Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe, I still crack up just hearing the word caterpillar and of course "Its ok, I'm just a little bit hurt/drunk/full (of food)" has become a standard in my day-to-day speech.

This is MOO.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

A screenshot to add to my previous post...I really do feel this may be the place....there'd be barely any traffic...no houses in vicinity for quite a long way along this road....on left side it looks like quite a drop down into the creek itself.

... & to make his heinous murder even more despicable he's dumped her in a place with a name such as Ugly Creek.....

View attachment 24395

Thanks Marly, good shot. Its actually not much of a drop at all , its really just right there on the road side. When we visited the other day it was very dry, you could pretty much stop, get out and step right up to or even into the creek bed, like I said it was dry the other day. very easy access in my opinion. And I am speaking for myself but know of other members here who felt very strongly and/or uneasy about this spot.

I wonder if it was dry or very low on the 19th? I know there was the big downpour after, but was it relatively slow in the previous weeks? I will get on bom.gov and check that out, because he could nearly have strolled down the creek a ways until he thought he was far enough from the road, may with some difficulty in the dark, but a lot less difficulty than navigating his way down the bridge side. MOO

Yes but Min, if it was teenagers and they were walking along the roads there and mucking about - let's face it, they wouldn't be keeping quiet as that is not in the nature of a group of teenagers, especially if alcohol has been involved. MOO

So I question if any other neighbours in Brookfield saw or heard these wandering teenagers?
I think that is a fair question to ask of locals on here - were any other sounds heard near there/close to there that night?

Thursday night during school. IMO it would be odd for them to be having a "party" and I would agree more likely for teenagers to be near Creekside park & Rees Way, but unlikely there would be many walking near #35 & 29 Raft. Gr. Rd. where Mr. Truter supposedly lives. At night, this area would be pretty desolate. I also recall thinking it was mild that night, just before the cool evenings, and their windows would've still been open, in MOO. I'm not saying I believe that Allison left her house again that night, just looking at all possibilities.

A screenshot to add to my previous post...I really do feel this may be the place....there'd be barely any traffic...no houses in vicinity for quite a long way along this road....on left side it looks like quite a drop down into the creek itself.

... & to make his heinous murder even more despicable he's dumped her in a place with a name such as Ugly Creek.....

View attachment 24395

I Totally agree Marly. I have been looking at any likely access spots on either Wirrabarra road or Bunya st and this is the most likely spot IMO.

I Totally agree Marly. I have been looking at any likely access spots on either Wirrabarra road or Bunya st and this is the most likely spot IMO.

I agree too - looks most likely - he wouldn't want to get a little bit hurt climbing down anywhere - wonder if he was planning on an anonymous tip off in a few months so that dental records could be used to determine ID

Thanks Marly, good shot. Its actually not much of a drop at all , its really just right there on the road side. When we visited the other day it was very dry, you could pretty much stop, get out and step right up to or even into the creek bed, like I said it was dry the other day. very easy access in my opinion. And I am speaking for myself but know of other members here who felt very strongly and/or uneasy about this spot.

I wonder if it was dry or very low on the 19th? I know there was the big downpour after, but was it relatively slow in the previous weeks? I will get on bom.gov and check that out, because he could nearly have strolled down the creek a ways until he thought he was far enough from the road, may with some difficulty in the dark, but a lot less difficulty than navigating his way down the bridge side. MOO

Up until the time she was killed there'd been barely any rain at all until the weekend of 28th April just prior to when she was found. Locals had recorded from around 100mm during that weekend which would have turned a rather dry creek bed into the raging torrent...as has been described by locals after there's been such a deluge.

I really do feel that was where he dumped her & because of the name of the creek as to why he chose that particular spot.

Up until the time she was killed there'd been barely any rain at all until the weekend of 28th April just prior to when she was found. Locals had recorded from around 100mm during that weekend which would have turned a rather dry creek bed into the raging torrent...as has been described by locals after there's been such a deluge.

I really do feel that was where he dumped her & because of the name of the creek as to why he chose that particular spot.

:( that is sad

Just a few rambling thoughts:

The $$$ bit of this case gets me. I seriously doubt that big time criminal lawyers would act pro bono. It's hard to imagine those big egos being able to work well together.

If it's taking QPS's forensic accountant many months to wade through GBC's finances, then presumably the defense will have to pay someone to do the same.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to how much it is costing to defend this case? I know its a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

If the BCs have access to such funds, and they seriously cared about Allison, why didn't they use their $$$ to post a reward for Allison's murderer?

Maybe GBC's supporters should set up a "reward fund" for this purpose. What better way of proving his innocence than finding the "true" murderer.

You know, i've been thinking about this quite a lot and it occurred to me that perhaps the point of dumping her body there was a ruse to deflect suspicion because their connection with it was too obvious. I hope that makes sense. If there's a better way to explain what i'm getting at, please jump in and translate lol. MOO

It makes total sense to me BJS and I did mention the same thing a while back. IMO Allison would have also attended scouting activities at the camp with GBC and the girls in the past so GBC could say that she knew the area well.

I'm also wondering if the call to NBC was to get the keys to the gates of the scout camp.

MOO.

Here's a possible scenario:
GBC might be able to scream like a woman...(seriously!)
He could have done this to back-up the walk story. If he had heard the nearby resident (Mr Truter's neighbour) yell out in response, he'd have known the screams were heard and could be verified later to police. Then, he might choose not to travel later by car along Rafting Ground Rd in case the scream-detecting residents were hyper vigilant and noting passing traffic or had called police to search the area for the scream victim.

Might have been mentioned already - I'm way behind in the thread again (sorry).

image attached shows Truter house.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 40

The $$$ bit of this case gets me. I seriously doubt that big time criminal lawyers would act pro bono. It's hard to imagine those big egos being able to work well together.

If it's taking QPS's forensic accountant many months to wade through GBC's finances, then presumably the defense will have to pay someone to do the same.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to how much it is costing to defend this case? I know its a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

If the BCs have access to such funds, and they seriously cared about Allison, why didn't they use their $$$ to post a reward for Allison's murderer?

Maybe GBC's supporters should set up a "reward fund" for this purpose. What better way of proving his innocence than finding the "true" murderer.

Lots of dollars especially if this all goes on for a long time

A barrister will charge for all preparation, advices, conferences and court appearances, a a silk (SC) Would charge around 3,500 per day in court, about 500-600 per hour for conferences, I don't know about solicitors fees, but there would have been a request from the legal firm that money was deposited into their trust funds... The bill adds up quick!

because he could nearly have strolled down the creek a ways until he thought he was far enough from the road, may with some difficulty in the dark, but a lot less difficulty than navigating his way down the bridge side. MOO

Ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding!!!! :skip: That's what I thought all along.

I think the legal costs would be a little bit. But I think he'd be OK.

OMG, this is a great post! :rocker:

Hi all, just have time for one quick post that will be my last on the topic of the screams location which IMO are unrelated anyway. I personally saw the mounted police enter a property on the bend where Winrock turns left into Kahlua. They went up the long easement driveway and this leads to the property that can be seen easily on right hand side of R/G Rd going towards Winrock roundabout. It is a massive home set back on the hill behind #35 and #29 Rafting Ground Road and also not far from the Yesberg property. It is the same colour and design as the one Will is standing next to in the photo which is why I do not believe the Rees Way connection in regards to this report. The marker of GBC house is not spot on I agree, but not too far off given the perspective of the video footage is slightly different to the flat perspective of google earth as seen on the picture I uploaded. Good luck with the sleuthing guys, I was just trying to help. DunnoZo, I will be interested to hear if you agree about the house looking the same and will lurk around to see. Cheers, all.

View attachment 24395

Gawd Marly, you and I must be on the same wave length! :floorlaugh: I visited Wirrabura Road and Little Ugly Creek yesterday. :what: I had a look around at Little Ugly Creek and it wasn't a creek but looking at the sandy bank and how the creek has cut through the vegetation, it would be easy to imagine that it could become a raging torrent with sufficient rainfall.

This is a view of Little Ugly Creek looking to the right as you are on the bridge.

Attachments

• Little-Ugly-Creek.jpg
    Little-Ugly-Creek.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 62
Correct, Bayside, I used to live in Boscombe Road.

Actually Bayside, I've just looked at google maps and it's number 57 Boscombe Road, it's right next to the church, the first on the right as you go up Boscombe Road. I used to walk there a lot years ago and don't remember the numbers. But it shares the back fence with the BC house.

Lots of dollars especially if this all goes on for a long time

A barrister will charge for all preparation, advices, conferences and court appearances, a a silk (SC) Would charge around 3,500 per day in court, about 500-600 per hour for conferences, I don't know about solicitors fees, but there would have been a request from the legal firm that money was deposited into their trust funds... The bill adds up quick!

The pre-trial expense would be bad enough, but then to prepare for an actual trial like this would take months, and then the actual trial itself would be at least 3 months solid I reckon, for at least 2 lawyers, plus people in the background.
Someone who has had a big trial may know the real expenses.

Perhaps the BCs are trying to fling the big bickies at the initial committal hearing in the hope that it won't go to trial. No way Jose, it WILL go to trial! Unless he confesses. :banghead:

Hi all, just have time for one quick post that will be my last on the topic of the screams location which IMO are unrelated anyway. I personally saw the mounted police enter a property on the bend where Winrock turns left into Kahlua. They went up the long easement driveway and this leads to the property that can be seen easily on right hand side of R/G Rd going towards Winrock roundabout. It is a massive home set back on the hill behind #35 and #29 Rafting Ground Road and also not far from the Yesberg property. It is the same colour and design as the one Will is standing next to in the photo which is why I do not believe the Rees Way connection in regards to this report. The marker of GBC house is not spot on I agree, but not too far off given the perspective of the video footage is slightly different to the flat perspective of google earth as seen on the picture I uploaded. Good luck with the sleuthing guys, I was just trying to help. DunnoZo, I will be interested to hear if you agree about the house looking the same and will lurk around to see. Cheers, all.

May I suggest checking out the image I attached to my last post - about three or four back. Maybe 10 back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3