Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey's demeanor the last court appearance to me suggested that AL really laid down the law with her. She is NOT there to be Casey's licorice eating buddy, she is there to get her off the death penalty. Casey cannot bat eyelashes or any of that crap with AL. IMO AL was the dose of reality KC has needed and always should have had...I think Baez is just sweet talked to her, KC and Baez belong together. But, it is nice to see that smugness wiped off of KC's face for once. So if AL had anything to do with that, she has already achieved something short of a miracle.

BBM
I agree.

A big question "will the defendant look sympathetic to a jury?"

Casey's look and demeanor was different during this past hearing and IMO AL advised her on how she should present herself in court, especially in front of a jury, so let's start now. Hair not done up, no make up, no big HI smiles..etc

KC must be the worlds most difficult client. No insanity pleas for her! No bargaining for any plea deals! No rational story of what happened, and at least 2 versions of the nanny nonsense story to try to defend.

"Not a bit of useful information has been provided by Ms. Anthony ..." true enough..nor has she tried one bit to save herself, up till now. It was as though she thought she could sit there smirking away while JB rode up on his white horse and saved the day by some miracle that did not really involve her.

I think she may finally have been introduced to the concept that this is HER life that is on the line, and if she doesn't soon get it together, she is going to be facing a very real death penalty.. HER.. not JB, not anyone else. I give AL full credit for waking KC up to the reality of her situation. While she is at it, she could try to see if she can also wake her to the reality that killing her own child was a hideous thing to do. THAT would be a true miracle.

BBM
Yes, and even though he denied it on camera, he did try with the emails as proof.

But I see it as, He tried to get his client immunity but the SAO was not offering the immunity he and Casey wanted.

But I do remember Lennamon saying Baez refused to allow Casey to be evaluated for mental illness, perhaps she told Baez she would not submit to any mental health evaluations and he followed suit. Dunno.

Sh4 had two psych evals in jail.

And, she has no history of signs or symptoms (no break with reality).

MI as a defense is only a hair better than Zanny the Nanny.

Face it, as the legal commentator said on the clip, "The best lawyers in the world would have trouble with this case." (paraphrase)

KC must be the worlds most difficult client. No insanity pleas for her! No bargaining for any plea deals! No rational story of what happened, and at least 2 versions of the nanny nonsense story to try to defend.

"Not a bit of useful information has been provided by Ms. Anthony ..." true enough..nor has she tried one bit to save herself, up till now. It was as though she thought she could sit there smirking away while JB rode up on his white horse and saved the day by some miracle that did not really involve her.

I think she may finally have been introduced to the concept that this is HER life that is on the line, and if she doesn't soon get it together, she is going to be facing a very real death penalty.. HER.. not JB, not anyone else. I give AL full credit for waking KC up to the reality of her situation. While she is at it, she could try to see if she can also wake her to the reality that killing her own child was a hideous thing to do. THAT would be a true miracle.

Mme Esquire will never be able to wake a conscience or any genuine remorse.

But, it looks like she may have done a fine job of giving KC a wake-up call re: her own danger.

She can't make KC sorry. But, she CAN tell KC, "people get fried for murder."

And, I think she DID believe that JB would polish his armor, ride to her rescue, and they'd live happily ever after. Until ME gave her a one-two reality punch.

BBM
I agree.

A big question "will the defendant look sympathetic to a jury?"

Casey's look and demeanor was different during this past hearing and IMO AL advised her on how she should present herself in court, especially in front of a jury, so let's start now. Hair not done up, no make up, no big HI smiles..etc

Wasn't JB. He can't handle KC. It was Mme Esquire. KC can neither charm nor intimidate her.

thWelcomesquirreljumpbiliv_2.gif

LMAO!!! Thanks! I needed a good laugh this morning! :dance:

I knew when I posted that I'd get called on it but did it anyway... <slapping own hands>

"...The girl's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, had until 9 a.m. Tuesday to accept an offer of limited immunity to help investigators in the case. Officials with the State Attorney's Office said she did not accept the offer and it has now expired..."

See the rest of the article article here.

Still looking for the email correspondence between JB and the state about it but meantime, here is a post from then by DianeB mentioning same.

ETA: My first clue that JB sought a deal was JB's denial. ;)

Oh, I wasn't calling you on it. I really, reallly, thought JB said his client didn't receive or request one, in a sound bite to the Media. I thought it was one of those things he felt the media shouldn't know about. And was acting like did/wasn't happening to the media. Grandstanding.

I would like to point out that you backed up your claims, without repeatedlly requesting it documentatoin. Kuddos to you!

Thank you so much for digging it up for me. Now I know that not only did HE request it, they gave it, he requested it to be extended, yet she never took it.

Oh, and as we now know is his usual way of doing things, he didn't request immunity correctly. Yet they still worked with him, in order to work quickly to find Caylee.

Yeah, but after the boy cries wolf to often....everybody goes deaf.

:highfive:
I think we covered that already in this thread.

But maybe JB hasn't figured that out yet. And AL might not have realized JB has all ready cried wolf way to often.. So if we keep it bumped up, they might read it.
:angel:​

Mme Esquire will never be able to wake a conscience or any genuine remorse.

But, it looks like she may have done a fine job of giving KC a wake-up call re: her own danger.

She can't make KC sorry. But, she CAN tell KC, "people get fried for murder."

And, I think she DID believe that JB would polish his armor, ride to her rescue, and they'd live happily ever after. Until ME gave her a one-two reality punch.

AL is all about saving people from DP. IT's her 'cause". I can really see her pounding on the DP constantly. How wrong it is, etc. And not to worry, she will get that DP removed to LWOP... Just making KC sooo very tickled about her future.

AL counts her 'wins' as those she has kept from DP. If she can change KC's from DP to LWOP, then it's considered a 'win' to AL.

That is most likely different then JB's treating her with kid gloves, etc.

This hearing was the first one KC has seen, since AL really got involved in the case.

Between the 2 hearings, not only has see spent time with AL, but she also was made known that the trial date will not happen until next year. A whole nother year in jail. And NO ONE can get her out.

I really, really, believe that reality check finally happened on at least some of her fantasy.

I'm not certain that's something under JB's control. I'm leaning toward no way will KC confess to anything and therefore no way can they use mental health or accident. I'm always the first one to laugh at JB's many flaws, fumbles and fiascoes but he did try to plea this out.

Thanks again for pointing that out. It seems that he at least tried to do 1 thing right for his client.

Imagine, at that time, he must have thought he could have plea this out. He didn't 'know' her, and she didn't 'know' him. This was so early, he most likely still believed all she told him.

He didn't get his 'coming to Jesus' moment until much letter.. which most likely what caused him to end up in the hospital.

Oh, I wasn't calling you on it. I really, reallly, thought JB said his client didn't receive or request one, in a sound bite to the Media. I thought it was one of those things he felt the media shouldn't know about. And was acting like did/wasn't happening to the media. Grandstanding.

I would like to point out that you backed up your claims, without repeatedlly requesting it documentatoin. Kuddos to you!

Thank you so much for digging it up for me. Now I know that not only did HE request it, they gave it, he requested it to be extended, yet she never took it.

Oh, and as we now know is his usual way of doing things, he didn't request immunity correctly. Yet they still worked with him, in order to work quickly to find Caylee.

I know you weren't -- but since I posted it, it was up to me to figure out what really happened. AND you are absolutely correct. When looking for the email I ran across an article wherein JB stated exactly what you recall.

"We have not negotiated any type or come to them with any offers," Baez said. "Our client has never stated, 'I’ll tell you where she's at if you give me immunity.' Anything stated about that is truly a misstatement."

Here's the rest of the article.

Note the email from LDB indicates JB asked OCSO about an immunity deal on July 25, 2008 and the article is dated August 5, 2008.

orbitzguy-1.jpg

PS: In the words of the Orbitz hover-craft guy, "I think we've all learned an important lesson today." If JB denies something, it likely happened. The thing he denies the most is his client's guilt. ;)

Thanks again for pointing that out. It seems that he at least tried to do 1 thing right for his client.

Imagine, at that time, he must have thought he could have plea this out. He didn't 'know' her, and she didn't 'know' him. This was so early, he most likely still believed all she told him.

He didn't get his 'coming to Jesus' moment until much letter.. which most likely what caused him to end up in the hospital.

I think him approaching OCSO speaks volumes -- maybe a whole library full -- about what the evidence even way back then, a fraction of what we have now, indicated to him. And it wasn't that his client was going to be proved innocent.

AL is all about saving people from DP. IT's her 'cause". I can really see her pounding on the DP constantly. How wrong it is, etc. And not to worry, she will get that DP removed to LWOP... Just making KC sooo very tickled about her future.

AL counts her 'wins' as those she has kept from DP. If she can change KC's from DP to LWOP, then it's considered a 'win' to AL.

That is most likely different then JB's treating her with kid gloves, etc.

This hearing was the first one KC has seen, since AL really got involved in the case.

Between the 2 hearings, not only has see spent time with AL, but she also was made known that the trial date will not happen until next year. A whole nother year in jail. And NO ONE can get her out.

I really, really, believe that reality check finally happened on at least some of her fantasy.

Well, you could be right!

And, AL has another year to work w/ KC, too.

With AL on the team, KC may start seeing the light of her predicament.

She might even learn to feign remorse.

But, she's already killed off most of the defenses that any lawyer could pose.

Now, me.. I don't care if AL "wins."

As long as that babe never hits the streets again.

Preferably, as long as she never gets knocked up again.

orbitzguy-1.jpg

PS: In the words of the Orbitz hover-craft guy, "I think we've all learned an important lesson today." If JB denies something, it likely happened. The thing he denies the most is his client's guilt. ;)

So, he and KC are a good match.

I've never seen a perp so tied up in hubris.

Anybody with two firing neurons woulda gone for a deal and pled "accident."

However, the deal required leading LE to the body.

And, once LE found they body.. they'd find the duct tape and sticker. Which shows intent.

She gambled that LE would never find the baby, and she lost.

Now, she'd only have a chance at a defense if the jury was populated with 12 bad fiction writers.

"Oh, no! This cannot be happening NOW !"

"Oh, no! This cannot be happening NOW !"

Whatchoo lookin' at, babe?

DANG! I HATE it when a first-rate astrologer says, "Oh, no, ...not NOW! ;-)

All I see is a calendars.

I know you weren't -- but since I posted it, it was up to me to figure out what really happened. AND you are absolutely correct. When looking for the email I ran across an article wherein JB stated exactly what you recall.

"We have not negotiated any type or come to them with any offers," Baez said. "Our client has never stated, 'I’ll tell you where she's at if you give me immunity.' Anything stated about that is truly a misstatement."

Here's the rest of the article.

Note the email from LDB indicates JB asked OCSO about an immunity deal on July 25, 2008 and the article is dated August 5, 2008.

Thank you! Thank you! LOL! The other part that I remember, was being confused. Then thinking I can't wait to find out the truth.

Sounds like JB is correct. He did not "negotiated" any sort of deal. that is part of the 'work' in the request that he did not do. The part we were all joking about him being to dumb to know how to do. And the SA being nice enough to fill in the blanks for him, to hurry it along.

He did NOTHING, they did all the work. Then is acting like THEY are lying about claiming that he asked for a deal and/or there was a deal on the table.

Yet He DID ask for one. He just didn't negotiate or offer. Which is what he was suppose to do when he asked for one. It is pointed out in the e-mail from SA. he asked for one, they did all the work, he even asked for an extention on the dead line.

Me thinks that when he first brought it up, he was talking about her needing just normal, simple immunity. For little things that might be her fault. Like admiting the the check cashings stuff, etc.

But what was offered, was dealing with a dead body.

Anyway, it shows HOW JB was telling the truth, while lying. "mistruthing" as CA would call it.

Whatchoo lookin' at, babe?

DANG! I HATE it when a first-rate astrologer says, "Oh, no, ...not NOW! ;-)

All I see is a calendars.

It is what KC suppose to have said when she heard about a baby's remains were found off of surburban dr. Which we know is Caylee's. She knew it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico