April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but he took the last of it to a whole new level by directly asking for the supplements in a way that was as condescending to Kurtz. He should have stuck to "rise above" (And he did for a long while)

You mean on the eyewitness who contacted Kurtz's office? Yeah, I could see where that conversation came from and was going and I could see that the detective did not want to admit to saying what he said in a recorded conversation. I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with the criminal case against Brad but it was something that may have been just a bit unprofessional on the part of the detective? Maybe?

Not being racist, Lori, I promise, but I believe it could be a factor here.

Why? Okay, maybe not JUST race, but socio-eco AND foreigner status.

I think the fact that she was Canadian and seemingly well-off (even though mismanaged) could play poorly with them.

I didn't say you were....and I don't think you are. Just personal choice for me, without any judgment I promise. I just don't say anything here that I wouldn't say out in a public street....off limits for me personally are religion, race,politics and money. Sorry, you guys have at it and I'm sorry if I made you feel I was making a criticism....I really am not and will read any posts. All good?

I didn't say you were....and I don't think you are. Just personal choice for me, without any judgment I promise. I just don't say anything here that I wouldn't say out in a public street....off limits for me personally are religion, race,politics and money. Sorry, you guys have at it and I'm sorry if I made you feel I was making a criticism....I really am not and will read any posts. All good?

Just CYA so that I could clarify I felt the possible bearing. It might even be subconscious. So strange. (To think how fickle it could all be looking)

Tagging on the topic of how the jury will perceive things though.....I do think the DA needs to bring NC more to life in that court room as to who she was, how she lived her life, her love for her family, children and friends etc. I think they are lacking in an emotional feeling towards NC so far....think they can do so much better in this regard. I hope they do this in closing.

I was pizzed no pics, but now I know it was understandable on 7-12.
If they pressed, he would have clammed up.

Kids?
More like 3 surface abrasions from Nancy's dying fingers?

BTW, anyone know if she had Lee press-on nails?

Nancy doesn't doesn't strike me as the Lee press-on nail type of girl. Plus, in that picture of her in THE green dress where she's holding up her middle finger and (looked to me) to be showing a black dot on her nail I paid close attention to her nails. They looked short and clipped.

Lori, I understand your position.
Unfortunately, race and LE is still an issue in this country.
Can it sometimes effect justice? I think so.

So, the pictures of the house thing...was it really that messy looking to you guys?

I saw clutter and some mess, but not like in an uninhabitable form. More like in a packing/moving/staying/leaving/what-were-we-doing way.

Also, I think DD got heavily misquoted in MSM today. I think the "anger" side of things just garners more sympathy than needed to get a fair trial. he certainly didn't mean to do that.

Nancy doesn't doesn't strike me as the Lee press-on nail type of girl. Plus, in that picture of her in THE green dress where she's holding up her middle finger and (looked to me) to be showing a black dot on her nail I paid close attention to her nails. They looked short and clipped.

Ahhh.
Red rub marks vs scratches.
Thaxx

Since Kurtz tried to get in the testimony of the woman who was so sure that she saw Nancy, I wonder if that means he's not planning to call her as a witness. I have been SO looking forward to her testimony on the witness stand.

Just CYA so that I could clarify I felt the possible bearing. It might even be subconscious. So strange. (To think how fickle it could all be looking)

Sorry, but what is CYA :blushing: And, oh, I think we are all going to gasp if we ever hear from the jury how they were thinking. It always seems that they pick out the smallest item and run with it.....who knows how they will weigh the evidence. They will certainly pull from their own lives and experiences which I assume you were touching on earlier.

Since Kurtz tried to get in the testimony of the woman who was so sure that she saw Nancy, I wonder if that means he's not planning to call her as a witness. I have been SO looking forward to her testimony on the witness stand.

Was that a work-around on RZ we were seeing today? Like maybe something really is incredible there? (not credible? uncredible?)

So, the pictures of the house thing...was it really that messy looking to you guys?

I saw clutter and some mess, but not like in an uninhabitable form. More like in a packing/moving/staying/leaving/what-were-we-doing way.

Also, I think DD got heavily misquoted in MSM today. I think the "anger" side of things just garners more sympathy than needed to get a fair trial. he certainly didn't mean to do that.

The clutter didn't bother me as much as the clothes all over the place. That would drive me nuts! Who am I kidding? The boxes would drive me nuts too. I have trouble living out of a suitcase when on vacation.

Was that a work-around on RZ we were seeing today? Like maybe something really is incredible there? (not credible? uncredible?)

That was my thought. He wanted to slip that in there because he does not want to put her on the stand to get crossed by the state.

I didn't find the detective to be arrogant at all. It's difficult to maintain ones composure while being whined at IMO. I thought he did a great job. Much rather watch somebody who comes across as confident then someone who is squirming. I totally agree, anger and rage behind the murder. The sight witness line of questioning struck me as opposite to what most have spoken of here. I thought Kurtz came off looking bad IMO. I totally got what GD was saying. 'You said you had info that we hadn't followed up on, yet you don't give it to us to check out.'

The clutter didn't bother me as much as the clothes all over the place. That would drive me nuts! Who am I kidding? The boxes would drive me nuts too. I have trouble living out of a suitcase when on vacation.

Dirty dishes are disgusting.. clean it up and teach kids to at least put them in the sink for you to clean later.. ketchup on the table- yuck.

I do think he will call her. I think he just really wanted CPD to explain why they didn't spend a lot of time following up with her and he wanted the jury to note that. I think he made his point.

Dirty dishes are disgusting.. clean it up and teach kids to at least put them in the sink for you to clean later.. ketchup on the table- yuck.

IF (BIG if intentional) he really was concerned about his missing wife, I could see him quickly feeding the children (I still cringe when I see them referred to as "kids") and rushing out the door. I didn't see evidence of the caring part but would have to give him the benefit of the doubt on leaving behind the dishes. Me? I would have at least taken the time to put them in the sink and run water over them. Plus put the ketchup back in the 'fridge.

Really? I am still amazed that I just read this. All African-Americans are not a Tyler Perry movie character. And as an African-American I did find it offensive. My impression I'm sure shared by members of the jury was not "Uh Huh" it was more like "Did he really just say he took photos to have for prosperity???"

With complete respect going out to everyone regardless of sex, race, etc.. Yes, I think it makes a difference. He had a "tell it like it is" attitude I think they will all relate to. I can just picture them thinking to themselves "UH HUH" when Det D was on the stand. That's just my opinion and hope no one is offended by me saying that.

For example: If it was someone that was a southerner on the sand with a thick accent and we were in the deeper south (Raleigh is not deep south we are all from the north here lol) then the jury might be able to relate better to a thick accent southerner person. I hope this makes sense.

I do think he will call her. I think he just really wanted CPD to explain why they didn't spend a lot of time following up with her and he wanted the jury to note that. I think he made his point.

Based on Mr. Cummings remarks, I don't think she has much value to add to the defense case. I guess we will see pretty soon.

IF (BIG if intentional) he really was concerned about his missing wife, I could see him quickly feeding the children (I still cringe when I see them referred to as "kids") and rushing out the door. I didn't see evidence of the caring part but would have to give him the benefit of the doubt on leaving behind the dishes. Me? I would have at least taken the time to put them in the sink and run water over them. Plus put the ketchup back in the 'fridge.

That house had been in various stages of that disarray since April, hadn't it.

My heart breaks for those lil ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member