April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wallsburg Ct SW was served 7-16. (Brad stopped talking)
Anybody recall when the HT video was seized by CPD?

to add on to your questions, when did they see it, when did they seize it, when did they watch the video and when did they see that 2 different shoes were worn. probably took at least a couple days to get the tape and review everything. July 14 or 15 before they knew what they needed to look for in the way of suspect's clothes and shoes? July 15th is when they got the search warrant.

I think the video was requested on July 12 (per Detective Young) and received on the 13th.

No idea when they saw it though.

I think the other inept things CPD did opened the door for the shoes comments. No one would expect them to ask for the shoes until they saw the HT video. I have no idea when they saw that.

What other inept things did they do that opened the door for the shoes comments?

Capture-5.jpg

10-29-08 SW of his home after his arrest.
Before the home was cleared.

For those that think CPD never looked for those shoes or his clothing.

<<THUD>>

I don''t think anyone would suggest that they would ask him for shoes on July 12th. And, yes, BC lawyered up as any smart person would have done.

But, cody100 .... what I have a huge problem with is BC himself. Forget BC and his needs at the time. The mother of his 2 little girls goes missing, later found murdered and dumped a few miles from his house - and the guy does zip, zero, zilch. Looks the other way, gets lawyers, shuts up, leaving LE to dig for themselves.

May be way off side, but here's my 2-cents: Did BC ever stop to think for a moment what his daughters may ask him one day in the distant future?

"Daddy, why did you do so little to help investigators in mama's murder case? Why did so many strange things go on; all those midnight store trips - mama's clothes missing; your bickering and fighting and all? OK so maybe you hated her, but she was still our mama. What about us, Daddy? What about what we needed, for mama, from you?"

Pretty callous actions IMO ... the man thinks, operates and speaks for and of himself only.

If cops don't ask a spouse for their own shoes the moment a person goes missing then they are inept. If they ask for the shoes they are rushing to judgement. If they look for shoes later with a search warrant they are incompetent. There is no winning or an exact right time for anything the cops do. Always looked at like everything they do is either bumbling or corrupt, or both at the same time.

That is quite an exaggeration. If the prosecution points to a video that shows a change in shoes and indicates this may be suspicious and LE never looks for nor asks for those shoes then yes they look bumbling corrupt or both.

July 12 6:20am Cooper seen wearing the deck or tennis shoes with the white rim at Harris Teeter.

July 12 3pm Cops are at Cooper house

From July 12 at 3pm on, Cooper is under surveillance by the cops and followed when he leaves the home for the next several days, beyond the search warrant and removal of items from the home.

Those shoes were never seen and never found. It is obvious that cooper disposed of or otherwise hid those shoes between 6:45am and 2:59pm on Sat July 12, so they would never be found.

Capture-5.jpg

10-29-08 SW of his home after his arrest.
Before the home was cleared.

For those that think CPD never looked for those shoes or his clothing.

<<THUD>>

That is quite an exaggeration. If the prosecution points to a video that shows a change in shoes and indicates this may be suspicious and LE never looks for nor asks for those shoes then yes they look bumbling corrupt or both.

But they did.(see JTF quote ).and never found nor turned over..Its hard to test or evaluate a piece of evidence IF never found......Then by your reasoning, LE was corrupt for NOT doing something they should have and the defendent is totally absolved of any responsibility as to why they were never found.....AllllRighty then:waitasec:

BTW LE could not ask for those shoes, prior to arrest since Brad was not considered a suspect, and was lawyered up...LE couldnt demand anything under those circumstances now could they?

What other inept things did they do that opened the door for the shoes comments?

Did you seriously ask that question? I assume you watched a different court proceeding. I will give you one example among many: One officer says he saw straw, never tells anyone about it, then suddenly several years later writes it into his notes . That is just one thing.

Did you seriously ask that question? I assume you watched a different court proceeding. I will give you one example among many: One officer says he saw straw, never tells anyone about it, then suddenly several years later writes it into his notes . That is just one thing.

Yes I seriously asked that question. And no need to be sarcastic.

You pointed to inept things the cops did that specifically opened the door for comments about the search and seizure of Cooper's shoes from July 12th. Those shoes were searched for. They were listed in a search warrant. They were not searched for on July 12th as the case was about a missing person, not a dead and discarded person. Those shoes were gone by 3pm on July 12. The pope asking for them wouldn't have gotten them either.

July 12 6:20am Cooper seen wearing the deck or tennis shoes with the white rim at Harris Teeter.

July 12 3pm Cops are at Cooper house

From July 12 at 3pm on, Cooper is under surveillance by the cops and followed when he leaves the home for the next several days, beyond the search warrant and removal of items from the home.

Those shoes were never seen and never found. It is obvious that cooper disposed of or otherwise hid those shoes between 6:45am and 2:59pm on Sat July 12, so they would never be found.

Seems that 2 hour ride (remember he was driving around like a madman looking for Nancy:rolling:) was very beneficial to his cause.

Brad disposed of everything he wore that day very early on, IMO maybe not the jacket (can't recall info on the zipped-up July-heat jacket). May also have disposed of NC's undergarments if they became soiled during the struggle. NC hadn't graduated to putting on PJs - no need to throw them away - could easily have put whatever she wore to sleep in, in the laundry.

Odd he did so much laundry, all of a sudden, when previously he only washed his own clothes. NC did hers and the little ones washing. Odd he suddenly cleaned the garage. Odd he cleaned only the trunk of his car. Funny all the things needed to clear him - he already cleaned right off the slate. Permanently. Doesn't even this small detail make you go "ooh, er ...?"

The cop saw the pieces of hay on July 15 before the search warrant was served. He should have said something about it to one of the lead detectives but he didn't. That was a mistake. The search warrant was issued and the crime scene tape went up and Cooper had to leave the home. His shoes were never found.

My only common sense response to that young officer not documenting that piece of straw, is very simple and common sese for me..He was sent there to secure the residence for serving the SW and seizure of that residence..advising Brad of the same..HE was NOT there to document just observe things werent altered or changed....It was much later and in heinsight, that piece of straw clicked in his head....No more no less..Incompetent..Nope not according to his job description.

I cant help but feel the HATE from some towards both LE and Prosecutors..Maybe hate is a strong word..certainly distrust, and lack of respect..Anyway. I understand people wanting or expecting prosecutors toprove their case..But to continually BASH a Det. everyone associated with the prosecution is very telling :truce:..Yes, I have witnessed poorly prosecuted cases before, even underhandedness..but really in truly it is very telling to me of just who is On a Fence, and who is NOT...:crazy:

He had an extra pair of shoes with him. Put the 1st trip shoes in an HT bag (if he had one), threw them in a dumpster on the way home.

In the deposition, when he first talked about the gas in his trunk, he admitted he was a slob, had towels, shirts, stuff in his car/trunk. I wouldn't doubt, in the middle of july, that Brad might have an extra pair or two of sandles in his car

Seems that 2 hour ride (remember he was driving around like a madman looking for Nancy:rolling:) was very beneficial to his cause.

Wonder if one of his stops was at Goodwill to make a donation? :) Did they ever find the zipped pullover jacket he wore that morning? He was in shorts and t-shirt by the afternoon. At least one dumpster got a present. Maybe several did.

Phew! What an ordeal. It seems I put myself on a time out!

This is a public service announcement so that others don't make the same mistake that I did: If you change your email address on this forum, make sure the new email account actually works before you submit it or you will be locked out and won't be able to get back in!

I wonder if either side of this trial will present evidence, or lack of, indicating the presence of mica, the same composition as fielding drive, in the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee