Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend's son can work and appear very 'normal' when things are going well and it can extend for very long periods of time but if something as simple as a stressful day can send him spiralling out of control.

It's a misconception that people with mental health issues are unable to work or function but it does seem to depend on how their medications work for them, their level of support and how they cope with normal everyday challenges.

I cannot agree more with this. What someone with ongoing mental health issues looks like on the surface can and should never be regarded as a guide to their actual reality. And most particularly something that should never be used against them. As you say, fragility is the only permanent.

The judgement and the lack of empathy in the absence of facts is depressing.

Last edited:
It seems most people have already decided that Anne was drunk or high based on DM pics. There is more discussion in the other thread about how being a nurse is high stress and mental health and such. I think this is all plays in with Anne as well. But regardless I still think Anne is not going to skate on anything if she survives.
For me I'm not 100% convinced she was drunk and/or high on something. But SOMETHING was definitely going on with her. It could have simply been a mental break. To me, it's not what caused the event to happen, it's that the events ever happened at all, regardless of the 'why'. You just should not go barreling at breakneck speed down a narrow 2 block long residential neighborhood street. And one that dead-ends that should have been visible from her car? That's.... odd (and quite frankly, suicidal to floor it toward a building). She could have killed kids playing, dogs and cats romping, or adults simply getting out of their car at that exact moment. The fact that no one was hurt (other than her) is amazing. I am extremely thankful for that.

Last edited:
I was supposed to meet her this weekend at a comic con I am attending so I will admit my bias up front. If she survives(and I very much hope she does)I think she will have it much harder than if she weren't a celebrity. I noticed the difference between this thread and the one with the ICU nurse. The nurse was given more compassion and benefit of the doubt than Anne. I don't think either should get a pass but Anne hasn't killed anyone but possibly herself. This is all just my opinion of course but I will wait till the evidence is in before declaring drunk or high.
I am not judging about drunk or high either, yet. It's absolutely incredible no people or animals were harmed or killed. Jmo.

Last edited:
For me I'm not 100% convinced she was drunk and/or high on something. But SOMETHING was definitely going on with her. It could have simply been a mental break. To me, it's not what caused the event to happen, it's that the events ever happened at all, regardless of the 'why'. You just should not go barreling at breakneck speed down a narrow 2 block long residential neighborhood street. And one that dead-ends that should have been visible from her car? That's.... odd (and quite frankly, suicidal to floor it toward a building). She could have killed kids playing, dogs and cats romping, or adults simply getting out of their car at that exact moment. The fact that no one was hurt (other than her) is amazing. I am extremely thankful for that.

I would think that it is standard procedure for LE to demand drug and alcohol testing after something like this but I think a people tend to assume that because it was requested, it verifies their suspicions.

After the investigation is completed, it may be that she consumed alcohol or substances or it may be found that she's like my friend's son and is simply off the meds that keep her life under control.

I would think that it is standard procedure for LE to demand drug and alcohol testing after something like this but I think a people tend to assume that because it was requested, it verifies their suspicions.

After the investigation is completed, it may be that she consumed alcohol or substances or it may be found that she's like my friend's son and is simply off the meds that keep her life under control.
Imo we will hear if there was impairment or not, but I doubt if we will hear if there is in fact a condition, diagnosed prior, or perhaps after, to the terrible event, and if there is any evidence of compliance, or non compliance with treatment/incl meds or not. Unless this all ends up in court. Jmo.

Imo we will hear if there was impairment or not, but I doubt if we will hear if there is in fact a condition, diagnosed prior, or perhaps after, to the terrible event, and if there is any evidence of compliance, or non compliance with treatment/incl meds or not. Unless this all ends up in court. Jmo.

A person's medical information should private and I can see no reason for that to be violated.

I honestly maybe should have rambled a bit less or been a bit more concise in my comment and I apologize. I was only suggesting that lack of the proper medications can be as detrimental to some people as substance abuse or self medication.

A person's medical information should private and I can see no reason for that to be violated.

I honestly maybe should have rambled a bit less or been a bit more concise in my comment and I apologize. I was only suggesting that lack of the proper medications can be as detrimental to some people as substance abuse or self medication.
In general I agree. If she was under the influence of alcohol/drugs, then we will know when the charges for DUI are brought. If there was a mental breakdown of some sort, that wont be released. However, if AH is charged or sued and wants to use that as a defense, then she has to come forth with that information.

Huh? He was quickly found to suspicious, arrested, but on trial, and found guilty. He has to do five months in prison, years of probation, and pay a six-figure fine. That's fair and adequate for disorderly conduct and false reporting of a crime. There's literally no special treatment there, not from the legal system or the public.
Actually, he was released from jail almost immediately. He was convicted on 14 counts, ims. He did get a pass imo, but no so from some of the public.

It seems obvious to me that she was fleeing not only the original accident, but whoever was taking pics of it, and into her car. She probably didn't want to get busted for that alcohol container, and/or the crash. At this point, getting outed and in trouble for that would've been much better than the fate she is now forced to endure.
It might be obvious to you, but it's not to the courts until an investigation is complete. So, we'll just have to wait to see what toxicology does or doesn't show.

Has it been confirmed that the container was for alcohol? Was it empty? TIA

I feel much the same and have actually watched a friend's son go through endless mental health highs and lows. I don't think the average person realizes the negative side effects of many of the medications and depending on the mental health condition, it isn't always easy to convince them to remain consistent with their medication.

It seems so easy to those of us that have never experienced mental health issues, fill the prescription, take the medication and attend counselling if needed but the young man I know says that in order to achieve that balance between highs and lows, he lives in a state just above the lows. He finds some comfort in his other personalities and when he lives as who we know him to be, he seems always a bit fearful that 'God' is no longer guiding his actions. If only it were that simple as a comfort but every time his other personality shows up, he attempts to take his own life.
My heart aches for him and for all who love him. May he find peace, comfort, and joy!

Preston is a VERY narrow street and it's obvious that it doesn't continue on at the end of the block, it T's @ Walgrove. She had to have known what was going to come next. And not that it matters, but the Ring house is 10th from the corner. Preston is also only 2 blocks long.

I'm in agreement with you that this was no accident. You just don't go ~100 MPH down a narrow 2 block residential street that T's at the end! Did she think that large hedge at the end was going to absorb the crash? I am so glad no innocent people or animals were hurt.
This is correct. She also hit another car along with hitting the parking garage and then crashing into a house. So three events all within a few minutes. She was driving impaired - whether it be physically, mentally or under the influence- MOO :)

"Videos taken before the crash show Heche speeding in the neighborhood, slamming into an apartment building’s garage, narrowly missing a pedestrian and hitting a Jaguar before winding up at the house in the 1700 block of South Walgrove Avenue.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

The person whose home was destroyed as a result of this crime is a totally innocent victim. It appears Ann Heche is the perpetrator of this crime and everybody is very lucky the victim herself wasn't killed.

Members don't need to trash AH, and while we can have some understanding of her past and feel compassion about the physical and mental pain she may be experiencing now and probably into her future, there is no doubt SHE is the perpetrator.

On another note, if you have an issue, use the Report feature to let Mods review it rather than chastising or lecturing other members because they hold a different view.

Thanks !!

“LAPD sources tell TMZ ... they've now upped the investigation to a felony because the woman inside the home Anne barreled through with her Mini Cooper claims she was injured -- suffering cuts requiring medical treatment.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious