Anthonys pushing for jailhouse funeral for Caylee!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And wasn't it the same type of private meeting with client and parent that sent Baez into orbit the last time?

I have to throw in my 2 cents - if you look at the general population in the county jails and it is nation wide - they are not afforded any special treatment, the rules are not bent in any way. That's not being mean, spiteful or anything but - there are rules and rules need be followed. I am sure there are many detainees in the county jail that have faced personal losses - they don't get any special treatment. Has nothing to do with being innocent until proven otherwise. I do feel for KC's family, but, in light of the situation - KC shouldn't be afforded any special treatment that any other detainee isn't allowed. I didn't say I agreed with the rules or disagreed. It's just a fact. If the jails and/or prisons were to start making exceptions to the rules - OMG all I can forsee is a huge huge surplus of Motions being filed so they can get their special treatment. Just like anything else - if you do for one - you have to do for all. It is county jail not prison (prison is for adjudicated inmates) and yes the detainees are innocent until proven other wise, but, the rules are set for a simple reason - control of the situation.

JMHO

I agree!

I was being my sarcastic self. I guess it doesn't come across well in forums.:crazy:

LOL....../sarcasm

There might be something in the water....no wonder Florida had so many "hanging chads".

I recall a similar meeting being worked out between Casey and George back in August? Didn't this send Baez into a tizzy, threatening police misconduct? Do they really think they have a snowball's chance at this, or is this just more limelight spaghetti, slung at the tv screens to keep us from talking about important things, like evidence...

I can remember when the Hulk's son was in jail and their visits were recorded. KC is no different.

All of the jail inmates have the privlege to have visits from the jail chaplin. This is a way inmates have to get messages to their family and the fanily to get messages to the inmates. All this informatiuon is confidential and this is a way for the inmate to have a way that they feel more comfortable with rather than having all their conversations heard on tape. They also have time to pray with the chaplin and mabey this will help casey with her problems.

I have to throw in my 2 cents - if you look at the general population in the county jails and it is nation wide - they are not afforded any special treatment, the rules are not bent in any way. That's not being mean, spiteful or anything but - there are rules and rules need be followed. I am sure there are many detainees in the county jail that have faced personal losses - they don't get any special treatment. Has nothing to do with being innocent until proven otherwise. I do feel for KC's family, but, in light of the situation - KC shouldn't be afforded any special treatment that any other detainee isn't allowed. I didn't say I agreed with the rules or disagreed. It's just a fact. If the jails and/or prisons were to start making exceptions to the rules - OMG all I can forsee is a huge huge surplus of Motions being filed so they can get their special treatment. Just like anything else - if you do for one - you have to do for all. It is county jail not prison (prison is for adjudicated inmates) and yes the detainees are innocent until proven other wise, but, the rules are set for a simple reason - control of the situation.

JMHO

I totally agree with your post... For security reasons, they would have to record the visit, I would think. Anything could happen. I do not think they should be given special treatment. Sure, everyone in jail has a reason to want a private visit and I'm sure their reason is just as important to them as the Anthony's.

it's really not that strange if you consider the fact that they, or at least cindy (who is clearly the one pushing for this), think she is innocent. if casey were innocent, sure, they would want her to be at this funeral, right? i mean, what would be worse than to miss your own child's funeral because you were falsely accused of murdering her? that sounds pretty terrible :boohoo:

i mean, she's clearly not innocent, but in their warped worldview (and, i should add, in the eyes of the justice system), right now she is not a criminal.

It is just so HARD to follow RULES!

I think that GA has always believed that if he could just talk to KC alone, she would tell him everything. JB does not want to take that chance because his job is to keep KC from incriminating herself onto death row.

KC can watch the memorial on tv along with everyone else. How many prisoners have missed funerals of loved ones? This is the price you pay for getting yourself stuck in the pokey. Does no one in that family understand consequences?

I feel for the A's in that they can never have any physical contact with KC again. I know their arms ache for their daughter/sister and their granddaughter/niece. Their pain is the result of KC's actions and no one can help them out of this.

Will anyone here send condolences to the family? A sympathy card? A prayer card? I think I just might do so. After all, if I have been following their every move and disecting every word, the least I can do is show to myself that no matter what I think of their daughter, I do care about Caylee and sympathize with them in her death.

bold is mine...

Nope they sure don't. Ala, Casey.

Just another example of how this family thinks the rules and laws of society do NOT apply to them. They are SPECIAL, haven't we all gotten that yet, people??? :rolleyes:

LOL. I like you!

JMHO

After Mary Winkler shot her sleeping husband in the back killing him she was allowed to go and spend time with him at the funeral home while she was in jail and charged with murder. Go figure!

Please do NOT ask me why I keep sticking up for Cindy, but is it POSSIBLE, just POSSIBLE that this is Casey's idea and maybe she has said the only way she will release the body for burial is if SHE can be included this way? So maybe someone will see her as a victim? Maybe she had JB run it over to BC and Cindy is so desperate to finally bury Caylee she told BC to try and get the jailhouse service? I could see JB saying he doesn't want to be involved, but if BC wants to try......

I know, I know, maybe ridiculous, but I wouldn't put anything past Casey and the way her mind works.........

Neither would I put much past her mother and the workings of her mind.

From WFTV:

Jail Won't Allow Caylee Funeral Behind Bars

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 – updated: 4:10 pm EST January 28, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Would a funeral inside the jail really bring justice for Caylee? Wednesday afternoon, the Orange County jail told Eyewitness News it will never happen.

Despite some reports, a jail spokesperson told Eyewitness News that no one in the Anthony family has ever asked to hold a memorial there.
Even if they did, the jail spokesperson said, the answer would likely be "no." It's against jail policy.
Casey Anthony is being held at the jail, charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The family has yet to announce a date for Caylee's funeral.

Then why was BC announcing the possibility of a jailhouse service and inciting further anger towards his clients???? It sounds like he's promoting himself instead of acting in the interests of his clients.

I just wish the prosecution would come out with something that would shut this family and their attorneys up once and for all. Checkmate...game over.

yeah, what you said!!:clap:

I can remember when the Hulk's son was in jail and their visits were recorded. KC is no different.

Nope she is not any different and what many seem to be missing is that they are not preventing this meeting to punish anyone. Their JOB is to detain these inmates and they are solely responsible for their safety. Everything is recorded and monitored to keep them safe from corrupt staff, other inmates, and the idea that they are going to allow visitors into an unmonitored space with an inmate is just ridiculous.

If they truly wanted to go and grieve with her they could schedule a video visitation just like every other family that has gone to the jail to share what they can with an inmate following a birth in the family, a wedding, or death.

Their family tragedy may be playing out in front of the world in all its juicy detail, but at the end of the day their tragedy is no more unique or important than anyone elses. When you consider that most murders are committed by someone the victim knows or is related to many people have walked this road before the Anthony's. They just didn't make such a scene doing it.

They've created REASONABLE DOUBT all right--I reasonably doubt the sanity of every single one of them that agrees with this cockamamie decision/request.

The only doubts I have in this case is which one of them was the one who actually ended Caylee's life.

Greta on the record is getting ready to talk about a ham sandwich being a clue in the Anthony case with Mark Furhman. Coming on right now....

Thank you. Once again, much ado about nothing.

Yeah, nothing... oops, well, except that they are continuing their nasty habit of lying even when the things they lie about can be held up their their own eyes and proven as such. They didn't even make such a request yet here's their own lawyer in print (proof of lie) claiming they did.

IMO- this pattaern of lying is much ado about a whole lotta things.

That's an important point we shouldn't forget.

I personally wonder if Conway is asking for a private visit because his clients really DO want to see Casey-- they haven't gotten to see her in months and they haven't gotten to see her since Caylee's remains were found-- and this is the only way it might be possible? It makes sense to me that the A's would want to see Casey whether it's to grill her for information or just to be in the same room with her and cry.

So maybe they just really NEED to see her, for their own psychological well-being or to ask her questions. Casey is obviously NOT going to accept a recorded visit at this point. So maybe they are pushing for privacy bc they feel it's their only hope for getting to meet with Casey?

There are definitely some entitlement issues being worked around, but IMO they might not be Cindy & George's.

You may be on to something Nancy. Maybe the A's want/need to see Casey's reaction and talk with her to get some sort of closure? Maybe they think that without an audio/video visit, she will 'come clean'? Who knows? Maybe they want her to spill the beans and know that it would be the only way she would? Of course, I don't believe Casey ever would admit to anything, but maybe the family is grasping at straws at this point?

I truly believe that it could be as simple as them wanting to hear her tell the truth and knowing that she might be more inclined to do so if there was no recording equipment. But then again, it could be that they are still clinging to the hope that Casey is innocent and deserves to be at a funeral for her daughter. I just don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back