Alternate (Non-POI) Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, 777, if there is fresh and enlightening information we might find useful on any of the possible perps referenced in ELOC's well researched book or elsewhere, bring it forth! Until then, we function as half informed seekers trying to uncover the truth in what in my opinion is a darkly shrouded case.

So let's see, what might be new or interesting about Hollinger? Not too much, really. Since he left MN he continues to work with young men in another location with great gusto. But like the swallows that returned to Capistrano each winter, Hollinger faithfully returns to MN to reprise his role in the youth hockey.

So where is all the other information about Hollinger? Well, there are researchers in Jacob's case that probably know this answer but for one reason or another can't or won't say. I can't say I blame them, since it appears to do so would be to dig into places where certain folk don't want anyone digging. And why is that? Another good question. It's actually the proverbial million dollar question.

Of course it's quite discouraging that so little progress has been made, even after the most recent big dig at DR's farm. After all these years, one would think people would just leave it alone. After all, DR has been officially identified as a POI. Shouldn't that be enough to satisfy the squeaking wheels looking for answers?

In a library somewhere near Moose Lake is book many of us have come to know and love. Maybe, whether it is luck, the proper alignment of the moon and stars or perhaps the will of God Himself, someone who knows or knew Hollinger will feel led to pick up this book and read it. Or, perhaps, a class focused on criminology in MN or another place will read and wonder, "why hasn't this case been solved?" Maybe they will be the ones to fan out and search for answers in a way that you and I are not able.

Until then, I look forward to reading all the new (and old) information on all the unmentioned and unmentionable people who may have had a particular interest in young males around the age of 12 who like to play hockey and live/lived in this region.

Will those with knowledge about any potential evidence related to Hollinger ever speak up? Maybe they feel that at this point, it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. Literally.

Here is the info on Hollinger that was posted by SimonSez here . He/she also posted a map with Hollinger-relavant locations in the same thread.

Regarding Hollinger

1946 Born
1967 Offered seat on US Olympic Hockey Team
1967-1973 Served in National Guard, Six Years
???? Ring announcer for the American Wrestling Alliance (AWA)
1979-1987 Radio Host in Cities
1985 Quit Drinking (per 2007 article, and acquaintance)
1987 According to former co-worker, new radio station ownership laid off all but two hosts
???? Attends St. Odilia Catholic Church in Shoreview. Meets priest. Two become friends.
???? Joined Saint Cloud's Star96
1989 Renting trailer on property of dairy farm in Richmond, MN
???? Reportedly worked with hockey players in area
???? Reportedly drove multiple used vehicles from RD Miller in Saint Cloud through arrangement with radio station
1989 Brought in for questioning by SCSO re assault of Jared in Cold Spring

At jail, Hollinger reportedly said he had “done something terrible”
At jail, Hollinger was reportedly considered a possible suicide threat by two jailers
At jail, Hollinger reportedly asked for a priest

Note:

As Star96 employee, Hollinger was given free meals at Red River Inn in Cold Spring. Red River Inn was across the street from the Side Café. Jared visited Side Café with friends before abduction

Family member reported that underwear were found in Hollinger’s vehicle
Family member reported that Hollinger told authorities he never locked his doors
Family member reported that Hollinger claimed his lawyer “had charges dismissed”

After Jared’s abduction, Hollinger’s daughter reportedly called to the school counselor’s office with her friend, Jared’s sister.

Oct, 1989

Jacob fished at Big Fish Lake in Richmond on morning of abduction
Big Fish Lake is less than a mile from Hollinger’s residence
Jacob had hockey tryouts on the afternoon of abduction
Hollinger family member said Hollinger was involved with hockey, but refused to provide details
Hollinger was reportedly picked up by LE at the radio station
Hollinger was brought in for questioning in abduction of Jacob Wetterling
From LE office, Hollinger reportedly called an acquaintance and asked them to call his priest friend.

Note:

Family member said Hollinger told them that police “tore everything apart” in trailer.
However, property owner does not recall police visiting property.

Two people reported that Hollinger claimed he was set up by rival radio personality, resulting in his being picked up in Wetterling matter.

By court order, reportedly executed by Mary Yunker, Hollinger’s sheriff’s file (re Jared and maybe Jacob) was wiped clean

Post Jacob

???? Acquaintance mentioned Hollinger’s “kinky” past, including prostitutes

1991-2007 Hollinger trained High School kids (and at least one adult race car driver) at his home
1991-2007 Hollinger reportedly had a gun (pistol)

1993? Hollinger took classes at St. John’s University (SJU) in Collegeville, MN
1993? Hollinger reportedly had disagreement with SJU Psychology professor (JH) and left program

2007 Youth Hockey Coach in Twin Cities (per 2007 article) (Coon Rapids?)

1998-2004 Augsburg College Football Radio Broadcaster (including games versus St. John’s)

2011 Hollinger lied in press release regarding a “degree at St. John's University”

THANK YOU notebookl. i am shouting for thanks that you posted that info. Of course it was on here, but I sure did not recall it! Now we can find it and refer to it.

What is this book at Moose Lake that you are talking about?

Anyone know who Hollinger was married to at the time?

and don't you find it highly suspicious that someone would contact WS and demand all mention of their name be removed from this site? Especially if they had nothing to hide.

and don't you find it highly suspicious that someone would contact WS and demand all mention of their name be removed from this site? Especially if they had nothing to hide.

Are you referring to Hollinger?

Was that noted on WS? I don't recall it,

Or are you referring to someone else?

Regarding this book at a library near Moose Lake, I believe that is referencing that someone has kindly donated ELOC's book to the local library there. That would be my common sense guess. :)

Regarding this book at a library near Moose Lake, I believe that is referencing that someone has kindly donated ELOC's book to the local library there. That would be my common sense guess. :)

That makes sense.

People make so many cryptic statments on here that it is great when someone can give a nice clear answer

Thanks! Now that you mention it, that makes perfect sense.

Frankly no I don't. If a bunch of people were discussing me on a web site in connection to a crime I had nothing to do with, I would complain to the web site's owners too. Depending on the contents of the discussion, I might even consider suing.

How about Father Gillespie who is friends with the R family so he probably has been to the R home. Do people invite priests over for lunch and dinner?

He went to the Wetterlings, who are not Catholic, to extend support.

I believe Jerry was Pres of the Chamber of Commerce so he could know the priest that way so it may not be that unusual that Gillespie stopped over to show his concern.

on the other hand, he may have stopped over to see if he could glean info of what was going on.

That would seem quite normal to me for a priest to do that when he knows a local family has suffered a tragedy. Then again, I live in a very Catholic country, so maybe its not normal in the States.

That would seem quite normal to me for a priest to do that when he knows a local family has suffered a tragedy. Then again, I live in a very Catholic country, so maybe its not normal in the States.

That makes sense if they knew each other which they may have because Jerry had many civic things he was doing. It really bothers me that Gillespie came to console and he is a molester.

That makes sense if they knew each other which they may have because Jerry had many civic things he was doing. It really bothers me that Gillespie came to console and he is a molester.

I wasn't aware of that!!!

Okay - that would make me suspicious of him even in my hometown where its expected automatically that a priest will show up at any house where a tragedy has happened. Father Gillespie should join the list of possibles.

DPW - David Paul Weiss: Weiss was arrested in St Paul in 1997 for molesting a young boy. He had told the boy about a body hidden at Fort Snelling, and also talked about Jacob Wetterling's abduction to his victim. (Source: 8/14/97 St Cloud Times: http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/DPW_Weiss.jpg)

DPW worked as a paramedic, but also traveled MN as a first aid instructor from 1975 - 1997.

DPW was a member of the "Find A Grave"site, who helped take photos of graves (at Fort Snelling), and he created 2 "virtual cemeteries" online - one to Monks of the California Missions and one to "Monks/priests from St. John's Abbey" - an interesting "coincidence". Once these virtual cemeteries were reported on WS, the links were removed from his find-a-grave site and a new FindAGrave site was created for him.

His photo on his new Find A Grave site: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=95417537

Record: http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/CaseDet...seID=672285551 Case # 62-K2-97-002529

The links to the virtual cemeteries still exist on DPW's contributor page: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=mr&MRid=46988490. The new one you mention (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=95417537) is a memorial for him as he died in 2012.

One possibility hollingers record was wiped clean or his non arrest, that he may be an informant. The only way to "wipe out" files, is a court order or conviction(of someone else). What reason would a court have to do this? Judge would need info of file and determine he was not invloved. Which is highly unlikely. Or, someone persuading judge he was valuable in some way to Le. Some fed or local Le would have to pretty much agree to this or at least lend Le's support for such a ruling.

One possibility hollingers record was wiped clean or his non arrest, that he may be an informant. The only way to "wipe out" files, is a court order or conviction(of someone else). What reason would a court have to do this? Judge would need info of file and determine he was not invloved. Which is highly unlikely. Or, someone persuading judge he was valuable in some way to Le. Some fed or local Le would have to pretty much agree to this or at least lend Le's support for such a ruling.

So what arrests did he help with as an informant?

Do not know. Csn we think of any other explanation for the ruling. I dont know hollinger that well at all. Maybe someone who does may have some insight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back