Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what was said in one of the statements regarding the girls demeanor
and discipline, I think they might have been bought up not to say much to adults and certainly not contradict them (similar to the upbringing of many of us in 1960's). They are young girls and I would think that so much happened on Friday 20th April and in the subsequent that they would have no idea now whether they slept at Grandma's or at home, and was that the night they heard the screams or not. The children seemed to have been taken to school just as police were arriving, no chance to ask them really. Personally, I would have thought it more appropriate i the children had of spent the Friday with Grandma, but perhaps the thought was that school was a better option to keep their minds off Mum.

Yes and if their cousins were down from Townsville too, I would have let them go to grandmas and have the day with them. The adults may have been worried about what they would say to their cousins, but then again they may have worried about what they would say to their friends at school too. Who knows.

Edit: snap Amee :)

do we know for sure gbc said that to the girls or was it just ow being sarcastic to the police questioning her about what gbc had told them?

Personally I can't see that she would have been sarcastic about that. If she had nothing to do with it, she would try to be helpful to police and if she had something to do with it, she would be trying to look as though she is being helpful to police. IMO.

Yes, I remember that, but aside from the hair app she didn't seem to have the night off as girls we now know were home ?

What if the 'night off' just meant no cooking or bathing kids? I'd call it a night off if I could sit on the couch whilst DH fed the kids and got them ready for bed!

If GBC was taking dinner around to the girls at his parents the girls might also have had their Jammie's with them? Maybe they were having dinner with their cousins and Allison was to pick them up from NIgelaines and they come home and straight to bed?

The time that Allison sent the message "Having fun with your companion? Hope there are no back seats down in snowy!" on the 18th April, this seems to be when he was fixing the light socket and cut his hand. Jody was there but he didn't tell her he had cut his hand.

Personally I can't see that she would have been sarcastic about that. If she had nothing to do with it, she would try to be helpful to police and if she had something to do with it, she would be trying to look as though she is being helpful to police. IMO.

Yeah but it's not the time or the people to be smart alec to. She implicated her brother with that comment. Good onya Live. Why? Why would you do that to your brother?

The time that Allison sent the message "Having fun with your companion? Hope there are no back seats down in snowy!" on the 18th April, this seems to be when he was fixing the light socket and cut his hand. Jody was there but he didn't tell her he had cut his hand.

i thought she was questioned and said he didnt break the light or cut his hand? i dont have the link sorry but sure i read that here ages ago?

Maybe the "is that alright" bit was a question to the police actually asking them if what GBC said to the girls was an ok thing to say to them. Maybe she meant something like "should he have said that?" As she was concerned that it wasn't something that he should have said to the girls, especially the not coming back bit.

[/B]

BBM
Alioop I think it was me. I saw OW move a chair from near the witness box to the defence and sit down, defence where still setting up at the time and she was there only about 30 seconds maybe, when she was spoken to by Mahony, she then immediately moved the chair back next to the witness box and sat down again before leaving after a few minutes. It was a very brief exchange of words between them, I wouldn't say he looked annoyed though.
I also saw her speak to GBC through the glass at times but wasn't there the day she was told not to do it, so can't say how that came about.

All I can add to this is that on the morning I saw her hiding behind the pillar and looking at GBC across the room, both the defence and prosecution paid her no regard at all. As she ran out when the hearing commenced, it occurred to me that I've seen her run a lot this past year!

Hi all, have been reading on here since Allison's disappearance last year but only just registered... It's been great reading all the posts and thanks to those who were in court giving us the information.

Just one question, how do you search? I can't find a link and when I tried to view a members posts it gives me an access denied error? :(

Hi L B & welcome to Websleuths...great to see you've now joined us :)

To search for member's posts, one left click on their name in a post...in the drop down box click "find all posts by "members name""".
To search threads etc...up the top of each page on the blue bar...one of the buttons is "search"...one left click on that...then type in whatever it is you're searching for. You can also search each thread individually by clicking on "search this thread" which is along the top of each thread.

Having said all that, new members need to make around 20 or so posts before being allowed access to member's posts/searching threads (This is why you received the message "access denied".) One way of quickly acquiring the necessary amount of posts is by going to our Games room which is located at the following link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

havent seen this before , Whats the thing about back seats down , is that her having a go at him about what he gets up to ???? :banghead:

does anyone know who owns the mobile phone that ends in 877. The number was called twice by GBC 5.10 an 5.11 on the 19th and and at 7.09 am on the 20th and then isn't called again until late in the afternoon of the twentieth.

Did GBC drive the girls down to Allisons parents on Friday 20 April? lots of mobile calls travelling up from the Gold Coast that afternoon

Playing catch up here so sorry if this has been said already - but his lawyer is from the Gold Coast, his offices are there.

havent seen this before , Whats the thing about back seats down , is that her having a go at him about what he gets up to ???? :banghead:

Yeah about err, extra curricular activities in the back of the Prado.

thanks for that, in the police statement she adds "is that alright' to the end of the sentence, so im just wondering if she was being sarcastic and if that was what he had actually said to the children? seems a really cruel thing to say if he did!

Oh I see what you're saying.

Originally, I thought they were referring to Allison's depression. I have suffered depression in the past and have referred to that time as having 'fell in to a bit of a hole', so I thought that was where it was coming from, but seeing as though they added, 'and won't be back' - wtf? What could you possible mean or foresee? Apart from absolutely knowing that she wouldn't be coming back.

I wondered if she had waited until the girls were out to bring up her suspicions about what he was doing the day before. I can imagine her getting nowhere, becoming frustrated at his denials and him timing her then saying "15 minutes is up, you know what the counsellor said."

I've always wondered what the lawyer said to him that day? "Mate, your wife has only been missing for a few hours now, is there some reason you think she might not be back??"

The lawyer MUST have thought that was odd??

Probably behind with this again, but I believe the lawyer would have advised him to get his injuries documented, in the hope that they may find a dr to say they were razor cuts. Thus the dr visits the following day. I'd love to know what was going through DMs mind that day and whether he took GBC at face value, or if he knew immediately something big had happened.

Oh I see what you're saying.

Originally, I thought they were referring to Allison's depression. I have suffered depression in the past and have referred to that time as having 'fell in to a bit of a hole', so I thought that was where it was coming from, but seeing as though they added, 'and won't be back' - wtf? What could you possible mean or foresee? Apart from absolutely knowing that she wouldn't be coming back.

No matter which way I look at it, it's inappropriate for the situation. Not having a go a you WestOz. It's awful to think that it may have been the truth.

I looked on the 4BC website and you can listen to all their broadcasts but I gave up looking for the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298