Another child attacked by a dog--dachshund

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't read the full story but we have 2 dachshunds and they love to chew up wet/dirty diapers. If I accidently leave one within reach they will tear into it. However, I do not believe the dog "chewed off" the baby's genitals. I see the dog biting him but chewing off... Please. That baby would have been screaming after a bite much less chewing.

That poor little boy. My baby boy is 5 months and I just couldn't imagine anything happening to him.

Bless this little guy. I agree that it is fishy - how can a dog chew off a child's genitals without the child screaming bloody murder and the caretaker coming running?

The father of the boy told police he was visiting his girlfriend with his son when the infant fell asleep on a couch. The girlfriend had placed blankets around the child and the two went into another room to sleep.Police said the girlfriend’s dachshund may have smelled urine in the child’s diaper and began to chew away at the diaper.

From the article--The father and his gf went into another room to sleep?!
BS...they went into the bedroom to get their groove on and left a small 4 mo old baby alone with the dog.

The article says the dog was likely chewing on the babie's soiled diaper. I hope the father loosed custody of the baby. Poor little thing. ;(

I have a large boxer and I dont let it around any small kids, he is a big wuss, he is also skitish and scared of everything
if your a stranger and you walk up to our yard....you would think he was a holy terror! he sounds vicious to outsiders...which is the whole point of him lol
when my grandkids visit I put him in a bedroom when they come, you just never know.....
I also used to have a 3 lb chihuahua that thought she was so big, she would chase the neighbors great dane back into its own yard and up on their porch! The dog was terrified of my little 3 pounder lol it was so funny to watch!

I have a dachshund and I can't imagine her ever hurting a child. However, I would never leave her alone with a small child. There is just too much that can happen. Any responsible pet owner knows this.

Bless this little guy. I agree that it is fishy - how can a dog chew off a child's genitals without the child screaming bloody murder and the caretaker coming running?

Exactly. "If" the dog "did" chew off this baby's genitals then I agree with the previous post about the father and his girlfriend being too busy getting busy. :mad:

Out here in AZ we just had a 4 yr old girl attacked and killed by the family pet-an 100 lb American Bulldog/mastiff mix. The pit defenders are pulling these stories out of the woodwork about a dachsund, pom, chihuaha attacking or killing a child but pits and rotties do the majority of severe attacks and maulings. For every story you hear about a dachsund, you will find 20 more about a pit.

After this sad sad story an offical was interviewed with the AZ humane society who said aggression is 50% environmental, and 50% genetics. That pretty much throws out the "no bad dogs just bad owners" theory.

Pits have been bred to fight so long, its in their genes. I would NOT trust a pit/rottie.or any large dog in general around my child.

I have a large boxer and I dont let it around any small kids, he is a big wuss, he is also skitish and scared of everything
if your a stranger and you walk up to our yard....you would think he was a holy terror! he sounds vicious to outsiders...which is the whole point of him lol
when my grandkids visit I put him in a bedroom when they come, you just never know.....
I also used to have a 3 lb chihuahua that thought she was so big, she would chase the neighbors great dane back into its own yard and up on their porch! The dog was terrified of my little 3 pounder lol it was so funny to watch!

I bet!! You gotta love a dog with spunk!!

I remember back in the 70's there was a story about a young single mother who had a baby and a German shepard in a two room apartment. She lost her job, refused to give up the dog but couldn't afford to feed it. The dog ate the baby.

I had to bring eggs into the cattle sale barn cafe yesterday. The office had an elderly gentleman call and needed to sell his chickens as he couldn't care for them any longer. It was way, way out in the middle of nowhere. The BarnGod couldn't go as he was working the bull sale, so I went by myself. I was greeted by a dog as I got out of the truck. He had no tail and wagged his whole butt at me. As I approached the house, I noticed an official looking sign with a sheriff's star on it. It said, "this property protected by a pit bull". I looked back down at this dog, still wagging his butt at my side. The old man came out and commented he didn't hear the dog bark. Dog never did bark. We loaded up the chickens and he told me about the time his dog barked at a rattlesnake in the yard until he came out. He got his gun out and shot the snake. This brave dog then went flying into the house and spent the rest of the day under the bed. Guess he didn't like the sound of a shotgun, LOL.

I still don't trust Pit Bulls, even if they do wag their butts at me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minushka
Back