All about Kristina Prevatt's jail house letter

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep for dental pain from extractions, some get Oxy, some get Percs etc etc

A snip from wikipedia on Oxy:
By 2001, OxyContin was the best-selling non-generic narcotic pain reliever in the U.S.; in 2002, over 7.2 million prescriptions were written for it, for total sales of $1.5 billion.[11] An analysis of data from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration found that retail sales of oxycodone "jumped nearly six-fold between 1997 and 2005."[12] Mundipharma distributes OxyContin in Australia,[13] China,[14] and Europe.[15]

OxyContin is available in 5 mg (blue) tablets in Canada and the U.K.; 10 mg (white) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.; 15 mg (grey) in the U.S.; 20 mg (pink) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.; 30 mg (brown) in the U.S.; 40 mg (tan) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.; 60 mg (red) in the U.S.; and 80 mg (green) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.[16][17][18] In 2001, Purdue Pharma suspended distribution of 160 mg tablets in the U.S. because of the "possibility of illicit use of tablets of such high strength."[11][19]

Slang terms for OxyContin include "Hillbilly Heroin", "Killers", "OC", "Oxy", and "Oxycotton".[20][21][22] The word "OxyContin" should not be confused with "morphine sulfate", "MS Contin", "Oxandrin", "oxybutynin", "oxytocin", or "Roxicodone

A snip from wikipedia on Oxy:
By 2001, OxyContin was the best-selling non-generic narcotic pain reliever in the U.S.; in 2002, over 7.2 million prescriptions were written for it, for total sales of $1.5 billion.[11] An analysis of data from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration found that retail sales of oxycodone "jumped nearly six-fold between 1997 and 2005."[12] Mundipharma distributes OxyContin in Australia,[13] China,[14] and Europe.[15]

OxyContin is available in 5 mg (blue) tablets in Canada and the U.K.; 10 mg (white) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.; 15 mg (grey) in the U.S.; 20 mg (pink) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.; 30 mg (brown) in the U.S.; 40 mg (tan) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.; 60 mg (red) in the U.S.; and 80 mg (green) in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.[16][17][18] In 2001, Purdue Pharma suspended distribution of 160 mg tablets in the U.S. because of the "possibility of illicit use of tablets of such high strength."[11][19]

Slang terms for OxyContin include "Hillbilly Heroin", "Killers", "OC", "Oxy", and "Oxycotton".[20][21][22] The word "OxyContin" should not be confused with "morphine sulfate", "MS Contin", "Oxandrin", "oxybutynin", "oxytocin", or "Roxicodone

and just to add to this...Anybody wonder why Tylenol and the likes are now locked away and you have to ask for a bottle in some grocery stores, most of the time limited to the sale of 2 or 3 bottles in certain states after you show id? It's b/c acetaminophen enhances the codone. Acetaminophen can be crushed with Oxycontin (or similar) and cut into crack, coc, weed, anything. Acetaminophen capsules (that come apart) can be opened & cut with certain drugs, then placed back in the capsules and sold for $5-$15 per pill. Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Oxycet, Percadan, Percacet - among others - these are highly addicting drugs. IMO, they should have been regulated a very long time ago! Cutting Oxycontin with more Acetaminophen will make the drug last longer, possibly make it work faster, and enhance the feeling that you would normally get from the drug - which should be enough in and of itself!

Interesting, I haven't noticed Tylenol locked away, but haven't been looking for it. I have heard rumors that some cold medications are locked away in certain areas and at certain times, as they can be used for making meth iirc. Syringes I have always seen behind the pharmacist's counter

Oxy for dental pain? Wow! I've never heard of such a thing.

My best friend had 2 teeth pulled last month. This is what they precribed her, even though she said she would only take otc Motrin & Tylenol. She threw it in her fire b/c I had her so scared somebody would dig through her trash & fill the prescription!

Interesting, I haven't noticed Tylenol locked away, but haven't been looking for it. I have heard rumors that some cold medications are locked away in certain areas and at certain times, as they can be used for making meth iirc. Syringes I have always seen behind the pharmacist's counter

Yep, I shop at the Acme here where I live. I think b/c it's such a large store, that's why this stuff is locked up behind a glass door. Walgreens has it on the shelf, but it's right in front of the pharmacist. It more than likely depends on the size of the store and the type of the store. Also, I'm thinking each state has their own laws regarding this stuff.

My best friend had 2 teeth pulled last month. This is what they precribed her, even though she said she would only take otc Motrin & Tylenol. She threw it in her fire b/c I had her so scared somebody would dig through her trash & fill the prescription!
Slightly OTWhen my daughter was 6 months old and undergoing numerous surgeries, the hospital gave her Tylenol about 30 minutes before her morphine to make a lower dosage of morphine more effective.* Often if I am in severe pain and don't want to deal with side effects of a pain pill, I will take a Tylenol and take a motrin about an hour later.* I am not a doctor nor do I dispense medical advice.* Just sharing.

Sorry to quote you again...wanted to add something:

Yes, meth too...although meth can be made from a multitude of everyday items easily purchase if you really wanted to make it...which would be extremely stupid b/c it's highly volatile. B/C of the instability during the manufacture, people take a huge gamble with blowing themselves up...let alone a whole lab. I personally think, and again this is jmo, that each and every pain relieving drug including aspirin, and each and every cold medicine including children's anything, and each and every allergy medicine that can be bought otc should be locked up, only able to be bought with id, and that id logged. Of course, though, that'll never happen.

Slightly OTWhen my daughter was 6 months old and undergoing numerous surgeries, the hospital gave her Tylenol about 30 minutes before her morphine to make a lower dosage of morphine more effective.* Often if I am in severe pain and don't want to deal with side effects of a pain pill, I will take a Tylenol and take a motrin about an hour later.* I am not a doctor nor do I dispense medical advice.* Just sharing.

That's exactly right! I do the same thing. Now, can you imagine what it could do if cut with another drug that already has it as an ingredient? It would enhance the effects in each and every way. My GOD, especially a time released drug - that's just a no-no.

We don't know if this is indeed what happened to Haleigh.

But I did note a Pediatrician that was on NG briefly last night that gave this statement:

...GRACE: And very quickly, to Dr. Jennifer Shu, pediatrician and editor of "Baby Child Health." Would one Oxycontin kill a 39-pound little girl or two Oxycontin pills?

DR. JENNIFER SHU, PEDIATRICIAN, CO-AUTHOR OF "HEADING HOME W/YOUR NEWBORN": Yes, actually it could, Nancy. Oxycontin is 7.5 times stronger than codeine. So even the smallest tablet that`s 10 milligrams could cause a child like that to stop breathing and die...
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/24/ng.01.html

I think that was the complete convo.

From everything that I've been able to find, oxy is not prescribed to children. I might be wrong about that, but that's what I've been able to find so far. Meaning in my mind, it's not safe at any dosage for children yet.

Just wanted to post this here on this thread to keep in topic of thread.

Yep for dental pain from extractions, some get Oxy, some get Percs etc etc

My daughter had oral surgery and they gave her oxycodone. Holy cow. I posted earlier that she told me my face was transforming into a clown face. Needless to say I started cutting the pills in half and I slept downstairs with her until she got better. Crazy the strength of these drugs chemists are discovering nowadays.

Sorry to quote you again...wanted to add something:

Yes, meth too...although meth can be made from a multitude of everyday items easily purchase if you really wanted to make it...which would be extremely stupid b/c it's highly volatile. B/C of the instability during the manufacture, people take a huge gamble with blowing themselves up...let alone a whole lab. I personally think, and again this is jmo, that each and every pain relieving drug including aspirin, and each and every cold medicine including children's anything, and each and every allergy medicine that can be bought otc should be locked up, only able to be bought with id, and that id logged. Of course, though, that'll never happen.

Sorry if it's already been said, but that's the way it's done here. I have to take Sudafed 12-Hour for my sinus issues and I have to get it from the pharmacist and show my ID and they log it in the computer system. I have to go through this process every single time I buy it, because some of the ingredients in it are used for cooking meth. :)

My daughter had oral surgery and they gave her oxycodone. Holy cow. I posted earlier that she told me my face was transforming into a clown face. Needless to say I started cutting the pills in half and I slept downstairs with her until she got better. Crazy the strength of these drugs chemists are discovering nowadays.

Off Topic:

I was prescribed it once (hysterectomy) and I took only one day of the script. It kept me up for over 24 hours (awake~ completely buzzed and I think I had some auditory hallucinations with it~ ex: faint music playing, my mind must have been making a melody out of something or another LOL), and made me incrediably ill.

Changed over to 800mg of Motrin, script from doc the next day and flushed the rest of the script. I can't take that stuff, and can't fathom why anyone would want to do it for the heck of it. Gawd.

:waitasec: OxyContin is the brand name of a time-release formula of oxycodone

I know, but from what I understand the oxycontin is much more powerful and addictive. because it's time release, you usually get higher mg and your body is getting the drug all day long. when you get hydrocodone or oxycodone you get 5, 7.5, or 10 and it lasts 4-6 hrs. oxycontin comes in 10 - 80 and it lasts 12 hrs.
I'm no expert, just sayin what I've heard from the people I know who take this stuff.
oh, I do know a guy who gets morphine for IBS. THAT'S CRAZY!! guess it just depends on the doc you get.

I've only ever gotten hydrocodone for surgeries and such, but my husband got oxycodone a couple weeks ago for flash burn(his eyes). he was in intense, severe pain. oh man, the poor fella really needed it!

I was on oxycontin for a short time for severe back pain from an injury. oxycontin is a time released pill. it says right on the bottle that if you chew it you can die. Chewing the pill releases a lot more of the drug than you are supposed to get. Haleigh could have thought they were "candy dots" and only had to bite into one for it to kill her. The poor baby, could have bit it and it tasted horrible but it was too late it was already in her mouth/system. I think this story makes sense. Misty had asked if she could babysit other kids that night. It was probably a lie to get out of the house. She took both Haleigh and Ron Jr to the party and poor Haleigh was the one to find the pills. This story seems to make more sense than any others we have heard. It's consistant with Mistys Brother knocking on the door and not finding her home. JMO

I find it hard to believe hard core illicit drug users would leave their drugs laying around to be taken by a child. Why would you need to drug a young child very late at night to go to sleep. They fall asleep on their own, she had been up early, full day of school. Full evening of playing, company, eating, movies, mine would just fall out between seven and nine pm. You could have a party at my house and never arouse them after they hit the pillow. Doesn't make sense to me.

I could see my children staying up if there was a party, especially a wild kind, and if they were afraid. If there is a lot of happening, even benign things such as Granny coming to visit in the evening they can excite themselves out of the sleepy phase and become hyperactive.

I find it hard to believe hard core illicit drug users would leave their drugs laying around to be taken by a child. Why would you need to drug a young child very late at night to go to sleep. They fall asleep on their own, she had been up early, full day of school. Full evening of playing, company, eating, movies, mind would just fall out between seven and nine pm. You could have a party at my house and never arouse them after they hit the pillow. Doesn't make sense to me.

while this is true I can see where it is might be possible for a child to not fall asleep. MY daughter will not sleep without her medication. She does have health issues and is prescribed meds. In this case we have continuously heard "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock....cause that's her bedtime.." Perhaps Haleigh was used to going to sleep at 8, who knows though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back