All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it is definately a HUGE difference! He has said numerous times that she is innocent. Not "not guilty", but flat out innocent. He better start rewording that before trial gets here or a jury is going to expect him to prove her innocence in the face of overwhelming evidence pointing to her guilt.

I picked this one out straight away too, and agree its HUGE. Between KC's demeaner at the last hearing, and JB saying 'my client tells me she is not guilty'.... rather than 'she's 100% inocent and we can prove it' , I'm sensing that something is going on behind the scenes here. I suspect it has more to do with the team of attys he's now working with. (I bet he hates that its not a one man show anymore).
JB cant go from 'she's completely innocent' to ' actually she may have been involved', but maybe he's slowly working towards that now.
It reminds me of how princess diana used to have to get her hair trimmed regularly so their was no sudden drastic changes.

Hoping for an eventual guilty plea, but not holding my breath.
JMO

Not being rude...I personally have seen more then enough of his pictures. It is all a photo opt for him.
He is advancing his career :rolleyes:

No offense taken. I posted it because it is a family photo with his daughter who supposedly went to the same school as KC. There has been speculation that KC got JB's name from this association. Also his wife is in the picture.

BBM
chefmom, I remember that as well, and I got the impression that Baez had not passed on the letters, so it should not have been a surprise to the A's if their letters were not being sent to Casey.

Yes. They may have been giving JB letters this whole time to deliver to KC and he has been taking them and just throwing them in a box in his office knowing that he couldn't deliver them, but unable to get CA and GA to understand that it was against the law! And now they are ticked off because she isn't writing back and blaming JB. Maybe they even called the jail to inquire about or ask for help in getting JB to deliver their letters, albeit illegal ones, to their precious Princess. This could be why they have stated the policy for everyone. To let CA and GA know that they can't just circumvent the rules. Even they have to go through the regular jail mail system like everyone else. They are NOT special!

I tell ya this group is coated with Teflon. Yesterday, the FL bar found that JB's 3rd bar complaint from a media group up north was unfounded. Any legal eagle's out there that can explain what it takes for the bar to take action against an attorney for behaving badly?

I apologize before hand to the mods and please feel free to delete this post if necessary.
The media group that filed the complaint against JB was a former WS poster and has since created her own site dedicated towards true crime. Not providing link as I’m not sure I can. Suffice to say one could find it relatively easy.

This poster and others did a lot of investigation into certain matters of this case. I believe this complaint was brought about by that investigation by this individual. My thinking on this is that the FL bar might not have taking this complaint seriously but did make efforts to investigate this complaint just as they would any others.

Given the high profile of this case and the relative ease it is to file a complaint with the bar. I’m actually surprised more complaints haven’t been filed against JB. Not saying I believe JB is a stand up lawyer (I honestly think the bar needs to do a serious investigation into him). Just saying that many of the complaints might not have the required evidence the bar requires and the bar may become agitated as more complaints come in that have little to no evidence or come from non-normal channels.

I tell ya this group is coated with Teflon. Yesterday, the FL bar found that JB's 3rd bar complaint from a media group up north was unfounded. Any legal eagle's out there that can explain what it takes for the bar to take action against an attorney for behaving badly?

Well they didn't come right out and say he was completely exonerated, which is what I would expect- they said there was insufficient evidence... to me that is a distinct difference.

Now it's the States turn - they want all of the evidence from JB/Defense that proves KC is innocent -
In language Defense can understand: turnabout is fair play....

November 18, 2009 5:59:18 AM

As a prelude to the approaching trial of Casey Anthony, Jose Baez told News 13 that if the state wants to convict his clients, they will have to work harder than they ever have before.

Just shoot me. This statement is so outrageously, comically, pompous that I'm actually embarrassed for him, and ashamed of myself for knowing who he is. :drink:

VIDEO: Baez’s Client Set Free
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...e=Baez’s Client Set Free

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2..._strategy.html [/quote]

A little clip from the latest article on Jose...I have a feeling he might say this to all of his clients, including Casey. Are lawyers suppossed to give clients a guarantee that "everything will be OK" ?

During his 20 months in jail, Contreras said it was Baez who kept his spirits up.

"Well, I was down and he was always giving me hope, like, 'Don't worry, trust me, everything's going to come out OK," Contreras said.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/..._with_news_13_about_his_defense_strategy.html

A little clip from the latest article on Jose...I have a feeling he might say this to all of his clients, including Casey. Are lawyers suppossed to give clients a guarantee that "everything will be OK" ?

During his 20 months in jail, Contreras said it was Baez who kept his spirits up.

"Well, I was down and he was always giving me hope, like, 'Don't worry, trust me, everything's going to come out OK," Contreras said.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/..._with_news_13_about_his_defense_strategy.html

I was wondering about that, too. I think he must be telling KC that everything will be OK for sure.... probably part of the reason she is so convinced she can get out of this.

I was wondering about that, too. I think he must be telling KC that everything will be OK for sure.... probably part of the reason she is so convinced she can get out of this.
This comment struck me because, I have always had the feeling that he has given Casey more lines like "everything will be OK", as oppossed to preparring her for all possible outcomes. I thought the job of a lawyer was to prepare the client for whatever the jury may decide, especially in a murder case where the stakes are so high. I guess not all lawyers follow this rule, but I would think the ethical ones do.

Is that what he said to Nilton Diaz?

Or did he possible say, "Don't worry, trust me, everythings' going to come out OK. I have a BIG SURPRISE WITNESS I'm going to call and he's going to knock the State's sox off!"

I wonder exactly where she would think she could go "if" she did get off?

We saw how people feel about her and I know for one I wouldnt want her for a next door neighbor. Would she change her name and identity? G and A really should think about this. They seem to like their home. I would think she wouldnt be able to come back or their lives would be living hell.
I dont think this is anything that J. B or the Ants have thought about. People would always suspect her.
I think J.B.should be discussing all of THIS with her. !!

I would be thinking he would just tell her the truth: "who knows, alot of people believe you lied......your daughter was missing and you out partying??? Your trial will be an ordeal, better get tough?" Wouldnt that be more honest?
Also, I dont understand why he does that laugh thing in court when a baby girl was found in God knows how many pieces and this whole thing is about her death:sick:
I saw him break out laughing in the last court thing.

I wonder exactly where she would think she could go "if" she did get off?

We saw how people feel about her and I know for one I wouldnt want her for a next door neighbor. Would she change her name and identity? G and A really should think about this. They seem to like their home. I would think she wouldnt be able to come back or their lives would be living hell.
I dont think this is anything that J. B or the Ants have thought about. People would always suspect her.
I think J.B.should be discussing all of THIS with her. !!

I would be thinking he would just tell her the truth: "who knows, alot of people believe you lied......your daughter was missing and you out partying??? Your trial will be an ordeal, better get tough?" Wouldnt that be more honest?
Also, I dont understand why he does that laugh thing in court when a baby girl was found in God knows how many pieces and this whole thing is about her death:sick:
I saw him break out laughing in the last court thing.

Oh, I agree with you completely. The really sad thing is IF, by some miracle, she were to get off, she would be free to sell her story to the highest bidder. She would be the one raking in the money rather than her parents. And I don't think for a second she would share a penny of it with them. She would be laughing all the way to the bank and probably wouldn't give two hoots about who thought what about her....

JB SHOULD be telling her all the things you stated in your post, preparing her for what might be to come. That's what I always thought a defense attorney should do - prepare their client for all outcomes.

That laugh thing is creepy, isn't it?

Is that what he said to Nilton Diaz?

Or did he possible say, "Don't worry, trust me, everythings' going to come out OK. I have a BIG SURPRISE WITNESS I'm going to call and he's going to knock the State's sox off!"
I believe Nilton D. did state that Jose assured him that everything would be OK. Of course many defendents turned convicts say their defense atty assured them they wouldn't be found guilty, but in this case I am thinking there may be some truth in it.

On JVM tonight JB was asked about KC's partying during the time her daughter was missing, JB stated 'it will come out at trial, it will have to come out, it's the pink elephant in the room'. (is he suggesting he is seeing pink elephants?)

JB also sated on tonights JVM show....
Levels of chloroform found were 200x lower than the FBI required reporting standards.
He anticipates Summer 2010 for trial unless he "keeps getting discovery".
"Chemical analysis" must be done in a "scientific way".
Quoted the Cynthia Somers case regarding bad behavior.
Happy to discuss Kronk BUT saving KC discussion for trial.
My job is to "defend her the best I can". Hmmmmmmbest you can or defend her innocence?? Big difference.
Won't decide if she takes the stand until much later. "That decision is made much closer to trial."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58