All Things Britney Spears - Thread No. 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eve, I understand where you are coming from. First off, the specific situation I was talking about had to do with two teachers...making almost the same amount. My friend thought her ex should support the ENTIRE cost of the children. I let her know that he is paying HIS HALF. Now, since they made almost the same amount of money, I felt as if she should chip in the same amount as he does. She felt like "her" money was her own....as if she had nothing to do with the children being born in the first place!:rolleyes: Now, some other situations were like K-fed. The wives were staying at home "raising the children" which of course were all school aged and even old enough to stay at home for a short period of time (15, 17) and it the other situation (14,17,18). They were living off the child support entirely! NOT what child support was intended for. One was taking her ex back to court so SHE could buy a new car for HERSELF! In both of these cases, the money was substantial, and so the ex spouses thought they should set on their asses and live off of their ex. I am soooooo not into that scene. I gently pointed out to one of them that they no longer "needed" to stay at home with the children and why didn't she go back to teaching to buy her "own" car. She blew up and said that I was not taking her side. I simply said I was taking the "children's" side....which was to use the money for them or set up some kind of fund with the excess of the money if it was not needed for their direct use. I don't like freeloaders. K-fed has a staff helping him raise the children, so he could work and contribute to his attorney fees and support his own partying and jewelry, as well as his own personal expenses. Now back to your post. Of course doing "your part" doesn't mean a 50-50% split of the money. If he makes more, then he should pay a bigger percentage of the split. Does that make sense? Also, no where in your post do I see you saying that you are not working and paying your part. :) Food, clothing, shelter for the children, insurance on the home, etc. are all part of raising the children. Now, I am sure that the child support that you are receiving is not covering all of this...and you are doing your part to pay the difference. I am sure you are not buying your own personal clothes or going out partying with your children's child support. (Just by reading your posts in the past makes me think you are NOT THIS TYPE OF PERSON! LOL) Also, I am SURE that you don't leave a 2000.00 tip from your children's child support payment.:bang: :bang: :bang:
I have a child that is going to be a doctor so I TOTALLY understand the scary cost of college. Also, when was the last time you treated yourself to jewelry at the expense of your ex's support payments? I didn't think so. I am on your side. Really I am. I am sad to think that your ex thinks that "you" are the one that he is supporting. This seems to be the attitude of so many men and women that pay support. In many cases, it is justified anger, but with as many cases it isn't. I hope the kids don't hear him say that to you. That would be just heartbreaking. Keep your chin up. Kids know who is there for them. Also, congrats to your super student in college. I know you are proud of them! :D

Yup, Dea, anyone who leaves a $2k tip really is in a different league in regard to all this! It is almost amusing to read this thread. They both have so much help, no matter what state of mind Brit's in. I feel for her boys but not from a material standpoint.

I also have known many people who have assumed the money they make is separate and distinct form household/childcare expenses. This includes my own SIL and my husband's ex.

I have worked very hard and my oldest plans on med school too. My problem is I want so much to give them as much as I can for school that I have bitten off more than I can chew and haven't said "I cannot do this," often enough. I have had 6 years to work, before that I was home with kids for 12 years, my ex has had 20 years to get his ducks in a row and still I am the one who is painted as the bad guy. And yes, I believe he does express this to the kids. It is always a concern. Thanks Dea!:blowkiss:

Eve

I have worked very hard and my oldest plans on med school too. My problem is I want so much to give them as much as I can for school that I have bitten off more than I can chew and haven't said "I cannot do this," often enough.

