Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but in all likelihood, it was opened, and she knew exactly what that meant for her.

Unless things are different in the US, an open bottle of liqour in a car is a relatively moderate fine and a few demerit points against our license. My friend in LE has given a few littering tickets when he's caught people trying to get rid of the evidence by throwing it out their car window.

Obviously, she could be tested for BAC but even that doesn't warrant her behavior.

Huh? He was quickly found to suspicious, arrested, but on trial, and found guilty. He has to do five months in prison, years of probation, and pay a six-figure fine. That's fair and adequate for disorderly conduct and false reporting of a crime. There's literally no special treatment there, not from the legal system or the public.
I think you are forgetting about that whole secret deal with the State's attorney in the middle there. That was all shameful.

Folks need to realize that assuming AH survives (which we all pray she does) she would be facing traffic violations. These are just misdemeanors and not all that serious. She might get some jail time but it would likely be suspended in lieu of treatment if she was intoxicated. She have fines, restitution probably, license suspended for a while, and that is all.

Sympathies to the woman whom, along with her pets, was almost killed and her home destroyed by the reckless acts of another.

No excuse for driving 90 mph through a residential neighborhood. None. No sympathy for the driver, she did this to herself.

Folks need to realize that assuming AH survives (which we all pray she does) she would be facing traffic violations. These are just misdemeanors and not all that serious. She might get some jail time but it would likely be suspended in lieu of treatment if she was intoxicated. She have fines, restitution probably, license suspended for a while, and that is all.
Could there be a possible civil suit for negligence or similar? Possible subrogation from insurance companies such as renter’s or homeowner’s, on behalf of the property owner and tenant?

I personally think this was a mental health crisis first and foremost. I think she was very unwell and has been for a long time. She definitely seemed to have substance abuse issues, which can tend to go hand in hand with mental illness. But the behavior she exhibited by crashing into things all over at such a high rate of speed and going full speed into a house, her description of “god” telling her where to drive and what to do in the past, the hair stylist saying she didn‘t appear inebriated a short time earlier—all make me think she was in a terrible spot mentally and had a crisis leading to this weird crash. This seems like way more to me than a drunk driving accident.
I won’t be surprised if she does test positive for any number of drugs/alcohol and those surely wouldn’t have helped. But I think her problem was mental illness, and she obviously wasn’t getting all the help she needed. I have felt like she was on the edge since her public crisis in 2000. It’s so sad for everyone. That poor lady who lost everything and nearly lost her pets and her own life. The home owner lost an investment property. All of AH’s friends and family who care about her. And AH, who if she survives will have a terrible road ahead. Just sad.

Could there be a possible civil suit for negligence or similar? Possible subrogation from insurance companies such as renter’s or homeowner’s, on behalf of the property owner and tenant?
Oh there will be lots going on from a civil standpoint. The owner of the garage, the owner of the car she hit, the owner of the house she crashed into, the tenant that lost all her belongings, perhaps the person she almost ran down, all will have monetary claims. Hopefully AH has good insurance with high policy limits. If so, that company will likely try to settle with all the claimants before litigation is actually filed. If there is limited insurance, or some of the claimants seek really high damages, then law suits will be filed to come after AH's assets.

I personally think this was a mental health crisis first and foremost. I think she was very unwell and has been for a long time. She definitely seemed to have substance abuse issues, which can tend to go hand in hand with mental illness. But the behavior she exhibited by crashing into things all over at such a high rate of speed and going full speed into a house, her description of “god” telling her where to drive and what to do in the past, the hair stylist saying she didn‘t appear inebriated a short time earlier—all make me think she was in a terrible spot mentally and had a crisis leading to this weird crash. This seems like way more to me than a drunk driving accident.
I won’t be surprised if she does test positive for any number of drugs/alcohol and those surely wouldn’t have helped. But I think her problem was mental illness, and she obviously wasn’t getting all the help she needed. I have felt like she was on the edge since her public crisis in 2000. It’s so sad for everyone. That poor lady who lost everything and nearly lost her pets and her own life. The home owner lost an investment property. All of AH’s friends and family who care about her. And AH, who if she survives will have a terrible road ahead. Just sad.

I, too, feel that her mental issues might be the underlying problem. However, for us to judge, Heche first has to make it through. And it may be so that if she does make it through, we won’t have the courage to judge. She has two kids; it must be horrible for them.

Wishing all involved in this tragic event the best outcome.

Last edited:

I feel much the same and have actually watched a friend's son go through endless mental health highs and lows. I don't think the average person realizes the negative side effects of many of the medications and depending on the mental health condition, it isn't always easy to convince them to remain consistent with their medication.

It seems so easy to those of us that have never experienced mental health issues, fill the prescription, take the medication and attend counselling if needed but the young man I know says that in order to achieve that balance between highs and lows, he lives in a state just above the lows. He finds some comfort in his other personalities and when he lives as who we know him to be, he seems always a bit fearful that 'God' is no longer guiding his actions. If only it were that simple as a comfort but every time his other personality shows up, he attempts to take his own life.

Agree. And/or also if there were mitigating circumstances relating to her mental health status at the time over which she had no control. For now, I just wish her a good recovery from her physical injuries.

Last edited:
I'm not from LA but I'm struck by the small community feel that so many public people are connected.
In reading again the Daily Mail's coverage of the crash,
I saw that Ami Goodheart is her partner. Ms. Goodheart (costume designer and public YouTube person) is also the person that gave a tour of the Eastern Columbia building during the Heard/Depp case. Isn't it also where the Anne Heche's (differentiating from AH, Amber Heard) podcast partner is as well?
Not sure if that would be where Heche would be staying. MapQuest has it as 21 minutes from the salon. It seems a little far to go for a "random wig" purchase. I do wonder what went on that day that could case such a terrible outcome.
JMO.

Despite whatever ailments Anne may have suffered from prior to the wreck, she's had a very busy career the last few years. Seems to show she's been responsible enough to hold down jobs.

My friend's son can work and appear very 'normal' when things are going well and it can extend for very long periods of time but if something as simple as a stressful day can send him spiralling out of control.

It's a misconception that people with mental health issues are unable to work or function but it does seem to depend on how their medications work for them, their level of support and how they cope with normal everyday challenges.

I was supposed to meet her this weekend at a comic con I am attending so I will admit my bias up front. If she survives(and I very much hope she does)I think she will have it much harder than if she weren't a celebrity. I noticed the difference between this thread and the one with the ICU nurse. The nurse was given more compassion and benefit of the doubt than Anne. I don't think either should get a pass but Anne hasn't killed anyone but possibly herself. This is all just my opinion of course but I will wait till the evidence is in before declaring drunk or high.

I was supposed to meet her this weekend at a comic con I am attending so I will admit my bias up front. If she survives(and I very much hope she does)I think she will have it much harder than if she weren't a celebrity. I noticed the difference between this thread and the one with the ICU nurse. The nurse was given more compassion and benefit of the doubt than Anne. I don't think either should get a pass but Anne hasn't killed anyone but possibly herself. This is all just my opinion of course but I will wait till the evidence is in before declaring drunk or high.
I don't see that that nurse is getting much compassion at all. She has a $9 million and facing a bunch of murder charges already. The comments here certainly don't be supporting her.

Watching the ring video, 2 seconds tick by between passing the camera & the loud crashing sound. If this was the 7th house from the stop sign, and the yards appear to be about 50 feet wide, and crossing thru the intersection thru the yard (IMO completely airborn, judging from plants don't appear to be broken or uprooted), that's approximately 400 ft in 2 seconds, IMO.
SO, I would have say the mini Cooper Clubman was going as fast as it could possibly go, much faster than 90mph, IMO.
Also looking at photos from the tennant's, LM, fundraiser page, the mini went thru the front exterior wall of the house, a room full of furniture, shoes & clothes, an interior wall of the house & finally coming to a stop crashing almost all the way thru the side wall. IMO this was no accident.
JMHHO
Preston is a VERY narrow street and it's obvious that it doesn't continue on at the end of the block, it T's @ Walgrove. She had to have known what was going to come next. And not that it matters, but the Ring house is 10th from the corner. Preston is also only 2 blocks long.

I'm in agreement with you that this was no accident. You just don't go ~100 MPH down a narrow 2 block residential street that T's at the end! Did she think that large hedge at the end was going to absorb the crash? I am so glad no innocent people or animals were hurt.

Last edited:
It seems most people have already decided that Anne was drunk or high based on DM pics. There is more discussion in the other thread about how being a nurse is high stress and mental health and such. I think this is all plays in with Anne as well. But regardless I still think Anne is not going to skate on anything if she survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member