Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
for me the hand rubbing is a weird nervous signal she's adopted indicating "lets get down to business", "lets get on with it" with slight excitement nervousness and anticipation

The first thing I noticed on her when she walked into the courtroom was the back-fat "rolls" showing through her sweater. Then when she sat down, and the camera zoomed in on her face was her fairly large double chin. Amazing how her appearance has changed so dramatically in just these past 5 months.

Her hands still look like little white monkey-claws to me, though.

I doubt that KC has ever worn a properly fitted bra....in fact most women don't even know how to properly fit an undergarment but I did want to mention that she has ordered several bras from the jail commisary. Likely the bras have to be an approved style regarding hooks etc...... I doubt that any bra ordered from jail would fit even in her correct size. As far as her hair...perhaps she should learn the little trick to powder your hair to absorb grease. Of course then we'd all be talking about how grey she is. :twocents:

Hi all. I've also noticed that Casey does all kinds of weird, nervous primping when in court. She picks off imaginary lint, adjusts her bra straps, buttons and unbuttons, pulls on the hem of her shirt, cleans out her eye buggers and everything. It drives me nuts. Then she pretends to read "important papers" and then pretends to write "important notes". I also think she's been alone so much over the past several months (which she is certainly not used to) she probably feels a little giddy to be out in the light again. But she is keenly aware that she is on camera so is trying real hard to act "normal". Yeah, good luck with that one.

I'm beginning to associate the hair in the bun with LKB being in court. As Casey was leaving the court room, after she looked in the direction of her parent's for just a second, she looked somewhat mad. At first I thought the look was sadness, I am sure it was, and then it looked like a switch to anger.

I still think the earrings Cindy was wearing in court yesterday were hearts, hard to be totally sure because of the angle of the photo's. I wonder if she was wearing them to say, look we all like hearts in this family...no "red flag there".

Hi all. I've also noticed that Casey does all kinds of weird, nervous primping when in court. She picks off imaginary lint, adjusts her bra straps, buttons and unbuttons, pulls on the hem of her shirt, cleans out her eye buggers and everything. It drives me nuts. Then she pretends to read "important papers" and then pretends to write "important notes". I also think she's been alone so much over the past several months (which she is certainly not used to) she probably feels a little giddy to be out in the light again. But she is keenly aware that she is on camera so is trying real hard to act "normal". Yeah, good luck with that one.

Everytime she rubs her hands together, all I can think of is that those were the hands that took away Caylee's life.

Here is an interesting link that addresses possible meaning behind the "bra strap" adjusting. It mentions collar but in the absence of her wearing a collar I think it is close. There are a number of websites that address nervous hand behaviors but FWIW this is a little insightful.

http://books.google.com/books?id=OSyabEYUCDYC&pg=PA8&lpg=PA8&dq=rubbing+hand+and+playing+with+fingers+nervous+in+court&source=bl&ots=ERRC-PrXZJ&sig=RN0aiPCkJMJrbxf4bIIXN-crNHA&hl=en&ei=yoG6SYSxB4fiyAXk8bGABg&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result

Was it just me of did any of you watch Casey's eyes when they were discussing the maggots? Yuck, btw. Just imagine if you were sitting in a court room hearing someone discuss the maggots that came off of your babys dead and decomposing body - OMG I'd be rolling on the floor, whaling, vomiting, going berzerk. I think you'd have to seriously medicate me or get me the he!! outta there because I couldn't stand it. Kinda different than monster mom, hey?

Just a thought and this is my first time to post...so here goes - Casey seems to be so disconnected from reality that her court appearances seem to be nothing more than an opportunity to be entertained and to gain some much needed attention. She appears to be so uncomfortable and has no idea how to act; therefore she fidgets and is oblivious to the magnitude of what she has created. :twocents:

KC and her mother both have nervous habits of continually touching themselves in public. CA fiddles with her hair and pats her face and mouth a lot. KC rubs her hands, squirms and readjusts her clothing constantly. I wonder if this is a narcissistic thing, always touching themselves somewhere to remind themselves they are the center of existence.

I'm also thinking that the bun may be an effort to minimize those opportunities. When her hair is down she is always playing with it, touching it, putting it behind her ears, etc. That kind of distraction would probably be worse to a jury than a severe off-the-face look. Thank goodness the bun looked a little less like a dead squirrel this time. The lavendar top seemed a bit obvious though.

It doesn't matter what she wears, for I can't get past those looks of confidence, arrogance, Superiority & outright smugness, from a Mother who lost the most precious gift she'll ever have on this earth. No mother sits in court smiling & smirking, knowing the details of their child being dumped in the woods in garbage bags, duct-taped, decomposing for 6 months, while scavengers dismantled her body. Even an innocent parent, who is faced with this nightmare, would, in my opinion, be nothing less than a Zombie!

Just me or has she put white streaks in her hair? (also like the blue-suit appearance.) With all the compulsive twitchings she has, every time she gets in at least one stick-those-puppies-out pose.

Her hair is turning gray just like Lee's. It appears to be a genetic trait from George.
If you look at the pictures of Lee from August when his hair was longer it was more than 50% gray. He has dyed it several times and then cut it very short. Casey's first gray hairs were visible in her court appearance when she wore the suit jacket and more so in the blue shirt.
By trial she will have significant graying unless she pours coffee on her head.

The first thing I noticed today was the weight she had gained. Looks like she has been eating well in jail.

It doesn't matter what she wears, for I can't get past those looks of confidence, arrogance, Superiority & outright smugness, from a Mother who lost the most precious gift she'll ever have on this earth. No mother sits in court smiling & smirking, knowing the details of their child being dumped in the woods in garbage bags, duct-taped, decomposing for 6 months, while scavengers dismantled her body. Even an innocent parent, who is faced with this nightmare, would, in my opinion, be nothing less than a Zombie!

This is what I was getting at in my post above. You would imagine her to look gaunt, pale, tired, scared, almost zombie - ish as if I was in that position would be 99.9% sure I would need medicating. Instead we get someone that is obviously eating well, is able to smile and laugh with her lawyers. It doesnt really fit someone who's daughter has been murdered, and SHE is going to be tried for the murder even though she says she is innocent.

I saw many posts on youtube and also here about how people thought she looked afraid during the questioning about the car. I just didn't see that! To me, if you didn't know who she was... she could have passed as a clerk or another lawyer at the table. She has obviously been coached to look interested and attentive. She is certainly doing that. She appears to be fully engaged and listening. She never looks away and she didn't look bored (except for once when she stifled the yawn.)
I bet that they have probably told her to be careful not to smile "too much" because she seems to have reigned in the smiling.
She is doing her job as a defendant...of posing as an innocent person. If she was a zombie wreck (like we would all like her to be) that would be fodder for the pundits to say...see the guilt on her face? Casey would have probably made a pretty fair actress. She's a natural "actor"...in a chameleon way.

I noticed that KC's chair was much lower than JB's & LKB's. I would imagine this is to make KC look more child-like, as if she is too young, too little to carry out such a crime. Trial strategy, no doubt. Desperate measures for desperate times.

Most attorneys will tell their client not to react in the courtroom because you never know how it will be perceived. If you cry, some will say it is fake, if you laugh, some will say you aren't taking the crime serious, etc.

Could KC have used gel in her hair to give it that smacked down, greasy look? I also think they put her hair up to keep her from nervously playing with it. Ditto with the sweater (no buttons to play with), but they forgot the one button on the outside sweater. LOL

Do you remember the Menendez case? The attorney L. Abramson put both men in sweaters to make them appear younger. I think they are doing the same with KC.

As for her hair, I think she looks younger with her hair down, with the sides pulled to the back. It reminds me of a little girl. And why was she so short yesterday? She looked tiny inbetween JB and LKB.

Regardless of all of the above, they need to find her something to fiddle with in court other than herself. I also agree with whoever said she had on too much eye makeup.

All JMO-Sue

She picks off imaginary lint, adjusts her bra straps, buttons and unbuttons, pulls on the hem of her shirt, cleans out her eye buggers and everything.

ROFL!!!! **holding my sides*** HILARIOUS!! I have noticed this too!! And I thought I was overly observant!! **catching breath**

I think once testimony begins in the trial is when it will really become interesting.

Most attorneys will tell their client not to react in the courtroom because you never know how it will be perceived. If you cry, some will say it is fake, if you laugh, some will say you aren't taking the crime serious, etc.

Could KC have used gel in her hair to give it that smacked down, greasy look? I also think they put her hair up to keep her from nervously playing with it. Ditto with the sweater (no buttons to play with), but they forgot the one button on the outside sweater. LOL

Do you remember the Menendez case? The attorney L. Abramson put both men in sweaters to make them appear younger. I think they are doing the same with KC.

As for her hair, I think she looks younger with her hair down, with the sides pulled to the back. It reminds me of a little girl. And why was she so short yesterday? She looked tiny inbetween JB and LKB.

Regardless of all of the above, they need to find her something to fiddle with in court other than herself. I also agree with whoever said she had on too much eye makeup.

All JMO-Sue
Personally, I think she looks better with her hair up, however, it may look better if it were up in a ponytail as opposed to a bun. It didn't look good to me down the last time, since she has gained some weight. To me her face looked more plump, but that's me.

In some of her previous pictures when she was thinner, she looked really nice with long hair. Now, she doesn't look as good, but it may be because she hasn't had it styled (or washed) in awhile. Jail can make one look less appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela