Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops suspect DUI in Anne Heche crash, granted warrant for blood sample

Anne Heche will have to give a blood sample to police after crashing her car into a home in Los Angeles.

The LAPD received a warrant to test the “Six Days, Seven Nights” star’s blood to see if she was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol at the time of the crash, TMZ reported Monday.

Aug 8 2022
'''Lynne Bernstein, who lives in nearby Venice with wife Natalie, told how he and neighbours Dave and Gabriel were able to talk to the ‘Volcano’ star after she drove “almost all the way through” a house and her car “almost immediately” caught fire.

Dave was able to get into the back of the car to speak with the driver.

Lynne told People magazine: “She responded that she wasn’t doing real well.
“He actually talked to her briefly. Yeah, he asked her to raise her hand or something … if she was okay and she said she couldn’t.”

The group did their best to free Anne from her vehicle and Lynne thinks if they had been able to do so before the fire brigade arrives “maybe she wouldn’t be suffering the way she is now.”

''Noting that Gabriel tried to put out the fire while Dave tried to get Anne out, Lynne said: “We were having a hard time seeing and breathing.''

Lynne thinks the ‘Vanished’ actress is lucky to be alive.

He said: “We were just looking inside, going ‘How could you survive that?’ Because we had a hard time breathing even outside of the house.

“So, somebody was watching out over her, I guess. I mean, as seriously injured she may be.”

Self reporting. For the love, I can't remember if this is an approved source or not.

From the article:

LAPD sources tell TMZ, authorities got a warrant to draw Anne's blood. We do not know the results, but police believe she was intoxicated at the time of Friday's crash. We're told the results of the blood tests could take weeks.

From the article:

LAPD sources tell TMZ, authorities got a warrant to draw Anne's blood. We do not know the results, but police believe she was intoxicated at the time of Friday's crash. We're told the results of the blood tests could take weeks.

I would suggest they should because it's part of a proper investigation. I would assume they will also conduct a full investigation of her vehicle as well.

If you read the article, it was the same day.
The article states:
“The Apple podcast was published on Friday and then removed from the platform. It's unclear when the episode was taped.

On AH’s instagram, a video clip from recording the podcast is posted on 7/28. Another article posted upthread states her rep said the podcast was recorded at an earlier date.

Last edited:
Cops suspect DUI in Anne Heche crash, granted warrant for blood sample

Anne Heche will have to give a blood sample to police after crashing her car into a home in Los Angeles.

The LAPD received a warrant to test the “Six Days, Seven Nights” star’s blood to see if she was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol at the time of the crash, TMZ reported Monday.
The Police would have obtained that warrant immediately. They would have then gone to the Emergency Room with the warrant to try to get a sample. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether a sample was actually obtained or not. If she was in terrible shape, doctors may not have allowed it.

Probably like in the 90s, I saw an interview with Anne Heche. I came away thinking that she could be my best friend. She was so down-to-earth. So likeable. I hope and pray that her injuries aren't as bad as they seem. Time will tell if the accident was the result of consuming alcohol. I hope not.

The actress, 53, who was intubated with horrific burns after the terrifying crash, is set to be investigated over the 90mph smash in Mar Vista, the sources suggested.

LAPD officers are reportedly poised to seize her blood from her hospital bed within the coming weeks to get to the bottom of whether she was under the influence while behind the wheel.

A picture taken by a witness before the crash showed Heche in her blue Mini Clubman with a bottom with a red top on it looking glassy eyed.

It comes as new images showed the moment the shocked homeowner watched her 'entire lifetime of possessions' go up in flames during the horror collision on Friday morning.

Lynne Mishele was photographed watching on in terror as her life's work erupted in a fireball after the actress tore through it at breakneck speed.

She was seen on the sidewalk outside with her hands in her pockets looking gobsmacked as 59 firefighters battled the huge blaze that took over an hour to put out.

Heche remains in hospital battling horrific injuries from the crash, which somehow only left her injured and came just across the road from an elementary school.

The Police would have obtained that warrant immediately. They would have then gone to the Emergency Room with the warrant to try to get a sample. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether a sample was actually obtained or not. If she was in terrible shape, doctors may not have allowed it.
They would pull the blood that day while they were medically treating her. The reason the warrant was necessary is because she was not under arrest nor would she have been able to give her consent for CA implied consent law which is procedure for a DUI case. Not only that a warrant leaves no loop holes for wrong doing if she was under the influence and it goes to trial.

She didn't kill anyone; however, and as far as we know, outside of property damage, no one else was hurt. So, the remark about it not meaning so much now, or what difference does it make now, is a logical question.

Not all people, but most, imoo, have driven while over the limit a time or two at sometime in their life, especially before Uber and Lyft, etc., or have driven while extremely distracted by their cell phone, or drove recklessly while speeding. When I read a story where someone has used poor judgment and injured someone with their vehicle, I always think...there, but for the grace of God...
Yes. "There for the Grace of God..."
When I was very young, I sometimes drove like a wild woman when things went horribly askew with my life. I'm very blessed not to have hurt anyone. I feel bad for everyone involved.

Never! Still, I feel compassion for Anne Heche as well as for the woman whose house she destroyed. This is just awful.
While I probably come off as uncaring, I feel the same.

I feel compassion for the person who is probably in excruciating pain.

I do NOT feel compassion for her personal responsibility to choose behavior that caused this.

JMO

Upthread was a transcription of an interview with AH and Larry King where she reported driving all over the place and following instructions from "God." She said she and "God" were talking and he was telling her where to drive and she ended up in a desert. Considering this, her family history of schizophrenia, and her own frequent admissions of mental health problems, it sounds like her wild driving may have been a consequence of "instructions" from "God." If she was on medication for mental illness and had been drinking recently -- which we know to be the case from the drunken podcast filmed several days prior to the crash -- often alcohol and antipsychotics/antidepressants don't mix well together. For example, alcohol can increase side effects of the mood stabilizer lamotrigine, so some people stop taking it when they want to drink, and that only causes a downward spiral, exacerbating mental health issues & triggering more drinking, etc.
I’ve noticed that people who are intoxicated and driving, usually drive at a slower speed, because they don’t want to get stopped. I think she must have been having some kind of mental health crisis, in addition to alcohol.
I do wonder about schizophrenia. Jmo

Edited: typo corrected

Last edited:
I think we need to be careful in our speculation here. One of the things that happens with mental illness is that once you have one episode, all your "unusual" activities are chalked up to mental illness, many times unfairly so. Just because she had a mental health break (and we don't know the diagnosis) in the past and was experiencing psychotic symptoms from whatever cause, doesn't necessarily mean this accident was the result of a similar scenario. There are a number of other reasons this could have happened.

Care to list the number of reasons to which you're referring?

I'm thinking (in order of likelihood):
1) Drugs/alcohol + mental health crisis
2) Drugs or alcohol only
3) Mental health crisis only
4) Other medical event (e.g., brain tumor causing erratic behavior)
5) Suicide attempt (technically could fall under #1 or #3 too)
6) Car malfunction - very unlikely considering prior behavior with previous hit & run

Can't think of anything that's more likely than drugs/alcohol + mental health crisis, frankly.

They would pull the blood that day while they were medically treating her. The reason the warrant was necessary is because she was not under arrest nor would she have been able to give her consent for CA implied consent law which is procedure for a DUI case. Not only that a warrant leaves no loop holes for wrong doing if she was under the influence and it goes to trial.
A warrant would be required whether she is under arrest or not. They are frequently obtained when a subject is unable or unWILLING to give a sample.

She left the scene of an accident, speeding, ran a stop sign at preston way crossed over two lanes and ran through hedges and into a house.

Wonder if she blew the stop sign at glyndon ave on preston to get to that speed.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member