at work during the search. But, I honestly think she will try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove