Anthony's Computer Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
looking up chloroform does not a killer make. just try not to kill anyone, especially with chloroform, and you'll be okay. :D looking something up once out of curiosity is one thing, but ITA that looking something up 84 times seems like beyond curiosity to me... unless you're very forgetful and have to look EVERYTHING up 84 times, which is not the case here!

My DH about had a hissy fit the other day when I got a virus on the Facebook sight and had to drop my laptop off to be fixed. I had also been looking at How To Make Chloroform and I am a teacher! OOPS! Oh well inquisitive minds want to know.

I know what you mean. I am inquisitive and also distracted by interesting searches. I usually start searching one thing and next thing you know, I'm off to something else!

This very conversation is why we MUST have defense attorneys like JB and CM. Because some day, some how, YOU might say get a cell phone number that has previous connections to a criminal case - and find yourself under investigation and even charged falsely. It DOES happen - and that's why lawyer's learn to practice - to defend those who truly need it. They must provide defense for everyone the same way to earn their own living. Even though we wonder about these two, for the reasons mentioned here in this thread, that is why every person gets an aggressive defense. They have to be ready to step in and defend the truly innocent person that has gotten caught up in something they had no idea was going to happen.

You are too funny White Rain...But you are so right in my book. I have wanted to look up chloroform from the beginning to see what it's made out of but have been to affraid someone might think I'm some kind of a killer on the loose.

But then again it occurs to me that I come to W/S (my favorite site in the whole world) so maybe someone would think I'm a killer on the loose anyway so maybe I will look up chloroform.

That's so funny you say that! I got a creeped out w/ goosebumps when I looked at the SciSpot Chloroform recipe pages....I totally felt guilty of something!

I read true crime books and I used to tell my daughter that if anything happens to anyone and the police pulled my library records, I would be convicted on the books I read!! I also google all kinds of things.

Lord what ppl would think of me!!!!
Mods move if necessary...this is one case among many others that I do alot of searches about...and although it has NOTHING to do with my beliefs about the case it has me wondering....
Since this case I have looked up chlorophyll and how to make it since I wanted to see if was REALLY that easy to find....

It doesn't bother me. Probably because I don't do it for nefarious reasons. I google anything I hear about and don't know about.

I'm just doing what my mom told me to: look it up!

I read true crime books and I used to tell my daughter that if anything happens to anyone and the police pulled my library records, I would be convicted on the books I read!! I also google all kinds of things.

Caroline, me as well....
I own an EXSTENSIVE collection of true crime books...
And a few of the T.C books I have read have very much commented on the books in the person of interest's bookshelves...and heck I probably own 3x what some of the authors list about their subjects!
My hubby frequently tells ppl at his job how much I enjoy true crime books and when he went to sign up for his life insurance they were all like "ooohhh watch out...."
I've been reading true crime since I was around 16-18, am now 32, haven't killed anyone yet!

Well, if you get found dead next to a horse with your pants down...then maybe your searches would be significant. lol. I think the significance in the chloroform searches are not simply that she did that search but that she did that search and the trunk of her car where her dead child was allegedly stowed had "shockingly high' levels of chloroform...

Was it confirmed whether the searches for Chloroform, neck breaking etc. were deleted from the history (via the browser function)? I'm assuming the IT Foresnic people have done a deep search to get this information?

I think someone deleting the history (but not realising history is logged in other places) would be a very damning sign to LE. If someone had nothing to hide there would be no attempt to delete historical information and try to offer a reasonable explanation for the searches.

So I guess it's accepted that normal, inquisitive people will search for things out of curiosity. It's probably more about the frequency, the association to other events (in this case a missing child) and attempts to conceal the searches that have piqued the interest of Investigators.

looking up chloroform does not a killer make.

You're right. But add it in to the list of damning circumstantial evidence, and it just gets harder to explain things away as "just a coincidence." TOO much stuff is adding up and pointing at ONE PERSON.

So she went to the exact same site 84 times which showed how to make chloroform. But she never searched for information about how to use chloroform to knock somebody out? How could she figure out what to do with it even if she made it or bought it?

It still doesn't make sense to me.

So she went to the exact same site 84 times which showed how to make chloroform. But she never searched for information about how to use chloroform to knock somebody out? How could she figure out what to do with it even if she made it or bought it?

It still doesn't make sense to me.

Interesting point, because if I looked at the correct site (archived copy) it says nothing about administering it, dosages etc.

We are missing logical searches such as:

How to administer chloroform.
Necessary quantity of chloroform (how much should I make?).
Where to buy chloroform.
Etc.

Simply looking at the recipe for making chloroform isn't nearly enough to plan and carry out the use of it on a person for any reason. Then also looking at the recipe 84 times is just nonsensical.

We are missing logical searches such as:

How to administer chloroform.
Necessary quantity of chloroform (how much should I make?).
Where to buy chloroform.
Etc.

Simply looking at the recipe for making chloroform isn't nearly enough to plan and carry out the use of it on a person for any reason. Then also looking at the recipe 84 times is just nonsensical.

thank you for this, ITA with you. There are numerous reasons why I think the chloroform is a red herring, but this is a MAJOR one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember when ICA searched for the term "shovel"? I tried looking but can't find it...TIA!

maybe that same site that showed how to make chloroform, had all that other pertinent information in it and she didn't need to type those other searches separately.....

for example, if that site explained how to make it, maybe it also explained in what particular quantities to use it for what, how to administer it, etc. Just because she typed in 'how to make chloroform', does not mean that the site she viewed 84 times ONLY showed how to make the chloroform and nothing else..... perhaps that particular site had everything in it she was looking for, and she didn't NEED to type in anything else related to using chloroform......

also might explain why that particular site was viewed 84 times...

maybe that same site that showed how to make chloroform, had all that other pertinent information in it and she didn't need to type those other searches separately.....

for example, if that site explained how to make it, maybe it also explained in what particular quantities to use it for what, how to administer it, etc. Just because she typed in 'how to make chloroform', does not mean that the site she viewed 84 times ONLY showed how to make the chloroform and nothing else..... perhaps that particular site had everything in it she was looking for, and she didn't NEED to type in anything else related to using chloroform......

also might explain why that particular site was viewed 84 times...

As I said above, I looked at the web archived copy of the site she visited 84 times (per LE records), and none of those things were addressed on the page. I'll try to find the link for you...

ETA: Here's a link to a great article about the 84 visits to the chloroform site. It also has links to the web archived copies of the page she visited.... http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/06/09/caylee-anthony-case-84-times/

The importance of knowing how much chloroform to give when and how to safely administer it would depend upon what you were going to use the chloroform for.

If what ICA needed to use the chloroform for was to keep Caylee still while she taped over Caylee's face and then bagged her, there was enough information on the page ICA visited 84 times to accomplish that goal. If the chemistry experiment failed, there WAS a 4th piece of duct tape (maybe for binding) found with the remains. Or sitting on Caylee with a leg over each of Caylee's arms would have kept Caylee restrained while leaving ICA's hands free to tape.

As to WHY ICA would need to look at the page 84 times? Ideation (envisioning, visualizing, imagining, fantasizing <about>) is so commonly associated with murder that Merraim-Webster defines usage of the word with this sentence: The psychotic would repeatedly ideate the act of committing murder. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideate

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back