All Things Dick Cheney

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KrazyKollector said:
Why wasn't the press notified immediately when Clinton "got some" in the Oval Office? I mean, the press and public had a right to know that Clinton was misusing a cigar.....:doh: :p

Cal--you just crack me up with your stories and the way you put things into perspective!:blowkiss:

Yeah, well the press wasn't notified but during his trysts with Monica, he did accidentally knock the receiver off the hook on the direct link phone to the Kremlin. He almost caused a nuclear incident because the Russian translator on the other end misinterpreted "Payload" and "warhead" :D

Cal

Sherlockmom said:
I can't believe what this has turned into. I guess the only term that I can come close to describing this is Bush/Cheney Irrational Hatred Disorder.

My sister was right. This thread IS very funny. But not because of Dick Cheney.

Pssstt....just heard this. Bush really shot this guy and Cheney is just taking the fall for it. And it's all connected to Halliburton. That is why there was a delay in Cheney reporting it. They had to switch outfits.

And they weren't really hunting. There were no birds there. They were really drilling for oil. Why do you think they were "hunting" in Texas? Bush lied, someone almost died.

I predict that after a special prosecutor is appointed to investigate this, Cheney will resign. Word is that if Cheney's friend dies, Jesse Jackson will be asked to speak at the funeral about how Cheney only shoots at black Quail. Jimmy Carter will speak about how he almost shot a rabbit once. Bill Clinton will speak to the fact that Cheney really dropped the ball on the coverup and he should have at least been able to lie about it for about 6 months.

Maybe Cheney will address the nation yet, squeeze out a fake tear and tell us that he feels his friend's pain. Oh this IS fun!!!

Sherlockmom
Will Billy boy pull out a cigar at the right moment? Will Teddy Kennedy speak about morals and ethics and "doing the right thing"?

I hear that Hillary tried to go hunting once but the dogs kept trying to run her to ground.

You are SO right Sherlockmom! This IS fun! ;)

Had any of us gotten caught without the $7 bird stamp, on our license, we would have been subject to a fine.

http://tinyurl.com/dlkkd

I am hoping that Harry Whittington doesn't suffer further complications. They already said they wouldn't be able to remove most of the birdshot. This is turning into a tragedy.

Shot Pattern Density Calculator

http://www.rfgc.org/reload/pattern_density_calc.htm

Buzzm1 said:
Had any of us gotten caught without the $7 bird stamp, on our license, we would have been subject to a fine.

http://tinyurl.com/dlkkd

I am hoping that Harry Whittington doesn't suffer further complications. They already said they wouldn't be able to remove most of the birdshot. This is turning into a tragedy.

Shot Pattern Density Calculator

http://www.rfgc.org/reload/pattern_density_calc.htm

I believe I read a quote that the DNR wasn't issuing FINES because the new rule and stamp only went into effect five months ago and there is a lot of confusion.

I can tell you that a liberal aid moron from DC probably had no idea of the tags needed for Cheney and I am sure Cheney didn't do it for himself. Depending upon where he bought them, I am sure that the clerk selling them didn't know what tags was necessary.

My experience in GA is that if you don't know, the clerks will only mislead you. For instance, to fish you would think you only need a fishing license....correct unless you fish for trout. Then you need a trout stamp. In GA a hunting license is only good for small game...to hunt deer you need a big game license. To hunt on public land you need a WMA sticker. And so on.

So if the DNR head says there is much confusion about what is needed and they are only issuing warnings because of it, no Cheney didn't get any favorable treatment.

Cal

KrazyKollector said:
Well, if you roll in the mud, you get called what it is.

I am sure you thought the description of Cheney "dressing" the shooting victim and getting ready to dig in, true classiness. :rolleyes: :slap:

Whatever...........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Education and fact will usually eliminate the need to make disgusting remarks about cannibilism. Such low-class remarks detract from credibility. In my opinion anyway.:angel:

Cannibalism? I'm confused. I don't remember making such remarks.

Ah come on you two, we're all out of line here......:D

See my Nancy Grace post for verification.

Cal

Cypros said:
Sorry. I am not sure who you are lampooning here. The grimace looks like Cheney, but the bug eyes look like Nancy Grace!

Nancy! :D

Cal

Harry Whittington, the man US Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot while hunting, suffered a minor heart attack after pieces of birdshot lodged in his heart, doctors said. Doctors said there were no immediate fears for the life of the 78-year-old lawyer, who was accidentally shot by Cheney on Saturday during a hunting party.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/14/060214191101.2fn7vobe.html

calus_3 said:
Yeah, well the press wasn't notified but during his trysts with Monica, he did accidentally knock the receiver off the hook on the direct link phone to the Kremlin. He almost caused a nuclear incident because the Russian translator on the other end misinterpreted "Payload" and "warhead" :D

Cal
:eek: :clap: :D

SB 1192 — This bill reorganizes the existing three Texas game bird stamps–the white-winged dove stamp, waterfowl stamp, and turkey stamp–into two new stamps. The new $7 Migratory Bird Stamp will cover all migratory game birds, such as ducks, geese, doves, and cranes. The new $7 Upland Game Bird Stamp covers all resident game birds, such as turkey, quail, and pheasants. The new configuration would provide funding to all species currently covered by the existing stamps, as well address concerns about declining species like mourning doves and quail. The new stamps will enable the department to improve its ability to measure hunter participation, and harvest of a number of these species. The stamp reorganization would provide much-needed flexibility for TPWD to use stamp funds where the greatest species and habitat needs lie. For example, research is needed for mourning doves, which population surveys indicate have been declining for years. However, white-winged dove stamp funds currently cannot be used for mourning dove research. The stamp reorganization is also expected to provide funding and flexibility needed to research and address quail population declines. This bill was technically effective when the governor signed it on June 17, but as a practical matter it won’t take effect until new season hunting and fishing licenses go on sale Aug. 15.

(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person may not hunt a migratory or upland game bird in this state unless the person possesses the appropriate migratory or upland game bird stamp, as applicable, issued to the person by the department

Breaking the law constitutes a Class C violation of Texas Parks and Wildlife Code, meaning Cheney could:

* be fined $25-$500
* face automatic suspension or revocation of licenses for up to 5 years;
* forfeit hunting gear, including firearms, used to commit a violation.

But Cheney is getting off easy. Ms. Saldaña informs ThinkProgress that Cheney was issued a warning citation, which carries no fine or penalty.

Cypros said:
I believe that most people who just shot a man in the face would be immediately questioned by authorities and not given until the next day to sober up or get their story straight or whatever was going on there.
I recognize that the whole hunting stamp thing was an oversight. This may be expected for someone who relies on other sto handle menial tasks -- especially if you are not in the habit of hiring people who will do things right the first time. He was cited and fined according to regulations. Sending the $7 after-the-fact just comes across as flipping the bird at the system.

i believe most people would have also....they would have here in TN, if the victim had been taken to any ER/admitted to a hospital...

Buzzm1 said:
SB 1192 — This bill reorganizes the existing three Texas game bird stamps–the white-winged dove stamp, waterfowl stamp, and turkey stamp–into two new stamps. The new $7 Migratory Bird Stamp will cover all migratory game birds, such as ducks, geese, doves, and cranes. The new $7 Upland Game Bird Stamp covers all resident game birds, such as turkey, quail, and pheasants. The new configuration would provide funding to all species currently covered by the existing stamps, as well address concerns about declining species like mourning doves and quail. The new stamps will enable the department to improve its ability to measure hunter participation, and harvest of a number of these species. The stamp reorganization would provide much-needed flexibility for TPWD to use stamp funds where the greatest species and habitat needs lie. For example, research is needed for mourning doves, which population surveys indicate have been declining for years. However, white-winged dove stamp funds currently cannot be used for mourning dove research. The stamp reorganization is also expected to provide funding and flexibility needed to research and address quail population declines. This bill was technically effective when the governor signed it on June 17, but as a practical matter it won’t take effect until new season hunting and fishing licenses go on sale Aug. 15.

(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person may not hunt a migratory or upland game bird in this state unless the person possesses the appropriate migratory or upland game bird stamp, as applicable, issued to the person by the department

Breaking the law constitutes a Class C violation of Texas Parks and Wildlife Code, meaning Cheney could:

* be fined $25-$500
* face automatic suspension or revocation of licenses for up to 5 years;
* forfeit hunting gear, including firearms, used to commit a violation.

But Cheney is getting off easy. Ms. Saldaña informs ThinkProgress that Cheney was issued a warning citation, which carries no fine or penalty.

Again, the head of the DNR said they were only issuing warnings at this point for ALL people because it is unclear to a lot of people what is required. The stamp is NEW. Cheney got no special treatment.

Just eating at cha ain't it. Just sitting there wishing that by some stretch of the imagination that Cheney didn't buy that stamp and got preferential treatment. Just itching for it. :D

Cal

Becba said:
I am worried about the guy. He is 78 and this is a bad injury. I am not wanting him to die. Cheney has made the US look bad enough by not owning up and taking responsibility immediately. Aside from feeling sorry for the guy, if he dies it will reflect that much worse on the us. I have been wondering if Cheney was waiting it out to see if this guy was gonna live before he came forward.

you've said, pretty much, the same things i've thought about....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren
Back