DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh! To be British today!

wait...

I am!
:giggle:

:heart: Best Wishes to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge! :heart:

:cake:​

...and I am wondering , does the little bridesmaid covering her ears have a genetic disorder? Not sure of her name

Do you mean Lady Louise Windsor -she is one of the Queen's favorite granddaughters. She is Prince Edward's daughter. She has exotropia. It can be corrected with surgery. She wanted to be a bridesmaid. She is such a doll.

Loved it when the couple can out and drove around in the Aston Martin.

Do you mean Lady Louise Windsor -she is one of the Queen's favorite granddaughters. She is Prince Edward's daughter. She has exotropia. It can be corrected with surgery. She wanted to be a bridesmaid. She is such a doll.

I dont like Camilla but what did impress me was the way she went to pick her grand child up. Normally the Royals ignore the kids.

With all the coverage in the run up which was a bit over the top I wasn't that bothered
By it tbh but when today came I sat and watched it and it was a good thing.
Nice to see so many people celebrating something good.

It was a wonderful, wonderful wedding. Kate's dress was absolutely amazing and Will didn't look half bad either. Pippa was gorgeous. Harry is so cute!!

On the Today coverage, someone reading lips stated that Will said to Kate and her father upon joining him at the alter something to the effect that this was supposed to be a small family gathering..LOL! A bit of humor. Diana would have been so thrilled that Will chose such a beautiful woman and would be so proud of him.

Here's hoping that we will have another royal birth in the next few years. They will make beautiful babies together.

I didn't watch the whole thing. I have just been catching replays on the news.
They are a good looking couple. Her dress was absolutely gorgeous and she looked beautiful! I did see the first kiss. I'd be a bit nervous giving a kiss in front of that many people!!
I wish them all the best.

I'm not a romantic, don't care about wedding dresses and was slightly annoyed by all the fuss on the part of Americans about this wedding. (I can understand why Brits would be excited though but didn't get why Americans would be so excited). I also felt this royal couple are so much more accessible, modern and familiar that there was no mystique for me.

So, I didn't plan to watch at all! I thought I'd hear about it on the news later. In fact, I didn't even know when it was going to be on until the day before! Then, I watched Toy Story III with family and our roommate and after it was over, we turned back on the t.v. and the pre-wedding coverage was on. We started watching and ended up watching the entire thing! (Our roommate is a young guy who could care less about such stuff but he stayed up right with us!) I stayed up til' 4 in the morning (PST). I can't believe it! LOL. I guess I caught the fever a bit.

Anyhow, it was very traditional and lovely and I thought the couple looked wonderful. I was 12 when Diana married and looking back I had no clue she was so much younger than Charles and that they had only really known each other for a few months before they married. Clearly, he married Diana due to pressure and they were not in love. But her son and Kate have been together for years and obviously love each other. I'll admit, with all the sad news these days, it's nice to see two people who love each other have a fairy tale wedding. And it seems like the event is more than just a wedding.

The music was gorgeous and so was the church. Dress was nice. Looked like Grace Kelly's, according to commentators.

The hats trip me out, however. They always have. Bizarre. I saw satellite antennas, giant blue bananas, tarantulas, start trek inspired concoctions, and tons of dinner plates, punch bowls, etc.!

But, I admit. I enjoyed it.

I just saw a special on Kate Middleton last week and she is in no way naive like Diana, she is a grown woman, for one thing, nearly 30. She is very sophisticated and intelligent, in fact nothing like any royal before her that I know of...

I hope Prince W. still has a bit of hair left by the wedding :)

Funny they announced it now, this week's Dateline is a show about Prince Charles and his wait for the throne...

Yes, this is quite different from poor Diana who was a young girl who didn't really know her husband. There was not much love there. This seems real.

Lifelong happiness to William and Kate. She has such a nice smile.

Re: Charles

I think Charles loved Camilla from the beginning, and their marriage appears to be a happy one.

It's actually sad all around. I guess he felt tons of pressure to marry but wasn't able to marry the love of his life due to protocol? So he picked the best alternate he could. Poor Diana. And also, poor Charles.

Horsie Kate????:crazy:
Kate looks happy and lovely.

The person was quoting BadHorsie, not calling Kate horsey, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I guess it was worth getting four and half hours sleep for. It is history and it was happy news for a change. It's a wholly British moment - a real showcase of British culture and pride and that was nice to experience.

I enjoyed every. single. minute. of this glorious celebration!

Kate looked like beautiful! Her dress was timeless and I especially loved the simplicity of her veil. A 100 yrs from now no one will :eek: or :lol: when they see the photos. The closest anyone came to upstaging her was her own sister, Pippa. I never realized how gorgeous she is and her dress was perfecto!

I don't think I have ever seen a photo of Wills when he didn't look hot, so no surprise there. ;) Harry looked terrific, too.
I love their brotherly bond. :)

Call me Pollyanna, but I truly believe they are deeply in love and this relationship is for real. They appear to be best friends and compliment each other perfectly.

LOVED the open-top Aston Martin exit! Nice surprise and it fit them perfectly.

Congrats to all the Brits! I love a good fairy tale, so thanks for allowing us foreigners to live vicariously through you guys.

No, not Lady Louise, a sweet tiny little girl with dark hair, she must have been one of the smallest

My daughters and I were completely smitten with Catherine and the love of her life William's marriage!

She looked amazing. Perfection.

I want Pippa's dress in navy or black for my next fuction. Oh and could I please have her body too while you're at it? LOL she was gorgeous!

<sigh> so beautiful!

It was beautiful! I hope they have many years of happiness. Diana would have been so proud!

When they showed Elton John singing in the Abbey, all I could think of was, "Glad I'm not next to him singing along" :crazy: (Meaning I can't sing!?)

I guess Beatrice & Eugenie didn't get the memo about not upstaging the bride. And Posh's assistant forgot to remind her to smile.

Other than that, it was a lovely service.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back