Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve considered this theory, too. But it wasn’t mentioned in the affidavit so I’m assuming if he was forced or coerced he would have mentioned it.

It’s just so hard to understand why he got involved. He was already leaving her, why on earth did he help her with the crime? I could almost see up to a point especially since she had a gun but why not call 911 and end the madness?
Respectfully SBMFF.

(Tell me you’re in an emotionally abusive relationship without telling me you’re in an emotionally abusive relationship)
Two words would explain why he helped her even though he was leaving her: ‘Trauma Bond’.
Trauma bonds are crazy powerful for the abused victim but in the worst ways possible.

I’m not saying he was emotionally abused by her, but if he was, his behavior is inline with a victim of emotional abuse, and his trauma bond to her.

ymmv jmvho

@bestill

Respectfully SBMFF.

(Tell me you’re in an emotionally abusive relationship without telling me you’re in an emotionally abusive relationship)
Two words would explain why he helped her even though he was leaving her: ‘Trauma Bond’.
Trauma bonds are crazy powerful for the abused victim but in the worst ways possible.

I’m not saying he was emotionally abused by her, but if he was, his behavior is inline with a victim of emotional abuse, and his trauma bond to her.

ymmv jmvho

@bestill
Interesting. I may be wrong but looking from the outside in Amber seems to think she's more of the victim. I base this on her TikTok videos and her song choices along with her FB posts about marriage and Lessons Taught by Life, etc...jmo

Found this online explaining it: The 7 Stages of Trauma Bonding

Moo..a few pages back.. someone said drive by drop off point and then dump phone..make Ashley 's love seem guilty. Not trying to down grade those with same thought...just saying someone came up with that motive way back. Have any babies lived thru these scenarios?
Some have survived. Savannah Greywind's baby did, but she was full term.

Unless it wasn't Ashley who texted the husband. Who knows who had the phone at that point (and for how long)

Clearly I'll have to wait for the trial, as it still makes no sense whatsoever to me that Joseph, or anybody else, would text Ashley’s husband they were driving past Ashley’s husband as of the time they were driving past Ashley’s husband, so that they would be Johnny on the spot in order to see Ashley drive past them and give chase, but YMMV.

Clearly I'll have to wait for the trial, as it still makes no sense whatsoever to me that Joseph, or anybody else, would text Ashley’s husband they were driving past Ashley’s husband as of the time they were driving past Ashley’s husband, so that they would be Johnny on the spot in order to see Ashley drive past them and give chase, but YMMV.
Who is Joseph?

I do think it *may* be plausible that he was so caught off guard, after just thinking his daughter died and all the stuff that had just gone on that when she told him it was her/Lucy who killed Ashley, he was just in a shock state and was easily guilted or persuaded. He would need to try to get his head around an awful lot if it was in fact the case that she was lying to him as well. However, I also would not be surprised to hear that there is more to it than that, and he was in on it more. MOO
What if she showed him the dead body which was hidden in THEIR home---and she said she would tell police he was involved, if he didnt help her dispose of the body?

What if she showed him the dead body which was hidden in THEIR home---and she said she would tell police he was involved, if he didnt help her dispose of the body?
But he had an alibi. He was at work.

Of course, after burning poor Ashley's body, there's no telling when the murder happened, so his alibi has probably gone poof!

Missouri*
In 1986, Missouri enacted HB 1596, adding a new provision to §1.205.2 to the basic definitions section of the Missouri code. It states in part: “The life of each human being begins at conception . . . Effective January 1, 1988, the laws of this state shall be interpreted and construed to acknowledge on behalf of the unborn child at every stage of development, all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of this state, subject only to the Constitution of the United States, and decisional interpretations thereof by the United States Supreme Court and specific provisions to the contrary in the statutes and constitution of this state.”
The U.S. Supreme Court, in Webster v. Reproductive Health Services (1989), declined to invalidate this law, holding that it was up to the Missouri courts to determine its application outside of the scope of the abortion-related rights that had been established in past U.S. Supreme Court decisions. Subsequently, in 1995, the Missouri Supreme Court held that §1.205.2 incorporates the “intention of the general assembly that courts should read all Missouri statutes in pari materia [on the same subject] with this section,” and construed the state’s wrongful death law to be covered by it (Connor v. Monkem Co., Inc., 898 S.W.2d 89).

Do we know if she was killed at the home? Otherwise how would she move the body out of the truck? I suppose she could have pushed her out if she was killed in the truck. But wouldn’t the shot burst your ear drums? Easier to have her come inside to get the baby clothes and shoot her there, take the baby and then have hubby help move the body? Either that happened or she drove the truck around to the back of the house and killed her there. As for charges, 1st degree premeditated murder. Gross mutilation of a corpse, obstruction of Justice, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, and probably a laundry list of others.can u imagine putting the placenta in your pants? Revolting on so many levels. Bet she’ll go with temp insanity defense or split personality…she might be dumb enough to think that will work. There’s no punishment bad enough for what she did. MOO

The video said Ashley was killed Monday night, but Jamie said Amber called him at 4:30 saying she miscarried.

So was he actually there for the killing?

And they burned the body during the day before the funeral? I assumed they did the body burning/disposal under the cover of darkness.

I wonder if "Lucy" gave her some money, even if just a small amount, or something else on the first day they met and that's why she was inclined to go back.
She offered her a bogus work-from-home opportunity, the above linked article says. So the meeting was about that.

Has fetus stealing always been a thing that we just didn't necessarily hear about due to past reporting conventions or is it actually a recent trend?
Wondering the same. This is about the fifth story I’ve read over the past 6-7 years (and maybe an additional 2 over a longer period) about a pregnant woman being methodically lured and killed by a woman who wants to steal the baby.

ETA: I recall now in a couple of the cases, the intended pregnant victim managed to escape and alert police before the murder could be committed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members