Eve
I hear you. I think it is the "mother" thing in us. :crazy: Bless your heart. It is so hard sometimes isn't it!?!? However, the kids will remember who struggled for them. I knew by reading your posts for some time that you were an awesome person and mom. :blowkiss:

Just to add a few thoughts to your post Dea - I know my ex's salary has gone up substantially since we split and established our child support amounts. My lawyer has told me numerous times it could be very costly to take him back to court and challenge this, and there have also been numerous changes in child support guidlelines that may not be favorable for a redetermination, either, so that I have let the situation lie. My child support amount doesn't begin to cover expenses for the children. Just in the last 2 weeks, my daughter had expenses of over 1/2 my monthly amount from my ex, $500, relating to a extracurricular activities, a school trip and her birthday gift and party (which I gave). He often *advertiser censored* about his support going to "me." All I can say is this: those kids have spent all but one night a week and every other weekend at my house, for nine years. Do you feel support going to keeping the boat afloat, i.e. housing, food, gas, electric, phone, etc., as well as clothing, activities, etc. is appropriate? In addition to support, we have split extracurriculars and now we split college, down the middle, something that is becoming increasingly difficult for me. He makes 2-3 times more than I do. Is half fair at this point?

It is hard for me to imagine KFed and Britney squabbling because they have enough to go around, any way you look at it. Still there is a fairness factor that often gets overlooked.

I know I am struggling with it in my own life.

Eve

Eve you are singing my song completely. I am also very familiar with this scenario. Every month requires creative financing on my part, and having to pick and choose which bday party and which event can be attended by my three lovelies. He lives alone (which I do not resent at all) making 6 figures and I receive guidelines which makes it tough to make ends meet. I am not resentful, believe it or not, I just find it fascinating that he chooses to nickel and dime his own children. They are with me 24/7 as he lives many states away, yet he contributes the minimum in support. Whatever, we get by...and I would not change having them with me for anything in the entire universe.

Eve you are singing my song completely. I am also very familiar with this scenario. Every month requires creative financing on my part, and having to pick and choose which bday party and which event can be attended by my three lovelies. He lives alone (which I do not resent at all) making 6 figures and I receive guidelines which makes it tough to make ends meet. I am not resentful, believe it or not, I just find it fascinating that he chooses to nickel and dime his own children. They are with me 24/7 as he lives many states away, yet he contributes the minimum in support. Whatever, we get by...and I would not change having them with me for anything in the entire universe.

believe, we are indeed in harmony. I also would not change being home with them for 12 years or having primary custody. Just the other day my daughter said "thank you for staying home with us." She said she feels "honored and lucky" that I was able to do that, even though she knows it has put me behind financially. Hey, it's only money. :crazy:

It is shame that even with all their resources these celebrities cannot do a better job.

Eve

I would SO love to see that itemized bill, and see how he came up with the original half-mil and then reduced it to this. UNbelievable... Attorneys who over-bill in this manner should be reprimanded. I find it very hard to believe the attorneys would have billed K-Fed the higher amount IF they assumed HE would be paying it. Since they knew Brit would be paying it, they brought in all the creative-billing-consultants...

Attorneys. Gotta love 'em.

NOT.

I would SO love to see that itemized bill, and see how he came up with the original half-mil and then reduced it to this. UNbelievable... Attorneys who over-bill in this manner should be reprimanded. I find it very hard to believe the attorneys would have billed K-Fed the higher amount IF they assumed HE would be paying it. Since they knew Brit would be paying it, they brought in all the creative-billing-consultants...

Attorneys. Gotta love 'em.

NOT.
I agree with you Nascar! I am so happy that he cut the amount. Now, I wish the judge would make Kfool pay a percentage of his bills, and I bet his motions would slow down.:rolleyes:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20185908,00.html

"I lost my voice at the craps tables and I lost all my money," he went on to say in a raspy voice, before a friend dragged him away from the mic.

I think he means that he lost all of Britt's money...yeah, the child support that he gets for his children. Good idea his friend had pulling him away from the mic. After all, it doesn't look good for his continuing child support payments for it to be known that he is living and partying off of them.:bang: Those poor kids. Can you even imagine having parents like these? :eek:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20185908,00.html

"I lost my voice at the craps tables and I lost all my money," he went on to say in a raspy voice, before a friend dragged him away from the mic.

I think he means that he lost all of Britt's money...yeah, the child support that he gets for his children. Good idea his friend had pulling him away from the mic. After all, it doesn't look good for his continuing child support payments for it to be known that he is living and partying off of them.:bang: Those poor kids. Can you even imagine having parents like these? :eek:

I was sooo thinking of you DeanWS when I read this at the people site .. I knew you would comment!!!

LOL
I admit I thought the same thing.. And did you read that Shar Jackson was there too??
So basically all the kids were left alone for Easter so they could party on Brit's money??

I do not agree about the custody at least the extra bills she caused she should have to pay.
But this ... its just wrong!

Just to add a few thoughts to your post Dea - I know my ex's salary has gone up substantially since we split and established our child support amounts. My lawyer has told me numerous times it could be very costly to take him back to court and challenge this, and there have also been numerous changes in child support guidlelines that may not be favorable for a redetermination, either, so that I have let the situation lie. My child support amount doesn't begin to cover expenses for the children. Just in the last 2 weeks, my daughter had expenses of over 1/2 my monthly amount from my ex, $500, relating to a extracurricular activities, a school trip and her birthday gift and party (which I gave). He often *advertiser censored* about his support going to "me." All I can say is this: those kids have spent all but one night a week and every other weekend at my house, for nine years. Do you feel support going to keeping the boat afloat, i.e. housing, food, gas, electric, phone, etc., as well as clothing, activities, etc. is appropriate? In addition to support, we have split extracurriculars and now we split college, down the middle, something that is becoming increasingly difficult for me. He makes 2-3 times more than I do. Is half fair at this point?

It is hard for me to imagine KFed and Britney squabbling because they have enough to go around, any way you look at it. Still there is a fairness factor that often gets overlooked.

I know I am struggling with it in my own life.

Eve

i live in michigan and you are allowed, at no cost, to revisit the child support every every 12 months. the law states that 25% of gross income is used for determining support. i thought this applied to everyone in the united state, not just michigan

And did you read that Shar Jackson was there too??
So basically all the kids were left alone for Easter so they could party on Brit's money??

Yeah...that stood out for me. Shar's done very well since Fed married Britney. Like winning the lottery! Bizarre.
She even tried to capitalize on her breakup with that TV show The Ex Wives Club with Marla Maples and Angie Everhart. What a joke that was and thank goodness it was cancelled.

I predict in a few years Shar will be hauling Fed back into Court for more money.

i live in michigan and you are allowed, at no cost, to revisit the child support every every 12 months. the law states that 25% of gross income is used for determining support. i thought this applied to everyone in the united state, not just michigan

Nope - different states have different guidelines depending on various factors to include number of children being supported, money that the custodial parent make, etc....

Percentage-wise, Britney is not paying Kevin anywhere near what regular folks would be paying. I am sure this is because of her extra high income and the fact that Kevin also has earning potential.

I'm not sure why people think he was there partying on Britney's dime. His rooms were comped, he got PAID for his own party, didn't pay for booze. :waitasec: Any money he lost gambling is smaller than the amount he left with.

I'm not sure why people think he was there partying on Britney's dime. His rooms were comped, he got PAID for his own party, didn't pay for booze. :waitasec: Any money he lost gambling is smaller than the amount he left with.

Some people think if Kevin breathes, he is doing it on Britney's dime. Some people just really don't like him.

I was sooo thinking of you DeanWS when I read this at the people site .. I knew you would comment!!!

LOL
I admit I thought the same thing.. And did you read that Shar Jackson was there too??

I do not agree about the custody at least the extra bills she caused she should have to pay.
But this ... its just wrong!
LOL...you know me so well! :D Yes, sad for the kids that the parents are off partying instead of hunting Easter eggs with their parents. :(

Some people think if Kevin breathes, he is doing it on Britney's dime. Some people just really don't like him.
Nope....I don't like him even a LITTLE bit! :D I think he needs to act like a man and get a job. I can't stand mothers that live off their children's child support either. I think everyone should pull their own weight.

:)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke