April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....Just did some quick reading. This must be a new finding....I can't find anything that would indicate there is an accurate way to measure the "age" of bodily fluids...or what that might prove...serology may not yield DNA for a variety of reasons...it is easily cross contaminated...but I can't find a thing about telling the age through serology....Do you have a source I can reference?

You can find it if you keep looking, but I believe you know fresh vomitus and urine, within three days would have a different appearance and celluar velocity as vomit and urine that has been there three years.

Edit: I meant to write viscosity, not velocity.

JF was talking about 2 detectives.
Daniels was the only one that admitted he used a phone to make and receive calls and knew nothing more. Sorry I said "detectives"

Young stated the same thing. I am not even going to try and pull it up, but I know it included the words: "I've had a blackberry for the last eighteen months." and "I do not know what a sim-card is."

It was quoted in the paper, with quotations marks, why do you keep avoiding the issue? I know it doesn't fit your scenario, but why the subtefuge?

I am not avoiding the issue.
Speaking of, what is the issue???

Cooper zoomed in on aerial photos of Fielding Drive at exactly 1:15:27 p.m. on July 11, 2008.

Young stated the same thing. I am not even going to try and pull it up, but I know it included the words: "I've had a blackberry for the last eighteen months." and "I do not know what a sim-card is."

Daniels is the only one I recall that admitted he was ignorant on cell phone technology.

You can find it if you keep looking, but I believe you know fresh vomitus and urine, within three days would have a different appearance and celluar velocity as vomit and urine that has been there three years.

I guess this is an "agree to disagree" issue. I doubt there is any difference after 24 hours...I'm posting while I'm working on "stuff" for my real job....Can't spend anymore time looking for something I doubt exists...Carry on...:D

TOD was within a 12 to 14 hr span per M.E.

Then, with onion segment still in her stomach and no other food, with digestion time for onion up to 4 hrs, and her leaving party around midnight or so, that narrows TOD down. Long enough to digest the food, but short enough for onion segment to still be in stomach contents.

Then with bug guy TOD was within a 10 hr span, with his opinion most likely between 1am and 6am.

OT Question, anybody else in the Raleigh area with bellsouth email? I haven't been able to get into my email all day. Just wondering if the problem is widespread?

Can someone firmly on the guilty side give me an idea of why Nancy was found only in a sports bra? Are we thinking she was still in the dress from the party when she died or what?

If NC had on the green dress when she was killed, BC would have had to do something with it to agree with his "went for a run" story, and also to get her out of the dress if indeed it had a stain on it from vomit or other bodily fluids/solids during the strangulation.

He may not have had time to further clothe her due to being in a hurry, which is also indicated by the mistake with the two left/two right shoes, or he might have had a problem finding running shorts, etc.

He may have wanted it to look like she was attacked -- but then there's the earrings... If she slept in jeans that night, and he killed her when she was sleeping, the jeans would never do, either. I'm sure there's other theories on this part of the situation as well.

the early morning phone call means nothing really...everyone time yourselves...how long does it take to say pickup laundry soap and green drink..maybe for kurtz it would take 30 seconds but not the average person

plus nancy was barely talking to him..no way she would have called him she would have gone her self...rather than speak to him

For all of those people that do not believe that Brad is guilty...do you believe that he did in fact have motive, means and opportunity and the 6:40 a.m. phone call is confusing things or do you not believe that he had a motive, the means or the opportunity. Just curious!!

I'm on the guilty side of the fence (barely), but the 6:40 call drives me crazy. I simply don't believe it was spoofed.

The jury wants to go home...did you miss that???

So are you suggesting that the defense shouldn't have the right to present a defense? If the jury is pissed, they ought to be pissed at the prosecution for presenting way too many witnesses that added nothing more than Brad's a bad husband and had an affair. I think we got the picture after about the 15th witness testifying to that.

Everyone is different. I think it's easier to listen to Kurtz than Cummings. I'm sure some on the jury were sick of listening to the endless, meaningless questions posed by Cummings.

That, and the way he would say "Okay" once the witness answered his question. Almost like he wasn't expecting the answer he got....except he does it over and over. Then long pause and finally the next question. Cummings drives me nuts. He did do better with Detective Daniels though.

the early morning phone call means nothing really...everyone time yourselves...how long does it take to say pickup laundry soap and green drink..maybe for kurtz it would take 30 seconds but not the average person

plus nancy was barely talking to him..no way she would have called him she would have gone her self...rather than speak to him

BBM...AND, it is this very reasoning that causes me to doubt NC was discussing a stain on her dress with BC...

A couple of random thoughts...I doubt very much that NC told BC that he didn't need to leave work to get the "allowance" for her...Didn't she need to pay for dresses Saturday...she had them on hold at a store for the girls? (I believe the store donated them for the funeral...)

Anytime there is someone listed as missing...the investigation into homicide is secondary and all efforts are initially directed at finding the person. (Unless, of course, foul play is apparent.)

For those of you concerned about BC's rights...that is exactly what LE was doing on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday until NC's body was found. LE was respecting BC's legal right and treated him as a spouse with a missing wife. They did not push the investigation until they had more information. As things became clearer...IMO LE was more suspicious of BC, but still respected his rights. I tire of hearing that LE was inept because they did not initially treat BC as a suspect. (AND, I can imagine the outcry from many of the NG's if LE had acted otherwise...)

That, and the way he would say "Okay" once the witness answered his question. Almost like he wasn't expecting the answer he got....except he does it over and over. Then long pause and finally the next question. Cummings drives me nuts. He did do better with Detective Daniels though.

Except the spot where he started yelling at him for not answering right. :floorlaugh:

I've been suspicious all along about that letter/email re NC's phone. I think BC erased it and the attys knew it -- so that when CPD or whoever accessed it, it would be empty and CPD would assume they did something wrong to screw it up. I know the how's & whens & whats need work, but your theory or a variation of mine seems likely to me. BC was the phone & gadget expert...

No he wasn't.

So she didn't call him numerous times on the 11th? Then who made all those calls to BC that he didn't answer? Who made the one to him at 2:30 that he did answer? Who called him from the party so Mike Hiller could set up tennis plans? I mean, since she would obviously rather go to the store herself then call him to pick something up from the store, then someone else had to make all of those calls on the 11th. So who was it?

You do remember that there was testimony that they were having friends over on the night of the 12th, right? Doesn't sound like she was "barely talking to him" to me. They were still living together and interacting together.

Are all our posters from the NC area okay?

On the Google map - I did it the day they found her body. The satellite pics only showed woods where the body was dumped, with animation of the street overlayed. So - we all know Google map pics can be months or years old. That was a brand new section of the subdivision. If he was looking for a dump location, Google maps was not his tool. It only showed the older existing homes.

I think there is absolutely NO chance that he picked the body dump site using that google search. There simply wasn't enough time (41 seconds) to do it. And they didn't show him ever going back to it. I think that if the google search is valid (ie, it happened on the 11th at that time), and there is nothing as of now to show it wasn't, then he did it to try and remember the name of the street or location because he had been there before either jogging or biking. That's the only explanation that seems logical to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC