Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOOOO . wait a minute here! Everything you do, every choice you make, is a DIRECT reflection of Who & What your are! IMHO............

And KC has made that choice, long ago. KC compartmentalizes her life and actions. Her current actions reflect this. The murder has been tucked away in her mind and she is relishing in the media attention, the attention from JB, the jail staff and the courts as well.

She follows the path she creates, never mindful of the wake of disaster she leaves behind. As has been discussed in numerous threads, she will play the part SHE thinks will influence others to believe the part she is playing.

In some small way, we all play a part in life everyday. Difference is, we abide by society's rules and don't murder anyone, much less our child.

LOL, Nancy Grace just called today's court appearance "Extreme Makeover!"
(agree with dressing to respect the court)

Nancy was being snarky, as usual. A makeover is a new hairstyle, (styled, not pulled up in a plain bun,) with makeup and nice clothes. Well, the jacket looked nice, but the rest... too plain.
Most defense lawyers will insist that their clients come to court during the trial well-dressed, neat and nicely groomed... but not while the pretrial hearings are going on, unless they're out on bail. It's common practice to want to personalize their clients, make them look more human, not like a criminal. I don't think he had much control over what she wore when she was out on bail, though.
I agree that it is quite a contrast, but I think it was a little much. A plain shirt with dress pants would have been fine.

About clothes in court and Casey. Her jacket didn't fit her right. It was not the right size or design. The laughing, smiling, and whatever else she did seemed cold to the loss of her child & GA being in the hospital. Sort of O/T but funny. I divorced many years ago & found a coupon for around $150 for a divorce. Had to go to the mall. They used pagers for the customers so you could shop, that's right, while you waited to see the lawyer. Mine was a scuffy little guy in casual clothes when we met. Well when I had to go to the court to finalize it, he shows up in a suit that's two sizes too big, and it was wrinkled! Like they came from the bottom of the hamper! That noticable. Anyway, got the divorce, and learned never use a coupon for a lawyer.

I think it's an important part of the defense to present a client in the best light possible in the court and also to the jury when they are seated.

Today, was the first time we saw KC with civilian clothes on since her arrest and no bail. She looked clean, groomed, once she was seated all that could be seen was a jacket with a white cami or shirt underneath. A start on behalf of the defense to get her ready for trial.

I'm wondering why no one has taken the time to work with her on her behaviors? I watched today and her body language and her facial expressions in particular were inappropriate.

Do you think LKB will work with her? Even though I am not a KC fan, I still would think that defense would coach her on what is appropriate and inappropriate as far as her behavior.

I think Casey's matronly appearance in court will work against her. She looks phony and, IMO, just like many other women who are serving time. I think she'd be better off presenting a young, fresh, and innocent look (as if). No one wants to send their own daughter to prison for life.

Good to see you posting again CW, I have missed your posts. I agree with you here not only that, but the jacket appeared to be ill fitting on her and it seemed she was uncomfortable in it the way she kept pulling it down and adjusting the arms. Perhaps it was a bit small for her after all the snacks on her menu. I do wonder if the appearance was all an act as I saw no sadness expressed related to Caylee or father. In fact, there seemed to be many smiles and phoney smirks from what I saw. My opinion, of coarse.

I am curious as to who brought her the jacket (ill-fitting and actulally made her look un-courtly busty), who did her hair (weirdly hair-sprayed) and how did Jose get away with trying to slip her a bracelet? Was this ALSO supposed to add to the ensemble?

I think having her mom there would have done more for her appearance than the bun and jacket. Cindy is actually the perfect appearance of a grieving grandma.

About clothes in court and Casey. Her jacket didn't fit her right. It was not the right size or design. The laughing, smiling, and whatever else she did seemed cold to the loss of her child & GA being in the hospital. Sort of O/T but funny. I divorced many years ago & found a coupon for around $150 for a divorce. Had to go to the mall. They used pagers for the customers so you could shop, that's right, while you waited for to see the lawyer. Mine was a scuffy little guy in casual clothes when we met. Well when I had to go to the court to finalize it, he shows up in a suit that's two sizes too big, and it was wrinkled! Like they came from the bottom of the hamper! That noticiable. Anyway, got the divorce, and learned never use a coupon for a lawyer.

Interesting,,,I've never heard of that. Good advice at the end. thanks

As for the aesthetics of it all and the impact, IMO she looked softer and more vulnerable and less cold overall with her hair down and in her prison garb. I also think the whole run-up to this *event* was overplayed. If she'd just shown up in a suit jacket and a bun, fine. But first there had to be a motion by her attorney trying to keep her out of court, and the over-dramatized severe jacket and the ridiculous BUN which looked horrible, cast her in a very dark light to my way of thinking.

The whole thing smacked of too much planning, too much concern with the physical. IMO JB should've coached her in her emotional *appearance* -- that would make sense if they're trying to impress a prospective jury pool. She wound up looking like Eva Braun! OK by me, but I don't think they achieved their desired effect, whatever in the world that was.

This is the girl who strutted her way to and from JB's office day after day in short shorts, flip flops, stolen clown sunglasses and knotted dead baby tee shirt. She should've been counseled then. She was showing her total lack of disrespect for the whole process from the git go. Her makeover today was laughable. More like this, please!

as much as people want to believe that it's "the clothes that make the man" or the woman in this case..that simply is not true..you cannot judge someone by what they wear but rather, by their actions.

Try going for a job interview wearing T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. They will turn you down in a NY minute. You are judged by what you wear and your clothes reflect who you are. If you dress inappropriately, it shows you don't think much of yourself, so why should a prospective employer? Or a judge and jury.
I don't mean YOU, personally, I mean you in a general sense.

I agree that when going to court you should look presentable, but I somehow feel it was overdone to the point of trying to make her appear more like a school marm than a 22 year old. I can't help but feel every time I see her that in her mind she REALLY believes she is one of the attorneys on her case and tries to act like it. From the jail visit where she tells her mother she has to spend her time looking up things for her trial to today as she made notes and tried to look like she was just there as part of the team.
Ha! You stole my word, Angelfire. I was just about to post that the school marm look is overkill. Unnatural. Susan Smith made a similar transition for her trial. Remember the glasses and lace collar? :rolleyes:

Having said that, I'm looking at NG right now, and actually, her look is not as severe as it appeared on my laptop screen for the short time I was able to watch this morning. Her hair's not in a bun. It's pulled up in a ponytail. What else can she do? Considering her situation, her fashion options are limited. NG's making too much about her "makeover". She's dressed appropriately for court. Period.

What I do find disturbing is cheerful demeanor.

ps. It doesn't show lack of respect toward the court to appear in prison garb. That's what prisoners wear and everyone knows it. I appreciate that she wanted to look nice and understand the reasons why the accused don't want to look like the *guilty* -- but I think it's a bad argument to state that she would appear disrespectful to the court if she hadn't put on street clothes.

I think it's an important part of the defense to present a client in the best light possible in the court and also to the jury when they are seated.

Today, was the first time we saw KC with civilian clothes on since her arrest and no bail. She looked clean, groomed, once she was seated all that could be seen was a jacket with a white cami or shirt underneath. A start on behalf of the defense to get her ready for trial.

I'm wondering why no one has taken the time to work with her on her behaviors? I watched today and her body language and her facial expressions in particular were inappropriate.

Do you think LKB will work with her? Even though I am not a KC fan, I still would think that defense would coach her on what is appropriate and inappropriate as far as her behavior.

I agree with you re: the need to have someone work with Casey before trial. The defense is in dire need of an image consultant. I would imagine that they'll hire a jury consultant before trial, but it's pretty obvious they need some image consulting asap.

I also wonder what LKB's influence will have-- maybe she suggested today's makeover? I think she should sit between Casey and Baez, to start. :rolleyes:

And in response to the general question of the thread: image absolutely matters. Especially for female criminal defendants, IMO. I don't know what was going on today, but the attempted makeover resonated as just odd. Casey's hair is also starting to grey, IMO.

As for the aesthetics of it all and the impact, IMO she looked softer and more vulnerable and less cold overall with her hair down and in her prison garb. I also think the whole run-up to this *event* was overplayed. If she'd just shown up in a suit jacket and a bun, fine. But first there had to be a motion by her attorney trying to keep her out of court, and the over-dramatized severe jacket and the ridiculous BUN which looked horrible, cast her in a very dark light to my way of thinking.

The whole thing smacked of too much planning, too much concern with the physical. IMO JB should've coached her in her emotional *appearance* -- that would make sense if they're trying to impress a prospective jury pool. She wound up looking like Eva Braun! OK by me, but I don't think they achieved their desired effect, whatever in the world that was.

This is the girl who strutted her way to and from JB's office day after day in short shorts, flip flops, stolen clown sunglasses and knotted dead baby tee shirt. She should've been counseled then. She was showing her total lack of disrespect for the whole process from the git go. Her makeover today was laughable. More like this, please!

:clap::clap:ITA.
And I especially agree with your comment about her last court appearance-- if she wasn't Casey Anthony, I would have said she looked nice the last time she was in court. I think keeping her hair down and longer makes her look softer and younger. The bun thing was intense.

Did anyone else hear JVM speculate that the bun was a fake hairpiece?? I thought that was an odd bit of conjecture.

SNIPPED

I am thinking that these hearings are "auditions" for KC's looks for the actual trial.

She, LKB, has a minimum of 12 months to finalize those looks for KC. KC is gonna have weight gains/changes, hair style length changes and who knows what else. KC could have all her hair cut short by the time she actually goes to trial.

ITA! You just know someone is cruising the web tonight reading about how today's appearance of casey was received by 'joe public':rolleyes:

I agree with you re: the need to have someone work with Casey before trial. The defense is in dire need of an image consultant. I would imagine that they'll hire a jury consultant before trial, but it's pretty obvious they need some image consulting asap.

I also wonder what LKB's influence will have-- maybe she suggested today's makeover? I think she should sit between Casey and Baez, to start. :rolleyes:

And in response to the general question of the thread: image absolutely matters. Especially for female criminal defendants, IMO. I don't know what was going on today, but the attempted makeover resonated as just odd. Casey's hair is also starting to grey, IMO.

It looked that way to me too! So surprising!

:clap::clap:ITA.
And I especially agree with your comment about her last court appearance-- if she wasn't Casey Anthony, I would have said she looked nice the last time she was in court. I think keeping her hair down and longer makes her look softer and younger. The bun thing was intense.

Did anyone else hear JVM speculate that the bun was a fake hairpiece?? I thought that was an odd bit of conjecture.

Nancy, I didn't see it live, but when I saw the pics my immediate thought was FAKE BUN. Maybe they stuck the bun in the other sock. :)

ITA. The look she has now is so disingenuous it will wind up backfiring. No one will believe it for a second.

Heh. I predicted a conservative makeover for her month ago (I don't remember if I did it here, but it's on my blog, along with images, if you want to google my username):

Hmmm, Casey needs to tone down her image for court to look as waifish and innocent as possible. However, she can't go for the schoolgirl look, because her little girl was the one who was murdered. Showing up in a girlish dress, knee socks and pigtails and/or barrettes won't go over well. No, she'll have to go for a staid, conservative, no-nonsense, asexual look. They need to tone down her sexiness at all costs, since it will only serve to remind people of the many sexy photos of her enjoying her freedom from parenthood.

Of course, it WAS a pretty easy prediction, as predictions go.

I watched the pre-court part too, and I couldn't help but notice that Casey has some sort of strange itch or irritation of her palms.

It sort of reminds me of Shakespeares' MacBeth where Lady MacBeth is constantly scrubbing her hands and saying, "out damned spot!"

Is this a rash, a nervous habit, or a psychological giveaway or body language that should be interpreted somehow?

It was quite striking how she was constantly rubbing and scratching at her palms and fingers. Take a look, and see if you agree.

I know what she looked like. For the older generation it was Miss Grundy, the spinster from the Archie comics. For the new gen it was uh, the woman from the Austin Powers movies, Frau something or other.

It looked that way to me too! So surprising!

Re: Casey's greying hair.
I've been waiting for this to happen-- Lee is quite young and pretty grey. By the time the trial actually occurs, Casey is not going to look very young, IMO.

Nancy, I didn't see it live, but when I saw the pics my immediate thought was FAKE BUN. Maybe they stuck the bun in the other sock. :)

haha! The bun was definitely STRANGE. I don't know if it was a hairpiece-- Casey's hair is really thick, so maybe that's just how it happened? I don't know-- wouldn't clip-on hair be contraband? I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela