Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems most people have already decided that Anne was drunk or high based on DM pics. There is more discussion in the other thread about how being a nurse is high stress and mental health and such. I think this is all plays in with Anne as well. But regardless I still think Anne is not going to skate on anything if she survives.
I don't think so either, and get none of this supposed "privilege" that she has. I see absolutely no reason why Anne shouldn't get some of our compassion and goodwill- she didn't hurt anyone but herself. I feel for the lady in the house, but it was literally a God sent miracle that she and her pets survived. There is no outcome better than that. And the community has raised money to help replace her lost items and help her with another place to live. Really the only person who has to deal with the consequences of Anne's actions is Anne. I believe she needs our prayers and I will offer them.

Likelihood based upon what?
Her behavior, and the fact that she had the alcohol container in the cupholder. Do you know anyone who buys drinks at a store and, with no plans to drink them in the car, puts them in the cupholder instead of the back with the rest of the stuff? Sure, that's not actual proof, but tell me that doesn't make it more likely...

It might be obvious to you, but it's not to the courts until an investigation is complete. So, we'll just have to wait to see what toxicology does or doesn't show.

Has it been confirmed that the container was for alcohol? Was it empty? TIA
Ok, of course nothing is going to be known until the investigation is complete. So all we're doing is speculating and sharing opinions based on the information given. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so either, and get none of this supposed "privilege" that she has. I see absolutely no reason why Anne shouldn't get some of our compassion and goodwill- she didn't hurt anyone but herself. I feel for the lady in the house, but it was literally a God sent miracle that she and her pets survived. There is no outcome better than that. And the community has raised money to help replace her lost items and help her with another place to live. Really the only person who has to deal with the consequences of Anne's actions is Anne. I believe she needs our prayers and I will offer them.

But I think there is an outcome better than that for the woman in the house and that's that she never experienced it in the first place. I respectfully disagree that only Anne has to deal with the consequences. The woman in the house will likely be dealing with the trauma and with PTSD for the rest of her life. Psychological injury is injury and it's just as painful and debilitating as if she'd been physically paralyzed.

Jmo oh my gosh no. Anne was not the only one hurt and dealing with the consequences of her actions. And no better outcome? The tenant apparently, link upthread, has physical injuries. On top of emotional terror and trauma to her and no doubt her animals, she has lost her belongings, and cherished items that can not be replaced. The home owner imo has the same imo. They were hurt, it was not just Anne. No word on first responders, firemen, good samaritans. And monetary costs. Geez it makes me think of all the drivers who have plowed into crowds, or crowds of protestors, parades, festivals, people on sidewalks etc. No evidence yet of intent for Anne, but I don't recall sympathy for any of those folks. I may misremember. Jmo it is just amazing luck for Anne and everyone that she did not kill or seriously maim any living being afaik so far.

But I think there is an outcome better than that for the woman in the house and that's that she never experienced it in the first place. I respectfully disagree that only Anne has to deal with the consequences. The woman in the house will likely be dealing with the trauma and with PTSD for the rest of her life. Psychological injury is injury and it's just as painful and debilitating as if she'd been physically paralyzed.
You're right, I didn't mean to downplay that, just to point out that it's a "best day of Raymond's life" situation (Fight Club reference, anyone? lol). It's such a gift to survive that versus what could have/does happen most of the time.

I must have been posting at the same time you were.

Jmo oh my gosh no. Anne was not the only one hurt and dealing with the consequences of her actions. The tenant apparently, link upthread, has physical injuries. On top of emotional terror and trauma to her and no doubt her animals, she has lost her belongings, and cherished items that can not be replaced. The home owner imo has the same imo. They were hurt, it was not just Anne. No word on first responders, firemen, good samaritans. And monetary costs. Geez it makes me think of all the drivers who have plowed into crowds, or crowds of protestors, parades, festivals, people on sidewalks etc. No evidence yet of intent for Anne, but I don't recall sympathy for any of those folks. I may misremember. Jmo it is just amazing luck for Anne and everyone that she did not kill or seriously maim any living being afaik so far.
Of course you're right, but I think it's worth pointing out that people are more capable of sympathizing with someone who is humanized- they have a face, a name, a history, people know things about them that make them feel real. When someone, be it a perpetrator, an addict, or someone responsible for something negative, is unknown, or just a name, they become a "placeholder" for a human being and they don't feel real. That way, it is much easier to avoid their humanity, hence, making it harder to have sympathy. I think, in this situation, it's easier to realize that this person has humanity, and that their suffering is grave. Even still, there are many people who do not want to offer their sympathy, and that's fine. I just feel differently, I think everyone here deserves it, and it just so happens that one of the people is barely clinging to life, so it regardless of whose fault it was, she is likely the worst off.

Of course you're right, but I think it's worth pointing out that people are more capable of sympathizing with someone who is humanized- they have a face, a name, a history, people know things about them that make them feel real. When someone, be it a perpetrator, an addict, or someone responsible for something negative, is unknown, or just a name, they become a "placeholder" for a human being and they don't feel real. That way, it is much easier to avoid their humanity, hence, making it harder to have sympathy. I think, in this situation, it's easier to realize that this person has humanity, and that their suffering is grave. Even still, there are many people who do not want to offer their sympathy, and that's fine. I just feel differently, I think everyone here deserves it, and it just so happens that one of the people is barely clinging to life, so it regardless of whose fault it was, she is likely the worst off.
I see what you are saying regarding givng sympathy to Anne, and simply agree to disagree. Also this was not including the garage hit and the woman who reportedly was nearly hit. And you seem to believe she was most likely drunk driving when this happened. Perhaps that is privilege? Just me, zero sympathy for that. I dunno. Drunk driving incidents, can't be called accidents imo, are seemingly not a common thing to have sympathy for. Certainly I do not. And who's fault it was? Is there a question? Jme. Jmo.

Last edited:
You're right, I didn't mean to downplay that, just to point out that it's a "best day of Raymond's life" situation (Fight Club reference, anyone? lol). It's such a gift to survive that versus what could have/does happen most of the time.

Depends on who you talk to. Some patients with PTSD wish they had died. Many say that a part of them died when they experienced the trauma. I have compassion for Anne too, but the woman who survived this will have many, many, many years of therapy ahead of her. It's kind of weird to think that Anne struggled with trauma most of her life and she has now, whether carelessly/intentionally or not, traumatized someone else.

It is also stated that she required medical care for cuts- what a terrible trauma this woman experienced due to the behavior of Anne Heche behind the wheel- that is not to be taken lightly just because this woman and her pets were fortunate enough to be in a different part of her home when Ms. Heche blasted into her home. It is not to be taken lightly either that this woman became instantly homeless and lost most all of her possessions. Of course she is lucky to be alive. I agree she will be traumatized for a long time- she probably will not feel safe in her own home for a long long time.

Wasn’t Fight Club an elective participation?

Perhaps the woman who survived this horrific thing will never feel SAFE. Ever again.

MOO

It seems most people have already decided that Anne was drunk or high based on DM pics. There is more discussion in the other thread about how being a nurse is high stress and mental health and such. I think this is all plays in with Anne as well. But regardless I still think Anne is not going to skate on anything if she survives.

What is the thread about the nurse?

What is the thread about the nurse?
Here u go:

Attachments

• vodka.or.shampoo.png
    vodka.or.shampoo.png
    306.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
The pic was timestamped 10:35 a.m., Glass told The Post — meaning she left around 20 minutes before Heche’s car slammed into a house in nearby Mar Vista at 10:56 a.m.

“She was polite, cordial and engaging — and she was coherent,” insisted Glass. “It was extremely pleasant — she was a delight,” he said.

Asked if he spotted any signs of her being drunk or on drugs, he insisted firmly: “Not at all.”

Glass — who has owned his studio, Glass Hair, for 21 years — said it was the first time Heche had ever visited.

“She came through the rear entrance of my studio while I was working on a client and said that she wanted a red wig,” he recalled.

The one she liked “hadn’t been cut or styled,” and he told her if she came back later he would have it washed and conditioned and fully prepared, he said.

“She said, ‘No worries, I’ll just take it now,'” he recalled, saying she bought special shampoo and conditioner for it, too, without saying why she wanted it.

FWIW
Just wanted to post other possibilities, IMO
This news video reports a family killed in a car accident in San Diego County.

In this photo, below AH's right arm (bracelet) IMO there is a red wig. Is it possible the red arrow points to a bottle of shampoo?
It might be a bottle of shampoo. According to the interview Elley Mae posted from the beauty shop owner she did buy shampoo and conditioner. The red wig is lying on the passenger seat in the picture also.

I can tell you a few things about PTSD. There is no doubt in my mind that the survivor has it and became traumatized immediately. When her neighbor found her, she was standing there in the shell of her damaged home. Just standing there. She asked him for help in rescuing her beloved pets.

I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2001. I've had continued therapy to this very day. In the beginning, I had therapy 3 times a week from 3 different counselors: my priest, a Christian counselor and a Psychiatrist whose specialty was in treating patients with PTSD. It took several years before I could work again. I remain hypervigilant. It is so fatiguing when coupled with insomnia.

Our survivor will require years of constant assurances that everything is alright. She'll need to remain in the quiet as loud noises could trigger a debilitating panic attack. One must learn how to come out of a panic attack. I had an unprovoked panic attack during Christmas that lasted almost 3 terrifying hours.

In the Johnny Depp trial, his friend, Mr Baruch, testified that he had been so upset over the adverse effects from the lies Amber told over the past 6 years that he had not been able to paint. Reciting his experience brought the grown man to tears while on the witness stand.

This tragic accident has changed the survivor's life forever. This lady may never be capable of working again. That's where Anne's insurance will become helpful. Traffic noises may upset her. Speeding vehicles may frighten her; thereby, preventing her from driving on the interstates. Sirens could provoke a panic attack. She may not be able to cook on a gas stove due to the flames. Any number of related things could continue to harm her psyche.

There is no amount of money that can restore her life as it was before but Anne's insurance company should be extremely generous with her settlement.

FWIW
Just wanted to post other possibilities, IMO
This news video reports a family killed in a car accident in San Diego County.

In this photo, below AH's right arm (bracelet) IMO there is a red wig. Is it possible the red arrow points to a bottle of shampoo?

Excellent thinking out of the box, AtlantaBourne.

What model BMW Mini Cooper was Anne driving? I can't seem to locate that detail.

I recall the neighbor who was able to speak to Anne from the backseat before the car burst into flames. He said the flames began from underneath the car.

Fuel system, gasoline: Delivery: Fuel pump

Recall date
2018-08-22
Recall no.
18V557000
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2017-2019 MINI Cooper Countryman vehicles. These vehicles may be missing a crash protection plate near the high pressure fuel pump, which may result in a fuel leak in the event of a crash.
Recall consequence
Without the crash protection plate, in the event of a crash, the fuel pump can become damaged, causing a fuel leak and increasing the risk of a fire.

© 2022 Cars.com. All rights reserved.

https://www.cars.com/research/mini/recalls/

I can tell you a few things about PTSD. There is no doubt in my mind that the survivor has it and became traumatized immediately. When her neighbor found her, she was standing there in the shell of her damaged home. Just standing there. She asked him for help in rescuing her beloved pets.

I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2001. I've had continued therapy to this very day. In the beginning, I had therapy 3 times a week from 3 different counselors: my priest, a Christian counselor and a Psychiatrist whose specialty was in treating patients with PTSD. It took several years before I could work again. I remain hypervigilant. It is so fatiguing when coupled with insomnia.

Our survivor will require years of constant assurances that everything is alright. She'll need to remain in the quiet as loud noises could trigger a debilitating panic attack. One must learn how to come out of a panic attack. I had an unprovoked panic attack during Christmas that lasted almost 3 terrifying hours.

In the Johnny Depp trial, his friend, Mr Baruch, testified that he had been so upset over the adverse effects from the lies Amber told over the past 6 years that he had not been able to paint. Reciting his experience brought the grown man to tears while on the witness stand.

This tragic accident has changed the survivor's life forever. This lady may never be capable of working again. That's where Anne's insurance will become helpful. Traffic noises may upset her. Speeding vehicles may frighten her; thereby, preventing her from driving on the interstates. Sirens could provoke a panic attack. She may not be able to cook on a gas stove due to the flames. Any number of related things could continue to harm her psyche.

There is no amount of money that can restore her life as it was before but Anne's insurance company should be extremely generous with her settlement.

I’m so sorry this has happened to you @DeDee! You’ve painted a vivid picture of what this poor woman may experience and I hope she will get whatever help she needs. An event like this cannot help but leave emotional scars. While I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, but have never sought treatment, I get what you’re saying. An explosion that blew off the front wall of an apartment across the street from us rocked my three year old world. At 76, sudden loud noises still cause an exaggerated startle reflex. There are various events and family issues that have contributed to PTSD for me but nothing as dramatic as my home being violently destroyed. She will have a long road to recovery. I hope she doesn’t just brush it all aside and carry on with a stiff upper lip without getting counseling as I mostly have.

Wasn’t Fight Club an elective participation?

Perhaps the woman who survived this horrific thing will never feel SAFE. Ever again.

MOO
That quote has nothing to do with the actual fight club they participate in. It's a part of the movie where Tyler is taking Jack on a rampage and he holds up a guy named Raymond. The man is convinced that he's going to die (because Tyler sells it that way), and then Tyler lets him go. He's trying to make the guy feel like even breathing and working his crappy job on a regular Tuesday is "the best day of Raymond's life." Basically, gratitude for what DIDN'T happen is sometimes the greatest feeling there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow