Found Deceased AR - Ashley Schwarz Haynes, paddleboarding on Arkansas River, Maumelle, 12 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is my first time posting a new thread here. It’s actually a friend that just went missing & my gut is turning inside. One can’t tell from that news article alone, but there are many details that don’t add up. I’m afraid to say much more.

This is my first time posting a new thread here. It’s actually a friend that just went missing & my gut is turning inside. One can’t tell from that news article alone, but there are many details that don’t add up. I’m afraid to say much more.
Wenifred I'm so sorry to hear your friend is missing. The news article doesn't say much, was she alone? Did she typically go out on the river alone? Who saw her last and who reported her missing?
Lots to find out.

I came across this looking through local news…such a terrible event. Prayers for all

Authorities continue search Thursday for Maumelle woman reported missing in Arkansas River

Police said Ashley Haynes, of Maumelle, was last seen Wednesday leaving the north side of the Arkansas River on a paddleboard. An initial missing persons call was made by Haynes' family to Maumelle Police at 6 p.m. Wednesday, and that Pulaski County officials were called in to help just before 8:15 p.m.

Thursday morning, several agencies were assisting in the search. Arkansas State Police was using a helicopter and members of Arkansas Game & Fish were using boats with sonar. The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office was also using boats, sonar, and drones.

Search continues for Maumelle woman lost in Arkansas river | KARK

Searching is more difficult with the water involved but a small island in the northern part of the river does settle the current down in the area that Haynes was believed to have been around.

“We’re concentrating on the Maumelle side of the river which will be probably the north side of the river where we think, where she actually initially entered the water,” Capt. Collins said.

Search crews have only been able to find her paddleboard and a paddle but are still optimistic they will be able to locate Haynes and have not said this is a recovery effort yet.

Crews continue search for woman who disappeared paddleboarding | thv11.com

The Maumelle Police Department confirmed that their main focus for the time being is that of the 'Park on the River.'

Authorities both inside and outside of the city are helping, as Arkansas State Police used it's helicopter to aid in the search early Thursday morning.

Help also came from the North Little Rock Police Department, who used a drone to assist in finding Haynes.

Wenifred I'm so sorry to hear your friend is missing. The news article doesn't say much, was she alone? Did she typically go out on the river alone? Who saw her last and who reported her missing?
Lots to find out.
Agreed. The news article doesn’t say much. But we aren’t supposed to post social media stuff on here. They live right on the river and she is a very experienced paddle boarder. It is not uncommon at all for her to go out there alone. It is a very docile section of the river, especially for someone who is experienced. Like, you don’t usually even get wet.
We don’t know who last reported seeing her. Sources just say, “she was last reported being seen by family and friends”. Who? Who last saw her?
I have heard through other sources that they found her kayak and paddle and a “snack bag” in the same exact place. I’m an experienced whitewater kayaker and can say that does NOT normally happen with paddling accidents.

upload_2022-1-14_14-32-25.png
Ashley Haynes, of Maumelle, was reported missing at about 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12, according to a news release from the Maumelle Police Department. Her family members said she was seen leaving the Maumelle side of the river. “My name is Griffin (and) I’m posting on my mothers Facebook account,” he shared the evening she went missing, as seen in a screengrab on Facebook. “She went for a paddle and hasn’t been back in 3 hours.”

As of 7:30 a.m. Thursday, police said the search is ongoing alongside Arkansas State Police and Arkansas Game and Fish. “Please avoid the area which includes staying off the Arkansas river and please do not use personal aircraft or drones as it would hinder search efforts,” Maumelle police wrote on Facebook.

Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Capt. Dustin Ivey at 501-960-3629. Maumelle is northwest of Little Rock in the metropolitan area.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article257286472.html

eta: Park on the River

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Wenifred! This must be very upsetting for you. I hope and pray she is located safe and soon!

Agreed. The news article doesn’t say much. But we aren’t supposed to post social media stuff on here. They live right on the river and she is a very experienced paddle boarder. It is not uncommon at all for her to go out there alone. It is a very docile section of the river, especially for someone who is experienced. Like, you don’t usually even get wet.
We don’t know who last reported seeing her. Sources just say, “she was last reported being seen by family and friends”. Who? Who last saw her?
I have heard through other sources that they found her kayak and paddle and a “snack bag” in the same exact place. I’m an experienced whitewater kayaker and can say that does NOT normally happen with paddling accidents.
Could she have pulled over to the side of the river and excited the kayak to have a snack? Do you know if she may have had any blood sugar issues?

What a pretty, happy-looking person. Hoping she is okay and possibly resting from a possible tough paddle-board incident. Two days is a long time in some respects and a short time in others. Maybe a broken ankle or wrist from a tough area in the river.
Hoping her family or friends will hear from her soon.

Your thread looks great, @Wenifred -- thanks for letting us know about her. Hoping for good news soon.
Keep up the good work for all of us here at Websleuths!

bbm
That makes total sense -- looks like she may have been "docking" for a snack or a phone call, a short rest for the ride back, etc. Everything there as it should be.
What could have happened?

https://www.kark.com/news/local-new...arch-for-missing-*************-ashley-haynes/
They ended the active search for her today.
I am not aware of any blood sugar issues she had. We all know that accidents on the river can happen, but in my opinion, based on evidence I have heard of & where her board and paddle were found that she isn’t in the river. Of course, this is only my opinion. Nothing more than that.

Last edited:
https://www.kark.com/news/local-new...arch-for-missing-*************-ashley-haynes/
They ended the active search for her today.
I am not aware of any blood sugar issues she had. We all know that accidents on the river can happen, but in my opinion, based on evidence I have heard of & where her board and paddle were found that she isn’t in the river. Of course, this is only my opinion. Nothing more than that.

bbm
Totally agree -- as soon as I read your previous post about the board and other items being together, I thought that there was no way she would be in the water, unless something bad happened to her -- a slip and bad fall incapacitating her, or foul play. I just can't see foul play out there, somehow. Hoping she is huddled-up or hunkered-down somewhere safe and sound tonight.

If you become a verified insider, you can share info with us.

However, I know the Arkansas River in the LR metro. She's a killer and is never to be trusted. A few months back a dude went to take a leak in the woods along the banks at Murray Park, slipped and the Arkansas got him. I think we even had a thread for him. At least once a year some half drunk guy drops something out of a boat and thinks he can get it back and those don't tend to resurface.

Her phone was supposedly at home.

Huh?

That ... No. You don't go out to do risky/dangerous sports without your phone. They have waterproof bags, if you get into trouble you need to be able to call for help.

Okay, I'm on board for something went down.

Please get verified for this case so you can share what you know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back