Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO He/they just carried her down. Yes it has been discussed at length and I was hesitant about saying anything again as it feels like groundhog day.
Bring on March I say

Do you think just down the left hand side of the bridge Amee - it looks like there is a bit of a path walked down on the outside of the guard rails in one of Makara's photos?

Just a thought. The positioning of her clothing may indicate to Detectives whether she was placed there, dragged there, thrown etc.

Good point Fus... I always wondered how people got the idea that her hands were missing (they weren't of course), but if her hands were perhaps caught up in her clothing and out of sight that would be where the rumour might have come from. Does that sound feasible DW?

Good point Fus... I always wondered how people got the idea that her hands were missing (they weren't of course), but if her hands were perhaps caught up in her clothing and out of sight that would be where the rumour might have come from. Does that sound feasible DW?

Love your work MM. :cheers:

I've been thinking about this all day.

I cant think why someone would stop on or even near a bridge on the most main road through that area, (even though it was very very late) after travelling 20 minutes to get there, unless they particluarly wanted to dump the body off a bridge into water.
The Kholo Creek bridge is perfect IF you wanted the body to wash into the Brisbane River and disappear.

What if, GBC decided to go with the suicide idea, and drove Allisons body, carefully dressed in clothes he could identify to Kholo Creek to stage a suicide jump off a bridge, but not a main bridge where he might be seen doing it?

Notifies Dad of plan, and the 2 drive a car each 20 mins out there (as MM says, to an area he feels comfortable with) to stage a suicide.
Cars pull up on the bridge, precisely where the guard rail changes to the guard rail of a bridge, (see pics from Makara, especially the one with the photographer leaning over the guard rail- thankyou Makara.) He would assume that he was then over water, and in the pitch black, had no way of seeing that he wasn't. He drops the body, but oh f"^k, no splash!!!!!!!!!!! What the....????

Cant leave the car here now? Body will be found at daylight!!! Evidence of murder could be found. Plan was for the body to sink, drift into Brisbane River, be attacked by marine life and resurface a few days or weeks later, maybe only as a foot in a jogger, or part of a grey tracksuit???
(this was why he had a detailed description of what she was wearing)

Cant go down the bank. Too dark, too dangerous. Kids at home.....she must be close to the water, will probably wash into the river on the next tide anyhow....

Change of plan required immediately. Leave the body. Prob wont be found anyhow, but forget suicide theory and go with abducted while walking story.

When police visit the next day, they get a bit of each story, all muddled, cos lies are very hard to make up on the spot.

A latex finger tip was all that remained...
MM Where was the latex finger tip found? It's funny you mention that today. I was thinking of coveralls for boots when thinking about not leaving boot marks.
And the thought also passed through my mind about gloves.

There are some great photos of the bridge taken by Websleuther Mani last year. I am not a local so these photos really helped in gaining a better perspective of the bridge and the creek.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8172160&postcount=4"]Bridge Photos[/ame]

There are some great photos of the bridge taken by Websleuther Mani last year. I am not a local so these photos really helped in gaining a better perspective of the bridge and the creek.

Bridge Photos

Thanks Makara for the very clear photos.
The first photo;"Approach to the bridge from the northern bank.JPG (1 of 4)"
shows a perfect place. Looks made to order. Is that where Allison was laid to rest?

Bridge Photos

Just found the websleuths thread with all the photos. Many thanks for providing same. Thanks Makara for providing link.
I have following this case closely since last April.
And got struck anew how awfully desolate looking and feeling is this place. Not a nice place to be laid to rest. (Put a new lump in my throat.)
But the thing that struck the loudest chord just now was the call to the Insurance once the body was discovered at the Kholo Bridge. Not confirmed as Allison. But a body was found.
It appeared like, "Thank God! At last! Was starting to get concerned. What if she wasn't be found? Phase two may now begin. Insurance payout please."

Oh yes - I agree totally. The choice of place may be something to do with the need for the body to be found. But the fact that the road is busy during the day (moderately so, anyway) wouldn't preclude using it in the middle of the night - that was my main point. There would be very few vehicles traveling that way in the small hours.

Thanks for this response Doc.
You are completely correct in saying that the site may have to do with the body needing to be found.
It got me thinking today. There has to be a reason he chose this spot, as he drove a fair way from home to get there, and then stopped on a bridge where there was a risk of being seen. Any risk is too great when you're dumping the wife you have just killed.

As far as a good spot to stop and dump a corpse, it is hard to make sense of this spot.

That's a perfect pic Makara thanks. The body was found above the concrete slab we know that as a fact, so even from the very top of the guardrail it has to be less than 8m and if she was lowered over and dropped closer to 6m max. IMO

MM, what is the concrete slab that you are referring to? I thought she was below the concrete base of the plyons in the flat bit of mud next to the water.

BBM.

So if Allison was not thrown from the bridge or pushed from the embankment, the only other scenario that I can think of would be that she was placed where she was found. In other words GBC physically dragged her down the embankment. Did he work alone?

Thanks Makara - it became obvious to me that this is a rhetorical question - I honestly can't think of ANY situation where GBC has acted alone .....or had no-one guide or be present with him. Even with regard to awards nights - he was always part of a crowd. No point in being an individual if no one is noticing!!!!

Just a query: It is alleged that GBC did a property inspection that Thursday in the area of Kholo Bridge. Who else attended this property inspection with him? It is alleged he appeared at the children's race day that same afternoon with scratches and red eyes and a cut on his hand. So this was after the property inspection in which he claims he cut his hand changing a lightbulb? Speculating, if there was DV in one relationship, what is the liklihood of DV in another relationship?

Doesn't really fit with Allison going to the hairdresser that he had these scratches as he attended this open house. So if they were there from this open house it doesn't help us explain that he got them dumping the body,

Thanks for this response Doc.
You are completely correct in saying that the site may have to do with the body needing to be found.
It got me thinking today. There has to be a reason he chose this spot, as he drove a fair way from home to get there, and then stopped on a bridge where there was a risk of being seen. Any risk is too great when you're dumping the wife you have just killed.

As far as a good spot to stop and dump a corpse, it is hard to make sense of this spot.

This place might have been chosen quite some time earlier. In broad daylight. And then with plenty of time to think about the pros and cons and exactly how to deliver a body to this place, leaving little to no evidence.

MM, what is the concrete slab that you are referring to? I thought she was below the concrete base of the plyons in the flat bit of mud next to the water.

According to the attached pics, Allison was below the concrete base of the pylons. In the third attachment, Allison's body is just out of view at the bottom of the pic. In the fourth attachment I've noted the bottom of the pylon just barely visible in the top of the pic. I compared the various screencaps I'd taken from MSM videos in Photoshop and zoomed, overlayed etc. to get a better perspective of where Allison was.

Allison-and-Policeman.jpg

Stretcher.jpg

Under-Bridge-Large3.jpg

Bottom-of-pylon.jpg

This place might have been chosen quite some time earlier. In broad daylight. And then with plenty of time to think about the pros and cons and exactly how to deliver a body to this place, leaving little to no evidence.

That thought had occured to me too. I wondered whether he had driven across that bridge after an argument with Allison, and fantasized about throwing her off the bridge one day. You never know how the initial seed of thought may have been sown.

just had a thought (yep scarey I know and way out there )

How deep was the Creek at the time Allisons body was placed under the bridge?
Is it possible he/they entered from further up not at the bridge? Pulling a body along the water to reach the creek bed where she was placed?
More than likely not but just trying work out the how if it was too steep and slippery like the locals have been saying.

"The body's got to get there one way or another so there's always an entry point and an exit point," he said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ay/story-e6frfkp9-1226343152532#ixzz2Lbp6mDSe

This thought has also crossed my mind many times Amee. Allison was placed there not from above but from below.

Thanks for the pics Makara. That lady in the black outfit standing next to the pylon seems to have gotten down ok and her nice outfit intact. Of course that is day time but she presumably walked down and no vegetation would have been cleared at that stage.

Love your work too, MM ;) Yes - that sounds very feasible... Hands hidden by clothing, and an onlooker - eg an SES search person - may mistakenly see that as missing hands. :rocker:

Have a look at the fourth photo at the link below. Notice the concrete base once again. Allsion was found just below that concrete base. Also notice how the bank just drops off. Allison was placed there on 19-20 April. She was found on 30 April and there had been significant flooding about that time. It's possible that the flooding continued to damage the creek bank where she was found for some time after, hence the erosion of the creek bank that we see in Mani's photos.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8172172&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PICTURES from our locals *NO DISCUSSION*[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18