All things swine flu (H1N1)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You may want to ask your TV news anchor to verify their stats. According to the CDC website, here: http://www.cdc.gov/H1n1flu/update.htm, the number of deaths to this flu in the State of Florida, is at 12 for the swine flu (CDC website last updated July 17, 2009).

However, if you view their so-called 'stats,' the CDC when it lists the number of actual cases of the flu, lists their numbers here as both CONFIRMED and/or PROBABLE.

So -- what does that tell you? It tells you that the CDC is 'cooking' the numbers -- how MANY flu cases are indeed, confirmed, and how many are probable? Why are they even including 'probable' cases in their numbers? There is a test that CAN confirm whether or not a person has the swine flu. Ili's (influenza like illnesses) should NOT be included as confirmed cases of the swine flu.

Dr. Sherri Tenpenny has a great website. Just GOOGLE her name in and you will find her website. Dr. Tenpenny is a board certified physician and has studied the CDC's own stats against itself, when presenting her seminars re: vaccine safety and efficacy.

Dr. Tenpenny is passionate about informing people the 'true' benefits/risks of vaccine usage.

When I came down with it I requested a test and the medical professionals said they aren't testing for it anymore - it is what it is and it's spreading and since they now know it - testing is useless.

They told me that if you have the flu this time of year - that's what it is. They are pretty much confirming it w/o a test.

I saw that the vaccinations for H1N1 are now being readied. :) Heh.

Yesterday, we had a reported swine flu case at Full Sail University in Orlando. They said that Full Sail has disinfected the Winter Park campus.

Yes -- that's called 'cooking the numbers.' You cannot confirm what type of flu it actually IS, unless you do the test!!! :doh:

I hope all of you read up on what is actually going on here. I am eagerly anticipating the conference in October. I'm quite certain I will be hearing some information I won't be thrilled to hear --

Yes -- that's called 'cooking the numbers.' You cannot confirm what type of flu it actually IS, unless you do the test!!! :doh:

I hope all of you read up on what is actually going on here. I am eagerly anticipating the conference in October. I'm quite certain I will be hearing some information I won't be thrilled to hear --

So that means that because they aren't testing for it, you might not have it, but if they say EVERYONE who has the flu this time of year has it, then they are cooking the numbers to scare everyone into getting vaccinations?

I SOOO think the vaccinations are a hoax on us. Ridiculous. I know so many people who get the flu vaccine and get the flu anyway. Joke.

I SOOO think the vaccinations are a hoax on us. Ridiculous. I know so many people who get the flu vaccine and get the flu anyway. Joke.

Hi Ziggy,

Isn't the flu vaccine sort of a crap shoot when they try to predict months beforehand which strain will prevail each season (and then set up that season's vaccine toward that strain) and also take into account the fact that the flu mutates quite quickly between individuals anyway?

I never get a flu shot but I had a disturbingly awful bout of the flu last year. I was told that it did not matter whether I had a flu shot or not because the virus I caught (while out of state) was not covered by that season's vaccine. Oh well...

Hi Ziggy,

Isn't the flu vaccine sort of a crap shoot when they try to predict months beforehand which strain will prevail each season (and then set up that season's vaccine toward that strain) and also take into account the fact that the flu mutates quite quickly between individuals anyway?

I never get a flu shot but I had a disturbingly awful bout of the flu last year. I was told that it did not matter whether I had a flu shot or not because the virus I caught (while out of state) was not covered by that season's vaccine. Oh well...

The flu vaccine is no guarantee, but I will say that the two years that we have missed getting it we have had at least one case of flu in the house. Last February I felt like the world's worst mother when my daughter had 105 degree temp and the swab came back positive for the flu strain (I think it was B) that WAS covered by the vaccine but does NOT respond to Tamiflu. So she just had to ride it out. It was horrible.

Both times I've had it I've been so sick I've needed IV fluids, and once I developed pneumonia. It took 6 weeks before I felt full strength. I will never miss it again.

Also, my doctor told me that even if the strain you get is not one of the ones covered, you often get a less severe case if you've had the vaccine. Not sure why.

I doubt I will get the H1N1 vaccine b/c I don't know enough about it, but the regular flu shot has earned my respect.

I live in Nebraska and have sure had something vile the last three days. So far it's all digestive- vomiting, etc and nausea. Was hit hard and fast and couldnt get out of bed the first day. Right now am much better but all I want to do is sleep. Have never had anything like this in July. The rest of my family so far doesn't have it. I work out at the local YMCA which is probably where this came from, always wipe down before exercising but with this stuff I question if that does any good.
Do my symptoms sound like Swine flu?

I saw a report yesterday that indicated people with a family history of Guillain Barre Syndrome (like mine) should also avoid getting the meningitis vaccine. :(

My 14 yr old son is at camp this week. His best friend had to be picked up from camp at midnight last night w/ fever, etc. His mom just called and said he has tested positive for Swine Flu. The pediatrician said he is the 12th case he has seen in the last 3 days from that particular camp. Keep in mind this is a camp 3 hours away from our home that has kids from all over the State of Texas and some from other states, so who knows how many cases there are if this particular doc has seen 12 cases in 3 days? Camp ends Saturday morning (tomorrow), but I'm wondering if I should go pick him up now? I guess he's already been exposed so if he's going to get it, it won't matter if I pick him up now? Jeesh, this is really scary! Just wait until school starts!

Our school nurse has been working at a very popular camp for kids around here. Her daughter was with her at the camp. Last week they sent 120 of the 350-ish kids home with flu-like symptoms and have cancelled this week's session. At least some of the kids have tested positive for H1N1, including the nurse's daughter.

The nurse is very concerned that now these kids are going home and spreading it to their home communities. Our school starts a week from Monday, and she is convinced that within the next month we will have at least a 1-2 day school closure when a large number of students become ill.

She is not an alarmist type, so hearing this from her concerns me.

They said on one of the Orlando noon broadcasts that we've had 31 swine flu deaths so far this year (not sure if this was for all of Florida, or just Orlando). I don't know if the CDC is reporting the same figures but this is what our local media is saying.

I have not posted much on this thread, but I am really SCARED tonight. (and it takes alot to scare me lol)

My husband, who had Hodgkins 2 yrs ago, but is rarely ill with "bugs", got very ill this morning with fever, bad headache, extreme lethargy, and stomach pain.

When things didn't get better all day and he kept having to go back to bed, being a doctor, he mumbled, "it might be Swine Flu". He recently was in a hospital, studying some charts, but I suppose he could pick it up anywhere. He doesn't have a cough or sore throat yet.

I went out and got him some Tylenol, but he didn't get much better. If he isn't better in the morning he's going to take some Tamiflu.

I guess we'll see what happens, but he rarely is this sick.

I have not posted much on this thread, but I am really SCARED tonight. (and it takes alot to scare me lol)

My husband, who had Hodgkins 2 yrs ago, but is rarely ill with "bugs", got very ill this morning with fever, bad headache, extreme lethargy, and stomach pain.

When things didn't get better all day and he kept having to go back to bed, being a doctor, he mumbled, "it might be Swine Flu". He recently was in a hospital, studying some charts, but I suppose he could pick it up anywhere. He doesn't have a cough or sore throat yet.

I went out and got him some Tylenol, but he didn't get much better. If he isn't better in the morning he's going to take some Tamiflu.

I guess we'll see what happens, but he rarely is this sick.

How is he doing now?

From what I've read piece-meal about our Orlando deaths, this swine flu seems to be fatal to people with pre-existing (current) medical conditions and people who are young. I always assumed when the elderly got the typical flu those were the types of folks to whom it would be the most fatal. But for some reason, the swine flu seems to be really ruthless to our young as opposed to the elderly. Correct me if I am wrong.

Well, he was so weak and headachey last night that I went ahead and gave him Tamiflu. ( we had bought it a few months ago, during the scare)

He felt MUCH better this morning and ate a little soup tonight. He had all the symptoms except cough and respitory, so I guess he would have to be tested to know if it was Swine Flu.

I guess I'll find out if I get it! Yes, we elders are supposed to have some immunity. It hits the young harder.

I'm sure my husbands immunities are down a little, though. Thanks for asking!

4 schools including the school my children go to have confirmed swine flu cases. This scares me beyond belief because all of my kids got sick this weekend and my daughters recovered in 24 hrs leading me to believe it was a virus but then my son hasnt gotten better.

http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=10982147

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360