GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Guy Cannady is her step-father from what I have been told. I do not know if her biological father is in the picutre.

I noticed her mom's demeanor and actions seemed to indicate that she was on some type of sedative. I know I would have to be.

The whole case breaks my heart. I brought up the creepy Corvette forum guy but I don't know if it's more than a coincidence. Can't hurt to look at it, though.

Also, what I heard them say is that the perp 'may not even be in the state of Arkansas any longer'. I didn't hear the part saying that they thought he/she had left AR. Edited to clarify.. I took it that they were saying 'we don't know who did this, and for all we noe they not even be in the state anymore'

Wow, so the parents didn't even live in LR, they happened to be visiting LR at the time of the attack?

I have no gut feeling that the parents were involved, but it just seems so odd that it were to happen while they were in town visiting and therefore the mom was the one to happen upon the scene.

The Angel of Death name is from a Slayer song. I don't think it is too much of a stretch for someone who likes fast cars to like loud heavy music. Slayer might not be everyone's cup of tea but the nick name is not anything that I think has to do with anything.
I saw the forum, while some people here might think it is creepy in light of what happened to Anne, the forum is nothing new. I think it is a guy thing, and the Slayer reference is a generational thing.

Just had to pipe in because this is not the first time I have seen the whole discussion go in strange directions because of details that make sense to some but not others for whatever reason. (OLD FOLKS!!!) :crazy:

I think you're absolutely right to pipe in like that. Don't necessarily expect it to put an off-track discussion back on track, though (I'm saying that in general, not specifically about this thread). People get fixed on things. They also don't read the entire thread -- I'm guilty of that, myself.

To me, it's a good idea to eliminate doubt about anyone, but it's a bad idea to persecute them. I've got a lot of info on Mr. AoD right now, but I'll never use it unless he ends up a suspect.

I check this women's blog sometimes. She does 'forensic' astrology charts for unsolved murders or missing people (I know, I know) but I thought I would put the link for anyone who is interested in looking at it. I have seen it mentioned here that LE believes this might have been someone who did work around Anne's house, etc - the author of this chart certainly seems to think that is what the chart is telling her.

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/

She's an older blonde, but...the connection to the Corvette forum and that these 2 woman are placed there, is amazing sleuthing. This has to be the connection. Maybe Tina knew something.

Hi,

Tina Caronna was my cousin. We grew up together. This murder has plenty of cloak and dagger, but given the circumstances I doubt it had to do with a member of the Corvette club. I am new and don't seem to be able to start a separate thread for Tina's case, so I'll just go from here.

Tina was last seen alive on Saturday morning, October 25th at 9:30 AM. She rolled down the heavily tinted window of her SUV to exchange waves with a neighbor. She was to complete the following three tasks:

1. Buy refreshments for a "Corvette Club" party that evening.
2. Return a dress
3. Vote (early voting in TN)

She never completed either of the first two tasks, and the public has received no information as to whether or not she voted. None of her credit cards were used the entire day.

Although she and her vehicle would not be found until the following Monday morning, residents in the area where the SUV was found confirm it had been there at least since 6PM Saturday afternoon.

The vehicle was left in "Bartlett" which is pretty much a Memphis suburb, but is incorporated, thus it has its own police department.

When the SUV was located mid-morning, Monday, October 27th Tina was lying dead in the back seat. The vehicle was perfectly parked and the doors were locked.

The police have been very tight-lipped about the investigation.

Tina was a popular, gregarious and successful woman. She was a vice president at a bond firm. She had been married to her second husband for 15 years. She thought the sun rose and set on her husband, but her husband was generally not trusted throughout the family.

Hi,

Tina Caronna was my cousin. We grew up together. This murder has plenty of cloak and dagger, but given the circumstances I doubt it had to do with a member of the Corvette club. I am new and don't seem to be able to start a separate thread for Tina's case, so I'll just go from here.

Tina was last seen alive on Saturday morning, October 25th at 9:30 AM. She rolled down the heavily tinted window of her SUV to exchange waves with a neighbor. She was to complete the following three tasks:

1. Buy refreshments for a "Corvette Club" party that evening.
2. Return a dress
3. Vote (early voting in TN)

She never completed either of the first two tasks, and the public has received no information as to whether or not she voted. None of her credit cards were used the entire day.

Although she and her vehicle would not be found until the following Monday morning, residents in the area where the SUV was found confirm it had been there at least since 6PM Saturday afternoon.

The vehicle was left in "Bartlett" which is pretty much a Memphis suburb, but is incorporated, thus it has its own police department.

When the SUV was located mid-morning, Monday, October 27th Tina was lying dead in the back seat. The vehicle was perfectly parked and the doors were locked.

The police have been very tight-lipped about the investigation.

Tina was a popular, gregarious and successful woman. She was a vice president at a bond firm. She had been married to her second husband for 15 years. She thought the sun rose and set on her husband, but her husband was generally not trusted throughout the family.

I agree with you, I do not think these crimes are related.

If I knew how to start a thread for you I would.

I read about her murder and hope it does get solved.

My condolences.

I agree with you, I do not think these crimes are related.

If I knew how to start a thread for you I would.

I read about her murder and hope it does get solved.

My condolences.

If you go here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7 it will bring you to the main "Crimes in the News" forum. You can then click the NEW THREAD button and create a thread for Tina.

My condolences to you and your family.

To start a new thread --

Go to the main forum here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Then search for a keyword related to the story you'd like to start a thread about. At the top of any forum page, you will see this: "Search this Thread." In this instance you'd enter "Caronna."

If nothing comes up that is specifically about Tina's murder, you can then start a new thread from the forum page by clicking a button on the bottom left that says "New Thread."

Hope that helps.

According to all the news about Tina right now, they have been unable to reach her husband. Her father had recently died, he was an insurance agent. Most likely she received an inheritance and maybe triggered a domestic issue..my opinion.
I don't think she inherited much if anything from her Dad because her Mom is still alive. She did make a lot of money though. She made over $200K a year.

To start a new thread --

Go to the main forum here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Then search for a keyword related to the story you'd like to start a thread about. At the top of any forum page, you will see this: "Search this Thread." In this instance you'd enter "Caronna."

If nothing comes up that is specifically about Tina's murder, you can then start a new thread from the forum page by clicking a button on the bottom left that says "New Thread."

Hope that helps.
Thanks Steve!

Thanks, Don't! That makes perfect sense now that you mention it.

Murderinmemphis~ Let me express my condolences to you and your family. I do hope you will make a thread for your cousin as it sounds like it is still quite a mystery as to what happened to her. Welcome to WS, but I am saddened it is under these circumstances. Hugs~

O/T
MIM - I'm so sorry for your family's tragic loss. I hope you are able to start a thread for your cousin, Tina, and I pray that her murderer will be caught and punished. My prayers for you and yours. I, too, welcome you to WS, but wish it were under different circumstances. :blowkiss:

Back on topic, I didn't get to watch any of the news shows - LE said that the surveillance tape didn't give them any leads?? :doh:

Supposedly the surveillance tape is blurry. There has been some comment that a few letters/numbers were seen on the license plate but nothing offical. They haven't even said if its a car, truck or suv. Not sure why they don't come out with more info on this.

As strange as this sounds, they could send the tape to the masters at Target. This was done in another case. They have state of the art equipment to handle surveillance tapes which are grainy and unclear. It would certainly be worth the time and trouble to allow their experts to go over it.

The Angel of Death name is from a Slayer song. I don't think it is too much of a stretch for someone who likes fast cars to like loud heavy music. Slayer might not be everyone's cup of tea but the nick name is not anything that I think has to do with anything.
I saw the forum, while some people here might think it is creepy in light of what happened to Anne, the forum is nothing new. I think it is a guy thing, and the Slayer reference is a generational thing.

Just had to pipe in because this is not the first time I have seen the whole discussion go in strange directions because of details that make sense to some but not others for whatever reason. (OLD FOLKS!!!) :crazy:

LOL, you are talking to someone who used to be very into that kind of music. May have even been to a Slayer concert, but the mind is foggy. So old you know!

Thanks, Moxie! I guess it won't be on here for awhile then as we get local news.

I didn't see anything creepy in that man's posts on the anchors. He didn't start the thread or bring it back up either. He probably is harmless, but doesn't hurt to check the connection to the site until we know what happened to the last woman. If it is domestic then it will rule that out.

I think it will be just a strange coincidence in the end tho.

The posts on page 12 (and maybe previous) are the posts I am referring to. Something was said about a thread that was locked on another website. There was a lot of "ewwww" going around, thus I deemed him "creepy". Maybe a bad choice of words!

Agree he is probably not involved, was just a weird thing.

Back to what I mentioned earlier, anyone else think there is a possibility her purse was tossed and this guy at the station found it and used it and he's not the perp? Timing is very close but if it was just thrown out a window or tossed into the trash I think it is possible.

Also my condolences to Tina's family. I hope for a quick resolution to this crime.

New web site for tips about Anne's murder. "People with tips can fill out a form at www.tipsubmit.com that investigators will read."

Also from that article; "Police say they collected DNA and other evidence but do not have a named suspect."

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=109684.54928.121826

I watched this on Channel 11 today.
If the person who did this was a random person I think and hope this will help.
Perhaps he is bragging.
If the person who did this knew her or stalked her I do not think it will help the investigation.

It was pretty interesting, you can leave an anon tip and get a number and track the tip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230
Back