Anthony's Seek Full Immunity#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you just answered the question I asked about the fight. Did we learn of it in the e-mails from CA's brother? Is there a link to that, or can it maybe be found on the wftv site? Where would I find the comments from the neighbors about the fight?

Thanks for helping,
Curious Teachers:)

Yes, Rick is the first one who ever mentioned a "fight"...Most of his original posts are still online. Google "Casey Anthony Rick" or "Rick Casey Anthony". He first wrote on Topix but was also copy and pasted onto some discussion at MSN.

MOO

I'm just now getting around to reading all of this thread, and a questions keeps bothering me. How did we find out about the fight at all, if the A's didn't mention it? Is there a link? I've listened to all of the police interviews several times and read the statements, but can't find it.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Curious Teacher

Very early in the case, Greta Van Susteran was reporting on this case on a nightly basis on her program, On The Record. She had two reporters on the scene in Orlando. One was retired Los Angeles detective, Mark Fuhrman. He was getting a lot of good information. He was the one who first reported that Casey had borrowed a shovel around the 18th of June. He was the first to mention the argument on the night of June 15th. He reported that a neighbor heard yelling and foul language being used.

It was later that we heard more about this fight from Cindy's brother, Rick. He provided some details on the fight - that Cindy attempted to choke Casey. This was confirmation of the neighbor's comment about a fight on June 15th.

I could be wrong but I thought as parents of the accused, they received conferred or implied immunity meaning they could not incriminate themselves but if they do not get the subpoena and testify they are subject to incrimination..no?

Pleading the 5th does not prevent attorneys from questioning you, knowing you will not answer. It usually doesn't go well though, because they can question you continually, in such a way that you appear 100% guilty by not answering.

The statute is in the last pages of the Will George and Cindy Testify thread, but in Fl in a felony case if you are ordered to testify by subpoena you cannot take the fifth, there is limited immunity in that your words cannot be used to prosecute you later, but you are not immune to the crime you may have committed (unless a seperate immunity deal is reached in advance). If subpoenaed they will either answer honestly, commit perjury and be prosecuted, or refuse to answer and be in contempt.

If you testify voluntarily your words can be used against you later, and you could take the fifth. They will all be subpoenaed I think, that is what they meant when they said "the Anthony's will be asked to help convict their daughter".

I'm just now getting around to reading all of this thread, and a questions keeps bothering me. How did we find out about the fight at all, if the A's didn't mention it? Is there a link? I've listened to all of the police interviews several times and read the statements, but can't find it.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Curious Teacher

Hope this helps.

VAN SUSTEREN: Are you able to -- do you have any information about the relationship that Casey might have -- because I know you've spoken to members of the family -- but the current situation between Casey and grandparents or her brother?

FUHRMAN: Well, I can tell you this. I think the brother is the closest to Casey, and maybe that might be because of age. But he seems to be the one that would be the best chance to of getting Casey to actually come clean with just exactly what she knows.

But I can tell you this. While I was still on the ground in Orlando, I talked to one of the immediate neighbors that is within earshot of the Anthony house, and he said that Casey Anthony had one hell of a temper. And he heard her swearing at her mother several times, so loud that he could hear it from his house, and that he would never talk to his parents that way. And he said even Father's Day weekend, that was going on. So whether that's true or not, it's something that he's observed and heard on repeated times. We'd never heard that before, and so that's interesting all unto itself.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did the parents or the grandparents -- did they say anything to corroborate that, or Lee, or anyone say anything that would tend to corroborate the neighbor's statement?

FUHRMAN: No. Exactly the opposite. In fact, I asked Cindy Anthony and George if there was a fight that they had with Casey that weekend or any time close to the time when she took Caylee and left, and they absolutely said not. And that seems to be, you know, a direct conflict with a neighbor who on that weekend said that there was, you know, an argument.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402098,00.html

Just read the article...amazing...bradley won't let them talk?? He seems to be getting something in the news daily....tells me CA is having a Tissiy-fit...any day now we will hear from her.

That baby should have been buried by now...AUTOPSY?...there is nothing to do an autopsy on. The only thing they could accomplish in an exam is to improve the State's case. The State gave a favorable report to the defense. What a game Baez is playing. The Anthonys are stalling. Active imaginations are left to figure it out.

loved it when on JVM show yesterday and Monday when the MEs were asked about why the defense would want an autopsy they both implied that they didn't and the one yesterday simply stated "postering".....

I just read the Sentinel article that states that they "need" immunity before they will talk to prosecution. *sighs* Every day, it is something new... something else thrown in to slow down the process of getting justice for Caylee's murder. :(

it is my understanding that they can subpoena them, they can question them on the stand, but they cannot force them to incriminate themselves. IOW's they can make them talk about KC's actions, but cannot force them to talk about any actions they themselves have taken that might have been against the law as long as they claim protection under the 5th amendment. Pros can ask the question, but if the A's claim the 5th they cannot continue to question on that particular issue. They can continue to question on other issues however. But as far as I am aware there is no implied immunity for testimony if the person receives a subpoena.

[Question from Canada] - Does Florida also have a law with regards to spouses that says they cannot be compelled to testify against each other? If so, wouldn't this in itself negate the need for one to "turn" on the other in exchange for some sort of deal?

I am so angry I am shaking. I just woke up, poured my morning coffee and logged on here, and what do I see? Immunity? Oh, HELL NO!!!!!
If they are given immunity, after lying, covering up, trashing LE and everyone who tried to help, I will blow a gasket. All of this could have been over a long time ago had they been honest.
Further, if Caylee's body had not been found, they would still be going on every TV show they could claiming more "live sightings".
This cannot be allowed.

I don't know that CA could have intimidated Casey's friends- but I do believe LE could have and might have.

After all, we are talking about a wild group of young adults. Drinking, clubbing, drug use, sexual promiscuity. Not all out of the norm for that age group but many fo them are also in college and working toward having a productive life.

The financial offers that have probably come from various media outlets would be too tempting for all of these kids to decline. Other than Jesse G and Kiomarie, we've heard from none of them. And the more we have seen of CA, the less inclined they would have been to comply with her requests. She has tried to throw everyone under the bus to protect Casey.

What I think happened is CA had that meeting with her friends and tried to compel the friends to not tell the truth or not tell the whole story. When LE met with them individually, they made it very clear that if they didn't cooperate and tell the whole truth their futures could be ruined with OJ and other charges. And LE likely also leaned heavily on them to keep their butts out of the press.

I don't mean to paint with a broad stroke when I say this but people of that age group are fairly self centered and are also inclined to take the easy way out with regard to money. Heck, if a news show offered any young adult five figures and a trip to NY or LA to talk about their murderous friend, I can't imagine many that would decline because they promised that murderous friend's mother they would keep quiet.

But I can definitely see LE leveraging their behavior to keep them quiet in order to preserve their futures and their reputations.

This makes me very mad!!!! I think that after this case I am going to need some therapy. I was reading in the other post about the 2 hours between the last call and LE arriving. I am beginning to think that in those 2 hours everything was revealed, and they went over a whole bunch of stuff to make sure their stories were straight. That could explain the whole "don't worry, I didn't tell them anything" statement from Casey to Cindy. :behindbar IMO they all deserve to be behind bars!

Thread #1

Continue here.

UPDATED ARTICLE 12-30-2008

Caylee Anthony story: WESH reports that George and Cindy Anthony won't help prosecution without immunity

<snipped>
But at 6 p.m. WESH-Channel 2 then turned to the Caylee Anthony saga. Bob Kealing reported that the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony says they will cooperate in daughter Casey's prosecution -- "only if their words aren't used against them."

Attorney Brad Conway told Kealing, "We've discussed immunity, and I won't put them in a room until I get it."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...televisio.html

I don't know how to understand this.
So they admit that they CAN help the prosecution,meaning that they are willing to betray Casey NOW?Doesn't this mean that they hindered the investigation so far?
And it's a bit arrogant>>>"only if their words aren't used against them."

Why did they started the circus in the beginning anyway then?

McSev, I have to agree with you there. If the state truly NEEDS the testimony in order to have a solid case, by all means, they should do whatever it takes to get it. Bringing justice to Caylee is without question the number one goal. Plea deals and offers of immunity are extremely commonplace, as you say, and Conway is looking out for his clients -- I agree.

What I take issue with is the gall of anyone to actually publicly announce that they will tell the truth *only* if they get a free pass (and, depending on what they've done, that could be a huge free pass) when they should have offered the entire truth all throughout for Caylee's sake, and should not have to be guaranteed a free pass in order to speak the truth for HER benefit now. Very unseemly to me...gives me the creeps that they have to get something in return for telling the truth when that truth brings justice to their grandbaby. It's overdue. They owe it to her, and they owe it to her unconditionally, IMO.

I do understand it from a legal standpoint and from Conway's perspective, but I think he chose a very poor way to express himself. I like him very much from what I've seen -- I think the Anthonys would have been so much better off if he'd been directing them from the beginning. Of course, they wouldn't heed NeJame, so they probably wouldn't have listened to Conway at that point, either. Seems only now that they're faced with being in trouble themselves are they willing to listen to counsel. (Actually, I think George was ready for that long ago, but his life would've been hell had he not done as Cindy wanted him to do...jmo.)

Just a disclaimer - I am not arguing with your post and I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. What many are speaking of (and are infuriated about) is the moral obligation most of us would have to tell the truth in a situation such as this and we can't understand why this family doesn't. Doing what's right isn't always easy, and it's my experience that just because I choose this path of morality for myself, some do not. For me, I put a lot of value in the truth more than any action necessary to reveal it: I don't care what has to be done to get it.

I've also seen that some feel finding Caylee's remains means that the prosecution won't need the family's testimony. The original focus of the prosecution's grand jury case was already developed in the direction that Caylee was no longer with us. LE and the SA Office both developed their case on this premise: having remains found and identified doesn't change that, I don't think. For example, having the father (mother or brother, too) of the person accused of this crime state they smelled what they thought was human decomp in the car is damaging testimony to the defense from a jurist's perspective, IMO.

I don't know that CA could have intimidated Casey's friends- but I do believe LE could have and might have.

We probably don't know everything these friends have stated either, some of that may be in LE's back pocket. And didn't we see all kinds of witness statements wherin they effectively stated at the bottom that "I have not contacted or spoken with the media about this"? By the repetitive nature of that statement, it seems to me something LE would have prompted, not that individual, seperate witnesses would add to their statements of their own volition.

Hope this has not been mentioned before but if the A's were granted full immunity does that cover commiting perjury on the witness stand during the trial also?

UPDATE Anthony's Have Agreed To Cooperate!

Anthonys Want Immunity In Exchange For Cooperation
Private Investigator To Be Questioned In Caylee Case
POSTED: 7:45 pm EST December 28, 2008
UPDATED: 9:19 am EST December 31, 2008

<snipped>
George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of Caylee Anthony, have agreed to cooperate with prosecutors as long as they are guaranteed immunity, according to their attorney.

Sources said they are going to be asked to help convict their daughter, Casey Anthony, who sits in jail charged with first-degree murder.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18371232/detail.html

I'll believe when I see it......Maybe they are ready to finally be a voice for Caylee. I doubt it yet at this time though. :crazy:

:clap:
If they did nothing wrong they wouldn't need immunity
Bad behavior should be seen for what it is, people can grieve without breaking the law!
People can love their children without breaking the law!

I would have a different opinion had they come forward with the truth months ago.
Caylee deserved honesty from her family.

I may in the minority here but why not grant them immunity if it helps prosecute KC. They didn't kill Caylee and I don't think they significantly delayed the case against KC.
Once KC is behind bars for good, I don't the DA is going to file charges against two grieving grandparents.
A delay can change the case immensely. Had the body been found in August then more then likely there may have been enough tissue on the bones to get a cause of death.
CA refused to give the search team a Caylee Garment because the more time they can buy with the hopes of going to trial without a body, the more likely it would help Casey. TIME can change the outcome of the trial. JMHO.
While they are her parents and knew they lost one, they did what they felt was their responsibility for the other one. Help save Casey from the general population of a prison.
But that is just what they always did for Casey; let her get away with too much.
It actually baffles me that they did not know she had not been working for 2 years, OR did they know? Are they just sticking together? I think they are.

I read this article this morning about What Are Caylee's Grandparents Hiding?
http://www.momlogic.com/2008/12/casey_anthony_caylee_anthony_c_1.php

UPDATE Anthony's Have Agreed To Cooperate!

Anthonys Want Immunity In Exchange For Cooperation
Private Investigator To Be Questioned In Caylee Case
POSTED: 7:45 pm EST December 28, 2008
UPDATED: 9:19 am EST December 31, 2008

<snipped>
George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of Caylee Anthony, have agreed to cooperate with prosecutors as long as they are guaranteed immunity, according to their attorney.

Sources said they are going to be asked to help convict their daughter, Casey Anthony, who sits in jail charged with first-degree murder.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18371232/detail.html

I'll believe when I see it......Maybe they are ready to finally be a voice for Caylee. I doubt it yet at this time though. :crazy:

you know what bothers me is that to tell the truth they place conditions on it....conditional truth....go figure...then you get jb proclaiming that his defense is centered on seeking the truth??? Just makes me sick!!! :furious::furious:

I do think that that ride home from the airport was an enlightening moment of truth for the a's about lack of co-operation....At this point if you have to bargin for the truth---I say throw the book at them--all of them--then they can have their "private moments" in the jail...shame on them!!!!!

Thread #1

Continue here.

UPDATED ARTICLE 12-30-2008

Caylee Anthony story: WESH reports that George and Cindy Anthony won't help prosecution without immunity

<snipped>
But at 6 p.m. WESH-Channel 2 then turned to the Caylee Anthony saga. Bob Kealing reported that the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony says they will cooperate in daughter Casey's prosecution -- "only if their words aren't used against them."
Attorney Brad Conway told Kealing, "We've discussed immunity, and I won't put them in a room until I get it."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...televisio.html

Well, as disappointing as it is, it looks like the Anth's have found the perfect attorney in Brad Conway. It appears that he is in agreement that they don't have to play by the rules like the rest of the population does, in telling the truth, just for the sake of telling the truth. They seem to think they are above that, and will only tell the truth if it is self-serving, otherwise they will stick to the lies they have already told. That being the case, and with their past history of lying, what value is their testimony? Will it be half-truth, 2/3 truth. 3/4 truth? Too iffy- just go with the evidence. IMHO

you know what bothers me is that to tell the truth they place conditions on it....conditional truth....go figure...then you get jb proclaiming that his defense is centered on seeking the truth??? Just makes me sick!!! :furious::furious:

I do think that that ride home from the airport was an enlightening moment of truth for the a's about lack of co-operation....At this point if you have to bargin for the truth---I say throw the book at them--all of them--then they can have their "private moments" in the jail...shame on them!!!!!

I agree, it's like a slap in the face to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro