Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A large contingent of SES volunteers and police set up camp at the scout grounds on Tuesday, scouring a massive area of bushland adjoining Kholo Creek, where the body was found, as well as Little Ugly Creek and Flaggy Creek.

Police identified what could have been drag marks near a dirt track leading into one of the creeks. They also found a mobile phone SIM card, but it was yet to be determined if either of the finds had any relevance to Mrs Baden-Clay's death.

Snipped

Police yesterday said they would like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill Rds, Kenmore, between 11.30pm on Thursday April 19 and 4am on Friday April 20.

Above BBM.
What do you guys think of Flaggy Creek being the "drop off" location?
Also "the vacinity" is interesting wording IMO.

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/03/police-find-suspected-drag-marks-near-creek/

Hmmm...I'm not sure about Flaggy Creek...it seems quite a distance up the way from Kholo Bridge plus it would add extra time onto their trip.

Flaggy runs into Kholo Creek up around the scout camp. It just seems too far to me for a body to wash all that way down to the bridge & perhaps too many areas where it could have snagged along the way....whereas Ugly Creek isn't too far at all & very easily accessed just off Mt Crosby Road.

Radster, back to OW..... I asked many questions in the beginning as to why, when she lives in Townsville, and has a family to tend to was she in Brisbane right at the time? most responses thought that she came over the weekend, but no one actually knew. anyway it didnt gel. Highly Highly Suspect.

What was also highly suspect was her standover behaviour during the interview, and her ' leading' the public towards the depression theory, when only the day before she had said that SHE SPOKE TO ALLISON THE NIGHT BEFORE AND SHE WAS HER USUAL HAPPY SELF!

If OW spoke to Allison the night before...I am going to bet my right arm she was not her usual happy self. I wonder if she was so pissed of and not her usual happy self, that OW felt it necessary to come down to Brisbane, you know, just to 'help'

Yes, you're right - there is a bus stop there, although not one with a shelter or seats. And it can't be seen from the cameras, which face the other way (one along Moggill Rd heading towards town, and one along Moggil Rd inbound approaching the roundabout, monitoring that traffic stop light).

But I still can't see the lookout theory as being viable. What use would an alert be anyway? What would GBC have done? And that is a LONG way from Kholo Creek, or even the Anstead turnoff - a police vehicle could go anywhere between the roundabout and there. And if I were being posted there as a lookout, I'd be sitting in my car in the Coles carpark, out of sight, and ready to move again. Why sit in the bus stop at all?

I just don't get that whole Kenmore roundabout thing.....

:banghead:

The bus stop outside the NAB on Brookfield Rd outbound does have seats and a roofed shelter & it is less visible than the others, you could sit there and be hard to see unless someone looked closely as they drove past.

I think the credible element of the poster theory is that if police vehicles travel from Indooroopilly to the communities to the west along Moggill Rd then they would either travel along Moggill Rd or Brookfield Rd and GBC may not have wanted to pass them on his return from Kholo Creek. If GBC was advised by NBC that there was a police vehicle heading outbound along Mogill Rd for example then I think he may have driven back towards Karana Downs and Ipswich IMO. I am not saying this is the explanation but I think it has some substance. As a local when we hear the sirens it is usually along Moggill Rd outbound or less often Brookfield Rd outbound.

IMO the siting of NBC at the roundabout was a rumor confirmed by 2 locals so I think it has some merit but a credible explanation is hard to come up with.

My daughter just arrived home from work and saw 1 regular police van and 2 yellow police vans coming from the Baden Clay home.

The bus stop outside the NAB on Brookfield Rd outbound does have seats and a roofed shelter & it is less visible than the others, you could sit there and be hard to see unless someone looked closely as they drove past.

I think the credible element of the poster theory is that if police vehicles travel from Indooroopilly to the communities to the west along Moggill Rd then they would either travel along Moggill Rd or Brookfield Rd and GBC may not have wanted to pass them on his return from Kholo Creek. If GBC was advised by NBC that there was a police vehicle heading outbound along Mogill Rd for example then I think he may have driven back towards Karana Downs and Ipswich IMO. I am not saying this is the explanation but I think it has some substance. As a local when we hear the sirens it is usually along Moggill Rd outbound or less often Brookfield Rd outbound.

IMO the siting of NBC at the roundabout was a rumor confirmed by 2 locals so I think it has some merit but a credible explanation is hard to come up with.

My daughter just arrived home from work and saw 1 regular police van and 2 yellow police vans coming from the Baden Clay home.

could they be releasing the remaining belongings? what is the purpose of yellow vans? are they forensics?

(by the way, I still havent been able to get onto my friend who said she had the info the other day, so no news seems like its 'no news' in this case)

Usually when I see people driving erratically on the road (or do it myself, yikes! I'm talking swerving side to side a bit but still mainly in the correct lane) it's because they are reaching for something on the passenger's side or in the back seat. Looking for something in a bag or reaching for a phone. That's what I've noticed, anyway.

There eyes are off the road for a couple of seconds.

Just an observation.

As for the something 'unusual at the roundabout', yes, this is such a mystery.

If NBC was at the bus stop at the approximate 2am time frame mentioned by squzzey1 when he reported what his friend had seen, well that would definitely be strange or 'out of place'. But why would someone, even if they were on 'lookout duty' whilst GBC dumped bloody clothes or other items into a dumpster, stay out in the light? Surely he'd lurk in the shadows, not sit where he'd definitely 'stick out like a sore thumb' to any passing motorists.

Yes, the older man might have been exhausted and in shock from what he may have been doing, assisting his son - he may well have needed a sit-down to gather his thoughts - he may well have put his head in his hands trying to figure out how things could end up so terribly (thus the old man looking upset at the roundabout as we've heard)...but why do it so visibly?

Like most of you, I'm stumped on this 'something out of place'/'unusual' at the roundabout.'

LOL, I'm just 'going round in circles'!!

The bus stop outside the NAB is less visible and unable to be seen by the camera imo.

Thanks Doc. I was looking at back roads that might have been taken to Mt Crosby Road i.e.
Pullenvale and Grandview Road

Area never searched at all, though within the "triangulated area". I never understood why these roads weren't scoured for items like phones, etc.

*Pat on the back Gregster!

Fergie - you're quite correct. My apologies - I hadn't even noticed the bus shelter there until I drove home this afternoon when I was looking for it in the context of your post. And yes, it is pretty well hidden and "discreet".

As for an explanation for just WHY somebody - say NBC - would be sitting at ANY of those bus stops still has me beat, though. I just don't buy the lookout theory. I mean - if NBC knew that GBC was taking the Captiva with Allison in it out to Kholo Creek or thereabouts, then a much better lookout spot would have been somewhere much closer to the "action", wouldn't it? For example, near the Mt Crosby Rd turn-off from Moggill Rd. Plenty of spots you could park up and just sit and watch.

I can't offer ANY theory as to why NBC would be there - at least, not one that satisfies logic.

What's this thread going to do for the next 3 or so years while waiting for the next GBC gossip?

Fergie - you're quite correct. My apologies - I hadn't even noticed the bus shelter there until I drove home this afternoon when I was looking for it in the context of your post. And yes, it is pretty well hidden and "discreet".

As for an explanation for just WHY somebody - say NBC - would be sitting at ANY of those bus stops still has me beat, though. I just don't buy the lookout theory. I mean - if NBC knew that GBC was taking the Captiva with Allison in it out to Kholo Creek or thereabouts, then a much better lookout spot would have been somewhere much closer to the "action", wouldn't it? For example, near the Mt Crosby Rd turn-off from Moggill Rd. Plenty of spots you could park up and just sit and watch.

I can't offer ANY theory as to why NBC would be there - at least, not one that satisfies logic.

I don't necessarily think that the theory needs to be logical. There is so much about this case that defies logic. So many thoughts and actions that are not what most people would do logically. IMO

Respectfully snipped.

Fergie, do you mean skull manor?

Original quote by Greg

Which brings us to the eternal question about OW if she was at skull manor and all this is going down around her...people coming and going at all hours of the night.... you really think that she didnt know...or anyone else staying in the house didn't know.

Greg is :great:

could they be releasing the remaining belongings? what is the purpose of yellow vans? are they forensics?

(by the way, I still havent been able to get onto my friend who said she had the info the other day, so no news seems like its 'no news' in this case)

Pest control, getting rid of the bugs! ;)

But don't forget Doc we are dealing with people who cannot change a lightbulb without cutting their hands, who shave themselves and get cuts all over their face and torso, who have terrible reactions to caterpillar hair, who prang two cars within a matter of weeks (including driving one into a pylon in a 10 km zone), who have to look on the Internet to see how not to look incriminating, who cannot remember if their wife went for a walk at 10 pm or at 6.30 am or if she was watching the footy show, but ring 000 after she is only missing for half an hour, who sends Love G messages to his wife whom he is cheating on with more than one mistress. Come on, this family thinks they have brains but so far I have seen nothing in the lot of them that even suggests an average IQ!

All JIMO

Pulp - TM lives at St Lucia. Back when I was obssessing over the relevance of the roundabout/carpark I thought the QPS might be looking at timef frames to get from St Lucia to Kenmore and vice versa. At one stage I even wondered whether Allison drove to TM's in anger to confront her over the following days conference or something she might have learned that night.

Pulp - if by 'smart enough to google' you meant 'stupid enough to google' then yes, they are very smart!! IMO that was thoughtless and stupid (i know about thoughtless and stupid as I am the queen of doing things without thinking)

Thanks for TM info. I have wondered where she lived and if anyone has sighted her etc. Her face is quite easy to recognize so I'd imagine she might be a target of some people's loathing and therefore some might publicly vilify her. I've known many a person/client to enjoy yelling out "home wrecker" to these types. Not suggesting anyone should though ok:)

And yes I meant "smart" as in savvy or stupid enough to google those terms. And I too do things that later I think why the hell did I do that! But never anything as dumb as The BC seemingly has.

To me, and certainly what I have heard about him from people who know him REALLY well he's arrogant and prone to doing things impulsively. When I did meet him a few times he was decidedly bored looking with most things but would perk up a bit if the conversation was on his interests. Guess he's not alone with though.

No Allison's house on Brookfield Rd, sorry if I raised your hopes and expectations of a second arrest!!!

Yep, my heart missed a beat there for a minute! :floorlaugh:

And that's because it IS in fact highly illogical for him to be at that particular spot At that time. It makes zero sense. Even in an irrational state it is incomprehensible why anyone would KNOWINGLY pick that spot. Unless there was a reason to stop there. eg. Parents often pull over quickly for kids to be sick or go to the loo etc. Perhaps he was dropped off or asked to wait/meet there for some unexpected reason. I still think its a very odd route to even go let alone stop or wait/meet there. Or be a lookout. I think this is something we won't know for quite some time unless NBC is arrested as an accessory and it becomes public knowledge in an affidavit. Otherwise we may wait close to 3 years to find out if there is ANY validity & reliability to this particular notion and IF in fact it was even him.

i just found this message posted by Pseudonym while I was looking for something else. What I found interesting is that apparently a female passenger was seen either at the roundabout or on CCTV footage. OW perhaps? I've heard about this female passenger sighting before but equated it to Allison being the passenger. Makes me wonder.

hmmm.gif

Quoted by Pseudonym
05-31-2012, 03:13 PM
New to the discussion . Have a friend who is friends with a good friend of Allisons best friend ( you know how that works !) but word is it was all planned , Sister or GBC's father was an accomplice , & the body was thrown from the bridge. GBC had been wanting a divorce & Allison was trying to make it work. Alot of friction between the two sides of the family for a long time. Apparently at the roundabout CCTV footage or witnesses saw a female passenger. A bit vague on this bit . Sorry . Also its openly thought in the local area , that he did it . Thats all I can contribute at the moment . I believe the police want an airtight case because of past mistakes on the Sica case.

BBM:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7988006&postcount=831"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15[/ame]

Rational.

That has been my thoughts all along. It is particularly telling and very interesting that a person DOES call 000 when GBC did. It happened so quickly it looked a little Suss to me. Most people wouldn't panic and call 000 so fast. They'd usually do that after a couple of hours of calling around, going looking themselves etc.

I have always thought it EXTRMELY odd that if he was up and dressed and the kids up that he didn't bundle them into the car and go for a drive around her usual walking route to see if he could see her. Many people have been accidentally hit or fallen over and broken an ankle etc whilst walking. Most partners don't just go "well not here, no answer on phone, I'm going to call 000" without even looking themselves! Also, I want to know if he even bothered trying to call her or just text? You would think so...even if just for show.

The fact he called police so soon is disturbing. QPS would have thought so also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back