Amanda Knox Discussion-Friendly Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have put myself in her shoes many times..I have imagined it in many languages too. Italy is not some third world country with little law , I disagree very much that she was so hysterical and unable to understand when she speaks Italian is there to speak Italian, can talk to a lawyer...can call her parents..can handle a misunderstanding and work through problems because she is not an idiot. But even when she has all this going for her she just throws in the towel and accuses her boss of murder? sorry but just no. I don't buy it. I know LE can be very intimidating and she was no doubt frightened , hungry etc..but her own behavior was so unhinged that all this is what took her to a jail sentence to begin with. I don't believe anyone hit her either. I don't believe her.
mOO
You have a point.

I want to believe she's innocent but I stumble over naming her boss and friend. If it were me I'd never set foot in Italy again. I think most judicial systems don't like to admit they were wrong so by this time she should know that. I'd take my freedom over pushing my conviction of slander and be done with it.

Respectfully I think the term gaslighting was what I questioned. I think she is more histrionic. Not that women can't be gaslighters but in AK's case I think she gets really emotional to the point of hysterics to elicit sympathy. What I would call playing the victim.

I have a lady doing this very thing to me right now and I'm not buying it. She gaslighted ME then went crying to others for sympathy when I quit interacting with her.

My opinions and I mean no disrespect to AK.

I have learned I "can be taken in" by people as we say here. I will have to re evaluate the evidence.

Wouldn't have been those problems in the US. Lack of Miranda rights, lack of attorney, language barrier with no personal interpreter etc...

Yeah, but it could still happen anywhere. The public's zeal for punishing criminals means that we tolerate and even accept police misconduct if it gives us the results we need. And we feel safe in the unearned certainty that it couldn't be us, that we could never be Amanda Knox or Kevin Fox or the Central Park Five.

I have not read this but it popped up at the top of the page. When I saw Amanda in Italy, AGAIN, all I could think was glutton for punishment. Who, in their right mind, would ever set foot in that country again after all that's happened?

I have not read this but it popped up at the top of the page. When I saw Amanda in Italy, AGAIN, all I could think was glutton for punishment. Who, in their right mind, would ever set foot in that country again after all that's happened?

She said she never would. I was very surprised she is over there. I suspect people in her orbit convinced her.

She said she never would. I was very surprised she is over there. I suspect people in her orbit convinced her.
attention, celebrity and more attention and reason to continue making a cottage industry out of her story.
maybe she wanted the court to accept her version of events and publicly clear her and they simply will not.
she is a convicted slanderer now. mOO

Maybe she can get another book deal or Netflix out of it.

Why would she ever go back to Italy????

I've wondered if she has a need to be completely cleared in the minds of all of the lynch mob who went after her. That's never going to happen.

June 7, 2024

Amanda Knox remains adamant about her claim of innocence, saying she plans to appeal her re-conviction for slander all the way to the Italian Supreme Court if she has to.

"I will fight for the truth," Knox said in an interview with Sky News Italy on Thursday, June 6, making her first public comments since an appellate court in Florence, Italy, ruled to uphold the conviction related to the 2007 murder of her British roommate Meredith Kercher.

6/5/24

Can She Appeal Her Conviction?​

Knox is still able to appeal the latest conviction to Italy’s supreme court. The AP reported that another one of Knox’s lawyers, Luca Luparia Donati, said they planned to file one.

CNN reported that once a judge files a reasoning behind the decision, Knox’s legal team will have 60 days to file an appeal based on the reasoning.

[..]

Since she was fully exonerated of Kercher’s murder in 2015, Knox has put down roots back in the United States.

In 2018, Knox became engaged to her now-husband Christopher Robinson, a writer who, like Knox, is from Seattle.

Knox has since become an advocate for criminal justice reform and has a successful podcast.

In September 2023, Knox gave birth to her second child, a son.

Jun 5, 2024
Amanda Knox was mobbed by reporters outside a court in Italy. She was wrongfully convicted by an Italian court of brutally murdering her roommate Meredith Kercher. She served four years of a 26-year sentence before an appeals court overturned the conviction. After 16 years, she returned to Italy to face a slander charge related to the case. She was found guilty and was sentenced to three years in prison but since Knox already served longer than that on the murder charge, she was released.

Yeah, but it could still happen anywhere. The public's zeal for punishing criminals means that we tolerate and even accept police misconduct if it gives us the results we need. And we feel safe in the unearned certainty that it couldn't be us, that we could never be Amanda Knox or Kevin Fox or the Central Park Five.

This is so, so true. This type of thing happens right here in the USA. False confessions, police misconduct, wrongful convictions are not something exclusive to other countries. MOO

I've wondered if she has a need to be completely cleared in the minds of all of the lynch mob who went after her. That's never going to happen.

This. It's a real human thing and I can't dismiss it. She was put through hell and if her version of events with LE is accurate, I can completely see why she feels she needs the closure that comes with being completely cleared legally. I can't fault her for that, although I know it's unlikely to happen. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back