Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her internet sleuth link is kinda interesting...:)

Maybe she will stop alot of this circus he has going on but then again he may still be ringleader

ADL, aka the angel of the death row.. She seems impossibly sophisticated considering rest of the "dream team". She sure has an outstanding record of winning all of her 18 dp cases and has not been "defeated" yet. Notice I said "yet".

Wonder how JB got KC talked into this new lawyer. Bet she won't like her cuz she is a she.

I watched her videos on her website - She seems a little odd to me - she'll fit right in with this case.
Who calls themself an "Angel of Death Row"?
Whatever - I want KC to have good representation so no cause for appeal.
I don't really care if she gets the DP - I think that's easier than LWOP.

My Grandpa used to say:
"All the world is 'tetched' but me and thee
and even thee is a little 'tetched' . . ."

http://www.andrealyon.com/index.html

She has a book due out next year. Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing!

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer", the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney.

Read a firsthand account of her fight - not only for the lives of her clients - but also for her rightful place in the courtroom.

Odd, that's how I'd expect the cover of JB's first book to read.

Maybe she will stop alot of this circus he has going on but then again he may still be ringleader

Oh I think she will be stopping Baez in his tracks. I'm sure she already told Baez before she even signed on what she expects from him..She has a very impressive record and I don't think Baez will be dictating to her. I think Baez will only be kept on to do coffee run's for her.

ADL, aka the angel of the death row.. She seems impossibly sophisticated considering rest of the "dream team". She sure has an outstanding record of winning all of her 18 dp cases and has not been "defeated" yet. Notice I said "yet".

I thought I read somewhere that is was 19 out of 30 possible DP cases, no? Also, I'm not so sure JB would hire someone he would have to take a backseat to. If she is from Chicago, it might allow JB to still be out front in the media down in FL. I'm just wondering if she is going to go along with the SODDI defense?

Still wondering how all of this is being paid for as we all know Casey was nothing more than a pauper alledgedly stealing from AH and others before all this came down. She hasn't worked in I believe 2yrs. Lawyers do not just do this kind of work out of the goodness of there hearts. This kind of defense cost a lot of money. Remember OJ defense team put him close to the bankruptcy court. (not sure if this belongs here if not sorry and remove if necessary)

I figure she will take what the state will give her .... and have free publicity like others have said on her book....and then probably write another book on this trial! JMO :waitasec:

Yes, this brings a bit of sophistication to the defense team, but so what? Her expertise will be used only in avoiding the death penalty, not in determining Casey's eventual guilt or innocence.
This is what I want to know...how much of a part will she play in the trial, will the sentencing phase be where she takes lead or before then ?

Please forgive me----stayed up all night so I wouldn't miss this big show--now I am nearly blind. Can somebody please tell me how many cases she won out how many she tried---did any ovem go free?

Andrea Lyon - Casey's new atty - Impressive!

Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, DePaul Law Professor

http://www.andrealyon.com/andrea1-crimson2_004.htm

My Favorite Links
National Criminal Defense College
Juror number Six
Internet Sleuth
Death Penalty
Information Center

Center for Justice
in Capital Cases

She first worked for the Cook County Public Defenders' Office-in the felony trial division, post-conviction/habeas corpus unit, preliminary hearing/first municipal (misdemeanor) unit, and the appeals division. Her last position there was Chief of the Homicide Task Force, a 22-lawyer unit that represents persons accused of homicide.

Andrea has tried more than 130 homicide cases, both within the public defender's office and elsewhere. She has defended more than 30 potential capital cases at the trial level. Of these, she has taken 19 through the penalty phase, and won them all.

In 1990, she founded the Illinois Capital Resource Center and served as its director until joining the University of Michigan Law School faculty in 1995 as an Assistant Clinical Professor. In 2000, she joined the faculty at DePaul.

Professor Lyon is a graduate of Rutgers University and the Antioch School of Law.
Andrea Lyon

Andrea D. Lyon works to promote social justice, equity and improvement in the criminal justice system. She is an attorney, educator and author.

At DePaul University College of Law, Prof. Lyon serves as Clinical Professor of Law, Associate Dean for Clinical Programs, and Director of the Center for Justice in Capital Cases.

And now, The Crusader! That's her schtick more than $ or fame or name-in-lights.
"Angel of Death Row:" From her site: "Fighting for lives, believing in redemption."
Get the choir ready coz the preachin's a comin'.

Please forgive me----stayed up all night so I wouldn't miss this big show--now I am nearly blind. Can somebody please tell me how many cases she won out how many she tried---did any ovem go free?
Hi MB...

She has defended more than 30 potential capital cases at the trial level. Of these, she has taken 19 through the penalty phase, and won them all.

I take this to mean that out of these 30 capital cases, DP, she got 19 out of a death sentence, not a not guilty verdict. Probably the 19 ended up with LWOP sentences...

I believe she successfully argued 19 of the DP cases she took before the Court. Out of how many, I can't recall.

This is what I want to know...how much of a part will she play in the trial, will the sentencing phase be where she takes lead or before then ?

They've been saying on the news down here for some time that a DP qualified lawyer should have been retained and taking the LEAD in this case as soon as the DP was put back on the table. Especially all the depos that have been taken already. A lot of room for them to say JB wasn't qualified and didn't ask the right questions in preparing for the trial through depos.

Reading about her I think she will give JB a run for his money but I don't think he'll be doing coffee runs or fading into the background. Should make for some interesting situations. The last DP lawyer they had wouldn't come back when the DP was put back because he said JB wouldn't listen to his advice... so we'll see.

On the "Juror Number Six" link, interestingly enough, there is a part that mentions NG and her coverage of the OJ trial. This is a documentary, internet film, by Rachel Lyon (is this Andrea's sister ?).

"Opening with the racially charged media monster case of all time: the O.J. Simpson murder trial. “Before O.J. Simpson, there was no Nancy Grace. Before O.J. Simpson, we didn’t have these programs that can around-the-clock cover crime and news the way that it does,” states Charles Ogletree Jr. of Harvard Law School."

http://www.jurornumbersix.com/

No offense guys, but this team has already been through one DP qualified attorney who had "creative" differences with JB. I am going to take a back seat to see how long this one will last. I remember all of the brou-ha-ha regarding Kathy Reichs joining the team and now I hear crickets chirping from her corner. This is suspiciously timed for Andrea's book role out, but then again I am kind of a cynic.

ps. i was hoping to see mark gregos.. i'm dissapointed

:D

Still wondering how all of this is being paid for as we all know Casey was nothing more than a pauper alledgedly stealing from AH and others before all this came down. She hasn't worked in I believe 2yrs. Lawyers do not just do this kind of work out of the goodness of there hearts. This kind of defense cost a lot of money. Remember OJ defense team put him close to the bankruptcy court. (not sure if this belongs here if not sorry and remove if necessary)

She sold picures and videos of Caylee, that's how .. :behindbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member