Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would TES volunteers having hot dogs for lunch be discovery? By definition:

DISCOVERY - Part of the pre-trial litigation process during which each party requests relevant information and documents from the other side in an attempt to "discover" pertinent facts. Generally discovery devices include depositions, interogatories, requests for admissions, document production requests and requests for inspection.

If a piece of information is not relevant, by definition, it cannot be discovery. The word relevant implies a traceable, significant, logical connection.

My simple illustration notwithstanding, I stand by my assertion. Do you assert that an appellate court would send any case back for the withholding "any" discovery, as I understood you to imply, or do you agree with me that to be cause for a retrial the defense would have to show that access to that evidence may have changed the outcome at trial?

I don't know what you're talking about and it has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. It appears to me that you are trying to prove that the defense is "all bad" and the prosecution is "all good" in the Casey Anthony case and anyone who disagrees with this is wrong. But that's just not reality in or out of court.

Princess, you have alleged that there have been deliberate acts of omission re: evidence by the state. That the state is "playing games" with the evidence.

You also stated that the judge admonished state for one such omission.

Please just post the link that supports your statement, and we'll be done with all this.

Easy one! Just the link! Thanks, much.

BTW-- Re, your WONDERFUL dispenser..

I read that some folks on another forum DID send JB some boxes of straws. :eek:

omigod, that is JUST SO FUNNY!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha
:bowdown: :toast: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Wish I would have thought of that... hmmmm.... nawwww, better not. :crazy:

omigod, that is JUST SO FUNNY!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha
:bowdown: :toast: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Wish I would have thought of that... hmmmm.... nawwww, better not. :crazy:

But...whaddaya bet he doesn't get it? :confused:;-)

Uh.. what are all these straws for? :confused:

Somebody said she sent a CASE, BTW.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Renewed%20Motion%20to%20Compel%20Bench%20Notes,%20Standards,%20Data,%20and%20Communications%20with%20Law%20Enforcement,%20et%20al.PDF

I NEVER said there was any violation by the prosecutor so far, but after the above renewed motion to compel, the prosecution is now walking a fine line, IMO. Giving false information in court and passing the wrong name of whom to get the information from to the defense has the appearance of game-playing, ignorance or lying. (Page 2, paragraph 2.) Of course, I'm sure Ashton will plead ignorance - but is the rest of the prosecution team also ignorant? They allowed this misinformation to stand and made no attempt to correct it in court or to the defense.

Princess, The name was correct, the phone number was incorrect. Did you read page 37 of the Renewed Motion? LKB's letter to Choi?

Baez TRIED to make it sound much more than it was in his motion, but it appears that he blew things out of proportion. It's called Grandstanding.

You are basing your whole theory of the prosecution giving bad info to the defense on a wrong phone number?

I reviewed the 14 videos of the January 8, 2009 hearing. I saw nothing approaching the prosecution being admonished by the court. Quite the contrary. Watching this trial anew, I was quite taken aback at the orders rendered regarding pictures of Caylee's remains. The court certainly didn't take JB's word that he wouldn't sell the photos.

If there is another video that includes an admonishment or a transcript to show same, I will concede that I was wrong about this. Until such corroboration is presented, I think we can all assume it does not exist.

BTW, has anybody else noticed that since Andrea L has come into this case that they have created a new "tag line"? That gets repeated over and Over and OVER and it's becoming nauseating (to me at least).

Her LIFE is ON THE LINE! With small variations, of course. They keep POUNDING it.

Is this some kind of attempt at a public sympathy strategy?

Of course, we ALL know that Casey's LIFE would NOT be on the LINE if she had simply reported her child MISSING or DECEASED BY ACCIDENT or whatever happened - ON DAY ONE, when CAYLEE's life was on the line.

Grrrrr.

I have removed a handful of posts that are very personal in nature towards other posters.
please stop it. Discuss don't accuse and demand. this is to everyone.
please and thank you....carry on.

Just speaking for myself ,it's very obvious to me that the prosecution team is far more experienced and prepared than the defense team. I can't imagine why the defendent has stuck with JB .I'm sure she could have done much better.There are defense attorneys that actually know how to write contracts and motions. JMO

When Casey met JB I don't think she was as interested in his abilities as an attorney as she was in his other abilitys! She probably thinks he is doing a great job and I'm sure that he has her convinced that she is going to walk out the courtroom doors after the trial. In reality, she doesn't know the first thing about what a criminal attorney is supposed to do and she just takes his word for fact. She probably really thinks she has it made with all of the attorneys she has.

Regardless of the spin, smoke and mirrors the defense team is putting on....Casey will be lucky is she doesn't get the death penalty. She is not walking out of the courtroom after the trial. The Pros is doing a fantastic job gathering evidence and checking everything three times. There is so much evidence against Casey that it is a wonder she didn't drown in it. She murdered her baby girl and she will pay a huge price for doing that. May you never rest in piece no matter where you are Casey Anthony.

This case won't go to a mistrial or appeal. The Pros is great and are carefully pulling their case together. They aren't going to make any mistakes. They want to see Casey pay for what she did to little Caylee as much as most of us do. I wouldn't worry for a second.

If the Defense need until next June to have the trial I would say they are the ones with a problem. Why in the world do they need that much time for pity sake. If Lyons has to much other stuff going on then she shouldn't have taken this case in the first place. One defense attorney is holding up the trial for another year!! Figures.

I am not so sure that the defense ppl won't find something to base an appeal on, I expect they will. Doesn't mean it will fly, or even if does get heard, that it will change anything in the long run.

This is one case that doesn't depend on the precise details.. it doesn't matter if Caylee died on the 15th of June or the 16th, for example..and no simple clerical error is going to derail it either..

It is not worth squabbling over minor discrepencies, they occur in every trial, and I am sure this one is going to have it's share.. what counts though is what the jury has to say, and if they are a jury of average, everyday, fair minded people, then justice will be served.

Also wasn't it around this time that JB had an outstanding balance with the Clerks office for not paying for copies of the information he requested? Just thinking that might be why the state said he could come have a look and take pictures but they weren't making him copies because of the size (ie cost).

That was before the body was found, and it was the OCSO that spent time and money compiling all the Tips Baez had asked for, and he balked at paying around $800 for them, IIRC.

The large calendar issue was resolved by Baez sending some interns out to take pictures of the large calendar, also IIRC. I don't recall Judge Strickland making a huge issue out of it with the prosecution, either. Basically, he said Git'r Done. heh

That was before the body was found, and it was the OCSO that spent time and money compiling all the Tips Baez had asked for, and he balked at paying around $800 for them, IIRC.

The large calendar issue was resolved by Baez sending some interns out to take pictures of the large calendar, also IIRC. I don't recall Judge Strickland making a huge issue out of it with the prosecution, either. Basically, he said Git'r Done. heh

Thanks Muzikman I wasn't sure when the time frame was for that. So yeah Baez did get his copies of the calender. I thought that had already been cleared up.

From reading the motion (well skimming through it) to further compel discovery evidence. It looks like the defense is asking for a lot of information that the prosecution wouldn't have and that the agencies that the defense is asking from are objecting too.

For example Dr. Vass' financial backing info for the last 12 years. Seems to me from my reading that the defense didn't get alot of the information they are seeking not because the prosecution is playing "hide the ball", but because the defense is asking for info that's overly broad and some what irrelevant to the case at hand and these agencies are objecting to providing.

It also looks like the defense didn't do any research on Oak Ridge as some of the information the defense is requesting does not apply to Oak Ridge.

Kind of like when the defense was asking for everyones phone records but not specifying dates that were relevant to the murders.

It also looks as though Ahston talked with Dr. Choi from the FBI about releasing the info to the defense but it was the FBI that was not comfortable releasing the information.

From reading LDB's letter it looks like the issue was cleared up and that the FBI is going to pass on the requested information it has to the prosecution and the prosecution can hand it to the defense once the prosecution receives it. Because the FBI was uncomfortable with giving it directly to the private defense lawyers.

I'm also with Muzikman on this that it seems like a lot of grand standing. Also one must keep in mind that the FBI is beyond the control and jurisdiction of the Florida court. So Judge Strickland can't really order the FBI to do anything regardless of how many motions are filed.

No doubt in my mind that's why the state insisted on her presence in the courtroom. Wonder if the performance of her team, AL included, was the cause of some of her upset at the last hearing?

I think she was upset for two reasons: 1) she is being forced to attend the hearings. She can barely stay awake! She wants to sit in her cell, and have JB just get her out of jail. 2) I suspect Mme. Esquire read her the runes about behavior that morning, or the day before. She was prolly upset about the talking-to.

Thanks Muzikman I wasn't sure when the time frame was for that. So yeah Baez did get his copies of the calender. I thought that had already been cleared up.

From reading the motion (well skimming through it) to further compel discovery evidence. It looks like the defense is asking for a lot of information that the prosecution wouldn't have and that the agencies that the defense is asking from are objecting too.

For example Dr. Vass' financial backing info for the last 12 years. Seems to me from my reading that the defense didn't get alot of the information they are seeking not because the prosecution is playing "hide the ball", but because the defense is asking for info that's overly broad and some what irrelevant to the case at hand and these agencies are objecting to providing.

It also looks like the defense didn't do any research on Oak Ridge as some of the information the defense is requesting does not apply to Oak Ridge.

Kind of like when the defense was asking for everyones phone records but not specifying dates that were relevant to the murders.

It also looks as though Ahston talked with Dr. Choi from the FBI about releasing the info to the defense but it was the FBI that was not comfortable releasing the information.

From reading LDB's letter it looks like the issue was cleared up and that the FBI is going to pass on the requested information it has to the prosecution and the prosecution can hand it to the defense once the prosecution receives it. Because the FBI was uncomfortable with giving it directly to the private defense lawyers.

I'm also with Muzikman on this that it seems like a lot of grand standing. Also one must keep in mind that the FBI is beyond the control and jurisdiction of the Florida court. So Judge Strickland can't really order the FBI to do anything regardless of how many motions are filed.

Overly broad-- and like asking for the list of TES volunteers who searched the area, but not specifying area.

Well, in a few years we'll see JB's law students out.... practicing!:eek:

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

BTW-- Does JB think they are REALLY going to get through all this superfluous stuff?

How many years does his client have to wait in the slam for her trial?

But, as was said in shooting class-- you don't have to aim a shotgun. Just point it.

BTW, has anybody else noticed that since Andrea L has come into this case that they have created a new "tag line"? That gets repeated over and Over and OVER and it's becoming nauseating (to me at least).

Her LIFE is ON THE LINE! With small variations, of course. They keep POUNDING it.

Is this some kind of attempt at a public sympathy strategy?

Of course, we ALL know that Casey's LIFE would NOT be on the LINE if she had simply reported her child MISSING or DECEASED BY ACCIDENT or whatever happened - ON DAY ONE, when CAYLEE's life was on the line.

Grrrrr.

Many bad jingles have sold products!

But.. no matter what trick they try to pull, the best she will likely get is LWOP.

Just speaking for myself ,it's very obvious to me that the prosecution team is far more experienced and prepared than the defense team. I can't imagine why the defendent has stuck with JB .I'm sure she could have done much better.There are defense attorneys that actually know how to write contracts and motions. JMO

BBM
And have copies of the Motions and Contracts delivered to ALL the proper parties :rolleyes:

BBM
That's the way I remember it as well...

BBM
I remember that being told to Baez more than once during the hearings.

The 8/21/09 Motions hearings were generally attempts by the defense to prevent information coming forward, it is easy to see why/& that this is how they will be moving forward;Prevent conversations between Casey & the Padilla group,etc, but mostly taking up huge chunks of the court's time and $$. Lyons made this point perfectly clear before the judge, pointing out that these few motions had already taken days and hours of the court's time. However, they certainly do not "have time" to mess with the check fraud case, because they will be too busy trying to create motions to supress certain information and try & request other information, beyond the legal scope of the Murder case. For those of us who have been following this case closely, we know there is really not much they can do to prove their client's innocence, so they will have to go to huge lengths to create smoke & mirrors & distance the time between the murder & trial, to increase the chance that the actual memory /facts/ testimony will be more hazy as time goes on. We already know the area was under water when TES tried to search, all about the cell phone pings & text messages, and what amounts of money Casey stole from her friends & family. They have already stepped on my last nerve, & I for one, don't know if I'll have the stomach to put up with their antics a year from now, when the case may actually begin. HOHUM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico