Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell's Disappearance from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, I don't have a link. I did say IMO. Here is what WH had to say himself. I don't necessarily believe him.
“I found my daughter’s jacket in his couch, rolled up behind the cushion,” said Hadsell.”I was just trying to make the evidence come to light. It’s not like I had the jacket, I didn’t plant the jacket, I didn’t know anything about that. It was the fact of the overwhelming information that led me there.”
http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/missing-teens-father-arrested-on-six-charges/

I keep looking at all the red trucks, trying to figure out which one AJ would've been driving. Anyone remember if we had a model/year?
Quoting myself, haha.
If someone close to the family to be there when the media was there, drives an identical red truck, wouldn't that confuse a neighbor?

You're right, I don't have a link. I did say IMO. Here is what WH had to say himself. I don't necessarily believe him.
“I found my daughter’s jacket in his couch, rolled up behind the cushion,” said Hadsell.”I was just trying to make the evidence come to light. It’s not like I had the jacket, I didn’t plant the jacket, I didn’t know anything about that. It was the fact of the overwhelming information that led me there.”
http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/missing-teens-father-arrested-on-six-charges/

I agree.. why would he even say that?? Maybe he is what I call an "over-sharer", offering up info that isn't necessary and makes himself look bad. My husband is one. It's awful. I sent him to the store to buy feminine items, and he tells the poor cashier girl, "They're for my wife.. she had a baby a few months ago. She also had a tubal last month and she hasn't felt well since then." And on and on and with much more personal info interjected. And I'm sure the cashier is looking at him like he is a complete creep. And then he is like, "WHY did I say all that?!"

I know it's not the same thing, because of the situation, but I think you get what I was trying to illustrate.

IF WH is not guilty in AJ's murder, I can entertain a scenario in which WH is upset about AJ being missing. We've all seen the interviews... he isn't the most rational felon I've ever seen.

If for some reason, he believed that that kid was involved in her disappearance and felt frustrated that LE didn't seem to be focusing in on who he thought was responsible, I can totally see him breaking into the kid's house and actually plant that jacket, to say, "Hey cops! Look here!" He may have thought if he gave LE a nudge, that they would look in what he thought was the right direction. I'm not saying it was a great plan, lol.

The same with her debit card, I suppose. I think it's entirely possible WH framed WH, for the reasons above. I'm just not sure that the things he has said and done positively mean that he killed AJ.

I think it is possible that Wes being Wes was a lucky diversion from the person(s) who are actually guilty. If so, maybe that was taken into consideration, but I think likely it was not part of any concrete "plan" beforehand.

Quoting myself, haha.
If someone close to the family to be there when the media was there, drives an identical red truck, wouldn't that confuse a neighbor?

There are 3 pickups in the 2nd picture linked above from April 10th. Two of them are extended cabs (4 passenger doors) and one is standard cab with two passenger doors. The pickup AJ drove had standard cab (two doors) and a chrome toolbox in the bed of the truck.

In the first picture from April 10th, only one red truck (AJs, i think as it looks exactly like the one featured in early news video footage) parked on the street, in front of the white truck. You can see there is actually quite a difference between the trucks if you compare the first picture to the second picture.

THIS. After 2 weeks of being on this case, the detectives implied that this was some sort of sex crime. We have so little information from LE, but we do have this.

Wonder how they came up with that....unless it was the creep that was scaring her. She was afraid then some creep kills her, this makes me sick.

Is snap chat a safe thing to do? I am not upon all this kid stuff....

I agree.. why would he even say that?? Maybe he is what I call an "over-sharer", offering up info that isn't necessary and makes himself look bad. My husband is one. It's awful. I sent him to the store to buy feminine items, and he tells the poor cashier girl, "They're for my wife.. she had a baby a few months ago. She also had a tubal last month and she hasn't felt well since then." And on and on and with much more personal info interjected. And I'm sure the cashier is looking at him like he is a complete creep. And then he is like, "WHY did I say all that?!"

I know it's not the same thing, because of the situation, but I think you get what I was trying to illustrate.

IF WH is not guilty in AJ's murder, I can entertain a scenario in which WH is upset about AJ being missing. We've all seen the interviews... he isn't the most rational felon I've ever seen.

If for some reason, he believed that that kid was involved in her disappearance and felt frustrated that LE didn't seem to be focusing in on who he thought was responsible, I can totally see him breaking into the kid's house and actually plant that jacket, to say, "Hey cops! Look here!" He may have thought if he gave LE a nudge, that they would look in what he thought was the right direction. I'm not saying it was a great plan, lol.

The same with her debit card, I suppose. I think it's entirely possible WH framed WH, for the reasons above. I'm just not sure that the things he has said and done positively mean that he killed AJ.

I think it is possible that Wes being Wes was a lucky diversion from the person(s) who are actually guilty. If so, maybe that was taken into consideration, but I think likely it was not part of any concrete "plan" beforehand.

Thank you for your post. I've been writing and deleting a similar one because it kept turning into a novella, lol. The behavior you describe is the one factor that keeps stopping me from believing 100% that WH is the perp.

Don't get me wrong, WH is still on my radar and he deserve hard time for his current charges regardless, but I do think he gets "notions" in his head which makes it hard to sort out fact from fiction in his statements. Kind of like how he described the death of his childhood friend - close but not completely accurate.

I hope we get more information on May 11 (his next hearing). I'm really tired of spinning in circles.

TRUE. And when they did their 15 hr interrogation, they said nothing to him about stealing $$$.

The detectives specifically accused him of lusting after her. And I think they have more info than we do.

Source of info about 15-hour interrogation = WH.

Source of info about accusation of lusting after her = WH.

Again, I'm not saying these aren't true, just pointing out how much of the info in this case comes from (sigh) WH.

When people are pinched they tend to squeal ...... Lookin' to see a few with bruises by next week ;)

I might agree with you...if I was not aware of the Grand Jury testimony of his ex wife, in which she testifies under oath, that he became so angry when she left him, that he assualted her, strangled her, punched her, raped her and kidnapped her.

He is not an innocent chucklehead over-sharer, imo. He is a violent, scary ex con who had relapsed on drugs and was angry about being kicked out of his home. JMO

Source of info about 15-hour interrogation = WH.

Source of info about accusation of lusting after her = WH.

Again, I'm not saying these aren't true, just pointing out how much of the info in this case comes from (sigh) WH.

True, but I cannot think of any reason he would publicly say the cops accused him of lusting after her, if they had not done so.

I might agree with you...if I was not aware of the Grand Jury testimony of his ex wife, in which she testifies under oath, that he became so angry when she left him, that he assualted her, strangled her, punched her, raped her and kidnapped her.

He is not an innocent chucklehead over-sharer, imo. He is a violent, scary ex con who had relapsed on drugs and was angry about being kicked out of his home. JMO

I did not say he was an innocent chucklehead.

His past crime(s) do not make him guilty of this crime.

It makes him someone to look at first. But he is not a POI, yet, and the more time passes where he is not named a POI gives me pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes him someone to look at first. But he is not a POI, yet, and the more time passes where he is not named a POI gives me pause.

Past crimes do not make him guilty. But when I add his past behavior to his PRESENT behavior, he looks like the most likely suspect, imo. He is back on hard drugs,and he is being 'rejected' by his wife, which is what triggered two previous kidnappings by him.

Add to his past criminal behavior and his current situation, the stupid illegal reactions on his part, which SEEMED to be designed to point the blame towards someone else. Also, his initial LIES about the time/place he last saw AJ=HINKY. If you add it all up, it seems like he is most likely involved in this tragedy.

It does not give me any pause that he has not been named publicly as a POI. There would be no reason to do so. He is on ice already. Naming him sets the clock ticking and why do so? They have him set aside while they try and get their ducks in a row.

So here's a snapshot from what the case looked like early on:

3/7/15, in a post from molly_maguire:
3/8/15, in a post from Pittie McClure:
I thought that this was what I remembered from early on: a mother who talked to reporters (once), a father described by another local as very loving and almost certainly not involved, a home that's a gathering place for non-trouble-making teens, some confusion about surnames (both "Hadsell" and "Hoffer" were associated with her social media), and the tale, from a brother, about a walk to blow of steam.

Do we know whether the part about meeting a friend was legit?

Do we know who the friend was?

Was the walk disproved?

Soon after, people became confused and, in some cases, suspicious about the family, in part because of the "brother" who wasn't a brother, but a close friend. I'm now guessing that this "brother" was living in AJ's home at the time (I know I could be wrong).

Not trying to implicate anyone, just trying to remember how this all started.

I have been reading the early threads. So many strange things for sure. Also how people who had concerned thoughts on other cast members seemed to just drop those thoughts, within a matter of posts. And yet we still don't have a POI from law enforcement. Pretty interesting if you go back during this lull and re read, especially knowing some of the few facts that we know now. Paying attention to dates and time frames and what people say to whom...

Eileen730 said:
Do.u have.any idea which thread I.might find.it.on.
your post snipped .... Maybe this can help
3/22 post #112 Tricia gave permission to talk about WH past criminal history. I am thinking this is thread 3 possibly 4, but after that post will be where people started commenting and posting links and info on this. Hope that helps.

FANTASTIC CATCH!
I personally have a lot of thoughts on that. I always thought it was out by the road, too. Pretty dang close to the front door...
Depending on what time Wes "put the keys in the mailbox," Aj might not have been dressed yet. (yuck)

Is there any way of knowing if WH had a key to the house, knew where a spare was hidden outside, or even if the door was locked? Maybe he knows how to pick a lock? He got into the other guy's home somehow.

I have a hard time believing she would open the door to him.

ALL JMO

Just wanted to share......was out on the boat today, near The Cove in chesapeake, and saw a blue deflated balloon like the ones they sent up. I have no idea if it's one of the balloons, but it immediately brought AJ to my thoughts. That's all.

I looked up the definition of POI in the dictionary. Guess What?

They showed a picture of Wes getting denied bail while simply doing what any father would have done.

Any questions. Lol

We DO know that AJ was in that house alone, after her mom and the younger sibs left for work/school. At about 2:30, the mom and at least one of the sibs returned home together, after work and school was finished. The sib said AJ was not home at that time. She texted AJ: "Where are you?" AJ (probably NOT AJ, but whoever had her phone) replied by text: "With friends."

This is the scenario as I envision it:

WH was supposed to be working alone in Franklin, VA ("out-of-town") that day. This is location where he had been working prior to AJ's coming home for spring break. Sometime during the morning, the Boss probably tried to make phone contact with WH, to check in with him at the jobsite. WH was unreachable -- probably had turned his phone off (IMO). This probably raised Boss' dander.

After his rendezvous with AJ, WH drove back to Franklin. He turned his phone back on. When the Boss was finally able to reach WH, he let him have it. [Boss: "Where the ****!! were you?!"] And WH said he'd taken a "late lunch."

WH tells a partial truth: (WH: "my boss reamed me"). Yes, the Boss reamed him, but not just for being late getting back from lunch. He did not know WH's whereabouts that entire morning and early afternoon, when he was supposed to be on the job.

Just my opinion (and ESP!).

BBM,
Respectfully, do you have a link or just point me in a general direction to how we know for a fact that AJ was home alone after her Mother and sisters left for work/school? (Very possible I missed that as being confirmed)

I have seen this
Vail 3/22 snip From Zach's blog post of March 19
Sunday night was the Rousey fight. She watched that. Up late.
Everyone left for school/work at 7 (minus Wes, who wasn't staying in the house). I'm guessing she wakes up at 9, and gets ready and does some chores. Evidence of her doing chores and even going above and beyond with some chores, but then evidence she left in a hurry. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11614434#post11614434

How would anyone know or even guess what time AJ got up if she were home alone? And what kind of evidence would show she left in a hurry? I would think if that were a fact that maybe she would have been eligible for an possible endangered missing person. Which didn't happen. More things that make me go :thinking: JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879