Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know if GBC couldn't search because he had no alibi the night Allison disappeared why didn't OW and the seniors - what was stopping them searching for their daughter/sister-in-law? I think their attitude is what gave the game away and IMO did not help GBC's cause one little bit. MOO

As for 'devastation' - we kept hearing the word on MSM but did anyone see any of it? MOO

Shame, shame shame! IMO

I fully understand this. As per MSM Mr and Mrs Dickie also wanted to search desperately. They were told to leave it to the profesionals but they were at Brookfield Show grounds every day. Moo and can't get links at the moment.

I think the perception is that bugging is a big deal, it is very common.

You know that saying that "loose lips sink ships", I think the BC's ship is going to be sitting on the bottom of the ocean soon enough.

Yes I agree....they were also used on Sica...

One of his lawyer's points in summing up at end of the trial...

June 20, 2012

why his client should not be found guilty of the murders

6. In the five years and eight months, Sica did not run away and despite the deployment of undercover police, listening devices and tracking devices, they were not able to produce one iota of direct evidence

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...e-jury-plea-20120620-20nbl.html#ixzz20OlauftC

I really hoped (and still do) for the children's sake that GBC is innocent. But some of the posts have really nailed it on the head tonight - Why would you not be pleading with police to find the real killer if you were innocent? I just cant get past that!

There is something that has been bugging me for a while...Many people here seem to be of the opinion the HE did it. But the scenario in my head is unless this was a situation that got out of hand, and in fact there was premeditation that maybe he got/tried to get someone to do it for him...but all didnt go to plan. It kinda fits in with the 'self incrimination' searches. I know this can be easily explained away...blood in the car etc. but it is still bugging me...

of course just my rambling thoughts and opinions...

I'm curious about something... not just regarding this case, but I have always wondered... and another missing woman on the news today has brought it up again.
You know how Allison went missing and it quickly skyrocketed into something more than a missing person case... like, I mean VERY quickly. Then there's the lady Angel1 brought to our attention that has been missing from Warwick {QLD} since July 3rd? First time it's really been on the news is today, the 12th? {Correct me if it has been on before now} Now, they're looking at a her ex for some reason... this is my question... how to the police determine what is high priority and what isn't?

There have been a few times where you'll see on the news that police are enquiring about someone who has now been missing for quite a few days...
Not picking or anything like that... but how do they determine this, especially since they are now talking about this missing woman's ex?
I'm not meaning to go off topic or anything with this...

I strongly believe Allison's disappearance/murder made the headlines consistently and solidly for so long (and still does) because of who they are. They lived in a suburb that is viewed as affluent, influential, and portrayed as the 'white picket fence' lifestyle (if you know what I mean). I think the media realised very quickly that things were not all as they seemed, and they knew readers would lap this contradiction up (and they have).

There are missing people that disappear suspiciously, and murders happening every day (or close to it) around Australia, yet only some make the media and dominate the press. These are usually the ones that involve scandal, and people who would not normally be seen as the 'murdering type'.

Can only be because the initial responding police reported something suspicious right away ???

When police are gathering the facts and interviewing you, they will ask questions a million different ways and if you answer differently and what you've told them differs too much, then that in itself is enough to set off warning bells and they'll suspect you're hiding something.

IMO GBC took Allison out to Kholo Creek Bridge in the Captiva and got bogged. GBC rang NBC to come and get him out of trouble. NBC went to the location and towed GBC out of trouble in the Prado. I think GBC planned to drive the cleaned Captiva back to Kholo Creek and leave it there with assistance from NBC after the children had been dropped off at school but before he reported her missing. Something happened on the morning of the 20 April that meant he could not drive the Captiva back to Kholo Creek Bridge before reporting Allison missing. Perhaps after speaking to the Dickies they had reason to call police and police attended before he could execute the last stage of the plan? MOO.

I strongly believe Allison's disappearance/murder made the headlines consistently and solidly for so long (and still does) because of who they are. They lived in a suburb that is viewed as affluent, influential, and portrayed as the 'white picket fence' lifestyle (if you know what I mean). I think the media realised very quickly that things were not all as they seemed, and they knew readers would lap this contradiction up (and they have).

There are missing people that disappear suspiciously, and murders happening every day (or close to it) around Australia, yet only some make the media and dominate the press. These are usually the ones that involve scandal, and people who would not normally be seen as the 'murdering type'.

Meant to add (how vain of me, quoting my own post :) :)) that I also believe the media felt this was a 'water cooler' case - something that people would be talking about with friends, family, colleagues, etc. Bit like the Cluedo/whodunnit scenario.

I really hoped (and still do) for the children's sake that GBC is innocent. But some of the posts have really nailed it on the head tonight - Why would you not be pleading with police to find the real killer if you were innocent? I just cant get past that!

There is something that has been bugging me for a while...Many people here seem to be of the opinion the HE did it. But the scenario in my head is unless this was a situation that got out of hand, and in fact there was premeditation that maybe he got/tried to get someone to do it for him...but all didnt go to plan. It kinda fits in with the 'self incrimination' searches. I know this can be easily explained away...blood in the car etc. but it is still bugging me...

There is a chance he got someone else to do it. As someone posted earlier, this could be the reason he's being how he is ... because he isn't the only one with his butt on the line. {They said something like that, I used my own words. haha}
The BC's have never been helpful in finding the 'real' killer, have they?

there is another video of GBC coming out of the police station with his father. As he comnes out the doors, he looks at the press and gives them the most pathetic, apologetic, sheepish type grimace...its the same one he gives the reporter as he was walking over to her to say he was 'just a little bit hurt'.

He can not pull off a single look of concern EVER. except maybe at the funeral, that looked real. but I think he was hurting for his daughters (ironic that he did this to them huh?).... but we've seen his acting skills, he couldnt pull of tears if he tried

I suppose I better go find the link (sigh)

This may be the video of him coming out of police station.....& at 1.22 he took a swipe at one of the cameramen at the front of the car....I always remember that!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D34mOPcYogs&feature=related"]Search for missing woman now murder investigation - YouTube[/ame]

Also on same video at .55 & .57 I wonder where those areas are.

Sorry this is OT, but I had to post. Every time I open a new page in here, I have a giggle when I read the top of the page:

"Please scroll down just a bit, look to your right, and you will see new scrolling books from Amazon. We ask that if you want a book or anything from Amazon to please click " :)

I've thought about this myself Fergie, and I came to the conclusion that the idea of Allison committing suicide would be very difficult to believe.

For one thing, a loving mother as Allison was reported to be, would not easily leave her children in the care of a man who could very likely (given his affair with TM) have other children - thus necessitating that any financial and emotional resources GBC had to give the girls would be even more scarce. Very few people would believe this loving mother, no matter how depressed, would kill herself. I suffered extreme depression after I discovered my ex's affair and I wanted the pain to go away...but this is a far cry from actually visualising suicide, let alone going through with the act of killing oneself. I neither visualised the act, nor tried to do myself in and I doubt Allison, who had three beautiful reasons to live, would have even contemplated killing herself...and I think GBC knew noone would believe it either.

Second, even if she was to commit suicide, I think her apparent love for her daughters would have seen her leaving some kind of last 'love letter' to her children. If GBC was going to fake a suicide then he'd have the added problem of faking a note.

Just my opinion.

I don't think that she committed suicide but that GBC wanted to stage her murder as suicide. I don't think he would have been thinking rationally in terms of what others would believe but I agree with you about the logic of leaving a note if he intended this to look like suicide.

Thanks for your reply. Sad, but I guess you're right. :(

When police are gathering the facts and interviewing you, they will ask questions a million different ways and if you answer differently and what you've told them differs too much, then that in itself is enough to set off warning bells and they'll suspect you're hiding something.

And also too much detail can set off alarm bells. I remember reading a long time ago about eyewitness accounts, and how trained interviewers can detect when someone is including too much detail that suggests they are 'elaborating' either intentionally or unintentionally.

This may be the video of him coming out of police station.....& at 1.22 he took a swipe at one of the cameramen at the front of the car....I always remember that!!!

Search for missing woman now murder investigation - YouTube

Also on same video at .55 & .57 I wonder where those areas are.

It's so creepy that as the reporter is saying that the children of ABC are waiting for confirmation that the body is that of their mother, GBC is busy dialling the insurance company to make a claim.

good point Pickle and good posts here tonight I agree...I keep trying to read but nearly every post has me wanting to 'chat' about it and respond haha.

I really think you make an excellent point regarding the self incrimination. If he had been planning it for a while, he would have done at least a small amount of research (isnt that what you do when you are going to kill your wife?)....it is very odd that he waited until the 11th hour to suddenly say to himself 'gee, how should I act now that I've followed through on all the other aspects of my dastardly plan?'

It definitely seems like an action taken by someone who is a bit 'frantic' and trying to tie up loose ends as oppposed to someone 'following the plan'
thanks Pickle...its got me going on a whole new tangent..again! :banghead::banghead:

I don't think that she committed suicide but that GBC wanted to stage her murder as suicide. I don't think he would have been thinking rationally in terms of what others would believe but I agree with you about the logic of leaving a note if he intended this to look like suicide.

I agree with you Fergie...Gerard may have wanted Allison's death to look like a suicide but somewhere he changed his mind. I think the reason he changed his mind is per my post...that very few people would believe Allison would have taken her own life.

If GBC had tried to make it look like suicide, not many people would have believed it was possible Allison had killed herself...and therefore he would have drawn even more suspicion upon himself. So he changed his mind and didn't leave one car at Kholo Creek Bridge.

MOO

And also too much detail can set off alarm bells. I remember reading a long time ago about eyewitness accounts, and how trained interviewers can detect when someone is including too much detail that suggests they are 'elaborating' either intentionally or unintentionally.

I saw something to a couple of weeks ago, a guy called Paul who was a serial killer... police were suspicious when he could 'remember' exactly where he was on the occassion of the 3 killings even though they spanned a few weeks. He even went into detail about EXACTLY what he did on those days. They said nobody can recall that off the top of their head. True. You'd have to sit back and think about it.

Thanks for your reply. Sad, but I guess you're right. :(

My husband is a detective with QPS in an area where there are up to 7 murders a year and most of them are women in DV scenarios, some of whom have never been found. I find it sad that because these women come from a poor area where there is a lot of crime that the murder is reported but the next day fades into insignificance but because Allison is like many of us living in a comfortable "normal" suburb her murder becomes a topic of interest for many over a much longer period of time.

I had wondered if police use canoes in their searches.. It appears from this they do!!!

The massive air and ground search, involving more than 80 police and 50 SES volunteers, continued across the town yesterday, with police divers scouring dams, officers on horseback, and others taking to the fast-flowing waters of Moggill Creek in canoes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t-police-station/story-e6freoof-1226341919352

I remember seeing SES paddling canoes and I thought they were searching at Mt Crosby Weir MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485